Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilery Stuff: Media, Social And Otherwise

• Start Topic

Regarding the new trash show, there’s no way they start filming in a month. All shows have been delayed until fall for taping.

Has anyone besides me noticed the demeanor, personality, of the couples on Pillow Talk is nothing like when they are “acting” on the show? Further proof producers encourage the catfights and slapdowns.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Regarding the new trash show, there’s no way they start filming in a month. All shows have been delayed until fall for taping.

Has anyone besides me noticed the demeanor, personality, of the couples on Pillow Talk is nothing like when they are “acting” on the show? Further proof producers encourage the catfights and slapdowns.

There are so many people that I like better on Pillow Talk than I did on their seasons: Tim, Veronica, David, Annie, Molly...Actually, I really did like Molly during her season, but her (IMO) irresponsible decision to keep Luis around after the way he treated her kids poisoned the water a little. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

There are so many people that I like better on Pillow Talk than I did on their seasons: Tim, Veronica, David, Annie, Molly...Actually, I really did like Molly during her season, but her (IMO) irresponsible decision to keep Luis around after the way he treated her kids poisoned the water a little. 

I agree.  I like Tim and Veronica's repartee, they seem natural and relaxed together.  I think that's the key to a successful Pillow Talker, it has to seem like two good friends actually enjoying the show, with witty snark.  All the enjoyable couples IMO have this quality.

Robert and Anny aren't quite there yet, but I was so touched by the love she shows Bryson, I'm giving them some slack.  Robert's gotten in a few zingers.

• Love 16
On 5/11/2020 at 2:48 PM, politichick said:

Wow.

I can't thank you enough for sitting through that dumpster fire and recounting it for us. My takeaway: Tom is the biggest asshole out of all of 'em. He's totally playing the bitch British diva with the insults and barbs....fuck you, Tom. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I agree 100%. produces want 'drama': fighting, arguing - not getting along makes for better TV. It makes the viewers think these couples will NEVER work out! If they were just happy & loving, most watchers would get bored. Sadly - people in general are drawn more to conflict - that's why bad news gets more coverage than good. OK - I find some conflict compelling - I won't lie - but too much (like the 'Family Chantel') turns me off & I skip it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, 4merBachAddict said:

I agree 100%. produces want 'drama': fighting, arguing - not getting along makes for better TV. It makes the viewers think these couples will NEVER work out! If they were just happy & loving, most watchers would get bored. Sadly - people in general are drawn more to conflict - that's why bad news gets more coverage than good. OK - I find some conflict compelling - I won't lie - but too much (like the 'Family Chantel') turns me off & I skip it.

Right??  There's a fine line between riveting and nauseating!   I think most people can only handle so much.

• Love 5

This week on Dr. Phil there is a two part show with a woman who has been scammed on line, she thinks she has been engaged to 7 men, sent lots of money, etc...she has the most dim witted look and idiot like affectation to her it is crazy. She, David and Yolanda could be great friends, Dr. Phil hired a PI to find the "mens*," (*tm BGL) she has been engaged to, the photos were stolen from real facebook accounts, Dr. Phil had the real men in the photo tell her the photos and identities were stolen and she still doubted she was being scammed.  

It distresses me that these people are driving cars, they seem too stupid for words.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

This week on Dr. Phil there is a two part show with a woman who has been scammed on line . . . 

She's so dumb that her catfish experience will be THREE parts.  Tune in today!

She's gotten more on-air time in three episodes of Dr. Phil than Yolanda and David combined on 90DF.  But this one is a whole new level of gullible.  She needs to be in one of those facilities for people with dementia or terminal stupidity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She's so dumb that her catfish experience will be THREE parts.  Tune in today!

She's gotten more on-air time in three episodes of Dr. Phil than Yolanda and David combined on 90DF.  But this one is a whole new level of gullible.  She needs to be in one of those facilities for people with dementia or terminal stupidity.

I didn’t see part 1, but in part 2 Dr Phil and experts tried to convince her there was no such thing as “white money” that turned into $100 bills when soaked in a special solution.    

So, yes, I can believe David and his delusions are real.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, DEL901 said:

He also says she can’t use the iPhone because of her nails, but they are short in the scenes.   And she has quite a wardrobe for a hermit.   I’d love to see her face if she were to arrive in America expecting a mansion and he shows her an RV.   

And it seems odd he is supposedly a millionaire but lives in a rental house......he is such an odd guy.

Not so sure Yolanda could possibly have had Covid 19 back in December

Edited by endure
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, endure said:

And it seems odd he is supposedly a millionaire but lives in a rental house......he is such an odd guy.

He doesn't live in a rental house. He owns at least 4 rental houses in Clark County and he uses one of them to film in. The house we've seen is not the one he lives in. This isn't any different than Yolanda filming in an Air BnB. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wow! The leaked Tell All was 10 hours of unbelievable and surreal drama. My big take-away was that these people really enjoy hearing themselves talk.

giphy.gif

Edited by lu1535
not the entertaining link
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 5/10/2020 at 12:38 AM, RealReality said:

Erika is "making sure she takes all her vitamins" first off, Stephanie is nearly 30, she ought to be ashamed that anyone has to remind her about her medication. 

Thank you for noting this. That made me question who benefits the most from Steph's illness? If I had a chronic health issue I know, for a fact, that I wouldn't forget to take my meds. If someone needs to be reminded daily of the dos and don'ts of their chronic illness, I would assume this behaviour is more for the one doing the reminding. No one sick has ever needed to be reminded they are sick. (There had better not be any Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy involved!!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Chalby said:

(There had better not be any Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy involved!!)

Most parents who have Munchausen won't let their children/victims out of their sight.

I am beginning to question the level of Stephanie's illness, though.  The fact that she didn't wear a mask on that plane set off little red flags for me.  Someone (an adult) who has a chronic illness would not likely endanger their health by doing that.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Most parents who have Munchausen won't let their children/victims out of their sight.

I am beginning to question the level of Stephanie's illness, though.  The fact that she didn't wear a mask on that plane set off little red flags for me.  Someone (an adult) who has a chronic illness would not likely endanger their health by doing that.

Maybe she was actively ill YEARS ago and even though she's now well, she's never let it go?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Maybe she was actively ill YEARS ago and even though she's now well, she's never let it go?

Also a real possibility!

I don't take NEARLY as much medication as what Stephanie was toting around, but I will tell you this.  My pills are in those "day-of-the-week" storage containers.  How else can you remember if you took your pills on a given day?  And they're really easy to pack for travel.

I'm surprised she wasn't stopped at TSA with a tote bag just full of bottles of pills.  

There's so much that's questionable about her behavior as a chronically ill person that it's hard to believe she really is.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I don't take NEARLY as much medication as what Stephanie was toting around, but I will tell you this.  My pills are in those "day-of-the-week" storage containers.  How else can you remember if you took your pills on a given day?  And they're really easy to pack for travel.

I'm surprised she wasn't stopped at TSA with a tote bag just full of bottles of pills.  

There's so much that's questionable about her behavior as a chronically ill person that it's hard to believe she really is.

The way she kept throwing packages that were mostly air randomly into her purse & suitcase, dumping them out on various tables & beds also looked nothing like how chronically ill people treat their expensive meds.  I can see bringing one set of original packaging in case TSA or any other official needs to know what each type of pill is, but minimizing the bulk and organizing the month's supply in "day-of-the-week" storage containers is key when travelling a lot in multiple time zones.  At least once she drank out of a beer bottle opened by someone else's grubby hand, without wiping it or anything.  Also booze interacts badly with many drugs, but she guzzled some nearly every day.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

The way she kept throwing packages that were mostly air randomly into her purse & suitcase, dumping them out on various tables & beds also looked nothing like how chronically ill people treat their expensive meds.  I can see bringing one set of original packaging in case TSA or any other official needs to know what each type of pill is, but minimizing the bulk and organizing the month's supply in "day-of-the-week" storage containers is key when travelling a lot in multiple time zones.  At least once she drank out of a beer bottle opened by someone else's grubby hand, without wiping it or anything.  Also booze interacts badly with many drugs, but she guzzled some nearly every day.

Maybe it was manufactured drama from TLC.

• Love 1

Hi Everyone,  Just had a shock of the day!!  I do believe that much of this show is played up for viewers. But now i am wondering if any of it is real.  I was watching a show on Oxygen tonight. They have all true crime shows and reenactments.   So i was watching one which is a bit older.   Much to my shock Geoffrey from 90 days is on here. i recognized him right away.    He was playing a cop on the show. sooo....now i really have to wonder if this show is all fake and just a bunch of actors.  When last show ended and Varya just happened to be coming to see him and Mary happens to be there I found it pretty darn fake. She just happened to get a ticket that quick with no issues??                when i think about some of the couples I really have to wonder. It is possible these are just actors?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gmaof4 said:

Hi Everyone,  Just had a shock of the day!!  I do believe that much of this show is played up for viewers. But now i am wondering if any of it is real.  I was watching a show on Oxygen tonight. They have all true crime shows and reenactments.   So i was watching one which is a bit older.   Much to my shock Geoffrey from 90 days is on here. i recognized him right away.    He was playing a cop on the show. sooo....now i really have to wonder if this show is all fake and just a bunch of actors.  When last show ended and Varya just happened to be coming to see him and Mary happens to be there I found it pretty darn fake. She just happened to get a ticket that quick with no issues??                when i think about some of the couples I really have to wonder. It is possible these are just actors?

I had read elsewhere that Geoffrey is an actor.

Elizabeth, of Elizabeth-and-Andrei, is also an actress.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Gmaof4 said:

We've had several conversations about Geoffrey and his acting roles. You can find more of that in his couple's thread: 

Some of the cast members have acting experience and bit parts on their resumes (Libby, Caesar, Geoffrey) but I don't think they're making up everything we see, especially since some have gone on to get married and have kids. I don't think they were hired to pretend all of this, though they do play up a lot of it and embellish. I do, however, think that their acting experience and desire for fame is what made them apply to the show in the first place. 

• Love 2

Many are simply famewhores to a greater or lesser degree. Darcey and Stacey tried to get their own reality show prior to 90DF, Grangela was on one of the Judge Judy type shows, Molly had a show about her lingerie business, and there are probably other examples. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Many are simply famewhores to a greater or lesser degree. Darcey and Stacey tried to get their own reality show prior to 90DF, Grangela was on one of the Judge Judy type shows, Molly had a show about her lingerie business, and there are probably other examples. 

It was either Maury Povich or Jerry Springer.  I must respectfully say that they are NOT "Judge Judy" type shows.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 5/23/2020 at 6:52 AM, mamadrama said:

We've had several conversations about Geoffrey and his acting roles. You can find more of that in his couple's thread: 

Some of the cast members have acting experience and bit parts on their resumes (Libby, Caesar, Geoffrey) but I don't think they're making up everything we see, especially since some have gone on to get married and have kids. I don't think they were hired to pretend all of this, though they do play up a lot of it and embellish. I do, however, think that their acting experience and desire for fame is what made them apply to the show in the first place. 

I am still waiting for a crossover with Love After Lockup.  Angela would be perfect; Lisa undoubtedly has a number of prison "mens" anyway.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

I am still waiting for a crossover with Love After Lockup.  Angela would be perfect; Lisa undoubtedly has a number of prison "mens" anyway.

I'm still waiting on a Romani 600 lb incarcerated little person with octuplets who "falls in love" on a Russian dating site. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

I'm still waiting on a Romani 600 lb incarcerated little person with octuplets who "falls in love" on a Russian dating site. 

And has three or more sister wives.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

9 minutes ago, Gobi said:

And has three or more sister wives.

Yet again, it must be said:

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

This came to me in a fevered dream...

🥚 got TLC to finance his sexploitation vacation with a look alike of his co worker Karra...mixing creepy with horrifying.

🥚 fabricated the drama with his daughter Tiffany who wants to be on basic cable teevee to promote her personal training and real estate jobs in Las Vegas.

🥚, Tiff. and TLC are the worst and hope RM gets her revenge by blasting 🥚 with both barrels as a liar, manipulator, and scummy scum.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
On 5/22/2020 at 8:17 PM, deirdra said:

I can see bringing one set of original packaging in case TSA or any other official needs to know what each type of pill is,

I went to Melbourne last summer for a week on business.

I needed a note from my doctor for ALL of my prescriptions and they needed to be in original packaging with the script label still attached.  That was to get in and out of Australia; not for the US.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, b2H said:

I went to Melbourne last summer for a week on business.

I needed a note from my doctor for ALL of my prescriptions and they needed to be in original packaging with the script label still attached.  That was to get in and out of Australia; not for the US.

Same. I'm on a lot of meds and I ALWAYS travel with original prescription bottles when I fly international. In fact, in many places it's the law. Why risk it?

In my state, for example, it's fine to keep your meds in those days o the week dispensaries...in your house. Once you leave, however, it's illegal to have your medicine in anything other than its original container. I almost got arrested in Hungary for having one of those. Luckily I had the og bottle also with me.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2020 at 10:38 PM, endure said:

It's feasible.  Medical professionals are trying to find time to go back and look at hospital records.  Others are looking into autopsies...even exhumations.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Same. I'm on a lot of meds and I ALWAYS travel with original prescription bottles when I fly international. In fact, in many places it's the law. Why risk it?

In my state, for example, it's fine to keep your meds in those days o the week dispensaries...in your house. Once you leave, however, it's illegal to have your medicine in anything other than its original container. I almost got arrested in Hungary for having one of those. Luckily I had the og bottle also with me.

When my mom moved from one city to another last year, I got on a plane with a briefcase that held my mom's Fentanyl patches.  I read every regulation I could find before doing that, and they did all  say that they must be in the original prescription packaging.  

I was very relieved when it was time to turn that briefcase over to the professionals again.

@mamadrama, in my state(Florida) it's also illegal to carry any medicine in anything other than the original packaging.  If you get caught with 10 controlled pills?  That's 10 felonies, they take it very seriously.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

When my mom moved from one city to another last year, I got on a plane with a briefcase that held my mom's Fentanyl patches.  I read every regulation I could find before doing that, and they did all  say that they must be in the original prescription packaging.  

I was very relieved when it was time to turn that briefcase over to the professionals again.

@mamadrama, in my state(Florida) it's also illegal to carry any medicine in anything other than the original packaging.  If you get caught with 10 controlled pills?  That's 10 felonies, they take it very seriously.

One good thing about being old . . . one is rarely questioned at TSA for day-of-the-week pill containers.  The only thing that I've been challenged on when my carry-on luggage goes through the x-ray is the weighted base of my portable GPS.

I've just started using Repatha for cholesterol control.  I give myself an injection every two weeks with something like an epi-pen.  Between never traveling with syringes before, and the fact that it has to be kept refrigerated, I've got some googling to do to figure out that process.  The good news is, using the Repatha will cut down significantly on the number of pills in my day-of-the-week container.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Not sure if anyone here has mentioned this:

I have discovered a YouTube channel called “Psychology in Seattle.” A psychologist/ professor named Kirk Honda watches scenes from 90DF (as well as Married at First Sight, The Bachelor, etc.), and explains the psychology at play. I mean, we do that here, but he does it earnestly and snark-free! I find it truly fascinating, especially the Darcy stuff. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 5/16/2020 at 7:49 AM, kendi said:

. Cesar is a bit less dim than David. He advised him you to talk to the girl off the site. That's when David got scary creepy, so insistent that he knows more than the average visitor to the sites. The depths of David's obsession were more than anyone expected to see.

If TLC could control it a little better, I'd actually like to see more mixes of seasons with similar storylines using this format. Mute more instead of the yelling over each other and ask those hard questions. I think they feel more open talking to a screen and not have to fear a chair flying at them from Angela or Lisa.

You've made some excellent points. For sure Mamadrama (?) writes the best recaps which saves us all from wanting to throw things at the tv. I also agree with keeping the reunions online. That way the Host (hopefully Mamadrama) could just mute whoever is being too needy and obnoxious.

• Love 2
On 5/27/2020 at 8:45 AM, blubld43 said:

When my mom move  If you get caught with 10 controlled pills?  That's 10 felonies, they take it very seriously.

I am getting to the stage where getting a felony might find me in a change of scenery (just jkg gang).

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 11:43 PM, 7isBlue said:

I knew Darcey had hit rock bottom when she met up with her sister and boyfriend. She kept putting herself down which makes whoever is with her think, why would I want you?  Darcey wants/ is obsessed by love, but that kind of love doesn't exist in real life - she wants the Cinderella love. And she is too competitive with her sister.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2020 at 11:43 PM, 7isBlue said:

Not sure if anyone here has mentioned this:

I have discovered a YouTube channel called “Psychology in Seattle.” A psychologist/ professor named Kirk Honda watches scenes from 90DF (as well as Married at First Sight, The Bachelor, etc.), and explains the psychology at play. I mean, we do that here, but he does it earnestly and snark-free! I find it truly fascinating, especially the Darcy stuff. 

THANK YOU!!!

• Love 3
On 5/26/2020 at 11:22 AM, humbleopinion said:

This came to me in a fevered dream... hope RM gets her revenge by blasting 🥚 with both barrels as a liar, manipulator, and scummy scum.

I do too. I am not going to pretend that I think Rose Marie is all innocent and sweet - but very few of them are. She works hard and she wants a better life for her son. If she could grit her teeth and put up with Ed for a few minutes so be it. But no, now all he can say is that Rose taught him he can love again. Rose taught him that money cannot buy everything, especially if it is accompanied by disrespect.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:39 PM, cooksdelight said:

Shame though because "Pillow Talk" is my favourite of all these mindless shows.

• Love 3
On 5/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, AZChristian said:

I am so glad someone (YOU) said this. For a young woman who spends most of her time yelling, screaming, stomping around, and tossing the odd item, I'd say she certainly looks very healthy to me. And I sure hope she was playing Erica by 'pretending' to be Bi. She certainly didn't give off that vibe (despite her assumption that being ridiculously jealous makes them an automatic couple.)

On 5/21/2020 at 10:49 PM, mamadrama said:

He doesn't live in a rental house. He owns at least 4 rental houses in Clark County and he uses one of them to film in. The house we've seen is not the one he lives in. This isn't any different than Yolanda filming in an Air BnB. 

Judging by the decor, I assume David's been staying in that rental since the '80s.

• Love 4

Per Crazydaysandnights dot net

Blind Items Revealed #3

June 1, 2020

Add another person from the three month reality show who is doing porn. The latest already used to do webcamming, so this is not much of a stretch. This latest person was on the show this season. Apparently a porn company is sending a crew and talent to her country.

"90 Day Fiancé"/Rose/Philippines

2 hours ago, Arthur Jury said:

Per Crazydaysandnights dot net

Blind Items Revealed #3

June 1, 2020

Add another person from the three month reality show who is doing porn. The latest already used to do webcamming, so this is not much of a stretch. This latest person was on the show this season. Apparently a porn company is sending a crew and talent to her country.

"90 Day Fiancé"/Rose/Philippines

Their going to take on Duterte by sending a crew to use a known identifiable person in a criminal act?  Rose is no longer just a random bar or videoke girl that the police can play Sergeant Shultz and see nothing with. The Bishops will force action 

(edited)

I did my Internet research on aplastic anemia, and in addition to meds and blood transfusions, there is a cure that involves a bone marrow transplant.  Since she drives a Porche, perhaps she also had top notch treatment (when she was in the hospital for a long stint) and the meds that she flings around and sometimes forgets to take are supplements.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

there is a cure that involves a bone marrow transplant. 

Stephanie has made several IG posts trying to get attention to the bone marrow registry. So far, she does not have a match. It's the only thing about her appearance on the show that I can respect; she's trying to draw attention to her illness and the registry. There are some posts in the couples thread about it.

• Love 3
On 5/22/2020 at 12:38 AM, endure said:

I don't think being a millionaire nowadays is that unusual or impressive. David had a well-paying accounting job (I think with the state?), probably made a few good investments and has a nice pension. He doesn't have a wife (or ex wife) or kids to support, so any any discretionary income he makes he can spend on whatever pursuits he wants. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I don't think being a millionaire nowadays is that unusual or impressive. David had a well-paying accounting job (I think with the state?), probably made a few good investments and has a nice pension. He doesn't have a wife (or ex wife) or kids to support, so any any discretionary income he makes he can spend waste on whatever pursuits he wants. 

FIFY.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3