Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: Week 9: Overnight Dates

• Start Topic

Rachel heads home to Dallas with the final three men so they can meet her family. While there, one man shares his reservations with Rachel's mom, and another is grilled about his sincerity. Later, Rachel takes the guys to Spain for romantic overnight dates.

Ewwww. I haven't watched this show in so long. Cannot get over the smarminess of sleeping with three different guys in the nights. Obviously this show is about auditioning men for their sex abilities and not finding a lifelong mate.

Eric said so little. I think he's attracted to her and her to him but I don't know that they really have anything in common to bond them for life.

also, this show has become a big travelogue. People go on it not just to fame who're but also for a free international vacation.

Ha, even the winery owner is auditioning. For Spanish Idol.

• Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Ewwww. I haven't watched this show in so long. Cannot get over the smarminess of sleeping with three different guys in the nights. Obviously this show is about auditioning men for their sex abilities and not finding a lifelong mate.

Eric said so little. I think he's attracted to her and her to him but I don't know that they really have anything in common to bond them for life.

also, this show has become a big travelogue. People go on it not just to fame who're but also for a free international vacation.

Ha, even the winery owner is auditioning. For Spanish Idol.

It's not about the sexxxx it is about the CONNECTION, or so I've been told.  Even the implication that had been intimate with multiple men to my family at home would shame me. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 2

I remember in the first season when they pulled out the overnight date cards one of the girls said, does that mean you got one of these for Amanda (name might not be right) and was totally grossed out.  Back then they used to use the "lets just check it out" line most of the time (although I think the girl that won ordered a plastic sheet and chocolate sauce from room service).

Copper was the best part

4 minutes ago, meatball77 said:

I remember in the first season when they pulled out the overnight date cards one of the girls said, does that mean you got one of these for Amanda (name might not be right) and was totally grossed out.  Back then they used to use the "lets just check it out" line most of the time (although I think the girl that won ordered a plastic sheet and chocolate sauce from room service).

Copper was the best part

OMG that was shannon--she was awesome--she made it to final 3 without even kissing!!

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I see Rachel got the five head from her father.

Rachel's father wasn't in the room. Just like with her HTD on Nick's season, her father did not appear on camera.

I normally lurk, but I'm so confused that I just have to post to calm my brain lol. Did they show Bryan's overnight date? Did I black out and forget it or did it not get shown in the episode? 

Please help. Lol

No they didn't because at this late stage of the season, they're actually doing a stupid To Be Continued. And to make it worse, unlike last season, where they broke up the FSD episodes into two separate hours and showed the second hour and the Final 3 rose ceremony before the Women Tell All, these fools are actually dragging this shit into the Finale. So yeah, we won't know who is the Final 3 much less Final 2 and Final 1 until the finale. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
(edited)

My definition of engagement is like Peter's, that it is to get married. Sounds like Rachel just wants to be engaged no matter what so she doesn't feel like she wasted her time, but I don't understand what her definition of it is?

Eric seems like a great guy but I think Rachel would get bored with him as he is not on the same intellectual level.

That leaves Bryan who I don't care for.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 21
(edited)
51 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I like Peter's honesty. I think Rachel has a weird idea of what an engagement is. To me, engagement isn't something you do lightly, in agreement with Peter there. It's almost as if she just has to have the STATUS of being engaged, not actually someone she will marry. I hope she gets her head out of her ass and realizes he is more serious about this than anyone else.

Rachel has a contract to fulfill and does not want to be the one who leaves without a proposal. She feels as if that will make her look foolish. Since she did not see the entire edit, she didn't realize that she had looked foolish long before that. 

Fun fact- Weeks ago on a local morning show one of her friends was interviewed (not the two shown, all Black women) and she stated  that she styled Rachel's hair and makeup for the dates at her parent's "house."  Did anyone notice a difference? 

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 7

Eeh, Peter seems like the type of guy who lives with a girl for six years before finally proposing.  He asked her mom for permission to date her. . . . not even continue the relationship or anything else but calling it dating seems like he's got issues with commitment.

I'm loving Eric right now though.  I want him as the next Bachelor.  Peter is turning me off, Brian's mother would want to come on all the dates. . .

Just now, catrice2 said:

Fun fact- Weeks ago on a local morning show one of her friends was interviewed (not the two shown, all Black women) and she stated she styled Rachel's hair and makeup for the dates at her parent's "house."  Did anyone notice a difference? 

Her eyelashes weren't as absurd when she was at the parents "house"

• Love 9

Rachel's sister's husband looks like an an actor who recently was on Shameless (the brother who had an accident and has a brain injury and is with Deb).

37 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Who was the white woman with Rachel's family?

I think that was her aunt who is married to the uncle who is a surgeon.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Rachel's father wasn't in the room. Just like with her HTD on Nick's season, her father did not appear on camera.

No they didn't because at this late stage of the season, they're actually doing a stupid To Be Continued. And to make it worse, unlike last season, where they broke up the FSD episodes into two separate hours and showed the second hour and the Final 3 rose ceremony before the Women Tell All, these fools are actually dragging this shit into the Finale. So yeah, we won't know who is the Final 3 much less Final 2 and Final 1 until the finale. 

THANK YOU. As many times as this show has done their stupid "cliffhangers," I really didn't think they would do it in the damn finale! At least I know I'm not going crazy... 

11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Ok, I missed the first couple minutes of the "meet the family" show, so who was that guy then?  He did have a five head so that's why I thought he was her father.

11 minutes ago, meatball77 said:

Her eyelashes weren't as absurd when she was at the parents "house"

So that wasn't their house?  Damn.  I was occupied doing other stuff so I missed more than I thought.

I think Peter is auditioning at the moment but I am fine with it. He is hawt and makes my hands sweat. Lolol

i laughed at everyone mentioning how insincere Brian was then all of a sudden all is coolio. Like what happened in the middle? 

Eric seems like a child compared to the other two. 

• Love 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Ok, I missed the first couple minutes of the "meet the family" show, so who was that guy then?  He did have a five head so that's why I thought he was her father.

I think he was an uncle. 

There is nothing really wrong with what Peter is saying regarding the timing of the show and the process and all of that (though we'll ignore that he willingly signed up for it knowing that this was the process). For me it's not what he's saying but how he's saying it. I am truly baffled by the Peter exhaultation I see online and the Peter/Rachel love because I just see so much coldness from him regarding her. I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point but no one will ever convince me that this guy is into Rachel and that's the issue here.

It's not that he doesn't feel ready to propose after two months of her dating other people while dating him but that he doesn't even seem like he's interested in being with her at all. Everything about his body language around her is so off. Does anyone realize how every time those two are on a couch, Peter is facing forward, while Rachel is the one sideways, body fully turned towards him? And he just tilts his head sideways to speak to her. Rachel is sitting there looking upset after what Peter says and all he can muster is some barely there stroking of her shoulder. Like WTH? And I'm seeing all this, "pick Peter even if he isn't ready to propose because all that matters is who you love, etc." and like dude, HE'S NOT INTO HER.

That said, Rachel was already in love with Bryan. That date with her family had shades of Ashley's season and when J.P. met her sister. I remember how angry and upset Ashley was over her sister not liking J.P. at all which was a total giveaway that he was the one she wanted. Rachel went into full attack mode on her family, including her own mother, for the way they were treating Bryan. I'm sorry, you don't have that kind of reaction to your family who you love and are very close to over some guy you're not really into. And her mother even called it out a bit by pointing out how she could tell how deeply Rachel felt for Bryan based on her reaction. I admit I cracked up when Rachel looked like she was this close to telling the brother in law to just shut it and that he had no say. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That said, Rachel was already in love with Bryan. That date with her family had shades of Ashley's season and when J.P. met her sister. I remember how angry and upset Ashley was over her sister not liking J.P. at all which was a total giveaway that he was the one she wanted. Rachel wanted full attack mode on her family, including her own mother. I'm sorry, you don't have that kind of reaction to your family who you really love and are very close to over some guy you're not really into. And her mother even called it out a bit by pointing out how she could tell how deeply Rachel felt for Bryan based on her reaction. I admit I cracked up when she looked like she was this close to telling the brother in law to just shut it and that he had no say. 

I said the same thing about Ashley.....it was exactly the same! Hey, maybe it will all turn out as good for Rachel as it did for Ashley. JP is a gem.

• Love 4

Hmm.  I never really noticed Peter's speech patterns until now.  He's extremely formal. I don't know how to describe it.  It's very monotone, kind of nerdy.  Maybe that's why he's never much made it for me.  I'm a Dean girl.

I'm guessing that Rachel wants Bryan and Peter pretending he doesn't want to get married is his whole audition for The Bachelor, but who knows.  I don't want to be spoiled.  I'm enjoying the ride.

The Lindsay Family's reaction to Bryan was everything.  It was hysterical.

• Love 6

Rachel sounds so pathetic about being engaged . She is begging the crap ? out of him to just say ok fine Rachel I'll propose . Girl pick your dignity up off the ground and stop trying every way possible to get these guys to say I love you or that they are going to propose to you at the end of this . I agree with the poster that wrote that it's not what he's saying that's wrong , but it's how he's saying it that it's just clear that he's not into her . For some reason she thinks being engaged just means flashing her gaudy ring on a magazine cover followed by an inevitable break up .. Peter was trying to explain that he only wanted to get engaged once so he wants to continue dating her with the expectation that it'll turn into marriage and she's like marriage ? Being engaged doesn't mean you get married ... excuse me but what ? Lol 

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Hmm.  I never really noticed Peter's speech patterns until now.  He's extremely formal. I don't know how to describe it.  It's very monotone, kind of nerdy.  Maybe that's why he's never much made it for me.  I'm a Dean girl.

I'm guessing that Rachel wants Bryan and Peter pretending he doesn't want to get married is his whole audition for The Bachelor, but who knows.  I don't want to be spoiled.  I'm enjoying the ride.

The Lindsay Family's reaction to Bryan was everything.  It was hysterical.

Careful...I got in trouble for talking about Peter's speech.....but it is distracting.   Surprised you could understand Dean because he talks through his smile and his teeth stay in place....also very distracting! 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Rachel sounds so pathetic about being engaged . She is begging the crap ? out of him to just say ok fine Rachel I'll propose . Girl pick your dignity up off the ground and stop trying every way possible to get these guys to say I love you or that they are going to propose to you at the end of this .

Also I noticed with Eric she was the one initiating the kisses, her saying "come here" to him a couple times. She is bound and determined to get the guys to commit.

• Love 2
(edited)
39 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think he was an uncle. 

There is nothing really wrong with what Peter is saying regarding the timing of the show and the process and all of that (though we'll ignore that he willingly signed up for it knowing that this was the process). For me it's not what he's saying but how he's saying it. I am truly baffled by the Peter exhaultation I see online and the Peter/Rachel love because I just see so much coldness from him regarding her. I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point but no one will ever convince me that this guy is into Rachel and that's the issue here.

It's not that he doesn't feel ready to propose after two months of her dating other people while dating him but that he doesn't even seem like he's interested in being with her at all. Everything about his body language around her is so off. Does anyone realize how every time those two are on a couch, Peter is facing forward, while Rachel is the one sideways, body fully turned towards him? And he just tilts his head sideways to speak to her. Rachel is sitting there looking upset after what Peter says and all he can muster is some barely there stroking of her shoulder. Like WTH? And I'm seeing all this, "pick Peter even if he isn't ready to propose because all that matters is who you love, etc." and like dude, HE'S NOT INTO HER.

That said, Rachel was already in love with Bryan. That date with her family had shades of Ashley's season and when J.P. met her sister. I remember how angry and upset Ashley was over her sister not liking J.P. at all which was a total giveaway that he was the one she wanted. Rachel went into full attack mode on her family, including her own mother, for the way they were treating Bryan. I'm sorry, you don't have that kind of reaction to your family who you love and are very close to over some guy you're not really into. And her mother even called it out a bit by pointing out how she could tell how deeply Rachel felt for Bryan based on her reaction. I admit I cracked up when Rachel looked like she was this close to telling the brother in law to just shut it and that he had no say. 

Amen. Peter has the personality of a wet noodle. He has the same facial expression whether he's talking about hating Bryan or telling Rachel he's falling in love with her. At this point I'm not convinced he likes women. Or men. Or relationships. Or dates. 

Looks like it will be Bryan. Eric is sweet and he gives me the vibe that he would be a passionate lover. However, she just isn't into him. But if she sampled that, good for her!

So do we not see anymore fantasy suites? I'm confused.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Also I noticed with Eric she was the one initiating the kisses, her saying "come here" to him a couple times. She is bound and determined to get the guys to commit.

That's part of the lead's job...to coax the people you already know you are not choosing into professing their undying love for you  and humbling themselves so that you can have a dramatic break up......at least she realized Dean was wayyyy too fragile for that and spared him the pretense. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yes, and she is in the bubble and can't see his disinterest. And what was with that comment to Bryan about not even wanting to be in the same room with him? It wasn't exactly kind. I hope that if Peter doesn't win he is not the Bachelor, but I have the feeling that he'd get it. He's just a cold fish. 

6 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

For some reason she thinks being engaged just means flashing her gaudy ring on a magazine cover followed by an inevitable break up

Well, yeah. She doesn't want to be THE Bachelorette that doesn't get the happy ending ... she may be okay with the engagement ending if it doesn't work out, as long as they give it a shot. 

Now the real question of the night: was that Rachel's home? Because that's not where they went on Nick's season. Or, did they pick a fake house to enter and exit from?

• Love 4

Well not everyone is Emily Maynard.  I've been in the presence of blonde women where the men around us absolutely lost their minds and became different people.  Rachel is Rachel. She is breaking ground and it's a very interesting season, to me.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Rachel is Rachel. She is breaking ground and it's a very interesting season, to me.

Like I said Rachel is great, my problem is I feel sometimes she is begging too much (except for Bryan) the men to say they will propose at the end.

• Love 9

So, having been in love and having several  past long-term relationships is prerequisite for being in love "for real" and getting married? It's like they think it's suspicious of one's ability to have a serious relationship if they haven't had several before. Very strange standard they were harping on. That would rule out a lot of great relationships if it were a requirement!  

The BIL getting into it with Rachel about her reaction to her mom's questions...geez, shut up, guy!  She wanted to smack him. 

I like Eric best as and feel he's the most sincere and "there for the right reasons", but sadly, I don't think they have enough in common. I don't see her having much in common with Bryan, either, and peter is just too solemn for her exuberance. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Well not everyone is Emily Maynard.  I've been in the presence of blonde women where the men around us absolutely lost their minds and became different people.  Rachel is Rachel. She is breaking ground and it's a very interesting season, to me.

I just googled her and...meh. But yeah, the blonde thing seems to make average women ten times hotter to a certain demographic. I don't understand it. 

• Love 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Now the real question of the night: was that Rachel's home? Because that's not where they went on Nick's season. Or, did they pick a fake house to enter and exit from?

I think last season someone commented that a federal judge's address is not supposed to be made public, hence both last season's and this season's Dallas houses weren't Rachel's family home.

Was anyone else stunned to hear that Peter's parents married after knowing each other for a month and have been happily married since? Seems like he would be more into taking risks and "leaps of faith" relationship-wise, if he sees his parents' relationship as a positive example. Not that I think he should propose to Rachel if he's not sure she's the one, but he seems like he would be huge commitment-phobe with any woman.

I noticed that Rachel was wearing the same onesie PJs in her "morning after" scene with Eric that she wore after her overnight date with Nick last season. Is it just me, or is that the unsexiest sleepwear ever made? Perhaps it's to show us that she didn't have sex with Eric (or Nick), but I can't say for sure, since we haven't yet seen what she wore the mornings after Peter's and Bryan's dates.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8

I still like Peter and think he has a funny and cool type personality. I think he does really like Rachel but doesn't want to propose after three or four dates. Yes, he went on group dates, but the quality one on one time is very limited. Eric seems like a sweet guy and I wish Rachel wouldn't have encouraged him to say he loves her. All the leads do it but it has to be hurful when they don't reciprocate. Bryan just leaves me cold; I don't know if he is a bad guy, he just is there for me. I personally can see more of Peter's personality than Bryan's. 

It seems crazy to me that Rachel would rather marry someone she isn't in love with than continue to date and maybe marry someone she is in love with. Peter is really the only one I see her in love with. I think she really likes Bryan and likes him saying he wants to marry her tomorrow, but she would drop him in a minute for Peter. I have liked Rachel all along but this episode she seemed very me, me, me. I wish she would give Peter a chance, I think they could be happy together. I assume she will pick Bryan, and they will break up very shortly afterward. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Like I said Rachel is great, my problem is I feel sometimes she is begging too much (except for Bryan) the men to say they will propose at the end.

I agree and I don't have much faith in who ever she picks lasting because of this. It doesn't seem really about finding real love/real connections (ie Jordan/JoJo or Shawn/Kait) but really getting a proposal as the priority.

• Love 7

I am confused. Is the issue with Peter that she is afraid he WON'T propose to her because he believes that means marriage or that she doesn't want to be obligated to marriage when he does propose?

• Love 3

Okay, coitus next week.  That is all I am in for at this point.  Well that is not totally true, I am in for that every season.  Mom does NOT like Eric or Bryan nor does sister Constance.  Good judgement.  Rachael's defense of Bryan paired with the watch tells me the end of this story.  NEXT!   

• Love 10
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

What I got out of this episode was that I'd like to book a trip to Rioja, Spain.

Rachel gets to the end of the show and she shouldn't choose any of these 3.  Nice job.

1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

What I got out of this episode was that I'd like to book a trip to Rioja, Spain.

Rachel gets to the end of the show and she shouldn't choose any of these 3.  Nice job.

Why oh why can't I have this ending after suffering through this season?  WHY???!!!!!!! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Refresh said:

Peter said "fake cheeks" in reference to Miami aka Bryan. He knows! If that's not confirmation of his cheek implants I don't know what is.

That is hilarious, I wondered too if he was throwing shade at Bryan. 

• Love 7

I don't know why Peter or Eric should continue opening up and telling her she is the one or whatever when she has made it very clear that she has already picked Bryan. She has picked him up for every date and now is wearing the matching watches with Bryan in front of Peter and Eric and showing it off, like seriously? Her defending Bryan to her family was telling. That's why her conversation with Peter at the end had me confused considering she has told him and Eric in not many words that she has picked Bryan. 

• Love 13
(edited)
11 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I think Rachel's great but what made Emily's season (IMHO) interesting is that she had the guys chasing her, like her or not.

Except for the one who wasn't chasing her is who she ended up picking in the end. I am always amused when Emily's season is brought up as a symbol of this goddess the men all flocked over because it's like people just completely forgot how much she had to chase Jef in the first few episodes, how he didn't even kiss her until like the fifth episode or something, even when at one point she was giving him, "please kiss me" eyes. It's why Arie fans were even more pissed when she picked Jef over him because Arie, much like Bryan, was all in right from the start. 

It seems crazy to me that Rachel would rather marry someone she isn't in love with than continue to date and maybe marry someone she is in love with. Peter is really the only one I see her in love with. I think she really likes Bryan and likes him saying he wants to marry her tomorrow, but she would drop him in a minute for Peter. 

It's funny how the editing on this show can make us all see different things. It's clear the above opinion is exactly what's going to be the opinion on social media, come the finale, if Rachel picks Bryan. That is, "well he was all in and Peter wasn't so she went with him". YMMV but imo, while the editing has certainly tried to lean that way because they always have to create some suspense, I don't buy it. Like I've said, I do believe at the start of the season, Rachel was into both Bryan and Peter. I don't think this was a season where the lead knew who they wanted from the start.

However, while her relationship with Bryan progressed, things with Peter stalled. I know people will say, "well why keep him", well because again, I do think she genuinely liked him after their first one on one and was attracted to him and was probably intrigued by the challenge. But at this point I think it is becoming clear to Rachel that there's nothing really there. There are a lot of things Rachel has said about her feelings for Bryan, said about their relationship, their physical interactions, etc. that make her feelings clear for him. But the edit has made this "Peter's journey of not opening up and letting his walls down" in preparation his Bachelor role next season, and so it makes it seem like that was Rachel's sole focus and she was so desperate for his love.

I don't buy it but YMMV. I think her ego didn't like the fact that he was all but whatever about her, not to mention that at times he sent mixed signals which probably confused her more. He's all, "I don't know that I can propose, that I can be there, I just really like you" yet two seconds before going in to meet her family, suddenly he's falling in love with her. And Rachel's expression was like, "say what now?" Because she clearly wasn't expecting that since he's been so the anti-thesis of that to that point. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I thought that Jef and Emily broke up because she was texting some athlete she had slept with?

I was an Arie fan, probably why I enjoyed her season. 

Well yeah, that's the rumor of why they broke up but not sure what that has to do with my point regarding the season. 

• Love 1