Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Lord's Prayer

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I've been wondering if Ecbert's tub might have actually been in present-day Bath.

Way too small - the bath at Bath is pretty large.  Like as not Ecbert's bath is fire-heated and probably has a working hypocaust.   Full disclosure: my main aim in life is to build a house with a Roman bath and a triclinium.  One day, my pet, one day ...

The Romans built to last - imagine the bathing facilities built by the guys at Jamestown still being used. 

For shame...Puritans were NEVER naked.

Wrong colony, SingleMalt, that'd be Plymouth up north.  The Jamestown guys were mostly adventurers and entrepreneurs who would likely have been better off if they'd thought to bring some farmers with them.  

• Love 3

Wheeeeeee!!  I love it!

Also though I gave thumbs up to the "Gardies" I also wanted to add a written thanks to Master Cole here.  I can't get On Top of Old Smokie out of my head now though.  "On top of Norse Mountain / All covered in mist / Floki picks mushrooms / Now that he's pissed."  Dude you got me humming that to myself now.  You are so totally evil!!!  (Hah).  Thanks for all the "Gardies."  If you have time, you should retro some of the missing episodes to help us during the downtime maybe.  Even do Season 1?

Yes, please!  

Earl Cole, although you lead a busy life, if you can squeeze some time to recap the rest of Season Two (and even Season One), I would be forever in your debt.

• Love 2

Kind of off-topic (as in, not about this specific episode), but my boyfriend and I -- I got him hooked on the show back when it first started -- have begun mock-blood eagling each other as a gesture of...I don't know, somewhere between tickling and play-fighting. When you're sitting or lying next to someone, you draw your index finger down his/her spine, then put both hands on the upper back and pretend you're pulling the ribs open to get at the lungs. You also have to say "Blood eagle!" while you do it, of course.

We're totally normal in a lot of other ways, I swear.

• Love 3

I really was disappointed in back stabber Floki and thrilled when he showed he really was Secret Agent Man Floki.

Perhaps Ragnar deserves more respect....He has kept his band together, wife, ex-wife, monk, Rollo, Siggi, Floki, etc. I'm not sure I could keep seven people together unless I promised them all free ipads!

• Love 5

Heehee. I've enjoyed your 3 way discussion posts ComMad & Ohwell ! I think you both bring up excellent points.

And I've vowed to Odin that I will work the term Blood Eagled into everyday conversation.

• Love 1

I've seen the pics of the threesome, but do we know it was a "threesome?"  I mean, in days of yore it was not unusual for people to share a bed, particularly in the north where more people = more warmth.  I think the fact Aslaug is in the middle means it was a sleepover of the innocent kind.  Except Ragnar does look rather smug. Hmm.

do we know it was a "threesome?"

It's tv. No reason to spend the shooting time unless it was a "threesome." Just sharing the bed could have been ignored completely, or tossed off with a line of dialogue. No, we needed to see Ragnar's twinkling eyes, and that tells us what we need to know. Bomp-chicka-bomp!

(edited)

HI I am new to Vikings. I don't remember which episode finally caught my attention but I went back and rewatched from the start of season 2. I was happy Floki ended up on Ragnar's side. Siggy didn't do a good job with hiding who's side she was on for me, ever since Horik brought his son to her she just kind of put up with him and when he told her she would be second wife it seemed to firm up that she was done with his shenanigans. I'm not sure if Ragnar, Lagertha, and Aslaug had a threesome or if Ragnar is looking forward to one, He is not in the middle and I would think that if he was just the meat in the sandwich he would be.

Edited by jdwud

It's tv. No reason to spend the shooting time unless it was a "threesome." Just sharing the bed could have been ignored completely, or tossed off with a line of dialogue. No, we needed to see Ragnar's twinkling eyes, and that tells us what we need to know. Bomp-chicka-bomp!

I was thinking it might just be a promo shot.  That's why I asked for a timeline ... how did this actually happen?  After slaughtering the family and the headbutting Ragnar asks Lagertha if she's free later how about joining him and the current wife? 

After slaughtering the family and the headbutting Ragnar asks Lagertha if she's free later how about joining him and the current wife?

Yup.  That sounds like Ragnar, at least to me.

Lagertha is a fierce woman who fights and rules like a man. Of course she can probably have all the men at her feet

I think I'd be one of them.  Something about the way she strolled through carnage and stepped over a body without a glance was ... arresting.

• Love 4

It was a really boring Thursday without Vikings out pillaging tonight.  When do we get to Season 3.  "Are we there yet, Ragnar.  Are we there yet?"

• Love 2

I'm new to ptv, so this is my first Vikings comment, although I have avidly watched every episode at least once.

My take on the threesome is that Lagertha is a grown woman and if she didn't want to, she wouldn't. She has long gotten over Ragnar dumping her for Aslaug and even gets along with Aslaug, so Lagertha is not some sad-sack scorned ex-wife. She wants what she wants, and if she wanted a threesome with her ex and his wife, so be it.

Plus, you can't frame it in today's culture, where monogamy is prized. Having multiple wives was common among the Vikings, esp. a high-ranking one like Ragnar. At least he has one wife at a time. Having a threesome with your (ex)husband and another woman was probably not such a big deal as it would be today.

Finally caught up with the show on my DVR. Do NOT fuck with Lagertha. She will cut you. Literally. She is, quite simply, the most awesome character on television, and Katheryn Winnick does an amazing job playing her.

• Love 1