Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: More Rattled!

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, SnarkKitty said:

Every time I see Mariah and then her mother there's such a disconnect for me. Mariah is so chola, and her mother so ... not. 

HA - THAT LINK IS EVERYTHING

• Love 2

So . . . triplet mom is just so, so concerned about flu season and people being around the babies. 

But apparently not worried enough to not invite an entire crew into the house in order to get that cutesy newborn photo shoot in for social media!  

Oh, wait! The photographer has to wear a mask!  This lady is so ridiculous.  Drop the pretense and fakery already.  Getting those social media mandated pics were your one and only priority at that moment.  If she was really and truly worried about flu season and those babies, there wouldn't have been a photo shoot.  Or a crew of people filming a reality show.  Were they all wearing masks too?

Oh!  And they have to go to the doctor's office too! And they already have a reputation for being late, but oh well!  MUST.  GET. PICS.

There is just something so disingenuous about them.

Team Raymond.  Mariah grates.  She doesn't want to listen to him at all.  It's okay Raymond.   You can still be a father and not live and be with Mariah.  She and her mother can't keep him from you.  He's just as much yours as hers.  

Autumn and Matt's little Chole is beautiful.  Although she looks eerily like Mars and Doug's Sophie from Seasons 1 and 2.

• Love 6

I’m not sure where Matt is getting his information regarding going active duty from.  Since he is a recruiter I assume he is not telling the truth?

As a single person he does not get any benefits for his girlfriend and his children regarding travel and living expenses.

Deployments are 6+ months out and a year home followed by another deployment and time at home base.

Yes, he gets days off at port cities (he mentioned Greece) but there are duties that must be preformed while at port.

All costs associated with following the Active Duty Member are self paid. The military takes no responsibility for anyone visiting/following. 

Former Active Duty Naval Officer’s Spouse here. 

• Love 2

Autumn makes me so sad. She wants her marriage to work but Matt doesn’t. The baby is adorable but I get so anxious seeing how cramped that boat is and what are they going to do when Chloe starts crawling. Matt seems like a good dad so I don’t think moving to Las Vegas with the mom is the answer. Sell the boat and get an apartment. 

I get Mariah’s Mothers concern about Raymond. He’s lazy, doesn’t even work full time. On the other hand the mom should leave them alone and let them figure out things for themselves. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, KBrownie said:

So . . . triplet mom is just so, so concerned about flu season and people being around the babies. 

But apparently not worried enough to not invite an entire crew into the house in order to get that cutesy newborn photo shoot in for social media!  

Oh, wait! The photographer has to wear a mask!  This lady is so ridiculous.  Drop the pretense and fakery already.  Getting those social media mandated pics were your one and only priority at that moment.  If she was really and truly worried about flu season and those babies, there wouldn't have been a photo shoot.  Or a crew of people filming a reality show.  Were they all wearing masks too?

Oh!  And they have to go to the doctor's office too! And they already have a reputation for being late, but oh well!  MUST.  GET. PICS.

There is just something so disingenuous about them.

Team Raymond.  Mariah grates.  She doesn't want to listen to him at all.  It's okay Raymond.   You can still be a father and not live and be with Mariah.  She and her mother can't keep him from you.  He's just as much yours as hers.  

Autumn and Matt's little Chole is beautiful.  Although she looks eerily like Mars and Doug's Sophie from Seasons 1 and 2.

Triplet parents can take several seats. They're almost as bad as the quad parents. They're so stressed and anxious, but god dammit, they're going to get that newborn, Anne Geddes knockoff photo shoot! Talk about priorities. They won't risk flu for their family and friends. But Instagram is a harsh mistress. And Momma cries over hiring a nanny, then gleefully hits the gym.

They have a reputation for being late? Huh. If their pediatric practice is anything like mine was, they will be cured of that with a quickness. One minute late at my place and they cancelled your ass, and you had to reschedule. Tough love. My husband, who labors under the delusion that time stops, or possibly even goes backwards when you are trying to get someplace, learned that the hard way.

And seriously? "Wah, how do we manage with three babies? How do you get them in the car?" Sheesh. You're not splitting the atom here. One of you takes one, one of you takes two. Place the car seats on the front porch. Load babies in car. Done.

I am all Raymond, all the time. I don't care if he's foolish and has trouble keeping a job. He'll grow up. Mariah and her mother never let up on the poor guy. Mariah is just poised to jump dead in his shit and shoot those hurtful remarks like arrows.

Jamie Lynn and gym rat Matt are full of shit too. Girl, you knew he was in the military. Whinging about how you all have to stay together makes you sound spoiled and selfish. Thousands of families deal with deployments and learn to cope just fine. What makes you so damn special?

3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Autumn makes me so sad. She wants her marriage to work but Matt doesn’t. The baby is adorable but I get so anxious seeing how cramped that boat is and what are they going to do when Chloe starts crawling. Matt seems like a good dad so I don’t think moving to Las Vegas with the mom is the answer. Sell the boat and get an apartment. 

That boat will be a death trap for that baby once she's mobile. I agree, sell the boat. Get an apartment. Why is this simple solution so difficult for these numbskulls?

Autumn is really pretty--she has a fresh, outdoorsy look that's really attractive and the camera loves her. I suspect she's a model/actress.

• Love 5

Love all of the comments but I'm just over here stuck on how NO ONE in Mariah's circle has told her that her make up is horrible!!! I can't even pay attention to what is being said because I am too distracted with the 10 tons of make up that she has so poorly applied. 

• Love 13

Her makeup is dreadful. Between her garish makeup and grating, rake across a chalkboard speaking voice, I would find it exceedingly difficult to be around her for more that a couple of minutes.

Every last one of these babes can miss me with the whining about how haaaarrrrrrd it is to take care of their babies. If you have time to apply false eyelashes and spackle on highlight, go to the gym, have photo shoots, and go out for coffee, you are not struggling. Yes, its a tad overwhelming at first, because you don't know what you're doing. But usually things settle down in a few weeks, you find your rhythm, and its normal life. None of these couples seem to have babies that are sickly, colicky, or even especially fussy. Maybe I had an especially easy baby, but once he was home for a few weeks things fell into a pattern and it didn't require NASA engineers to organize. Once the 3 AM feeds ended at about the 3 month mark, it was smooth sailing. My house was clean, I showered daily, laundry was done. I went back to work at six months and didn't cry or freak out because he went to a carer for the day. I just don't understand why everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill. Mariah's mother talking about how horrible and difficult it was going to be for her when she went back to work, I'm all WTF? so she has to pack some diapers and drive across town to drop the baby at day care? Huh? Thousands of women do this each and every day!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Autumn makes me so sad. She wants her marriage to work but Matt doesn’t. The baby is adorable but I get so anxious seeing how cramped that boat is and what are they going to do when Chloe starts crawling. Matt seems like a good dad so I don’t think moving to Las Vegas with the mom is the answer. Sell the boat and get an apartment

I'm hoping the season ends with them getting an apartment together (maybe the one they're already living in if the boat story line is fake).

Speaking of fake - yes the triplet parents are the new quad parents, & just as obnoxious in their fakery.

The rest of them I guess what else are they going to do but freak out & complain about everything? That's what this show is for I guess, & for all of them to make a few bucks. It seems that's what these shows think we all want to see - fakery & whining.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Autumn is really pretty--she has a fresh, outdoorsy look that's really attractive and the camera loves her. I suspect she's a model/actress.

I agree with you about Amber.  She's very naturally pretty.  But I've noticed she has a HUGE mouth, and only ever eats HUGE bites of food.  I noticed it in the scene with her friend on the dock.  She was eating melon and put a chunk the size of the Titanic in her mouth.  I was honestly amazed.  Noticed it a few more times since.  Once you see it you cannot unsee it.

Mariah and her mom are annoying AF for so many reasons. First, I need mom to go get laid ASAP. Maybe if she got some regular pipe, she’d mind her own damn business. And Mariah is a whiny brat who she created. You can’t be too overwhelmed if you have time to spackle cinnamon all over your face, and draw on the dreadful lip liner.  I hate people who constantly threaten divorce/ break ups. It’s a lame ass jedi mind trick to manipulate the situation, and it’s childish.  If you want to stay home forever then do so, but don’t be surprised when Raymond bolts.  The guy may be somewhat lazy job-wise, which is not cool by the way, but he seems to want to be an involved parent.  Just because he lives in your mom’s house, doesn’t mean she gets to dictate the care of his child like he isn’t there.  Poor guy can’t catch a break, but that's what you get for having a baby with someone you didn’t know.  And that goes for both of them. 

I also hated how she kept mentioning that she made more money.  I make more in my relationship too, as I have far more education, and I wish he made more, but I won’t discout his contributions. Why don’t you just cut off Raymond’s balls and keep up upstairs with all your hideous make up Mariah? It would be faster.  And if you can afford a C-Class and a Louis, you should be able to afford a nanny. She acts like she’s not a stylist with considerable control over her schedule.  Heiffer please ?

Autumn needs to just let.it.go. Her mom is so over the drama she can’t even contain it anymore.  I never understood why they didn’t get an apartment instead of a boat.  What are they going to do when the baby doesn’t sleep 22 hours a day? Where will they put her with no room for baby gear?  Dude is never going to be the husband/father you want because he’s wimpy and immature, so just go back to Vegas woth mom where you really will have help. 

Triplet mom doesn’t bother me as much.  She seems somewhat wt happy-go-lucky, but I can’t imagine what three miscarriages does to a woman’s mind.  For that, it’s hard to judge her.  I’m not sure how she thought she’d take care of three infants without a nanny or daycare though?  

Jamielynn is annoying.  I get she loves Alexa, but Alexa has a mom, and you’re not her stepmom.  She wants to take on all the parenting responsibilities for Alexa, then complain she’s overwhelmed.  Whatever.  And I don’t believe Matt’s version of his marriage dissolving, but I do think he came home to an empty apartment. Probably for the exact reasons hsi ex-wife said, not doing his part. He’s a self-absorbed jerk.  

• Love 5

I think Mariah belongs on "Unexpected" with the dim teens, rather than this show.  She is a grown woman with a good career, yet she carelessly got pregnant with a guy she barely knew, lives with her mom so she has in-home help- (not taking responsibility for her own family she's making) & then expects her bf to stay with her in their basement catering to their needs, but allowing them to make all the rules, all while she whines about how tough she has it. Yes Raymond needs to work, but she really needs to grow up.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5

I was little more sympathetic to Raymond until the last couple of episodes when I realized he is a complete loser who is not WORKING. Go get a damn job....you have a kid to raise. It sounds like Mariah has worked like a horse and has savings and he wants her to use her savings to move them out to an apartment (while he continues to do nothing or find himself I guess). HELL NO. That's why her mom asked him if he was ready to work if they moved out. He wants it to all be on Mariah's dime. Also sounds like he does not help around the house which is frustrating to Mariah and her mom. He said he cleans up after himself and his son and that's all he should do. Uh, if someone else is letting you live in their house rent free you should be asking if you could mow their lawn, got any dishes that need washed? He is LAZY.

Matt is a complete loser but Jamielynn got what she wanted. I remember in the first episode she bragged about how she fell for him because he was so muscular, had a big truck, and was going to take care of his WOMAN or something ridiculous. Yep, he's an alpha male. And guess what, those kind of guys want submissive women in very traditional roles so they can do very little child care/housekeeping. Bed made, lie in it. If he's military, any dependents (whether he is married to mother or not) would be covered under his Tricare insurance so I think he's telling the truth about that. Sounds like he realizes he needs to put a ring on it; he'd be a fool not to. I hope most of their interactions are scripted for the show and he's not as huge a douche as he comes across.

Autumn is sad to watch. She's too young to realize that you can't just WILL someone to want you. She'll figure it out. And yes, they have to get off that damn boat. That was such a stupid idea.

The triplets are ok. I get the feeling they are kind of replacing that family from LA. The LA family is boring. Their struggles are over. They have toddler twins basically and an older child. That's kind of it. They are also ALWAYS shilling their books/appearances, etc. I'm over it. I like the triplets dad and I think it's interesting that he always seems to know how to calm the babies (I think he needs a pacifier, she needs to eat now), when his wife is all over the place and acting nutty. I think he didn't realize she would be such a scattered mother and he is coming to that sad conclusion now. She would drive me crazy to live with. I thought she meant she had PTSD because of the miscarriages, not the bed rest when she was pregnant? Anyway, I'm sure that was very traumatizing. I think she's just someone that has ALWAYS been taken care of completely (by her dad and then her very nurturing husband when she married young) and is now shocked she's at the stage of her life when it's all about the kids, not you. She's still trying to hold onto the spotlight. Personally I would love a husband like hers.

• Love 3

Finally watched this & here comes some attitude...

Raymond - "I don't like to work" but he does want to live on his own & make more money than his baby mama - is just ridiculous. He sounds like he wants to see his son once in a while but dump Mariah & her mom.

Yes Jamielynn got what she wanted & now has to deal with Matt who she will no doubt marry, think she's tough & keeps him in line but will actually live as a doormat unhappily ever after, or until the inevitable divorce.

Autumn wants her marriage back but her Matt says the romance part is over. He'll be gone - again - after the baby fascination is over. Time to move on, Autumn & if mom is offering she'll have the help she needs to make a new life for herself & her daughter - & she'll be off that awful boat...  bring the dog too.

But then this show has played the audience before & all, or much, of this drama could just be crap; it's more apparent in the endings so we'll see.

I'm done with triplet couple; the mom sounds medicated & her fake crying gets on my last nerve. She's got the babies she wanted, a very supportive husband, can afford a nanny, & has a good career at her father's church (job security there), so she should calm down & STFU.  Life is hard, but she's got many blessings - enjoy them  - quietly.

Don't want to see the LA couple anymore either as all their story lines are also obviously contrived & pushing their motivational speaking, books, or whatever else they are set to do to share their blessings with the world - it's all marketing at this point & I'm tired of it.

The kids - everyone's - are all cute though.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2018 at 6:48 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Her makeup is dreadful. Between her garish makeup and grating, rake across a chalkboard speaking voice, I would find it exceedingly difficult to be around her for more that a couple of minutes.

Every last one of these babes can miss me with the whining about how haaaarrrrrrd it is to take care of their babies. If you have time to apply false eyelashes and spackle on highlight, go to the gym, have photo shoots, and go out for coffee, you are not struggling. Yes, its a tad overwhelming at first, because you don't know what you're doing. But usually things settle down in a few weeks, you find your rhythm, and its normal life. None of these couples seem to have babies that are sickly, colicky, or even especially fussy. Maybe I had an especially easy baby, but once he was home for a few weeks things fell into a pattern and it didn't require NASA engineers to organize. Once the 3 AM feeds ended at about the 3 month mark, it was smooth sailing. My house was clean, I showered daily, laundry was done. I went back to work at six months and didn't cry or freak out because he went to a carer for the day. I just don't understand why everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill. Mariah's mother talking about how horrible and difficult it was going to be for her when she went back to work, I'm all WTF? so she has to pack some diapers and drive across town to drop the baby at day care? Huh? Thousands of women do this each and every day!

The wide white line under her eyes and on her cheekbones! Yikes. I keep thinking, "why hasn't anyone in the production crew said anything to her?"  And wearing that much make-up all.the.time gives away how insecure she is about her looks...she feels she's gotta cover it up...

• Love 1

So I follow Jamie on Instagram and her and Matt are currently married, so that ship sailed long before the show aired...she also basically admitted the whole arguement was fake. 

Mariahs mom on tonight’s episode pissed me off, obviously the baby doesn’t need a hat if they are comfortable in summer attire. Over dressing a baby can lead to over heating in a baby, and it’s FAR from child endangerment to leave the hat out during spring/summer

autumns husband always seems so boring and emotionless to me. He needs to tell her straight up he doesn’t want this marriage to work and just file for divorce already. 

The triplet mom said “some people isolate preemies for yo to two years” like you would really not celebrate the next two years of first birthdays, holidays, etc. because you’re isolating them from germs? They’ll end up having no immune system if they aren’t around other kids eventually! 

• Love 5

I really dislike the triplets' mother.  She seems far too aware of the cameras and acts almost as though she is reading from a script.  And she has a real ugly cry face.  She often wipes under her eyes with one finger but we can clearly see that her eyes are dry and there is no need to wipe away invisible tears.  I don't care one way or the other about the triplets' dad.  He seems to have no personality at all.

• Love 4

Triplet mother is driving me around the bend. "the triplets are 4 months old, 2 months adjusted". I know that's a thing but seriously? When they're 10 she's still going to be "well, they're preemies you know!" She's keeping them "isolated"?? They certainly don't look delicate. No one is on a feeding tube or oxygen or needs any special cares. If they did, I'm sure she'd never shut up about it. The first time one of them gets a runny nose she'll have a goddamn nervous breakdown. She seems to be what used to be called "high strung". There's a certain hectic edge to her constant smiling. 

Loved the shots of her at work, with her bible open next to her keyboard. We get it. You're godly. 

Mariah's mother can miss me. She is a self centered controlling busybody. Its solidly none of her business if the baby wears a hat or not! And she's one of those people who passive aggressively uses the baby as some kind of ventriloquists dummy to say stuff to the parents. I hate that. Mariah is spoiled. If I was Raymond I would run just because Mariah's whiny speaking voice makes me want to jab a fork into my ear.  

Josh is going to do a painting project, with three little kids underfoot? Sure he is. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, VannaHelloxxoo said:

The triplet mom said “some people isolate preemies for yo to two years” like you would really not celebrate the next two years of first birthdays, holidays, etc. because you’re isolating them from germs? They’ll end up having no immune system if they aren’t around other kids eventually! 

Right? She is going to have the world's sickest preschoolers if she really subscribes to this nonsense. I can understand keeping them at home at first, and maybe for a tad bit longer. But I sure hope they're taking them for walks or to hang out in the backyard or something at the very least! Everyone needs fresh air and a little sunshine. And notice they went from 2 months adjusted to 6 weeks adjusted in the space of a few hours. 

Honestly, I think she has a raging case of PPD and needs some professional care. I'm not going to dog on her mood swings too much because she doesn't seem to be in control (though the non-existent tears are annoying AF). Not everyone can bounce right back and be normal, sane women after all of that, and that's okay. But I hope if that carried on someone urged her into a seeing a real medical professional that isn't employed at her church. 

• Love 3

Hopefully Autumn's husband isn't leading her on with that 3*. He had said the romantic relationship was dead, now even though that hurt her he's saying there's hope, so which is the truth for him? She's better off being able to move on; leading her on even a little is cruel.

Mariah's mom is over the top - geesh. She was lecturing them like they were children. They don't seem to be putting the baby in any kind of danger so she should calm it down. I don't know about Mariah's plan to have Raymond be a SAHD though. He's not really into working but he's not into saying home with the baby either. Wonder what he actually is into...

I was waiting for the LA father to admit he had a painter come in & do the wall, or had someone take the girls while he did it, but no, he did that whole wall with 3 small children involved - yeah, okay. That was pretty insulting to viewers IMO.

• Love 3
(edited)

They had to find a way to do a Sherwin Williams product placement. No doubt they are in search of a sponsorship deal. Their whole segment was an ad. Picking the color, showing the app, going to the paint store. Sheesh. 

My son was a preemie--(he's 295 months, 293.5 adjusted now). When we took him home, the nurses said "treat him like a normal baby". And he'd had major abdominal surgery at 4 weeks old (-1 week adjusted)! We had to give him iron for few days, that was it. Oh, and we had a visiting nurse for three weeks, since he came directly home from the NICU. I kept him home for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, but mostly because I was trying to get accustomed to the new normal and understand his schedule. After that we went everywhere. Triplet mom needs to switch to decaf, she is wound up way too tight. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They had to find a way to do a Sherwin Williams product placement. No doubt they are in search of a sponsorship deal. Their whole segment was an ad. Picking the color, showing the app, going to the paint store. Sheesh. 

Ahh, makes sense now. It was so fake I FF'd past the whole thing so missed all that.

Edited by gonecrackers
17 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It was like those shameless Wayfair or Zillow plugs when you watch HGTV.  I’m a SWP girl; everyone at the local store knows me by name, but this was too much.  Say you’re painting, show the store, show them painting the room, reveal, done.  Also, with him talking about Allie’s love language ??? Maybe I’m fundied out because I’m on the Duggar forum, but give it a rest will ya.  

I will say that the girls are always dressed so cute in their outfits and sandals like my nieces did when they were young.  And I think Vera is just adorable!  

Triplet mom is a bit high strung, but I don’t know if I wouldn’t be somewhat paranoid after so many losses.  I do like that she seems to have a sense of humor and loves to laugh, so I think she’ll be okay over time.  The babies seem happy so someone is doing something right.  I’ll take her over Mariah’s constant whining anyday.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Triplet mom is a bit high strung, butI don’t know if I wouldn’t be somewhat paranoid after so many losses.

Different strokes. I had my son after a stillbirth and a miscarriage. His stay in NICU wasn't uneventful, he had surgery at 4 weeks. By the time we got him home I was so pleased to have him out of the woods and healthy that the last thing I wanted was to wrap him in cotton wool and keep him away from people! Triplet mother has three healthy babies. IMO she will be a lot happier once she realizes that she can't control everything. The day will come when someone catches cold. Do her babies have compromised immune systems or some kind of chronic condition? Just being preemies does not mean they are doomed to be sickly for life. I can see being cautious for a few weeks but seriously? She's actually considering isolating them for two years?

• Love 1

Fuck that triplet mom!  I'm gonna call bullcrap on the whole story line (aside from them having preemies).  I am a triplet mom.  I can sympathize with the best of them, but this is so contrived and the editing is RIDICULOUS.  So we are to believe that they have not left their house with their triplets in 4 months.  It is now Easter.  They have a nanny.  Those babies maybe look 2-3 months old.  BUT now its the SAME week?  And mom is off to work (boohoo poor you) and WOW those babies are now what?  5 months old? 6 months old?  Huge in those bouncer rockers, compared to the scene of Easter which was, according to them, the same week.  Please.  She is so fake, phony, whiny.   

Mariah and Raymond will never make it.

Autumn?  Girl your man is done.

Louisiana couple?  Yes looking for fame, commercial money - only way to describe them is actor/actress.

• Love 3

Triplet parents are full of shit. They just had a sequence with them loading them into the car last week! "Oh dear its so hard to figure out how to get all THREE BABIES into the car!" I agree that their whole story is fake fake fakety fake fake. And they are not likeable at all. The husband is shady to me. I suspect he'll be caught messing around with some teenage girl or be dipping into the church funds to support his prescription drug habit.

• Love 3

Back to the midnight hospital check in thing for a minute — it’s done so that insurance will pay for the “full” day. Insurance companies limit how long a maternity hospital stay can be so you want to maximize your time by starting the day at 12:01am, or as close as possible to that.

• Love 2

I cannot stand triplet Mom.  My grandaughter was a preemie, 9 weeks early and just over 2 lbs.  Thank the lord my daughter wasn’t as crazy as the fake crying triplet Mom.  Now what I don’t understand is, the mom can’t handle the triplets on her own, but the young nanny can.....not to mention, the nanny is around other people and out in public while not at their house.... germs are everywhere.  I cannot stand her fake crying, with the stupid wiping of her dry eyes.  Her big sermon to the youth girls group looked rather sparse to me.  Ugh....I can’t stand them.  You wanted three babies, so STFU.  Oh Oh, how about the triplets being two months adjusted, then hours later, 6 weeks adjusted.  I’m afraid any friends the mom had are going to run far away from her.  If triplets are too much, she could have reduced to twins.

Mariah’s mom is a complete bitch.  Did she forget she was a new mom at one time herself?  If I was Raymond, I would be gone and visit with his son on neutral territory.  He’s a fool if he marries Mariah.

Autumn, honey, it’s over.  Get yourself and your daughter away from that selfish piece of crap husband.  He would be cheating all the time.  Not to mention, his temper is scary.

Jamie, and her sourpuss face can leave as well.

Louisiana couple are just sickly sweet.  Go away with your huge, blinding white teeth.

• Love 3

Mariah's mom would be impossible for me to live with even as her daughter but Raymond is a LONG way from being a  responsible father and husband. I would get a very small and cheap apt close to my mom so she could help me and make Raymond get his own place. If he shows he can make it on his own and help with the baby, then we'll talk.

I think Jamielynn's story is one of the most interesting but it's so scripted, it's hard to watch. She's very flat when she's "acting" and it's very clear. I hear they are married now.

I can't figure out why Autumn wants to be with Matt so much. He's so emotionless. Maybe he was different before. He clearly does NOT want her. She needs to go to Vegas yesterday.

Triplets couple and LA couple need to leave the show. I FF through all their scenes (although I like the triplets dad because I think he's realizing this woman may not have been the catch he first thought. He must pray every day not to go postal on her or he's heavily medicated).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, chabang said:

Mariah's mom would be impossible for me to live with even as her daughter but Raymond is a LONG way from being a  responsible father and husband. I would get a very small and cheap apt close to my mom so she could help me and make Raymond get his own place. If he shows he can make it on his own and help with the baby, then we'll talk.

I can't figure out why Autumn wants to be with Matt so much. He's so emotionless. Maybe he was different before. He clearly does NOT want her. She needs to go to Vegas yesterday.

I get the sentiment regarding both Raymond and Matt, but the idea that their shortcomings give either Mariah or Autumn the right to take the babies away or restrict access is one I have to balk at.  Those babies are just as much Raymond's and Matt's as Mariah and Autumn's.  The fact that they don't have a job or don't want to be with the mother doesn't negate their rights as fathers.  I like and feel for Autumn, but she can't just up and take the baby to Las Vegas away from Matt because she's hurting.  lf that's her plan, then Matt better get himself to a judge to ensure he's not getting cut off from his child.  Matt may not want Autumn in a romantic way anymore, but that is not a qualification for being a father to his child.  Same with Raymond.  Being lazy and not wanting to work doesn't mean he loses his child.  Mariah and Autumn don't get to unilaterally make decisions for those children just because they are the mother.  They knew who they were procreating with and now they have to deal with it.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

I get the sentiment regarding both Raymond and Matt, but the idea that their shortcomings give either Mariah or Autumn the right to take the babies away or restrict access is one I have to balk at.  Those babies are just as much Raymond's and Matt's as Mariah and Autumn's.  The fact that they don't have a job or don't want to be with the mother doesn't negate their rights as fathers.  I like and feel for Autumn, but she can't just up and take the baby to Las Vegas away from Matt because she's hurting.  lf that's her plan, then Matt better get himself to a judge to ensure he's not getting cut off from his child.  Matt may not want Autumn in a romantic way anymore, but that is not a qualification for being a father to his child.  Same with Raymond.  Being lazy and not wanting to work doesn't mean he loses his child.  Mariah and Autumn don't get to unilaterally make decisions for those children just because they are the mother.  They knew who they were procreating with and now they have to deal with it.  

Why would Raymond "lose his child" if he lives in a different place than Mariah? They live in the same city and can easily have joint custody. Couples don't have to live together to co-parent and many don't.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, chabang said:

Why would Raymond "lose his child" if he lives in a different place than Mariah? They live in the same city and can easily have joint custody. Couples don't have to live together to co-parent and many don't.

Uh, that was kind of my whole point lol.  What about Autumn?  Your original post said she needs to go to Vegas.  Is she going to take Chloe?  That's something (Chloe going to Vegas, not Autumn) Matt has every right to veto if it means he loses access to his daughter.  And sure.  Mariah and her mother, without a court order, would be so fair when it comes to Raymond and his son.

I just don't think that Mariah or Autumn get sole decision-making powers and do whatever they want and the fathers just have to deal when it comes to these children.  It ain't like either of them have shown themselves to be such responsible people.  

• Love 1

Ugh right, but your reply lumped both men together as "losing their child" which Raymond would not so why even include him. Autumn wants to stay with Matt and should as long as he can either care for Chloe 50% of the time so Autumn can work or  pay 50% of her child care. If he can't, then she has to go where she has support to care for the child. I seriously doubt either man will be going to a judge anytime soon as they would both immediately be slapped with child support orders.

Men get 50% of all decision making in parenting as long as they provide 50% of all support.

• Love 3

catching up on season 3 now. i am a christian, but, i am with raymond.  if you can't explain why you are baptising your child then you shouldn't do it. the happiest day in my recent life was seeing my grandboys dedicated *see my pic* but i feel there should be meaning behind the ceremony and it should be up to the parents of the child, not the grandparents.  not just, i am doing it because everyone in my family has done it.

again, please forgive lack of caps as my shift key is broken. i can't even do parentheses.  

• Love 5

I am a peaceful person, but talk about rattled....this show rattles some rage vein I didn't realize I had. Why do I watch it?

I have to fast forward through Ally and Josh or I will do myself a harm.

The triplet mom talks like she is still in the 6th grade. Not the content of her conversation, of course, but her mannerisms. Ugh. I can imagine how hard it must be to have triplets and I know from my own personal experience how much it blows spending the first month (or months) with your newborn in the NICU, but she makes it so hard to feel kindness toward her.

Basically, I am just watching for Autumn and Matt at this point and they just make me sad. The dog makes me sad. The sailboat makes me sad. Autumn's giant sad eyes make me sad.

• Love 2

They are really grasping at straws to find something interesting to film with Ally and Josh. Tattoo’s? That was so boring.

That engagement fake out scene was so stupid and so obviously scripted. I know Matt and Jamielynn are already married in real time.

Autumn, just move to Vegas already, you owe your baby a better life than living in a sailboat. Dad can come and visit you there if he can find time away from hanging out with his friends.

I’m barely watching Mariah and Raymond, they make me crazy, they have no clue how to be adults. 

• Love 4

I don’t necessarily think Autumn has the right, legal or otherwise, to just take the baby and go to Vegas.  However, Matt is an immature jerk, he’s selfish, self-centered, manipulative, and is shaping up to be an uninvolved parent if daddy time interferes with hanging with his friends.  So considering all that, I think Autumn should definitely move in with her mom.  She’ll have to work to support herself, and will need some type of reliable support system.  I doubt Matt will pull his weight, and while dads do have rights, I’m all about pay for play.  If you can’t be bothered to support your child and be an involved parent, why shoud you get to make decisions?  And that goes for an domiciliary parent, whether the mom or dad.  Why should she and Chloe live on a cramped boat if she can’t afford a decent apartment, according to her, when dad probably won’t show up half the time, and seems to be making no sacrifices for his family. He’s a wimpy, weak, milquetoast little weasel, and I can’t stand him.

• Love 3

Doesn't Matt work security at a club or something like that? It seems it would be very easy to find a job like that in Vegas and there Autumn could live rent free and with free child care while she worked also. Seems like a win-win. But, wait, oh, Matt does have friends and his support system just fine where he's at. He's not even thinking about what's best for Autumn or Chloe or he would go with them....at least temporarily.

• Love 5

So...a Catholic church you've never attended actually expects you to be practicing the religion to hold a baptism for you?? How unreasonable! Said no one ever, other than Mariah's idiotic family. 

Edited by Squirrely
Finishing thought
  • Love 8

They did seem very put out that "welcoming their child into the community of God" would require some religious conviction on their parts. "You'll have to meet with the priest for TWO HOURS". But I do want to take this opportunity to express doubt that several churches turned them down because they're not married. I've attended baptisms for single parents. Catholics, what gives? Is this a real thing? I thought the point of baptism was to free the baby from original sin?

• Love 1

My parents ran into trouble tryng to christen my sister in the Catholic church because my mom was Baptist (they were married though).  It was a lot of extra steps and grief for my mom, and my sister’s godparents, which were required, had to be Catholic.  All the other kids were baptized in the Baptist church needless to say.

I could see churches saying no to unmarried parents. That’s the way it’s stated in my church’s doctrine, although I think you can still do so in a smaller ceremony.  Needless to say I don’t attend much anymore.  

The fact Mariah and her mom were dumbfounded by the requirements leads me to believe they’ve been lying about how important baptisms were in their family.  The whole point of a baptism/ christening/dedication in a church is to honor the child as a gift from God, and place said baby under God’s protection.  Why would they think that would be anything but a religious affair? She should have just had a sip and see if she just wanted to have a party.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

My parents ran into trouble tryng to christen my sister in the Catholic church because my mom was Baptist (they were married though).  It was a lot of extra steps and grief for my mom, and my sister’s godparents, which were required, had to be Catholic.

Which makes perfect sense, since, as I understand it, (I'm an unbaptized heathen myself), the role of the godparents is to guide the child's spiritual education and development. In the Catholic church that would mean that being a practicing, believing Catholic. Baptism welcomes a child into the church in Catholicism. Heathen godparents from another faith would defeat the purpose! And I can see why both parents not being Catholic would set a few roadblocks--the whole thing in the church is to produce little Catholic babies, and plenty of them. (see Birth Control, Oh No You Don't!). I can see all those things being an issue, especially for an old fashioned priest.

I just checked in with Professor Google, and found this, straight from the horse's mouth:

"Marital Status

Your marital status will be clarified during the baptismal preparation process. Baptism is not denied if the parents are unmarried or not married in the Roman Catholic Church. However, there may be reason to postpone Baptism if parents are not practicing the Faith, or have no intention of living a Catholic life in harmony with the Gospel. If your status is not in harmony with the Roman Catholic understanding of sacramental marriage, please inquire as to how we may help you enter into proper sacramental marriage or, if need be, seek a declaration of nullity by the Church."

Most of the articles I've read state that the main requirement is the expectation that the child will be raised Catholic. Actually, these pages about baptism are really interesting! 

http://www.annunciationevv.org/Guidelines-for-Baptism       

https://www.catholicherald.com/faith/your_faith/can_a_priest_refuse_to_baptize_a_child_born_out_of_wedlock_/

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Which makes perfect sense, since, as I understand it, (I'm an unbaptized heathen myself), the role of the godparents is to guide the child's spiritual education and development. In the Catholic church that would mean that being a practicing, believing Catholic. Baptism welcomes a child into the church in Catholicism. Heathen godparents from another faith would defeat the purpose! And I can see why both parents not being Catholic would set a few roadblocks--the whole thing in the church is to produce little Catholic babies, and plenty of them. (see Birth Control, Oh No You Don't!). I can see all those things being an issue, especially for an old fashioned priest.

I just checked in with Professor Google, and found this, straight from the horse's mouth:

"Marital Status

Your marital status will be clarified during the baptismal preparation process. Baptism is not denied if the parents are unmarried or not married in the Roman Catholic Church. However, there may be reason to postpone Baptism if parents are not practicing the Faith, or have no intention of living a Catholic life in harmony with the Gospel. If your status is not in harmony with the Roman Catholic understanding of sacramental marriage, please inquire as to how we may help you enter into proper sacramental marriage or, if need be, seek a declaration of nullity by the Church."

Most of the articles I've read state that the main requirement is the expectation that the child will be raised Catholic. Actually, these pages about baptism are really interesting! 

https://www.catholicherald.com/faith/your_faith/can_a_priest_refuse_to_baptize_a_child_born_out_of_wedlock_/

Mom and dad were married in the Baptist church so I guess that’s why.  I don’t blame the churches they called.  Those two assclowns wouldn’t make a mockery’s of my faith either.

On 9/6/2018 at 1:30 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

"Marital Status

I appreciate your post with this information, as I am not Catholic, but, was quite curious about the details. I always thought that getting Baptized as a infant was quite important in the Catholic faith.   I was intrigued with this scene where grandmother and daughter seemed surprised and bewildered about the requirements for Baptism.  To me, that's odd for a practicing Catholic.  I would think that if your faith means so much, that a few classes, studying, and meetings to get your child baptized would not be a chore or burden, but, rather a great opportunity to benefit yourselves and the baby.

We are free to practice any religion of our choice, but, if you are Catholic, doesn't it mean a lot to you?  I mean.....it seemed like they saw it as a bother and not a blessing. What?  The actual service they had was fine, but, it wasn't religious.  If religion is important to you, then, I would think that having a religious upbringing would be important.  To me providing your child spiritually is so important.  Their speech at the blessing service did seem touching, but, can she be Baptized later?  

• Love 2