Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilery Stuff: Media, Social And Otherwise

• Start Topic

TLC Is downright SHADY! Don’t think I’m not gonna be writing them a less then friendly review about what I think about these Douche Canoes that put this string of lies together for THERE entertainment while they bend us of a log and expect us to keep watching this train wreck of a season, someone’s gonna hear it from me. 

• Love 4
On 10/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, AZChristian said:

Speaking ONLY for myself . . . I just hate being lied to. 

But you're watching TLC and that's what they're about, lying to create more drama...Ditto BravHo...it's their thing so if we're going to watch those channels I think we all have to accept the fact that what we're watching is more like "Fictional Reality" or "Altered Reality", but full on reality? Yeah, no way.

• Love 5
On 10/3/2018 at 6:10 PM, Chalby said:

This is another one I don't get. He's too short, too bald, too fake, and too paunchy to get a 2nd look. Yet he expects to land women who are so pumped full of medical treatments (ala Kardashian effect) they look look Jessica Rabbit. To me, the internet has made fake, shallow people famous, and therefore has every average Joe, Josephine thinking THEY have so much going on, they deserve a 'looker' on their arm, too. I shake my head at these bizarre online relationships (including Karadashians. I think the only 'real' one left is Kendall?) Blech!!

On 10/5/2018 at 6:59 PM, gingerella said:

But you're watching TLC and that's what they're about, lying to create more drama...Ditto BravHo...it's their thing so if we're going to watch those channels I think we all have to accept the fact that what we're watching is more like "Fictional Reality" or "Altered Reality", but full on reality? Yeah, no way.

We have evolved as viewers, thanks to TLC and Bravo. Now when we watch one of their shows, we immediately identify the fakes, the lies, the haphazardly edited, and the 5% truth. Judging by our comments, we are exceptional at spotting the clusterf**ks. :)

Edited by Chalby
Had to fix some grammatical errors.
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2018 at 1:27 PM, Chippings said:

Oh my gosh !  I haven't been to this specific forum in months, so interesting that I checked it out just now.  It had to do with moving the marijuana around in ways that didn't fit with the legal stuff in California, I suppose?  I didn't see what he was charged with earlier.  So (more spoilering) who supports Anfisa for one year and ten months?  

Does this forum even get viewed? I've noticed some of my posts have been transferred here, despite not knowing this board existed.

Is there any way this forum's title could be broken down, or organized more specifically, since my comments were in response to the "Goodbye for Now" forum? For example, a title like "Spoilery, Media, and Other Stuff for Goodbye for Now episode"? (I don't want to wade through posts on a forum that is still discussing last season's, "90 day..." characters, like Jorge.)

Edited by Chalby
fixed spacing
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2018 at 8:10 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Now that is some good dirt/tea. I do agree with the article regarding TLC using people with arrest records.

I am starting to think that TLC automatically green-lights auditions for anyone who's appeared on Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, or other trashy reality tv shows.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I am starting to think that TLC automatically green-lights auditions for anyone who's appeared on Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, or other trashy reality tv shows.

Provided they also have a criminal record.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

They are back with a whole new crop of train wrecks to snark on!

So, when meeting a woman for the first time, you bring her chocolate panties? I did not know that.

• LOL 5
On 6/26/2019 at 7:55 PM, greekmom said:

It looks like a bunch of train-wrecks will ensue!  We're also stuck with Darcy again even though she has completely worn out her welcome with her boring Pillow Talk sequences.  Now it's a guy who's closer in age to her, but apparently uncomfortable with all her emotionalism.  We also Angie II with a 47 year old woman with three divorces (including one on a spousal visa) lusting after a 26 year old.  I can see how the 19 year old convert to Islam wanting to meet up with a 24 year old Syrian in Lebanon would make one nervous.  ISIS has lured several young women from the US and other countries to go to the Middle East.  A 46 year old man has spent $40,000 on an online romance with a woman in the Ukraine.  Trouble...nothing but trouble.

• Love 5

Good grief, yet another adventure in South America. Watching previous seasons should be mandatory for these people. The man from Tunisia with the thrice divorced woman looks serious, and not in a good way.  It seems the season will be wild.  

• Love 2

Unless they are truly certifiable bananas nutcakes bonkers I distrust people who make a second and third trip to the trough of the 90 DF franchise.  Too many times there are been obvious holes in their stories.  I'm side-eyeing Darcy.

Looks like it'll be good but I hope, for my sake there aren't too many children dragged about.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2019 at 2:50 PM, sagittarius sue said:

A 46 year old man has spent $40,000 on an online romance with a woman in the Ukraine.  Trouble...nothing but trouble.

That one makes me so sad. He wants so hard to believe she cares, yet deep down she's skipped meeting him so many times, I believe he knows it is not happening. He seems very nice, but what on earth would make him believe this young gal is coming for him? He can't afford to lose $40,000 and she doesn't care.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:51 AM, Gobi said:

So, when meeting a woman for the first time, you bring her chocolate panties? I did not know that.

I know, right??? WTH?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 6:10 PM, Chalby said:

To me, the internet has made fake, shallow people famous, and therefore has every average Joe, Josephine thinking THEY have so much going on, they deserve a 'looker' on their arm, too. I shake my head at these bizarre online relationships (including Kardashians. I think the only 'real' one left is Kendall?) Blech!!

I don't know how to delete much original post. I went on a ramble of people wanting work done like the kardashians (e.g. Darcy), but I don't need to go there, so I wish I knew how to delete entire thread.

17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG, I am so surprised said no one ever. 

OK, I tried to follow this, and it made no sense to me at all.  Of all the things to fake on SM, Tom (or "Tom") set his sights pretty low, it seems to me.  I'm not buying it, not because I want to believe him, but because I find the alleged fraud so mundane and flat-footed.  I think my dead grandmother would have done a better job.

• Love 1
On 8/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, Gobi said:

My world view is shattered. Nothing is left to me except a black, endless void of despair and hopelessness. I have no mouth and I must scream.

I understand. What a blow we have been dealt.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
On 8/21/2019 at 3:53 PM, Barbara Please said:

Tom is what we've all predicted...a fake! 

He has been stealing IG posts as then posting as his own to show how 'rich' he is.  This is match made in heaven for fake Darcey!

More to view:

https://www.instagram.com/fraudedbytlc/?hl=en

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 1.45.11 PM.png

LOL!! Oh well, I guess that makes them perfect for one another. Seriously, I don't know why Darcey feels she's entitled to some rich, "classy" guy when she herself is trash and fake. 

• Love 6

Over on Reddit some chick who lives in Caesar's town (and she's his client) was posting that Caesar and "Maria" broke up before filming started. Everything we've seen has all been staged. The producers apparently liked his story and still wanted to use it, but since Maria didn't want to be filmed, they had to create some sort of drama around it. It sounds like Maria is real and not a catfish. I'm thinking that she didn't want to be filmed because she's fleecing other men and filming would expose her to her other "benefactors." The pictures and videos we're seeing may not be of the real woman. So Caesar going to Mexico and pretending to wait for her...all production driven and perhaps a recreation of something that actually happened in the past. He DID send her money, but it was "way less than $40,000."

Apparently, Caesar was being pretty open and honest about this back at the salon. He is a low level actor and wanted to be able to use this to get "more commercial work." People didn't even believe him about the show until it actually aired. Now he's keeping a tight lip because of his NDA. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

That article is from November 2018, and it’s the same ring from him that she’s wearing currently on the show (in TV time) “as a gift,” not as an engagement ring. 

How many damn promise rings is Darcey going to squeal over?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So not only did #FakeGate happen to Tom last week, but an upcoming scene is also bullshit. 

At this point I can't believe these cast members are signing up for this. None of their storylines may be true, but the public perception is definitely going to be real. They are throwing away their reputation (whatever's left of it) for a few minutes on TLC. Insane.

I mean, it's Starcasm, but I believe it. It jives with other stuff that's out there and the Instagram stuff is real enough. 

https://starcasm.net/before-the-90-days-darcey-boyfriend-tom-brooks-challenge/

The scene that was filmed about 6 times total (for 1 scene, several that night and they all came back the next week to film it again). This woman is there and was not aware that she was supposed to be playing an ex girlfriend because she never dated him! He asked her to do him a favor and show up so she and her friend did and THEN he tells her oh yeah pretend we dated for 5 years. TLC tried to get her to fly to NYC this weekend for the tell all, or to appear on Skype and she told them no after she found out what bullsh*t story they were trying to give her. (FYI, all this comes from interviews with one of the friends who was there. The girl referenced signed an NDA that she is not violating).

• Love 3

I read the entire reddit thread regarding the gossip about Caesar, and even the original poster admitted that they "can't speak for how true any of it is." Even if the redditor is telling the truth, that doesn't mean that what Caesar allegedly told her was totally true. Just in the past 24 hours, the original poster posted, "I think he really was scammed and just didnt want to admit it to save face. Especially since all his coworkers literally still joke about it in the salon. "

If Caesar expected to look completely foolish on worldwide TV, then he would've had every incentive to do as much damage control possible as early as possible.

The whole thing about him being an actor, and not just an aspiring actor, I still don't get. Unless he's using a stage name, I couldn't find an IMDB profile for him at all. Even Libby (of Elizabeth and Andrei) has an IMDB profile with 3 non-90-Day-related movie/tv credits.

The one thing I do agree with and wonder about is who the woman in Caesar's photos/videos actually is. The show constantly blurs out people's faces, like Rebecca's (ex-)husband, but her face is not blurred. If the woman in the photos/videos was a scammer, then why would she would completely blow up her operation by exposing herself globally like this.

After browsing Caesar's instagram feed, I totally believe that he is indeed that naive and skeevy. Maybe he uses his instagram to joke with his friends, but he gives me the impression that he thinks he's God's gift to women.

Edited by mmal
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, mmal said:

I read the entire reddit thread regarding the gossip about Caesar, and even the original poster admitted that they "can't speak for how true any of it is." Even if the redditor is telling the truth, that doesn't mean that what Caesar allegedly told her was totally true. Just in the past 24 hours, the original poster posted, "I think he really was scammed and just didnt want to admit it to save face. Especially since all his coworkers literally still joke about it in the salon. "

If Caesar expected to look completely foolish on worldwide TV, then he would've had every incentive to do as much damage control possible as early as possible.

The whole thing about him being an actor, and not just an aspiring actor, I still don't get. Unless he's using a stage name, I couldn't find an IMDB profile for him at all. Even Libby (of Elizabeth and Andrei) has an IMDB profile with 3 non-90-Day-related movie/tv credits.

The one thing I do agree with and wonder about is who the woman in Caesar's photos/videos actually is. The show constantly blurs out people's faces, like Rebecca's (ex-)husband, but her face is not blurred. If the woman in the photos/videos was a scammer, then why would she would completely blow up her operation by exposing herself globally like this.

After browsing Caesar's instagram feed, I totally believe that he is indeed that naive and skeevy. Maybe he uses his instagram to joke with his friends, but he gives me the impression that he thinks he's God's gift to women.

I don't think the woman in the photos is even the same woman Caesar thought he was talking to. I think Sharp picked a woman to stand in as Maria because the "real" one wouldn't consent to having her picture shown.

After becoming real life friends with 2 of the couples who live in my state, and from my own stint on reality TV, I have zero trouble believing that they manufactured any of this.  Also, there are other ways of being an actor besides having roles in movies. He could just be some dude who's been in a local commercial and thinks this is his big break into primetime. For someone struggling to pay his rent and living on a ramen diet, he sure does appear to vacation often.

At the end of the day people are going to believe what they want to believe, but it is not out of the realm of possibility to think that these scenes were recreations at the very least.

• Love 5
On 8/24/2019 at 9:15 AM, Gobi said:

"I put it [the ring] on her finger, what do you think?" I think that you're both frauds , thanks for asking. Just a scam to get on 90DFHEA.

But why wouldn't he simply reply "yes?"  That answer seems evasive--after all, Jesse put a ring on her finger, too.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, mmal said:

He's got to be kidding with the I'm -so-sexy poses in the nail salon, right?

• LOL 4

More about Tom from the same Soap Dirt article: 

"So who is Tom Brooks? His LinkedIn page says he’s the commercial director for women’s fitness brand LaBelle Mafia.

He’s also British and runs a stud service for English bulldogs. He hails from Nottingham UK but judging by his Instagram activity, he’s on the move a lot for business. He’s got a daughter (around 6-8 years old) and is rocking a very “James Bond” hunky vibe. He’s a dog lover with three bulldogs, has a few tattoos, and expensive taste.

Tom Brook’s Insta story has him showing pics of his Rolex watch, Louis Vuitton boots, expensive cars, and a private jet. Tom Brooks confirmed to a 90 Day Fiance fan that he’s known Darcey Silva for years."

And as far as his "I put a ring on it" vague comment is concerned, maybe he just means he sent her a gift ring that she put on her finger, not that they're engaged. Of course,  I think it's all fake anyway and they're both in it for the publicity and business opportunities, just like Jesse was. Is anyone surprised that the romantic yacht trip has been changed to a more mundane trip to Albania? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

More about Tom from the same Soap Dirt article: 

"So who is Tom Brooks? His LinkedIn page says he’s the commercial director for women’s fitness brand LaBelle Mafia.

He’s also British and runs a stud service for English bulldogs. He hails from Nottingham UK but judging by his Instagram activity, he’s on the move a lot for business. He’s got a daughter (around 6-8 years old) and is rocking a very “James Bond” hunky vibe. He’s a dog lover with three bulldogs, has a few tattoos, and expensive taste.

Tom Brook’s Insta story has him showing pics of his Rolex watch, Louis Vuitton boots, expensive cars, and a private jet. Tom Brooks confirmed to a 90 Day Fiance fan that he’s known Darcey Silva for years."

And as far as his "I put a ring on it" vague comment is concerned, maybe he just means he sent her a gift ring that she put on her finger, not that they're engaged. Of course,  I think it's all fake anyway and they're both in it for the publicity and business opportunities, just like Jesse was. Is anyone surprised that the romantic yacht trip has been changed to a more mundane trip to Albania? 

I don't see how any of this is shady.  We knew he has known Marcy for at least four years; he told us what he does for a living;  a private jet?  Is it his, or just "a private jet?"  I am not surprised he has a child; many people his age have been married (or not) and have children--Farsi has two herself.  He has never, to my knowledge, pretended anything to us, the viewers, that is contradicted by any of this.  Why shouldn't he have enough money to own a Rolex?  The Airb&b looks expensive; I think we can assume he has some money.

I just don't get all the pearl-clutching over the "revelations" about Tom.  We're big boys and girls.  We understand that the people who come on these shows are not really looking for love, that they are people who at the very least want exposure on TV for career or whatever reasons.  Why are we shocked when we find out they don't reveal every detail of their lives during the first season of their appearance on the show?  And why do we feel entitled to know every detail, if every detail isn't relevant to our shivers of delight/disgust?

Does anybody still think this shit is *REAL*?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I don't see how any of this is shady.  We knew he has known Marcy for at least four years; he told us what he does for a living;  a private jet?  Is it his, or just "a private jet?"  I am not surprised he has a child; many people his age have been married (or not) and have children--Farsi has two herself.  He has never, to my knowledge, pretended anything to us, the viewers, that is contradicted by any of this.  Why shouldn't he have enough money to own a Rolex?  The Airb&b looks expensive; I think we can assume he has some money.

I just don't get all the pearl-clutching over the "revelations" about Tom.  We're big boys and girls.  We understand that the people who come on these shows are not really looking for love, that they are people who at the very least want exposure on TV for career or whatever reasons.  Why are we shocked when we find out they don't reveal every detail of their lives during the first season of their appearance on the show?  And why do we feel entitled to know every detail, if every detail isn't relevant to our shivers of delight/disgust?

I agree, I don't call any of that info "revelatory" . He's a reasonably attractive man, solid income, I've read nothing sensational.

I'd love a trip to Albania, but would be surprised if Darcy feels the same way. "Vacation" to her evidently means drinking all day at a beach, or by a pool. History, culture, art, she can't walk in the spike heels, so she 'll sit somewhere and drink alone. That should make for some fun evenings.I

ETA, all speculation, not spoilers.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

I agree, I don't call any of that info "revelatory" . He's a reasonably attractive man, solid income, I've read nothing sensational.

I'd love a trip to Albania, but would be surprised if Darcy feels the same way. "Vacation" to her evidently means drinking all day at a beach, or by a pool. History, culture, art, she can't walk in the spike heels, so she 'll sit somewhere and drink alone. That should make for some fun evenings.I

ETA, all speculation, not spoilers.

His background may not be shocking but it’s remarkable that he’s been “borrowing” the tweets of the Rolex, Louis Vuitton and the rest from others.  Seems Darcey liked some of them.  

Darcey asked that the Gran Canaria trip be changed to meeting Stacy and her fiancé in Albania to prove to Stacy that Tom is the one, so she’s all in on that plan.  Tom eventually agreed.  

Thinking maybe this relationship may not go so well for them down the road.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kareem said:

His background may not be shocking but it’s remarkable that he’s been “borrowing” the tweets of the Rolex, Louis Vuitton and the rest from others.  Seems Darcey liked some of them.  

Darcey asked that the Gran Canaria trip be changed to meeting Stacy and her fiancé in Albania to prove to Stacy that Tom is the one, so she’s all in on that plan.  Tom eventually agreed.  

Thinking maybe this relationship may not go so well for them down the road.  

Lol, she won't be able to walk no matter where she goes. Lots of sitting around drinking; they'll be "celebrating!" And I'd like to know how she plans on proving Tom is the one, since he himself is definitely uncertain about that.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

I don't find any of it shocking. I do feel like information like this helps put things into perspective, though. And I just like hearing dirt on people in general. Like they said in STEEL MAGNOLIAS, "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone then come sit by me."

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

So who is Tom Brooks? His LinkedIn page says he’s the commercial director for women’s fitness brand LaBelle Mafia.

I thought House of Eleven was a dumb name, but at least Darcey’s brand wasn’t at risk of being confused with a moderately successful Lil Kim album.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, blubld43 said:

8 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Lol, she won't be able to walk no matter where she goes. Lots of sitting around drinking; they'll be "celebrating!" And I'd like to know how she plans on proving Tom is the one, since he himself is definitely uncertain about that.

Luckily they have beaches in Albania. And alcohol. Darcey will be proving that Tom is the one by demonstrating that Tom is alive and too polite and British to scream "NO!!!!!!!!!" in her face when Darcey makes one of her not so subtle hints about marriage. True love is amazing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2019 at 9:00 PM, mmal said:

I had said on one of the episode pages that the picture they kept showing of the Ukraine girl standing,  looking out over water or something looks like a person photoshopped together using parts of several women.   The phone calls sound like something using a cover alerting device.  The video Ceaser was watching of her as he was heading to the airport was very generic,  could have been recorded for anyone.   

• Love 5