Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S06.E02: A Long Trip for a Short Apology

Recommended Posts

I hate Reza with the fire of 1000 burning suns. I admit he may have felt terrible seeing MJ's father so frail and incapacitated at the rehab facility, but I also believe he was hamming up the histrionics for the cameras. Meanwhile, the emotion on MJ's face was so genuine that I feel cameras really should not have been there to film. Compare that to the petty drama this show is notorious for and it's easy to see the juxtaposition.

I don't for a second believe the Shahs did not know about Asa's pregnancy. I was rolling my eyes when GG told Asa she looked like she'd lost weight while she was floating in the pool. My mind flashed to a conversation these two might have had over the phone discussing filming of this very scene the night before, and wouldn't it be funny if GG acted oblivious to Asa's very apparent weight gain? I believe much of the drama we see is staged.

That being said, I can believe GG hasn't seen Reza in about a year. He's a vile piece of garbage and while she's no saint, the only thing motivating these two to be in a room together is their paycheck from Bravo.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Can we just leave all these unlikeable people off the screen and look at their gorgeous food for an hour!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm getting a weird vibe from Adam this season, too. Can't put my finger on it yet, time will tell as the season progresses. 

Just as water seeks its own level, Adam has met his match in Reza. By now Adam must have seen Reza's true colors and surely knows what an asshole he is, which leads me to believe Adam is just as much of an asshole, only the stealthy variety. I don't really see any other explanation as to why an ostensibly sane person would date let alone marry a creep like Reza.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to shallowly post on this shallow show.  Asa looked better than she EVER has on this show in this episode's talking heads.  MJ's dress to Mike's house the next morning was whatever a hot mess becomes when it shrinks in the dryer.  GG's hair color is the worst, and Shervin's girlfriend looks like a RealDoll.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

My first glimpse of MJ in a tube top (!!!!!) with her hair in a bun had me wondering why a Sumo wrestler was on this show.  I kid you not, it took me a hot minute to recognize her bulges.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

Can we just leave all these unlikeable people off the screen and look at their gorgeous food for an hour!

Hear, Hear!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

MJ, MJ,MJ, PLEASE buy yourself a full length mirror! I have never seen anyone dress in clothes so small and, sorry honey, you do not have the body for it! Nor do we need to see your big saggy boobs. Cover those puppies up. Try having some class not Klass. 

If you can't clean your dam house HIRE somebody! What a pig sty. Her and her BF are just creepy.

Congrats Asa! Happy for you! The rest of your "crew" need to go piss up a rope and mind their own business! What business it of there's why you got pregnant or who you live, or don't live, with??? I saw a cartoon the other day (wish I had it) of a lady holding a tray with a nose on it. She was saying "Here, I found your nose in my business" LOL

GG keep on your path. Keep the drinking to a min. please......You'll be way better off. 

Shevrin is HOT!! His GF is pretty also. Good looking couple.

Reza is such a nasty person. But his "best friend" is the trash bag MJ so no surprise there. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:35 AM, beesknees said:

I'm not so much on the hate train when it comes to MJ this episode.  I give her a total pass on her messy apartment right now because she has more important (and bigger fish to fry).  Why can't Tommy clean the damned apartment?  His arms and legs broken?  Why can't they hire a cleaning lady?  They can afford it.  I sympathize with MJ because what happened to her dad also happened to my grandmother (although my grandma's situation was a little more extreme).  My grandmother was fine and getting ready to be discharged from the hospital.  We were over the moon.  The next day we went to visit and she was in a coma.  It was like WTF? times a million.  We wound up having to pull the plug.

 

I had a really hard time watching MJ with her Dad. I also went through a similar situation with my Mom and Dad. Mom went into the hospital for a broken shoulder, complications followed then we were told she was fine and being transferred to a rehab for her shoulder after 3 weeks in hospital. They transferred her at 9pm then called me at 5am to tell me she was gone. Dad was healthy but once Mom died he went downhill and I found him on the floor one morning about a year after Mom,  he lasted maybe 3 days then he was gone. Seeing MJ's Dad lying in bed like that looked so much like my Dad I started crying as I watched. A year later (it will be a year this Saturday) my 51 year old brother died out of nowhere, so I lost my family in a 3 year period. My point is yes, I also give MJ a huge pass. She's in denial and real reality, not television reality, is going to come crashing down on her hard. I don't think her Mother is going to give MJ the comfort she's going to need. I know she signed up for this, but I still feel really bad for her.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Tveyeonyou, so sorry for your loss.

MJ has one parent and he's ill. Vida will be no help if/when he dies. The question is will Tommy?

And MJ's already was a heavy drinker in a social setting and she seems to be ramping it up now. she looked like she'd had a few when she was fixing a drink for Reza.

And leave it to Reza to make MJ's dad all about himself.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

I had a really hard time watching MJ with her Dad. I also went through a similar situation with my Mom and Dad. Mom went into the hospital for a broken shoulder, complications followed then we were told she was fine and being transferred to a rehab for her shoulder after 3 weeks in hospital. They transferred her at 9pm then called me at 5am to tell me she was gone. Dad was healthy but once Mom died he went downhill and I found him on the floor one morning about a year after Mom,  he lasted maybe 3 days then he was gone. Seeing MJ's Dad lying in bed like that looked so much like my Dad I started crying as I watched. A year later (it will be a year this Saturday) my 51 year old brother died out of nowhere, so I lost my family in a 3 year period. My point is yes, I also give MJ a huge pass. She's in denial and real reality, not television reality, is going to come crashing down on her hard. I don't think her Mother is going to give MJ the comfort she's going to need. I know she signed up for this, but I still feel really bad for her.

I feel for you and sorry for your loss(es).  It is waay too much in such a short time.  The amount of grief is crushing.  When MJ's dad passes (whenever that may be) it will like losing two parents in a sense because Vida's ass is perpetually, emotionally MIA and that will never change.

I was taking Tommy to task because I wanted him to clean the house while MJ was tending to her dad but when he screamed at Vida saying "We've been at the hospital!!!" I was like *duh, of course*.  My apologies to him.  Tommy seems like MJ's only family right now.

 I also give MJ a pass for being delusional according to Reza.   Hey, how does Reza know what MJ's dad's health status was the day before?  He wasn't there.  Dad could have been cognizant, alert and talking, etc.  Conditions can change in 24 hrs. as some have posted here and when that happens loved ones are totally blindsided.  I know I was.  

I cannot believe MJ even went to Mike's party.  She knew she had to film but if it was me I would have been numbed out and drinking my ass off too.  Then to top it off MJ had one friend who had new life inside of her and was glowing (all good things to come) while MJ's only loving family member was in the twilight/sunset of his life and winding down.  

Now, on a shallow note:  Sherv's Australian GF makes me incredibly stabby.  She seems nice as a person, however her blond hair is so insanely distracting in regards to her complexion, eye color, etc.   This personally irritates the shit out of me so much I just have to FF through her scenes. 

And DITTO times a million to the poster directly above me who said that Reza was making MJ's illness all about him.  POS.  Typical.  Well, if there's a silver lining in regards to his narcissism it lies in the fact that he made up with GG (for now, until they need conflict or a story line again) is a step in a positive direction.

I loved GG's attempt at apologizing with her little "people" (are they worry dolls or ??).  That seemed very genuine and pretty cute.

Edited by beesknees
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I'm in the minority but I think Asa is being insensitive to MJ's feelings. This in no way justifies MJ's awful behavior but Asa does seem to be rubbing it in MJ's face a little. I'm aware I'm bringing my own experience with infertility into this situation. I had trouble getting pregnant the first time and every time a friend of mine announced they were pregnant it was like a stab to the heart. I was happy for them, of course, (which MJ clearly isn't) but it didn't stop me from being sad for myself and jealous. I know MJ might not be infertile but given her age it's likely she'll have trouble and it may not happen for her (thankfully, because I think she's emotionally damaged in ways that would be detrimental to a child). I know MJ has been awful to Asa and the two are not friends but there are some topics that I feel people should be sensitive to regardless of how you feel about the other person, and infertility (or inability to have kids due to life situation) is one of them.

That said, MJ is behaving horribly. If she was simply questioning Asa about how the baby might change her relationship with the father that would be one thing (I, too, would wonder if they were planning on getting married and/or moving in together), but MJ was being judgmental and hounding Asa with her questions. She moved past inquizitive and was being intrusive. 

On the other hand, I do think MJ and Mike have a point about Asa being guarded with her personal life but expecting others to be open and honest. If Asa wasn't on a reality show it wouldn't be anyone's business but she agreed to be on the show. The baby didn't choose to be on the show, nor did the baby's father so I don't have a problem with them being kept off screen but I do think Asa should be willing to be honest about that part of her life. And she certainly shouldn't be going after anyone else for not wanting to reveal everything on camera either. 

Lastly, her views on vaccinations are irresponsible, ignorant and make me think less of her. Vaccines are safe, effective and not toxic. By refusing to vaccinate her child she not only puts him in danger of getting some horrible preventable disease that at best will put him through unnecessary pain and at worst kill him, but she also endangers other people as well. Children who are too young to be vaccinated, the small percentage of people who do not aquire immunity despite being vaccinated and those who are immunocompromised are affected by her decision. While I usually try not to judge parents for their parenting decisions, the decision whether or not to vaccinate can harm others and is therefore fair game, IMO. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

It seriously annoyed me that GG kept "apologizing" to Adam that she was sorry "about what happened to [him]." How about "I'm sorry for what I did TO you?"  Her "apology" is as insincere as saying "I apologize IF your feelings were hurt."

HUGH pet peeve of mine. That's a non-apology. She still doesn't take responsibility for what SHE DID!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

It seriously annoyed me that GG kept "apologizing" to Adam that she was sorry "about what happened to [him]." How about "I'm sorry for what I did TO you?"  Her "apology" is as insincere as saying "I apologize IF your feelings were hurt."

HUGH pet peeve of mine. That's a non-apology. She still doesn't take responsibility for what SHE DID!!

But what she did was accidentally run into him, I was upset that she had to grovel for an accident. She also said she never intended to hurt him which given that it was an accident I don't know what more she could say.

She also did say she was sorry for saying that she had seen the sex tape which was also taking responsibility for her part in that.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

Tveyeonyou, so sorry for your loss.

MJ has one parent and he's ill. Vida will be no help if/when he dies. The question is will Tommy?

And MJ's already was a heavy drinker in a social setting and she seems to be ramping it up now. she looked like she'd had a few when she was fixing a drink for Reza.

And leave it to Reza to make MJ's dad all about himself.

 

16 hours ago, beesknees said:

I feel for you and sorry for your loss(es).  It is waay too much in such a short time.  The amount of grief is crushing.  When MJ's dad passes (whenever that may be) it will like losing two parents in a sense because Vida's ass is perpetually, emotionally MIA and that will never change.

I was taking Tommy to task because I wanted him to clean the house while MJ was tending to her dad but when he screamed at Vida saying "We've been at the hospital!!!" I was like *duh, of course*.  My apologies to him.  Tommy seems like MJ's only family right now.

 I also give MJ a pass for being delusional according to Reza.   Hey, how does Reza know what MJ's dad's health status was the day before?  He wasn't there.  Dad could have been cognizant, alert and talking, etc.  Conditions can change in 24 hrs. as some have posted here and when that happens loved ones are totally blindsided.  I know I was.  

I cannot believe MJ even went to Mike's party.  She knew she had to film but if it was me I would have been numbed out and drinking my ass off too.  Then to top it off MJ had one friend who had new life inside of her and was glowing (all good things to come) while MJ's only loving family member was in the twilight/sunset of his life and winding down.  

Now, on a shallow note:  Sherv's Australian GF makes me incredibly stabby.  She seems nice as a person, however her blond hair is so insanely distracting in regards to her complexion, eye color, etc.   This personally irritates the shit out of me so much I just have to FF through her scenes. 

And DITTO times a million to the poster directly above me who said that Reza was making MJ's illness all about him.  POS.  Typical.  Well, if there's a silver lining in regards to his narcissism it lies in the fact that he made up with GG (for now, until they need conflict or a story line again) is a step in a positive direction.

I loved GG's attempt at apologizing with her little "people" (are they worry dolls or ??).  That seemed very genuine and pretty cute.

Thank you so much WILLOWSMOM and BEESKNEES,  I don't usually spill my stuff but this episode hit too close to home, and to add weird to weirder, my brother's name was Tommy. Except he was the total opposite of MJ's Tommy when it comes to cleaning up, that place would have been spotless. 

Back on topic, MJ needs a better support system around her, her mother is useless and acts nothing like a Mother should act when her daughter is about to lose her Father, regardless of how Vida feels about her ex, MJ. Vida is going to find herself alone when all is said and done. Well, she deserves to end up alone IMO, but MJ is so hungry for love she may put up with Vida's shit anyway.

And total agreement about Reza making it all about him, I used to like him a lot but every season he becomes more and more intolerable. 

I hope GG doesn't go off the rails this season, she seems to be sincere when it comes to working on her anger issues, but I think she'd do a lot better if she wasn't on television.

 

7 hours ago, glowbug said:

I'm in the minority but I think Asa is being insensitive to MJ's feelings. This in no way justifies MJ's awful behavior but Asa does seem to be rubbing it in MJ's face a little. I'm aware I'm bringing my own experience with infertility into this situation. I had trouble getting pregnant the first time and every time a friend of mine announced they were pregnant it was like a stab to the heart. I was happy for them, of course, (which MJ clearly isn't) but it didn't stop me from being sad for myself and jealous. I know MJ might not be infertile but given her age it's likely she'll have trouble and it may not happen for her (thankfully, because I think she's emotionally damaged in ways that would be detrimental to a child). I know MJ has been awful to Asa and the two are not friends but there are some topics that I feel people should be sensitive to regardless of how you feel about the other person, and infertility (or inability to have kids due to life situation) is one of them.

That said, MJ is behaving horribly. If she was simply questioning Asa about how the baby might change her relationship with the father that would be one thing (I, too, would wonder if they were planning on getting married and/or moving in together), but MJ was being judgmental and hounding Asa with her questions. She moved past inquizitive and was being intrusive. 

On the other hand, I do think MJ and Mike have a point about Asa being guarded with her personal life but expecting others to be open and honest. If Asa wasn't on a reality show it wouldn't be anyone's business but she agreed to be on the show. The baby didn't choose to be on the show, nor did the baby's father so I don't have a problem with them being kept off screen but I do think Asa should be willing to be honest about that part of her life. And she certainly shouldn't be going after anyone else for not wanting to reveal everything on camera either. 

Lastly, her views on vaccinations are irresponsible, ignorant and make me think less of her. Vaccines are safe, effective and not toxic. By refusing to vaccinate her child she not only puts him in danger of getting some horrible preventable disease that at best will put him through unnecessary pain and at worst kill him, but she also endangers other people as well. Children who are too young to be vaccinated, the small percentage of people who do not aquire immunity despite being vaccinated and those who are immunocompromised are affected by her decision. While I usually try not to judge parents for their parenting decisions, the decision whether or not to vaccinate can harm others and is therefore fair game, IMO. 

Yes to all of this! I'm so tired of Asa. She signed up for a reality show, not a reality-when-she-wants-reality show. If her boyfriend/father of her child didn't want to be involved in the show then maybe she shouldn't be on the show when her storyline this season is her baby, jmo but I hate when they pick and choose what they want us to see, it doesn't seem right that everyone else shows their ugly while Asa tries to portray herself as an angelic know-it-all. And if she doesn't want to vaccinate her child that's her right, but she shouldn't use a reality show to spew her views, as you said, totally irresponsible.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Don't we all have an Assa in our lives? You know, the one who is too cool & above it all? You get all excited about the latest episode of Game of Thrones (or Married to Medicine) & they're all like "I don't watch tv & I only listen to NPR." Bitch, please.

I also feel that GG is sincere in her efforts, none of them are THAT good of an actor.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Rahul said:

I hate Reza with the fire of 1000 burning suns. I admit he may have felt terrible seeing MJ's father so frail and incapacitated at the rehab facility, but I also believe he was hamming up the histrionics for the cameras. Meanwhile, the emotion on MJ's face was so genuine that I feel cameras really should not have been there to film. Compare that to the petty drama this show is notorious for and it's easy to see the juxtaposition.

I don't for a second believe the Shahs did not know about Asa's pregnancy. I was rolling my eyes when GG told Asa she looked like she'd lost weight while she was floating in the pool. My mind flashed to a conversation these two might have had over the phone discussing filming of this very scene the night before, and wouldn't it be funny if GG acted oblivious to Asa's very apparent weight gain? I believe much of the drama we see is staged.

That being said, I can believe GG hasn't seen Reza in about a year. He's a vile piece of garbage and while she's no saint, the only thing motivating these two to be in a room together is their paycheck from Bravo.

Never been a fan of the guy either! Poor MJ has been abused to no end by him and she keeps forgiving all he does to her because she can't survive without his approval! I still remember from very early on, probably in S1, Reza going into her purse, pulling out her driver's license, and made a big deal of her age with the entire group! Then at the reunion while still in a Jihad with her, he vilified her reputation making up all kinds of stories about embezzlement and bank fraud! He's a vile, disgusting creature, but TBH, all these people are vying for the title! The self-indulgence is nauseating and GG being part of the group just makes them more dysfunctional! The excessive drinking would have me running! On the show, in just the time for an episode, these people have imbibed more than I have in a couple years! It's just never been my life's blood and it's more a social thing so people won't be so uncomfortable! It's like coffee at the office; if it's there I'll drink it, but out of sight, out of mind, I can do without the caffeine like those empty calories in booze! ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Then at the reunion while still in a Jihad with her, he vilified her reputation making up all kinds of stories about embezzlement and bank fraud!

MJ has admitted to the bank fraud.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Willowsmom said:

MJ has admitted to the bank fraud.

So it's ok to call her out on Nat'l TV and still be called a "best bud?" Call me small, but we would be done! That was vindictive and out of control! It was meant to hurt; not inform or intervene! ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 10:42 AM, WireWrap said:

If I have made a mistake about your culture, I apologize and I was not trying to generalize about or lump all people from the Middle East either. I was speaking about the mind set (extreme example)  of a few from that part of the world, not all of them, just a few. Nonetheless, even Mike said that him marrying a "white woman" was not accepted by all in their Persian community in LA. 

Mike is misinformed.  Iranians are classified as Caucasian. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Never been a fan of the guy either! Poor MJ has been abused to no end by him and she keeps forgiving all he does to her because she can't survive without his approval! I still remember from very early on, probably in S1, Reza going into her purse, pulling out her driver's license, and made a big deal of her age with the entire group! Then at the reunion while still in a Jihad with her, he vilified her reputation making up all kinds of stories about embezzlement and bank fraud! He's a vile, disgusting creature, but TBH, all these people are vying for the title! The self-indulgence is nauseating and GG being part of the group just makes them more dysfunctional! The excessive drinking would have me running! On the show, in just the time for an episode, these people have imbibed more than I have in a couple years! It's just never been my life's blood and it's more a social thing so people won't be so uncomfortable! It's like coffee at the office; if it's there I'll drink it, but out of sight, out of mind, I can do without the caffeine like those empty calories in booze! ;-)

She did commit the fraud but yes Reza was vile to her that season. I also remember when they went to Mexico on vacation and it wasn't just her licence they got nosey about it was also the medications in her bag. I think they were all prescriptions but everybody seemed to be taking her to task.

Edited by Giselle
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

Mike is misinformed.  Iranians are classified as Caucasian. 

I understand that way of thinking though - I am Hispanic, mostly Mexican heritage, and my mom will talk about how my brothers and I all married "white people".

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Giselle said:

She did commit the fraud but yes Reza was vile to her that season. I also remember when they went to Mexico on vacation and it wasn't just her licence they got nosey about it was also the medications in her bag. I think they were all prescriptions but everybody seemed to be taking her to task.

Asa was involved with the snooping/attacks on MJ alongside Reza that season. It was Reza, Asa, Mike and Lilly going after MJ about "drugs/pills". Yes, Reza led that pack but all of them went in on her. Each season it seems that Reza picks the target with Asa as his main supporter and the rest of them go along with his attack, the only one he has not gone after is Asa and I suspect it is because of JJ and his family's connections/power. I am surprised that Mike/MJ are attempting to go after her this season, especially since she is pregnant. Don't they realize this will only backfire on them with the viewers and that none of the rest, R/S/GG, will side with them? Stupid move IMO. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

Mike is misinformed.  Iranians are classified as Caucasian. 

He is not alone, Reza does this as well. IMO, He does not consider himself "white", in fact, although I could be wrong, none of them have ever corrected Reza when his makes his "white people" comments, so I don't think any of them consider themselves to be "white".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 9:51 AM, ghertigirl said:

    And no, just to clear it up, once and for all, we do not own camels either.

Speak for yourself. ?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Don't we all have an Assa in our lives? You know, the one who is too cool & above it all? You get all excited about the latest episode of Game of Thrones (or Married to Medicine) & they're all like "I don't watch tv & I only listen to NPR." Bitch, please.

I also feel that GG is sincere in her efforts, none of them are THAT good of an actor.

I got about 3 Asa girlfriends in my life.  Super obnoxious and emotionally exhausting!  Small doses, small doses ...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

So it's ok to call her out on Nat'l TV and still be called a "best bud?" Call me small, but we would be done! That was vindictive and out of control! It was meant to hurt; not inform or intervene! ;-)

You said the stories were false, made up. All I said was that it was true. I think this whole group would sell each other by the pound for attention. It's sad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

According to government classification, anyone of middle eastern descent (Persians, Arabs and, I believe, North Africans) are considered caucasian, however, ethnically they are distinct from caucasians and should be their own ethnic/racial group given that they are not considered white or caucasian in terms of privilege or discrimination. They are profiled because of their skin color, especially if they are also Muslim. All of the Persians I know don't think of themselves as white and don't think they should be considered caucasian on government forms either. Come to think of it, none of my caucasian friends think of Persians as white either.

Edited by glowbug
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But what she did was accidentally run into him, I was upset that she had to grovel for an accident. She also said she never intended to hurt him which given that it was an accident I don't know what more she could say.

She also did say she was sorry for saying that she had seen the sex tape which was also taking responsibility for her part in that.

Oh, I didn't realize that it was an accident. I thought that she intentionally scratched him. I haven't seen that scene since it happened. I'm sure they showed a clip of it on Sunday, but I wasn't paying attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SimonSeymour said:

Oh, I didn't realize that it was an accident. I thought that she intentionally scratched him. I haven't seen that scene since it happened. I'm sure they showed a clip of it on Sunday, but I wasn't paying attention. 

Yeah the showed it a few times on Sunday which I was glad about because by the way Reza and ADAM were carrying on about her "assault" on Adam I thought I was mis-remembering. She takes off after Reza when she learns about the fake apology notes he sent to everyone and Adam happens to be standing outside on the sidewalk and she literally runs into him quickly moves past him and than Shervin or Mike grabs her before she gets to Reza. It's too bad she didn't catch up with Reza and actually assault his smug ass.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think anyones partner has to a duty to be on a tv show just because their partner is. If I want to keep my life private but my BF goes on a reality show that sure doesn't mean I have to open up my entire life for the entire world to see! He can go on but leave me out of it! So Asa being private about her BF is her own business. She signed the contract not him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I don't think anyones partner has to a duty to be on a tv show just because their partner is. If I want to keep my life private but my BF goes on a reality show that sure doesn't mean I have to open up my entire life for the entire world to see! He can go on but leave me out of it! So Asa being private about her BF is her own business. She signed the contract not him. 

That is very true but then Asa shouldn't be calling out the others when they don't want to share things in their private lives either, which she did at the last reunion. Really, she can't have it both ways, keep a large part of her life off camera but then demand the others expose/share all of theirs. LOL

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That is very true but then Asa shouldn't be calling out the others when they don't want to share things in their private lives either, which she did at the last reunion. Really, she can't have it both ways, keep a large part of her life off camera but then demand the others expose/share all of theirs. LOL

Exactly! As Zen and level-headed as ASA loves to come off, she's just as hypocritical and loony as the rest! She really disappointed me with her attacks on others for not being transparent last season, esp. MJ, but at the same time definitely hiding aspects of her life! She's FOS! ;-)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Exactly! As Zen and level-headed as ASA loves to come off, she's just as hypocritical and loony as the rest! She really disappointed me with her attacks on others for not being transparent last season, esp. MJ, but at the same time definitely hiding aspects of her life! She's FOS! ;-)

Asa lost me a few seasons ago because she had no problems helping Reza attack others. She actually helps him do it and she does it willingly IMO. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Asa lost me a few seasons ago because she had no problems helping Reza attack others. She actually helps him do it and she does it willingly IMO. 

I wouldn't have a friend like Reza in my circle! He's the worst backstabber, sidles up to people to get all the Tea, then abuses them later with that info! Remember Lilly was "his girl," but after her attacks on MJ, usually in retaliation BTW, he sided with MJ in the end! I still laugh (I know it's terrible) from a couple seasons ago as most of the gang is out getting wasted and having a great time while Lilly was excommunicated and went home to her dog, ordering take out, going through her beauty regimen, making a few calls, then going to bed early cuddling with the mutt! "That "Black AMEX" ain't talking to you and can't keep you warm LILLY!" I know it was probably editing made to look like that, but that's how it is with this group! Someone is usually on "the outs," and they are disinvited on trips and occasions; sorta like MJ cutting Asa out of Reza bachelor party! That was huge and it took a while for them to even come close to being on the same track! Reza went about his business not caring how that whole drama stepped off! "Stop asking me about the bachelor party; it was a secret!" lol! There's still tension with Asa and MJ who has more reason to be resentful now with the news of Asa pregnancy! Hiding it only made MJ's rant more credible, "my life is an open book; filet-o-fish!" ;-)

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I wouldn't have a friend like Reza in my circle! He's the worst backstabber, sidles up to people to get all the Tea, then abuses them later with that info! Remember Lilly was "his girl," but after her attacks on MJ, usually in retaliation BTW, he sided with MJ in the end! I still laugh (I know it's terrible) from a couple seasons ago as most of the gang is out getting wasted and having a great time while Lilly was excommunicated and went home to her dog, ordering take out, going through her beauty regimen, making a few calls, then going to bed early cuddling with the mutt! "That "Black AMEX" ain't talking to you and can't keep you warm LILLY!" I know it was probably editing made to look like that, but that's how it is with this group! Someone is usually on "the outs," and they are disinvited on trips and occasions; sorta like MJ cutting Asa out of Reza bachelor party! That was huge and it took a while for them to even come close to being on the same track! Reza went about his business not caring how that whole drama stepped off! "Stop asking me about the bachelor party; it was a secret!" lol! There's still tension with Asa and MJ who has more reason to be resentful now with the news of Asa pregnancy! Hiding it only made MJ's rant more credible, "my life is an open book; filet-o-fish!" ;-)

It really is sickening how much Asa and MJ fight over that putrid blob of flesh with a mustache! Asa made me sick last season when she saw first hand GG getting treatment (chemo) for her RA but then not defend GG or tell Reza he was wrong, apologize and STFU! She, Asa, and MJ just do/say whatever he wants without question. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

This stuff with MJ& her dad was hard to watch. My dad passed unexpectedly in May.  I feel for her. MJ needs someone to show her how to dress for her body type. You can dress sexy at all sizes you just need to learn how to do it classy. MJ dresses like 10lbs of potatoes in a 5lb bag!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 1:13 AM, Giselle said:

GG was and is a mess but Reza provoked her wrath. That fucking hypocrite rode her hard last season. The night GG went off on Reza and Adam, Reza sent "mea culpa" letters to everybody that he wrote but signed them from GG.

I hate that fucker Reza. More than any of them. I will have schadenfreude when Karma bites him in the ass.

He is horrible. I dip in and out of this show, but saw this episode.  

Reza is hateful and cruel.  G. G. should have apologized for getting physical and lieing, but Reza needs to apologize for being a shitty person. 

M. J. should not be living on her mom's property. Her mom is too toxic. Also,  the jealousy stench is raw. 

Asa is hypocritical, yes,  but everyone of those bitches would have sold the story of her being pregnant. 

Mike is sleezy and gross. 

I'm tired of Reza always rooting for the worst to happen,  like him calling Sherman a cheater and all that. He wants everyone he knows to be less than him,  less happy,  less wealthy, less,  less. It's disgusting.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 10:41 AM, ExplainItAgain said:

It seems like it might be Shervin's turn this season. I wonder why he has never turned on Asa.

The Jackson connection. They are all fame/social climbers and even with how crazy everything about the Jackson's is, the are still entertainment royalty, especially compared to the Shah cast,  even a second generation Jackson. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 0:50 PM, WireWrap said:

I do not want to get into an argument about this but here is this article, https://www.quora.com/Are-there-honor-killings-in-Iran , which has nothing to do with any political party in this country. I apologize if you for upsetting you, I was not saying that all Persians/Middle Easterners practice this or believe in it. I used it as an extreme example of how Asa's pregnancy could be viewed by those in her community. Even Mike said that his marriage to a "white woman" was not accepted by everyone.

I just think its awkward all around to debate another person's culture with authority when they are telling you what you are saying is not true.

I grew up in SoCal,  which has a large Persian population and just about everyone I know is embarrassed to have the clowns represent them.  

Asa is a bit dingy, but I get the vibe that she keeps a bit of a distance so she's not associated with tackiness. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/26/2017 at 8:47 AM, DrSparkles said:

Don't we all have an Assa in our lives? You know, the one who is too cool & above it all? You get all excited about the latest episode of Game of Thrones (or Married to Medicine) & they're all like "I don't watch tv & I only listen to NPR." Bitch, please.

I also feel that GG is sincere in her efforts, none of them are THAT good of an actor.

I had an ex-boyfriend that got rid of his TV and liked to talk about it.  He was having me record crap for him to watch at my house.  That tidbit never made it into the conversations.

 

On 7/25/2017 at 10:14 PM, SimonSeymour said:

It seriously annoyed me that GG kept "apologizing" to Adam that she was sorry "about what happened to [him]." How about "I'm sorry for what I did TO you?"  Her "apology" is as insincere as saying "I apologize IF your feelings were hurt."

HUGH pet peeve of mine. That's a non-apology. She still doesn't take responsibility for what SHE DID!!

Agreed.  It was something that happened to him and not something she did according to her apology.  "I'm sorry that happened to you" is what you say about things not directly caused by your actions.  

 

On 7/26/2017 at 2:08 PM, WireWrap said:

Asa was involved with the snooping/attacks on MJ alongside Reza that season. It was Reza, Asa, Mike and Lilly going after MJ about "drugs/pills". Yes, Reza led that pack but all of them went in on her. Each season it seems that Reza picks the target with Asa as his main supporter and the rest of them go along with his attack, the only one he has not gone after is Asa and I suspect it is because of JJ and his family's connections/power. I am surprised that Mike/MJ are attempting to go after her this season, especially since she is pregnant. Don't they realize this will only backfire on them with the viewers and that none of the rest, R/S/GG, will side with them? Stupid move IMO. 

For me, Asa isn't any less fake and annoying because she managed to get pregnant.  

 

On 7/25/2017 at 10:37 PM, biakbiak said:

But what she did was accidentally run into him, I was upset that she had to grovel for an accident. She also said she never intended to hurt him which given that it was an accident I don't know what more she could say.

She also did say she was sorry for saying that she had seen the sex tape which was also taking responsibility for her part in that.

She didn't purposely run into him, but her reckless behavior still caused Adam to get hurt.  It isn't like she was just walking or even running like a normal person.  She had some crazy melt down that involved taking off her shoes and throwing her purse and was running around like a mad woman.  If I'm driving around like an asshole and doing donuts in the middle of the street and lose control of my car and end up parked in my neighbor's living room it's still my fault for behaving recklessly even if driving through his house wasn't my intention.

 

On 7/31/2017 at 1:57 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

He is horrible. I dip in and out of this show, but saw this episode.  

Reza is hateful and cruel.  G. G. should have apologized for getting physical and lieing, but Reza needs to apologize for being a shitty person. 

M. J. should not be living on her mom's property. Her mom is too toxic. Also,  the jealousy stench is raw. 

Asa is hypocritical, yes,  but everyone of those bitches would have sold the story of her being pregnant. 

Mike is sleezy and gross. 

I'm tired of Reza always rooting for the worst to happen,  like him calling Sherman a cheater and all that. He wants everyone he knows to be less than him,  less happy,  less wealthy, less,  less. It's disgusting.

I don't think MJ is living on her mom's property.  MJ owns several condos in that building.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 11:06 AM, WireWrap said:

I didn't say all Persian's but there have been news reports of "honor" killing in this country a number of time, just google them. 

From my experience with Persian Americans, both Muslim and Jewish, most are quite secular/modern, achieve prestigious degrees,  and not super religious at all, they are more about keeping up their cultural traditions. This holds true from my experience living in both NY and LA. Many emigrated here in the 70s before Iran became militantly religious. 

I think those "honor killings" happen in very rural areas of Iran, as a guess. I've heard of honor killings in the US from families of Afghan, Pakistan, and Somalia, but not Persian. Can any Persians on this site correct me if I am wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2017 at 5:11 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I just think its awkward all around to debate another person's culture with authority when they are telling you what you are saying is not true.

I grew up in SoCal,  which has a large Persian population and just about everyone I know is embarrassed to have the clowns represent them.  

Asa is a bit dingy, but I get the vibe that she keeps a bit of a distance so she's not associated with tackiness. 

Yes. I agree. All the Persians I have met in the US were usually secular.

I think that the issue with Mike's wife wasnt that she was "white" but that she was not born Jewish, did not come from a Jewish family, and had a BS Reform conversion that does not count by Jewish law ( has to be Orthodox conversion, which is VERY difficult to do.) Had Mike found himself a white girl by the name of Rachel Feldstein I dont think there would be any issue at all. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/1/2017 at 9:42 PM, Matias130 said:

Yes. I agree. All the Persians I have met in the US were usually secular.

I think that the issue with Mike's wife wasnt that she was "white" but that she was not born Jewish, did not come from a Jewish family, and had a BS Reform conversion that does not count by Jewish law ( has to be Orthodox conversion, which is VERY difficult to do.) Had Mike found himself a white girl by the name of Rachel Feldstein I dont think there would be any issue at all. 

I don't know that there ever was an issue with Jessica. She converted to Mike's satisfaction, learned how to make some Persian dishes, and was learning about Persian culture. Their marriage fell apart because Mike couldn't keep it in his pants. It's been discussed that he almost certainly fucked someone right before he proposed to Jessica and he's more or less admitted it (it might have been Laila). If Mike's mom is happy that he's no longer with Jessica, it's because his mother doesn't want to admit that her son is a cheating piece of shit. Mike could have married the perfect Persian Jewish woman. His marriage still would have collapsed and his mother would be saying shitty things about that woman too.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/26/2017 at 4:18 PM, Brooke0707 said:

Mike is misinformed.  Iranians are classified as Caucasian. 

I'm 1000% sure most American whites don't consider Iranians white.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

I'm 1000% sure most American whites don't consider Iranians white.

The couple I knew in college back in the 70's were definitely thought of as just one of many who had "color!" ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/8/2017 at 7:27 PM, Watermelon said:

I'm 1000% sure most American whites don't consider Iranians white.

Love your username! And yeah, I agree. Most American (and European) whites still mistake me (and I'm sure many many other Persians) for being Indian anyway. I just want to scream "WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME!" every time someone says something like that, but then their fragile egos would be butthurt ;) I even had one guy ask me, "are you Punjabi or Sikh?". Excuse me? 

I just put "Other" on those ethnicity surveys because I refuse to be lumped in as "White/Caucasian". If I didn't feel like a second class American citizen and felt I had just as much privilege, then maybe. Just kidding, I like having my own cultural identity. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/8/2017 at 10:27 PM, Watermelon said:

I'm 1000% sure most American whites don't consider Iranians white.

 

Most American whites aren't very knowledgeable on a variety of matters. White and Caucasian are not synonymous. Indians are also considered Caucasian, having migrated from the Central Asian Caucus/Eurasian Steppe.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2017 at 1:20 AM, HunterHunted said:

I don't know that there ever was an issue with Jessica. She converted to Mike's satisfaction, learned how to make some Persian dishes, and was learning about Persian culture. Their marriage fell apart because Mike couldn't keep it in his pants. It's been discussed that he almost certainly fucked someone right before he proposed to Jessica and he's more or less admitted it (it might have been Laila). If Mike's mom is happy that he's no longer with Jessica, it's because his mother doesn't want to admit that her son is a cheating piece of shit. Mike could have married the perfect Persian Jewish woman. His marriage still would have collapsed and his mother would be saying shitty things about that woman too.

Of course she would have shit - talked any woman that Mike cheated on and divorced. Jessica was an awesome daughter in law and EXTREMELY respectful to Mike's entire family, culture, traditions, and religion. But to an immigrant Jewish mama, she still wouldnt be considered as "Jewish", the conversion wasn't even valid, therefore Mike's children wouldnt really be Jewish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×