Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: More Rattled!

Like everyone else here, I can't see why Mars even wants to be with Doug at this point. She should have moved on last year, maybe she's only staying with him for the tv show.

Nice to see the proposal from Weston, Brooke looked happy. It was a little over the top about how she wet herself during the wresting match, but there is surgery that can fix it it's an ongoing issue. I think I too would have had trouble leaving my kids for 9 days when they were that young. But unlike Brook, I never drank alcohol when I was breastfeeding. 

Quad family, I find boring so I catch up on Facebook on my phone when they're on. Not interesting at all.

I like Josh and Aly. And I mean absolutely no disrespect but I really , really hope that she's going to be ok. I'm also a breast cancer survivor but I was diagnosed with early stage at age 53 back in the winter. At 24, Aly had a much more aggressive form of cancer in that she needed 16 rounds of chemotherapy right away. Taking on 3 children so close in age- I really hope that she'll be here to raise them all. Recurrence can happen at any time with breast cancer, or any cancer, really. There is no magic about the 5 year date, it's a myth. Olivia Newton John had a recurrence after 25 years. Off my soapbox now....

• Love 8

I agree with what everybody is saying.  Uggg I surely hope they don't give these couples another season of all this. 

BTW how can the Quad family afford to buy that huge house.  How much does the network pay for this show???  I fast forwarded through his tears.  He's pathetic. 

Josh and Aly.  I am sorry about her cancer and wish her well but that aside did they have to make one whole show drama about the trip to the doctors when I'm pretty sure by then they knew the test results.  Don't hate me.  I just think those two are really 'out there'!  And when they do those smiles.  Oh my.

Mars and Doug.  Why?

Weston and Brooke...they must have fallen into a shit load of money from somewhere.  They were desperate and are now planning a big wedding.  LOL

10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Kind of. She broke up with him when he refused to marry her, she moved in with her sister, started dating him again this past summer, now considering moving back in with him. Probably because they are hoping for a season three of this crapfest. These two are the worst, they deserve each in my book. Poor Sophia.

The quad family are building a house. Still don't see how they are making that much money with only selling baby items. 

I like that Brooke and Weston calmed down and are getting married. 

So Jarrel turned out to be a big jerk and deadbeat dad. Poor Boston. 

I liked the Josh and Ally story the best. I'm so glad she's cancer free now. 

Jarrel is what we call a Dead Beat Dad.  And him telling his friend how important he is at work and not paying a cent in child support.  I'm glad she went after him.  I'm glad she set the bar high.  He's a huge loser and now I wonder if he's an abuser since they are meeting at the LE to see Boston.  Somethings up with that. 

• Love 6

Wow. Krystal is so powerful that she can dictate when and where the court serves papers. That's pretty incredible. Ugh. And you know Jarell is still badmouthing her and probably portraying himself as the dad who isn't given visitation because courts favor moms (I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's clearly not happening here). Did he forget he was on a tv show?? 

Mars and Doug are toxic. Poor Sophie.

Why am I watching this show? It's so awful. 

• Love 2

I thought that as well with Jarrell. He lies & twists things to excuse his own behavior but forgets everything is being filmed? And yeah, Krystal just doesn't have the power to 'embarrass' him at work. If he's embarrassed it should be because he's not providing for his child, not because he was served papers for it at work. If he was doing the right thing that wouldn't have happened.

He's obviously bitter because he has a child out of wedlock. He's said it several times on the show & the finale as well, that he wanted to be a 'husband & father', not have parenthood happen this way. Well tough shit. He didn't use BC either so he's got just as much responsibility for the child. He needs to drop the victim crap & man up.

Mars & Doug just need to figure out a way to co-parent amicably for Sophie's sake.  She's a spunky kiddo & I hope she stays that way; with those two as parents she'll need her strength.

I'm glad for Aly & Josh but I understand CarolMK as I felt concern for them too, taking on so much. I hope they will be well & you also!

• Love 5

I think he was also pissed that the paternity test came back on him. He so wanted to be right and say she was a liar. After seeing him on the show, it's not tough to figure out why Kristal doesn't want to be with him. If they were together he wouldn't be any better of a dad. A person's effort to love and raise his or her child isn't dependent on marriage. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

Just read on another thread Rattled is coming back on, have to admit I'm glad Ashley & Tyson were not listed as part of the show. 

WHA?  Ashley & Tyson turn down a chance to famewhore themselves and their quads?  Must have been a decision of the networks/production.  Couldn't have been theirs.

Off to Google to see who is coming  back (or new?).

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

WHA?  Ashley & Tyson turn down a chance to famewhore themselves and their quads?  Must have been a decision of the networks/production.  Couldn't have been theirs.

Off to Google to see who is coming  back (or new?).

Yeah, I don't think it was their decision ;) lol, I'm interested in hearing from Josh & Aly again, other than that I don't know any of the others that are returning. 

I do like Josh and Aly and am interested in hearing an update on them.  She's fought a tough fight and seems to handle everything with grace.  They do have a beautiful family.

The others look just as trainwrecky as The Gardners or Mar & Doug.  Glad they're not coming back too.

• Love 2

Anyone watching? I think TLC picked these couples for bigger drama this time. It’s nice to see Josh and Aly doing so well. The girls are adorable. They need to put their medication somewhere where the girls can’t reach them though. 

Matthew and his wife (don’t remember names yet) are a mess. She’s living on a tiny boat, with a large dog, and they are separated and fight all the time. I feel bad for their newborn.

The other couple who are not married, I don’t have a lot of hope for them either. I know accidents do happen but why get pregnant so soon after just meeting, and the guy had just gotten divorced and already had a five month old daughter. 

There is one other couple they haven’t shown yet who are going to have triplets.

I wish they had done an update on Mars and Doug, Weston and Brooke, Jarell and Krystal. I don’t care about the quad family. 

• Love 3

I'm watching. I like Aly and Josh, was a bit surprised that their one daughter managed to get into a bottle of arthritis medicine. We always had medications locked up when our kids were little. I don't hold out much hope for the couple on the boat, it looks like a disaster.  The couple who isn't married seem to get along well but I think the man is being just a little selfish buying a truck without even talking to his girlfriend about it. I don't miss Doug and Mars and are glad they aren't back. They are probably no longer together, imo.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I'm watching. I like Aly and Josh, was a bit surprised that their one daughter managed to get into a bottle of arthritis medicine. We always had medications locked up when our kids were little. I don't hold out much hope for the couple on the boat, it looks like a disaster.  The couple who isn't married seem to get along well but I think the man is being just a little selfish buying a truck without even talking to his girlfriend about it. I don't miss Doug and Mars and are glad they aren't back. They are probably no longer together, imo.

I used to work in a pharmacy and was a pharmacy tech. I’m surprised the medication wasn’t in a child proof vial. But the bottle did look like it might have been OTC medication. Still should have been hard for a little one to open but somehow kids seem to figure it out. 

Glad to see Aly and Josh doing well.  Their family is adorable.  I got a serious case of the cutes when he was pushing the "twins" on the cars side by side.  People on a different page were mentioning a lump on her neck, I missed that, but some sounded concerned. 

The houseboat couple made me sad.  They both need to grow up, but he especially does.  It's suspicious how he disappears for days at a time with a full term wife. 

The other couple seems nice enough.  My (now ex) husband did that one time.  Bought a car on his lunch hour without even consulting me.  And at that point we had been married maybe 7-8 years.  I was a stay at home mom and I always had the feeling he thought of it as "his" money and that day I realized I was right. 

Looks like we're missing 2 couples.  The triplet parents and the one with the girl who doesn't know how to blend makeup.  I don't know what the heck happened but I saw a foundation stripe across her forehead and way too light concealer under her eyes.

So glad the Gardners aren't back.  So glad.

• Love 4

My DVR caught a preview when it was expecting Outdaughtered. WTH with the dude who has a pregnant wife and a preschooler and a full-time job and goes to the gym THREE HOURS a day? No sir. If you have some activity that keeps you busy 15+ hours a week, it better bring in MONEY. And then you have the nerve to talk about how easy your wife has it? You are officially a selfish ass.

• Love 3

Just caught this tonight and haven’t watched the previous seasons. I came here immediately to snark! I’m surprised there aren’t more comments.

Anywhoooo.... the pill bottle thing. I just don’t see how that could happen. I mean I know it does happen, but I also have kids that age and it would take them a good few minutes to get into a childproof bottle. Like, you would know something was up. And production was there! Given it’s a show about the kids I find it odd that they would be left totally on their own for long enough for that to happen with MULTIPLE adults in the house. I know it’s not production’s job to babysit but you would think when the kids got the bottle open they would have swooped in pretty quickly. Anyways, something about that scene just didn’t add up for me. 

The non-married military couple: I just don’t get it. Maybe my mom just drilled into me not to rely on a man, but I don’t know what she’s doing playing house, taking care of his kid with another woman what appears to be full-time without being married. He doesn’t even feel that he needs to consult her before making major purchases without them being married. Why did she quit her day job?! I would be building a life raft if I were her.

And speaking of life rafts, the boat couple really is just sad. I actually feel terrible for the lady. Her husband doesn’t see anything in the world wrong with his behavior. Also, get off that damn sailboat. I can’t wait to keep watching to see how that works out.

• Love 4

Could they have found any more depressing couples? I do feel bad for Aly, she’s still going through the side effects of chemo with the arm lymphodema. How sad that sometimes she can’t lift her babies.

The sailboat couple need to divorce and she needs to get an apartment. Even a low income place would be better than that claustrophobic boat.

Does military guy have to stay in the military? Can’t he go to school on G.I. Bill to learn another trade? Or find a different job than being in the military so he wouldn’t have to go away from his family. 

I worry about the triplet couple. She’s already in trouble at 22 weeks. Will those babies even be viable? They never said if they conceived naturally or if this was IVF. 

And there’s another couple they haven’t shown yet who got pregnant after only knowing each other for ONE  month. Oy! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jackintheknox said:

Anywhoooo.... the pill bottle thing. I just don’t see how that could happen. I mean I know it does happen, but I also have kids that age and it would take them a good few minutes to get into a childproof bottle. Like, you would know something was up. And production was there! Given it’s a show about the kids I find it odd that they would be left totally on their own for long enough for that to happen with MULTIPLE adults in the house. I know it’s not production’s job to babysit but you would think when the kids got the bottle open they would have swooped in pretty quickly. Anyways, something about that scene just didn’t add up for me. 

Haven't seen the latest but did see that one & didn't buy a minute of it. They've messed with Ally & Josh in made up story lines before & I do believe this was another BS production move. I think it's just another one of those the show didn't think the family is interesting enough by itself so have to throw in some made up drama. Personally I think they've been through enough drama & don't get why they'd even play along with this crap, but that's just me.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Straycat80 said:

I used to work in a pharmacy and was a pharmacy tech. I’m surprised the medication wasn’t in a child proof vial. But the bottle did look like it might have been OTC medication. Still should have been hard for a little one to open but somehow kids seem to figure it out. 

This whole thing seemed staged to me... I highly doubt with all the cameras around they would not have had someone watching the 3 girls.  They seemed very calm driving to hospital.  I would have called an ambulance.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Personally I think they've been through enough drama & don't get why they'd even play along with this crap, but that's just me.

And I don’t get why they’d play along when it makes them look terrible and negligent.

9 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Does military guy have to stay in the military? Can’t he go to school on G.I. Bill to learn another trade? Or find a different job than being in the military so he wouldn’t have to go away from his family.  

I kind of got the feeling that he makes decent money, but that they are living up to or possibly beyond their means. They have a nice looking house and cars but they may be heavily mortgaged without much wiggle room to go back to school or start over in a new career.

I say this with as much respect as possible for our veterans, but some of the jobs they do in the service don’t translate well into the private sector. I have had several friends come out of military service and take paycuts and/or have lots of trouble finding a comparable job. I mean if you think about it he’s a recruiter, which is a great job in military because you don’t deploy. He might be a great corporate recruiter if someone will give him a shot at it but I don’t know that entry-level or mid-level corporate recruiters earn enough to support 2 kids & 2 babymamas one of which is a stay at home girlfriend. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jackintheknox said:

And I don’t get why they’d play along when it makes them look terrible and negligent.

Probably signed on the bottom line so now they have to do what the show wants them to do as they are getting paid, & yes it did make them look bad. It was ridiculously fake though.

(edited)

I have to get in on this snark while I await developments on other forums.  

Lwt’s start with the fools on the boat.  Her husband is a jackass and a selfish little twit and there is no excuse for his behavior.  However...I get the feeling that she wanted to get married, and she wanted to marry him, and wouldn’t stop until she did.  She’s making excuses and saying she doesn’t care where he goes, so she’s always known he was shady. She just probably wanted to be a Mrs. and he wanted to take her off the market.  She didn’t set expectations early in that marriage, and things won’t change now.

Their both idiots for moving into that tuna can of a boat.  Just because you couldn’t buy a house or condo doesn’t mean you couldnt rent a nice 1 bedroom apartment. That could work with a baby for a while.  I give it 2 weeks on the SS Shitshow before he bolts and she’s ready to jump into that marina.  If the dog ere smart he’d run now before it really hits the fan.  

The couple with the kilitary recruiter...I need him to put on his big boy panties and get over it.  Jeez, he acts like the only person to have his widdle feewings hurt.  Man up dude.  His girfriend is a bit of a nag though.  Someone should inform her that ultimatum marriages never last.  And just because you play house with his kid it won’t make him move any faster.  Y’all rushed the kid. Don’t add fuel to the fire with a shotgun wedding.  

Ally and Josh’s kids are cute.  I’m happy she’s doing fairly well.  I felt last season like they focused more on the second daughter they adopted (Vera?) than on their biological miracle baby. Nobody’s perfect but it was weird.  I’ll be in West Monroe next month.  I’ll look out for them.

I hope the Dallas triplets are okay.  I don’t know what another loss would do to them.  They seem like kind-hearted people and I hope they are blessed with the family they’ve been praying for. 

The show always picks up after the babies come so the next episode should be good.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
Spelling
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I have to get in on this snark while I await developments on other forums.  

Lwt’s start with the fools on the boat.  Her husband is a jackass and a selfish little twit and there is no excuse for his behavior.  However...I get the feeling that she wanted to get married, and she wanted to marry him, and wouldn’t stop until she did.  She’s making excuses and saying she doesn’t care where he goes, so she’s always known he was shady. She just probably wanted to be a Mrs. and he wanted to take her off the market.  She didn’t set expectations early in that marriage, and things won’t change now.

Their both idiots for moving into that tuna can of a boat.  Just because you couldn’t buy a house or condo doesn’t mean you couldnt rent a nice 1 bedroom apartment. That could work with a baby for a while.  I give it 2 weeks on the SS Shitshow before he bolts and she’s ready to jump into that marina.  If the dog ere smart he’d run now before it really hits the fan.  

The couple with the kilitary recruiter...I need him to put on his big boy panties and get over it.  Jeez, he acts like the only person to have his widdle feewings hurt.  Man up dude.  His girfriend is a bit of a nag though.  Someone should inform her that ultimatum marriages never last.  And just because you play house with his kid it won’t make him move any faster.  Y’all rushed the iid. Don’t add fuel to the fire with a shotgun wedding.  

Ally and Josh’s kids are cute.  I’m happy she’s doing fairly well.  I felt last season like they focused more on the second daughter they adopted (Vera?) than on their biological miracle baby. Nobody’s perfect but it was weird.  I’ll be in West Monroe next month.  I’ll look out for them.

I hope the Dallas triplets are okay.  I don’t know what another loss would do to them.  They seem like kind-hearted people and I hope they are blessed with the family they’ve been praying for. 

The show always picks up after the babies come so the next episode should be good.

I thought so too, but Vera is the biological, Lydia is the second adopted baby. I do like them tho & those girls are precious :)

2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

My guess is they're fine or they wouldn't be on the show.

I think the triplets will be fine otherwise I don’t think they would be on this show. 

I’m more worried about the boat couples baby.  Autumn is going to keep the baby in a small cubby in the boat. I think the Grandma is right to worry about the baby not getting enough air. 

We were introduced to the new couple who got pregnant after only dating for a month. Both seem very immature and not too bright IMO. Mariah is counting on her mother to be the live in babysitter and I’ll bet the mother will do it too. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

We were introduced to the new couple who got pregnant after only dating for a month. Both seem very immature and not too bright IMO. Mariah is counting on her mother to be the live in babysitter and I’ll bet the mother will do it too. 

Dis they mention how old these two are? They probably did and I missed it, but I’m too lazy to go back & rewatch. 

They strike me as very young- not quite young enough for “16 & Pregnant” shows, but maybe very early 20’s? 

Gonna be a tough road, with a baby on the way so early in their relationship. They hardly know each other! I appreciated her Mom’s obvious support, but you can almost see the “I told you so” stage coming, when the baby is about 2 months old and he realizes how much work having a newborn is- he’ll bail and move out, mark my words. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, asemumma said:

Dis they mention how old these two are? They probably did and I missed it, but I’m too lazy to go back & rewatch. 

They strike me as very young- not quite young enough for “16 & Pregnant” shows, but maybe very early 20’s? 

he’ll bail and move out, mark my words. 

I missed how old they were too. I’m guessing early 20’s also. And you’re right, he’ll bail as soon as things get tough, they were already fighting a lot and he doesn’t like living with the mother. 

He's a young guy, he's been out on his own, I don't blame him a bit for not wanting to play house with his spoiled brat of a girlfriend in her mother's house.

That baby shower was so over the top! A plated dinner at a function hall, with assigned seating? Isn't that a bit much? (And yet pouring the pressure on Raymond because his family was late, making him call them because there were other people who needed the seats? Real classy.) Looks like Mariah's family are already looking down their noses at Raymond's more blue collar folks. Did not love. I don't get these huge, expensive showers anyway. I'm from a generation that had showers in a church basement, or the family rec room. Women only, cake and punch, that kind of thing. Do these guys really want to be there unwrapping onesies and baby baths? They always look mortified. I'm all for gender equity. I just think most guys would rather leave this kind of thing with the ladies while they watch football or something.

The rest of these folks are dull as dishwater. Girl with gym rat boyfriend who won't put a ring on it? Who cares. Youth minister gives me the creeps. He looks skeevy. Glad the babies are OK. Boat people? Absolute disaster, girl's too fragile, mother's overbearing, guy is a douchebag. Next.

• Love 2

@Pepper Mostly we seem to be in sync 100% on this show! God bless her if her mon will be a built in babysitter.  My mom does not play that shit! She was home with us, and expects us to do the same for our kids.  I also don’t get the co-ed baby showers.  You’ll never convince me a man wants to spend his Saturday talking about mucous plugs and strollers.  What happened to the guys just showing up at the end to wrangle the gifts and eat the leftovers?  Clearly Raymond isn’t into that kind of thing.  

I also noticed she’s a poor man’s Kim Kardashian who obviously spent all her potential rent money on Louis Vuittons.  Poor Raymond looks like he wants to do the right thing, but he chose the wrong person to do it with.  She’ll spend her days dressing that kid up for Instagram and Pinterest, then pawn it off on her mom and complain that Raymond doesn’t care about her or the baby.  

And if you need to live at home with your kid, what the hell are you doing at a baby boutique looking at Stokke strollers and all that expensive crap?  You need to take your ass to Target!

• Love 6

And WHY does Raymond need to live with her?? Sweet Jesus I will never understand these people. And her bedroom looked like a prison cell. 

My mother would have laughed heartily and for many minutes if I had even hinted that she should provide free child care for my son. Sheesh, I didn't even ask my parents to watch him until he was about 6. I think my day care lady was sick or something, I was desperate. I promised faithfully I wouldn't do it again!

Raymond has to step up now; no more clubbing etc. I do think he wants to do that but she's dragging him into the way she wants it, which is to live at mom's. I don't know why, either, except the free childcare, which she could probably get out of her w/o living there. Do they work at all? I don't think it was mentioned. From the way her mom is I think she's the one who really wants this baby, & may take over with him. They should have their own space.

It looked like they were planning a wedding sitting at that table with seating charts, it seemed; wtf...

Jamielynn (bf is the ex-military guy) grates; she seems abrasive. Next week she's complaining about his leave because he gets less given they're not married. She says they have a baby, how much more married can they be - well you're not. Having a baby doesn't make you married; how annoying.

Youth minister dad doesn't give me the creeps; he seems fine & supportive of his wife. However, the church ladies calling him "Saint" (whatever his name is) was over the top. He's sleeping at the hospital to watch over them & doing some chores - relax. It's the least he can do given she's gestating triplets on bed rest in a hospital for crap's sake. I also don't believe for a second there isn't someone from their church helping with everything either - he's probably just working & bringing her food.

The boat couple continues to be sad & pathetic. Autumn showing her mom the baby's sleeping area - just ugh. She sounded like a stupid teenager who just wants to do it her own way. This is a baby for crap's sake, & that's not looking safe at all, not to mention the kid is going to grow - fast - right out of that ridiculous little shelf she wants to put him on. Holy crap.

• Love 3
On 7/24/2018 at 11:03 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I give it 2 weeks on the SS Shitshow before he bolts and she’s ready to jump into that marina.  If the dog ere smart he’d run now before it really hits the fan.  

Omg. The SS Shitshow is the perfect name. Thank you. This entire scenario is ridiculous but to me is the most fascinating on the show. What is she going to do in approximately 3 months when the baby starts rolling over and out of that shelf bed?! Maybe she can make it work somehow but it’s just not for me. As soon as I saw that big ass dog run to the “door” of the SS shitshow I was like nahhhhh that’s a nope for me.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:03 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Someone should inform her that ultimatum marriages never last.  And just because you play house with his kid it won’t make him move any faster.  Y’all rushed the iid. Don’t add fuel to the fire with a shotgun wedding.  

This couple bugs me. Because she does seem to be the primary caretaker of the older kid, at least when she’s at that house. She doesn’t seem to have a job, unless I missed it? Yet he seems to have no interest in marrying her. I would say he’s taking advantage of her but jeez how can she be so dumb? I could see pinch hitting for your boyfriend and his ex if a childcare emergency arose but to be a stay-at-Home-not-even-step-mom is just plain ridiculous. I will be interested to see how the dynamics change when she brings home her own child. 

• Love 4

This season definitely has me interested, but mostly because I hate the majority of the cast.  Ally and Josh are the only people I find tolerable.  Their girls are adorable, and they seem pretty relaxed parents (I especially like that he cleaned up his kids' mess at the restaurant instead of expecting an employee to do it).  They're definitely too "gosh golly" for me to every imagine being friends with them personally, but seem like good people.

Jamie and military guy- holy smokes they're both unlikable.  He spends hours at the gym EVERY day and buys a truck on a whim?  She appears to not work, and does what?  Plays house 50% of the time with some kid that's not hers?  She appears to have a permanent scowl on her face, but not as bad as...

Autumn!- girl is crazy.  Crazy eyes, crazy hair.  She seems completely incapable of seeing things they way they are.  Her husband/boyfriend seems like a guy who does whatever he wants, whenever he wants.  I give him 6 months before he bails.  And I'm sorry, but unless you're SUPER crunchy granola (which they don't appear to be), to think that raising a baby on a boat is insane.

Mariah and Raymond- poor Raymond. He seems like he's an okay guy.  She seems like a prima dona and I'd honestly be shocked if she's had less than 3 cosmetic procedures to her face already.  Her face looks plastic (and it's not the poor makeup application, which is AWFUL).

Brings us to the triplet parents- I despise them.  Maybe it's because I hate mega churches.  Maybe it's the way she talks (she almost looks like she's had a stroke...sort of Drew Barrymore-ish).  Maybe it's the fact that her husband was handed a job by her father and how their entire existence is propagated by folks giving them their money in the name of the lord.

And yet I'll keep watching because I can't turn away.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, Jackintheknox said:

Omg. The SS Shitshow is the perfect name. Thank you. This entire scenario is ridiculous but to me is the most fascinating on the show. What is she going to do in approximately 3 months when the baby starts rolling over and out of that shelf bed?! Maybe she can make it work somehow but it’s just not for me. As soon as I saw that big ass dog run to the “door” of the SS shitshow I was like nahhhhh that’s a nope for me.

This couple bugs me. Because she does seem to be the primary caretaker of the older kid, at least when she’s at that house. She doesn’t seem to have a job, unless I missed it? Yet he seems to have no interest in marrying her. I would say he’s taking advantage of her but jeez how can she be so dumb? I could see pinch hitting for your boyfriend and his ex if a childcare emergency arose but to be a stay-at-Home-not-even-step-mom is just plain ridiculous. I will be interested to see how the dynamics change when she brings home her own child. 

Please excuse those typos. Low iron does strange things to your mind. 

Jamielynn is a better woman than me.  I wouldn’t be playing nanny for a man who appears to have no interest in remarrying. He acts like he’s the first person to be hurt which leaves me to believe he probably cheated or did something bad.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And WHY does Raymond need to live with her?? Sweet Jesus I will never understand these people. And her bedroom looked like a prison cell. 

My mother would have laughed heartily and for many minutes if I had even hinted that she should provide free child care for my son. Sheesh, I didn't even ask my parents to watch him until he was about 6. I think my day care lady was sick or something, I was desperate. I promised faithfully I wouldn't do it again!

I wonder if her bedroom is in the basement?  I notice on reality tv shows that's where a lot of the unmarried, pregnant couples reside in mommy's house!

7 hours ago, SlothLoveChunk said:

This season definitely has me interested, but mostly because I hate the majority of the cast.  Ally and Josh are the only people I find tolerable.  Their girls are adorable, and they seem pretty relaxed parents (I especially like that he cleaned up his kids' mess at the restaurant instead of expecting an employee to do it).  They're definitely too "gosh golly" for me to every imagine being friends with them personally, but seem like good people.

Jamie and military guy- holy smokes they're both unlikable.  He spends hours at the gym EVERY day and buys a truck on a whim?  She appears to not work, and does what?  Plays house 50% of the time with some kid that's not hers?  She appears to have a permanent scowl on her face, but not as bad as...

Autumn!- girl is crazy.  Crazy eyes, crazy hair.  She seems completely incapable of seeing things they way they are.  Her husband/boyfriend seems like a guy who does whatever he wants, whenever he wants.  I give him 6 months before he bails.  And I'm sorry, but unless you're SUPER crunchy granola (which they don't appear to be), to think that raising a baby on a boat is insane.

Mariah and Raymond- poor Raymond. He seems like he's an okay guy.  She seems like a prima dona and I'd honestly be shocked if she's had less than 3 cosmetic procedures to her face already.  Her face looks plastic (and it's not the poor makeup application, which is AWFUL).

Brings us to the triplet parents- I despise them.  Maybe it's because I hate mega churches.  Maybe it's the way she talks (she almost looks like she's had a stroke...sort of Drew Barrymore-ish).  Maybe it's the fact that her husband was handed a job by her father and how their entire existence is propagated by folks giving them their money in the name of the lord.

And yet I'll keep watching because I can't turn away.

Right there with you. Ally and Josh are hyper aware of the fact that they are on TV and are putting their best,wholesome feet forward. I don't fault them for it. They seem perfectly nice but I probably wouldn't hang out with them either. I'm kinda salty and crabby. 

Autumn I simply don't understand. Why do they live on a boat? How did she and her boyfriend ever get together? They can't stand each other. And OK, an infant on a boat, I can see it. They're small and they stay where you put them. (As my mother says "you can put a baby in a bureau drawer!"). But once that kid is mobile, that thing is a death trap. Any fragile grasp Autumn has on her sanity will go right out the porthole. 

Mariah is one of those girls who has ridiculous expectations. She wants to swan around while poor Raymond waits on her hand and foot. Girl,you are in for a rude awakening. Millions of women, every day, are pregnant and simply get on with their lives. You do not need to lie down and have your feet rubbed and have your BF bring you dainty little nibbles when you feel a little peckish. Jesus. 

Youth minister. I concur with your assessment. He has a squirrely look. He's burnishing his image now, but later on, when he gets caught with his hand in the till or down the pants of one of his young parishioners, it'll be a different story! (Pax to any of my PTV buddies who attend mega churches, or are youth ministers.)

• Love 3
On 7/25/2018 at 7:35 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I also noticed she’s a poor man’s Kim Kardashian who obviously spent all her potential rent money on Louis Vuittons.

Those looked like fake LVs to me. At least I hope they were, if she has that kind of disposable income, she should use some of it for a makeup lesson. That highlighter on her cheeks is distracting.

• Love 4
(edited)

All I could think of while watching is the SIDS risk of that poor baby stuck in a cubby behind a thick curtain. No, just no. And someone please rescue that poor dog! Is it wrong that I'm as concerned for the dog as I am the baby? Who's going to walk the poor thing while Autumn is sitting there alone 4 days postpartum while her man child is bunking at a "friend's" house? Oh, that's right. It can just pee in the boat! Because a urine stench in a confined space with no air circulation is all that's missing from what will be a literal shit show. 

Poor Raymond. Dude doesn't want his kid to grow up without a dad so badly that he's willing to do just about anything. The look on their face when he kept insisting they need her own place was slap-worthy. I hope he gets his way there. He is beyond uncomfortable. His family isn't going to be welcomed into that home to visit, either. 

I hope all of the triplets are as healthy as can be for their tiny sizes. Otherwise, I can't get on board with these people. He isn't a freaking saint. He's being what a husband/father should be in that situation. And whoever said people at the church are surely helping is 100% correct. Her dad is the pastor and they have what? 15k people in the congregation? People are probably on a waiting list to do her laundry and make their meals. Daddy probably guaranteed them VIP passes into heaven in exchange. 

Edited by Squirrely
typo
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Squirrely said:

I hope all of the triplets are as healthy as can be for their tiny sizes. Otherwise, I can't get on board with these people. He isn't a freaking saint. He's being what a husband/father should be in that situation. And whoever said people at the church are surely helping is 100% correct. Her dad is the pastor and they have what? 15k people in the congregation? People are probably on a waiting list to do her laundry and make their meals.

Yes I did, & I'm waiting to see if this turns into that quad couple thing where they pretend they have no help & are struggling once the babies come home. It's not worth a story line on a reality show to be so fake.

12 hours ago, Squirrely said:

And someone please rescue that poor dog! Is it wrong that I'm as concerned for the dog as I am the baby? Who's going to walk the poor thing while Autumn is sitting there alone 4 days postpartum while her man child is bunking at a "friend's" house? Oh, that's right. It can just pee in the boat! Because a urine stench in a confined space with no air circulation is all that's missing from what will be a literal shit show. 

Yes, I felt so bad when the guy didn't want to walk the dog before they left. I think he only gave in w/o a fight because the cameras were there; poor dog too.

• Love 2

Mariah - I couldnt take my eyes off her face and not in a good way.  I think underneath all the makeup there could be a pretty girl.  With all of it on, she looks like a scary clown.  They need a place of their own not living in her tiny bedroom in her mom's house.  Wait til that baby comes....reality of caring for a newborn all the while being confined to a tiny space will leave Raymond on edge.  I predict he will run for the hills.  

Boat baby -  What the hell. Bad idea.  And they have a dog.   "Look behind this curtain, this is where the baby will sleep." Seriously...you cant make this stuff up.

• Love 7
On 7/16/2018 at 2:28 PM, vmcd88 said:

Not looking good for the boat couple.  She needs to divorce him and move into an apartment.  Seems like she wants to be married/he wants out.  

I was trying to watch an episode in bed one night while my husband was sleeping, and his screaming was so loud, I kept having to mute their scenes.  He seems like he could get violent.

• Love 1

It was pretty surprising to me to hear Raymond's mom talking about how Mariah grew up in a  nice small town, and how she grew up differently than Raymond, and to hear Raymond talk about how much more formal and high maintenance Mariah's family's baby shower was than his.  It's weird because it seems like Raymond and his mom are intimidated by Mariah, but whenever I see Mariah I just want to scrape the trashy goo off her face.      And why on earth was her mom complaining about not spending an time alone together with Mariah when they live together?  Good god, the woman is exhausting.

Edited by kit.kat343
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, kit.kat343 said:

It was pretty surprising to me to hear Raymond's mom talking about how Mariah grew up in a  nice small town, and how she grew up differently than Raymond, and to hear Raymond talk about how much more formal and high maintenance Mariah's family's baby shower was than his.  It's weird because it seems like Raymond and his mom are intimidated by Mariah, but whenever I see Mariah I just want to scrape the trashy goo off her face.      And why on earth was her mom complaining about not spending an time alone together with Mariah when they live together?  Good god, the woman is exhausting.

Isn't she? She reminds me of Jazz's mother--needy, attention seeking, overbearing. Sheesh. Infancy is not a terminal condition. Yes, its demanding and all consuming. For a while. Things settle down and the normal pace of life resumes. Your neglected mother will be able to see your clown face as much as she wants.

Mariah's makeup game is decidedly not on point. Her skin looks bad, too, which may be why she has so much glopped on. Honey, let your skin breathe!

Her whinging at the shower was tiresome in the extreme, also. Everyone seemed perfectly nice and friendly. Stick with your BF and his mother, they'll introduce you around. She works with the public all day! Some of them must be strangers to her--even all her regular clients were strangers once. She must have small talk!

Triplet mother seemed to bounce back pretty quick after her Cesaerean--she jumped into the car like it was nothing. After my Casaerean I hobbled around like an 80 year old, with a  pillow clutched to my stomach for a week, terrified to sneeze, cough or laugh.

Boat girl bores me to tears.

Gym rat's girlfriend is going to treat us to the obligatory "you never help around the house!" scenes, I see? Why does no one anticipate that this will likely happen, and prepare for it? She knows her boyfriend is a big palooka who does not seem to be very sensitive or selfless. Did she not realize that she would be expected to bear the whole home front burden?

Did they name that baby Southern??

• Love 4