Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Judge Cuts 3

• Start Topic

preacher lawson is awful. they probably think hes the next eddie murphy.

that brother- sister act must be sleeping together. 

i dont understand diavilo. thats not dancing.

every golden buzzer is a singer.

bello nock will be allright. he was in ringling bros.

now mike the subway guy will have more money for metrocards.

• Love 1

I don't see how that incestuous roller skating duo can go any further with their act. I love that big guy who can really dance but I don't know what he can add either. 

• Love 4

I was disappointed that the "comedian", the dancer and the subway guy made it. I was happy that Diavilo and Jaime & Cersei did. I thought the twins magicians should have been selected.

Mini Celine is amazing but why only singers get the golden buzzer? 

Edited by Hook75
  • Love 7

I am sorry Simon, but the man with the saxaphone who sang(sorry can't remember his name), did not sing a Joe Cocker song...he sang a Beatles song that Joe Cocker covered. I really liked him and would certainly have liked him going through before the roller skating bro and sis, or the so called comedian Preacher.

• Love 6

Gee, how did I know that Celine would get the golden buzzer? I must be psychic.

Too many skips in too many shows. The pole dancer didn't step it up, I guess. I can't tell because we barely saw her act.

Last week was bad enough. I saw no improvements this episode. I'm done for this season. May the best sob singer win.

Edited by Meushell
  • Love 3

I was happy for Celine, Preacher and the dance group with the big set pieces.  I was surprised that Laverne didn't seem that into them, I thought they put on a pretty impressive little show in the 90 seconds or whatever they were given.

And I know they already have a bunch of little girl singers, but I thought the preteen country singer should've made it over the dancing guy.  He can certainly move (I'm 39 and I'm sure I'd break a hip attempting any of that) but it's just not a million dollar act.

• Love 4

Yes, another Golden Buzzer for a singer. They are all singers with the exception of Tyra's Golden Buzzer.

Since Seal is the guest judge next week, how much do you want to bet that his Golden Buzzer will be a singer? My money is on the woman who survived the plane crash. I could be wrong though. Last year Reba McIntyre (country singer) chose a contortionist/archer as her Golden Buzzer, so we'll see.

I will give the brother-sister act this: Their routine was good, but too uncomfortable to watch. I get a little squeamish watching those two perform like that. And why does the brother has to keep taking off his shirt? Is he's afraid of his sister getting caught on it (or her skates getting caught on it, or something like that)? Either way, I'm still a little creeped out by this act.

Sad that the twins didn't make it. But when I saw them in the montage, I'm like, "They're not going to make it through." The way AGT edits their Judge Cuts episodes sometimes makes it obvious who will get through, and (sometimes) who will get the Golden Buzzer.

As for the younger singer (the young lady who went before Celine, I forget her name. Country singer?) , I would take her over Grace Vanderwaal 2.0 who went through last week (no disrespect to her, and my heart does go out to her father and her with his battle).

Honestly, I'm not all that excited about the Live Shows (even though we do have some variety acts, besides the slew of singers that went through). I enjoyed last year's season lot more.

Oh by the way, Weren't Heidi and Tyra close friends at one point? Watching this season so far, I'd say Heidi and Mel seem closer than Heidi and Tyra are (or was?).

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 1

Ugh to Preacher and the skaters.  We were bored out of our minds by the skaters.  Oh look . . . they're spinning around in circles still . . . again . . . whatever, and she's hanging off him.  <if I knew how to do a "rolling eyes" emoticon I would insert one here)  Oh, and they are creepily incestuous-seeming as well.  Just what I look for in my entertainment.  :\  I didn't think Preacher was funny at all, but maybe I'm just too sensitive.  I don't like jokes at the expense of the disabled unless it's the disabled person laughing at themselves (like the kid with the stutter who I thought was hilarious).  I do like the dance group with the big set pieces, although a bit more dancing among the gymnastics would be nice.  Is it my imagination or does it seem like we have too darn many singers in the live shows?

Also, pet peeve that is not going away - acts from other countries that come here to audition.  I would like to see AGT reserved for U.S. citizens.  It seems like just about every country has an [insert country name here] Got Talent.  Let non-Americans audition in their native countries.  And no hopping from show to show to show hoping to win somewhere.

• Love 3

I don't think I missed any episodes, but I don't remember some of the acts they have shown and I feel like I missed an episode. 

I am always thinking, these little kids are great singers for twelve year olds, however, if they were 20 year olds singing like that, they would be mediocre.  Golden buzzer girl wasn't as good as some of the other golden buzzer girls. 

I wanted the guy who sang in different voices to go through. 

There were a lot of singers who have gone through. I assume they have found that marketing a singer is more profitable than marketing someone with other talents. They must be easier to exploit. 

• Love 3

Wow, talk about not agreeing with 90 percent of who judges put through. I hate the roller skaters ALMOST as much as the Mirror Image Douche Brothers. The sister is pretty "sex kitten" though, which would appeal to a male audience. The bearded bare-chested brother, though, is nothing but gross IMO. I'm thinking this show could be renamed America's Got Singers With Some Other Acts Tossed In. And I do feel sorry for Bello, he's out of a job since Ringling shut down. Maybe he should work on his singing voice and come back next year. I mean, if Puddles can make it through, there's room for another singing clown, right?

• Love 4

This show is just garbage piling on top of more garbage.

Oh look, another kiddie singer gets the Golden buzzer. Yippee.

The Old Guy Singer with the Saxophone was more deserving than almost everybody who advanced and yet I knew from second one he was set up to be fodder for the Subway guy.

A Dancing Fat Guy. Whoohoo! The giant group that "dances" on props? Yeah how many different ways can they have a random group member race up to the top and then dive (or fall) of the back?

I swear Preacher is ripping some of his material from other established comedians.

The less said about the rollerskating brother/sister duo, the better. I'm also down with the idea if you've performed on another country's Got Talent, that should be it. You shouldn't be able to be a mercenary like the Regurgitator guy who competed on like 5 different countries version of the show. It's also weird that Simon even gets to judge them given his familiarity with them from their run on Britain's Got Talent.

I would have taken the young country singer over almost all the other kiddie/tween/teen singers that they've already advanced....

So after next week we'll have 28 acts remaining. How will it break down from that point? It feels like we have to get a few WCs. Maybe we need two to end up with 30 (3 groups of 10) or maybe even eight to end up with 36 (three groups of 12). But that's just pure speculation on my part.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 3

If Preacher is stealing material, he needs to rip off something that's actually funny. He didn't even make me smile while MelB was holding her face, it hurt so much from laughing. Different strokes, I guess. I don't mind acts from other countries competing, but I DO MIND Simon acting like he's never seen them before, like the roller skaters, when they were on BGT, which he owns and (maybe?) judges? (not sure). Just let the audience know, hey, you came in fifth on Romania's Got Talent, so good luck here guys. And I have a solution for Bello: Have his daughter audition as a singer next season, with the sad and tragic backstory that her dad used to be a Ringling Bros. clown, but the circus folded, Bello became suicidal and had to be hospitalized, the family is now destitute and homeless. That's Golden Buzzer stuff!

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

If Preacher is stealing material, he needs to rip off something that's actually funny. He didn't even make me smile while MelB was holding her face, it hurt so much from laughing. Different strokes, I guess. I don't mind acts from other countries competing, but I DO MIND Simon acting like he's never seen them before, like the roller skaters, when they were on BGT, which he owns and (maybe?) judges? (not sure). Just let the audience know, hey, you came in fifth on Romania's Got Talent, so good luck here guys. And I have a solution for Bello: Have his daughter audition as a singer next season, with the sad and tragic backstory that her dad used to be a Ringling Bros. clown, but the circus folded, Bello became suicidal and had to be hospitalized, the family is now destitute and homeless. That's Golden Buzzer stuff!

Actually when the Roller Skaters first auditioned Simon did mention to the rest of the judges that they had performed on BGT and he had liked them.

• Love 1

I knew there was no way Simon would let the roller skaters be sent home since they had performed on BGT which yeah I think he owns and judges or used to judge on. Little Celine is adorable and yes she can sing, but I agree on why the golden buzzer only seems to get used for singers. Also, just a pet peeve of mine, but not a fan of little girls singing mature songs. No, I don't think they should sing Twinkle Twinkle or whatever either. Of course she's singing in the style of her namesake so I guess there's not much choice because she wants to sing the big power love ballads, unless she sings more pop type stuff. Curious to see what she does going forward.

• Love 2

how did that French guy get all those people in his group?maybe its some weird cult. next time they come on they will be jumping off something else. they should be called acrobats.

that robot dance group can dance circles around the heavy guy.

the heavy guy reminds me of rerun on whats happening?

• Love 3

It feels like we have to get a few WCs.

I'm old, what's WC? I know it frequently means water closet because I do miniatures and some old houses don't have toilets, they have WCs.

To the show, I don't care for the roller skaters, in the 60s, my parents were part of an exhibition square dance group on roller skates, they didn't do lifts or all that spinning or the head banger routine, I could hardly watch that. 

I like Bello Nock and I wonder if Sarasota is a place that could attract enough tourists that they could have a venue that could support all the retired Ringling Brothers acts. And I meant to edit, not quote myself, I still cannot figure out how to get rid of quote boxes that I don't want, even though a kind person in another thread gave me directions.

1 minute ago, friendperidot said:

I'm old, what's WC? I know it frequently means water closet because I do miniatures and some old houses don't have toilets, they have WCs.

To the show, I don't care for the roller skaters, in the 60s, my parents were part of an exhibition square dance group on roller skates, they didn't do lifts or all that spinning or the head banger routine, I could hardly watch that. 

I like Bello Nock and I wonder if Sarasota is a place that could attract enough tourists that they could have a venue that could support all the retired Ringling Brothers acts. Edited because I would really like to take scissors to those few hairs that stood above the rest of his flattop.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 1

The creepy incestuous roller skaters are really good at what they do. And to be honest, I think the fact that they are creepy and incestuous adds to their act. I find them fascinating as human beings.

A human cannonball over a helicopter is quite a spectacle. Did he really get cut? (I only watch Youtube videos, which don't include decisions or even judging usually) Nock seems like the rare circus performer who really could bring something new to the table every time he appears, or to "step it up" as the judges tend to demand to my continued annoyance.

The dance/acrobat group with the huge props seems like a kind of act that is cool to watch live but doesn't translate to television. With the way the show is edited, I continuously felt like I was missing something elsewhere on the stage.

Not much else to comment on. It's still a really weak field of competitors.

• Love 1

WC= wild card.

Since Seal is the guest judge next week, how much do you want to bet that his Golden Buzzer will be a singer? My money is on the woman who survived the plane crash.

yes!

• Love 1

I just watched AGT's Best of Auditions. Okay, so there was nothing else on. But it struck me how many acts we either haven't seen again yet or got skipped over or I had just plain forgotten they auditioned. They showed all the Golden Buzzers so really drove home the Singers Rule thing. I'd rather GB the French acrobat/dancer troupe or ... dare I say it ... Bello! And hey, that's a good idea for a circus show to open in Sarasota, Circus World, like Sea World, with circus acts appearing throughout the day. I'm still irked about the roller skaters since Nicole Scherzinger was able to do that same routine, including the head-swing-almost-hitting-the-floor (but minus the gross beard grab) after a few days of practicing on "I Can Do That" a few years ago.

• Love 1

Here's the Skating Aratas from six years ago. They have a Vegas show so it's not like the England bro/sis are "unique." If the AGT skating brother looked like the Arata man, I'd be all about them continuing on, no complaints. Yes, I'm shallow! (I can't do links, so this is a cut-and-paste.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6NTq6Cjv0

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Meushell said:

Gee, how did I know that Celine would get the golden buzzer? I must be psychic.

Yeah, the moment she walked on the stage I said to myself, Golden Buzzer. That's how freakin' predictable this show is. Has every GB this year gone to a young girl singer (with or without sob story). The guest judges seem to especially like the idea of being the kindly benefactor of one of these moppets.

The mini-Celine Dionne and her parents creep me out, and in the "backstage" segment when she was saying to that 12 year old, "you've got this, don't be nervous," it hit me that her parents have already aged her well beyond her years.

And speaking of age, why all the drama about a 12 year old being eliminated? "Keep singing, don't give up." Really, a 12 year is going to give up because she didn't make the live shows on AGT? And when she said, "my career isn't over," I thought to myself, "what career?"

Was sorry to see the French twins montaged, because it meant they weren't going through, and their audition was one of my favorite of the season.

I liked subway singer Mike the first time, but this was just terrible. His showboating was over-the-top, so completely different from the sweet, natural soul voice we heard in his audition. I be someone told him he needed to "step it up" to impress the judges. Sadly, they were right. If he sang that way on the subway, everyone would move to the other end of the car.

Preacher is talented, but his act feels like he's working from a computerized composite of every successful young black comedian. And my personal taste is not for comedians who act like they're completely confident everything they do is hilarious. Let the audience decide that.

Not sure why people see the incest vibe with the brother-singer roller skating act. We've seen brother-sister dance and acrobatic teams. It makes total sense that siblings who grew up performing together would want to continue to work together, rather than try to find a new partner. Yes, the woman is really hot, but that doesn't mean the guy sees her as anything other than his sister.

And I thought their act was amazing. We see so many acts who that what they're doing is dangerous, even potentially lethal, and it just feels like part of their patter. But that woman's head was inches (if that) from hitting the floor on every rotation, and at a speed that would've caused major head trauma. With Bella Knock, on the other hand, I never felt like he was in any kind of danger.

Totally don't get why the judges like the big dancing dude so much. For me it was one-time novelty act, a fun surprise because it wasn't what we expected. But the surprise is gone, and truthfully he's not  a good dancer. My sense is that by putting him through the judges are trying to make some kind of statement. But I'm not sure about what.

Edited by bluepiano

I was disappointed Herbie Russ (who sang Joe Cocker-style The Beatles' "With A Little Help From My Friends") didn't get through.  I would take him any day over the GB Celine Dion wannabe.

The thing I found creepy about Billy and Emily (rollerskating duo) was the beard thing.  Extra creepy points for having to sweep up the torn out beard hairs.  Eeek.

Edited by CelticBlackCat
Corrected to "torn" out beard.
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I don't mind acts from other countries competing, but I DO MIND Simon acting like he's never seen them before, like the roller skaters, when they were on BGT, which he owns and (maybe?) judges? (not sure).!

The skaters are the one act that they actually did bother mentioning that they were on another version of the show.

People can say what they want about the skaters being weird and incestuous, but they're easily one of the most talented acts on the show this year, and they absolutely deserved to advance. No question.

But dear lord, another singing kid gets the golden buzzer. Can we just get rid of the GB already? It's ridiculous at this point.

This week was way better than last week, but I didn't like that Oscar made it through. I didn't get that at all. He's fun I guess but he was more entertaining the first time and he's not that great. I can't see him getting anywhere in the live shows. I was stunned when he and the dance crew both made it. I would've put Daniel Ferguson through over either of them. That's really my only gripe about the judge's decisions this week. Well that and my poor Five Alive, but they probably didn't deserve to go through, lol.

5 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I like Bello Nock and I wonder if Sarasota is a place that could attract enough tourists that they could have a venue that could support all the retired Ringling Brothers acts.

I lived in Sarasota from 1970 until a year ago. It really is a circus town but believe it or not, Venice, which is south of Sarasota was the winter home of the Ringling Brothers circus for many, many years. I am including a link(dated 2010 so it is a little out of date) about the Ringling Museum which includes a circus museum. One neat thing in town is the Sailor Circus which is put on by Sarasota High School but open to anyone who can perform. It is unbelievable what these kids can do...it has been going on since before I moved to Sarasota.  So all in all, there is still a lot of circus in Sarasota and many of the circus families still live there like the Wallenda's. Of course, Nik(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nik_Wallenda) is pretty famous for some of his recent walks...remember Niagara Falls?

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2010/10/once_home_to_the_famed_ringlin.html

The original family that was fired out of a cannon was the Zacchini family. I actually met some of them when I was working at the hospital..it is a dangerous job! Believe it or not, I have never heard of Bello Nock before AGT.

https://news.google.ca/newspapers?id=QPccAAAAIBAJ&sjid=p3sEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5725,287006&dq=ildebrando-zacchini&hl=en

Guess this is enough circus stuff for one post!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Here's the Skating Aratas from six years ago. They have a Vegas show so it's not like the England bro/sis are "unique." If the AGT skating brother looked like the Arata man, I'd be all about them continuing on, no complaints. Yes, I'm shallow! (I can't do links, so this is a cut-and-paste.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6NTq6Cjv0

The guy in that video is their older brother.

13 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

I was disappointed Herbie Russ (who sang Joe Cocker-style The Beatles' "With A Little Help From My Friends") didn't get through.  I would take him any day over the GB Celine Dion wannabe.

The thing I found creepy about Billy and Emily (rollerskating duo) was the beard thing.  Extra creepy points for having to sweep up the town out beard hairs.  Eeek.

Simon was right. He did an imitation of Joe Cocker's version of the song, like something you'd see at a "Legends of Rock" tribute show.  I couldn't tell you if Herbie can sing or not, because I didn't hear him sing as himself. It was a bad choice of song, and then a worse choice to sing it like Cocker and not show any personal style.

18 hours ago, CrashTextDummie said:

A human cannonball over a helicopter is quite a spectacle. Did he really get cut?

When he said he'd be shot out a canon "over a helicopter" I pictured the helicopter as hovering in the air. Was that thing even off the ground? The helicopter was a complete non-factor. He might as well have been shot over a parked Mini Cooper.

23 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

A Dancing Fat Guy. Whoohoo!

A good example of the judge's inconsistency and hypocrisy is how negative and even rude they were to the limbo dancer, after they loved her initial audition. Yes, she was basically doing the same thing, but it still takes amazing skill. While the dancing dude jumped around and wiggled his butt at the camera the first time, then came back and jumped around and wiggled his butt at the camera some more, and the judges said he "really stepped it up." The only thing different was that he hiad some back-up dancers in skimpy outfits, but his dancing was the same. This business of "stepping it up" is a joke. It's just what they use to keep or cut the people they like.

Not looking forward to the steady parade of singers, mostly little girls, in the live shows. When America's voting the "cuteness" factor becomes really hard to overcome. (Witness Grace Van Der Waal). We could end up with a final of mini-Celine vs. kidney transplant girl. Yikes.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, parrotlover said:

Also, just a pet peeve of mine, but not a fan of little girls singing mature songs. No, I don't think they should sing Twinkle Twinkle or whatever either. Of course she's singing in the style of her namesake so I guess there's not much choice because she wants to sing the big power love ballads, unless she sings more pop type stuff.

I agree with this so much.  For me and the hubby, this was the big reason we thought she shouldn't go through. Yes, she has pipes.  No doubt about that.  And she's adorable.  *But* she has no real concept of what she's singing, so the emotion is totally missing from the songs she's chosen.  And it's the emotion that we connect with in a song.  So it was a technically good but ultimately sterile performance.  I wish the judges would have the guts to tell these young singers that either they'll put them through this time but they need to pick a different type of song or tell them they want to see them come back in a few years when they can connect to the emotions of the songs they're singing. 

• Love 8

Thank you LadyMustang! You said it so much better than I did. That is my issue completely - you're 9 years old signing about lost love! Unless you're singing about your dead goldfish, there's no emotional connection with the lyrics. But the judges will never tell kids anything that might come across as negative it seems. The other song that always gets sung in all of these talent competition shows that let kids perform is "And I'm Telling You, I'm Not Going" which is one of my favorite songs of all time, and it totally sets me off to see someone still n elementary school sing that one!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, parrotlover said:

9 years old signing about lost love! Unless you're singing about your dead goldfish, there's no emotional connection with the lyrics.

<lol>  Love this!  :)  And I agree with the rest of it as well.

Edited by LadyMustang65
  • Love 3

When he said he'd be shot out a canon "over a helicopter" I pictured the helicopter as hovering in the air. Was that thing even off the ground? The helicopter was a complete non-factor. He might as well have been shot over a parked Mini Cooper.

Although I'd have liked to see the helicopter take off as well (or take off higher). the spinning blades and air movement were what made that more dangerous.  The problem was that it didn't look dangerous (at least not on TV), but I've got to give Bello credit for doing what he said.  I'd have sent him forward for that, and I wish him luck.

• Love 2

I liked this episode, I thought it was a huge improvement from last week. I agreed with the judges for the first time. I think there's a couple of acts (Sax guy, voices guy) that could be wild cards. I don't watch OITNB so I wasn't familiar with Laverne Cox but I really enjoyed her. Save for the golden buzzer going to another young singer. 

The dancer/choreographer surprised me the most. I didn't care for his first audition but he impressed me this round, very smart to bring dancers with him. 

11 hours ago, parrotlover said:

That is my issue completely - you're 9 years old signing about lost love! Unless you're singing about your dead goldfish, there's no emotional connection with the lyrics.

This!  Or singing about how hot you are like "Girl on Fire."  Underage sexualization should be discouraged.

• Love 1

I truly felt for the Korean magician.  His dialect killed him.  His presentation was very good, as were his tricks.  It was simply difficult to discern his spoken words.

It's a travesty that alleged comedian Lawson (?) got through.

Diovalo ain't no amatuer act.  Not with all that hardware.  I'd certainly watch a battle of the Cirque acts.  It would be a heckuva contest.  But, I resent that a Diovalo is jidged on the same platform as, say, any given dance troupe.

The tonality and clarity of the GB girl was astounding.  Sure, she is young.  Yet the purity of her singing is incredible.  What pipes she has.

I would never have put him through, but I enjoyed the heck out of the goofy glam rocker.  Hey!  I know!  Give him Tyra's gig!!!!!!

• Love 1

I really would have loved for the French twins and Jeki Yoo to go through. I agree with everybody else, wayyy too many singers this season, definitely more than normal, which is saying something. Didn't these shows get the message that we were bored with all singers when American Idol's ratings went in the toilet?

The way they handled that twelve-year-old with the guitar was how I wish they'd handle all the kid singers. You're very talented, and you should keep working at what you're doing, but it's not the right time for you here. I'm glad they didn't put her through, not because she's untalented or even because she's yet another little white girl from Arkansas or wherever these carbon copy acts come from, but because she clearly was very overwhelmed by the whole thing and is not emotionally mature enough to handle that kind of pressure. She seemed very sweet but I got uncomfortable when she started crying after her performance. Those were not tears of joy, she was terrified.

And, yeah, of course, another cute little kid gets a golden buzzer. Laverne Cox was otherwise a delight as a judge ("Are you identical twins?" "Not anymore!"), and I don't even want to ding her for this because almost every other golden buzzer has been the same kind of act so it seems unfair to pick on her specifically for it.

Does anybody else get kind of uncomfortable when acts that are showered in praise at their first auditions get totally thrown under the bus at judge cuts? And I'm not talking about people who absolutely shit the bed in the second round, I'm talking about the people that are pretty much just as good the second time around and then get a weirdly cold reception from the judges. It happens at least once a judge cut episode and I hate it.

I want to enjoy the Englands but yeah, their weird incest vibe totally ruins it (and I'm really glad I'm not the only one who's picked up on it, for my own sanity). Why do they look at each other like that??? They're related!

• Love 2

I had to watch the brother-sister skaters behind a pillow. Cringey...

They don't do any of these cheesy-bad acts any good giving them a 'mercy yes' when you KNOW they'll never survive the cuts.

Unlike most of you, I felt zero sympathy for 99% of the acts that got cut because during Auditions I was yelling at the TV for them to quit saying yest to every damn body! It's giving them false hope.

Sorry but the twin magicians weren't that good. I enjoyed the Korean one but he also wasn't "live show good." He was funny , and every time he laughed, I laughed he's so cute, but not that great. I like it when even if I can figure out how you did it I'm still impressed. I wasn't impressed. By any of them.

I knew the fat guy dancer was getting through even though his routine was rough and he made a few mistakes. He's got "it" and he's got it in spades. He'll do well for himself afterwards.

Y'all know little Celine already won right? She's good. Really good. Not just little kid where'd that voice come from good, but She  can SANG good.

I hate daredevil acts. I'm not impressed at you risking your life. Really. Not. Find something else to do.

This season kinda blows because they put through waaaaaay too many mercy yes's in the first place, so there wasn't anything good to choose from in the second place.

Kinda makes me wonder if they have a quota. They have to have *this* many acts of *these* types for the judge's cuts episodes...cause 90% of who they said yes to sucked like a black hole.

• Love 1

Diavolo isn't amateur. They have a theater in L.A. and they tour. I feel like there should be a limit on the number of these mostly pro amateurs. It also seems like some of them do the show for cheap advertising.

I don't think Preacher is stealing material. He's just traveling well traveled ground and doing it not very inventively. Everyone does jokes about dating. Everyone does jokes about the person not meeting your expectations. Everyone does jokes about Bill Cosby now. The limp...maybe someone really funny like Patrice did a much much better version of that. More than anything, Preacher is not funny.

• Love 2

The way I feel about this season of AGT is the same about posting on this forum...Blah! Really, this is a very disappointing season thus far for me and we still have one more judges cuts next week! I'm so ready for the "live shows".

7. Oscar Hernandez - The guy can dance especially for a big guy. I'm thin and I couldn't move like that. Yet, he did the same thing this time but with backup dancers. The is a reason I don't like any type of dance act because these are "dead end acts", not much you can add. I wouldn't have put him through.

6. Preacher Lawson - I really don't care for comedians. I get all the jokes but I find myself with a straight face and my mind wondering. Lawson wasn't funny at all. He was trying to be a poor mans version of Eddie Murphy. Plus, I couldn't understand what he was saying. He needed to slow down. I laughed much more at The Singing Trump! Should not have gone through.

5. The Englands - I don't think I would like looking at my sister's crouch all the time...lol! It just looks weird. But even if they weren't related I wouldn't have passed them along. They didn't add anything new to their routine. Yes, the girls head was inches off the floor and that does strangely add some excitement to the routine but it was done before already. There is nothing else this couple...errr... I mean brother and sister act can do. Should've gone home!  

4. Mike Yung - The sax dude was better plain and simple! I think the subway story saved Yung's butt. I do think Yung is good enough to go through but the sax dude should've gone through also.

3. Brobots - I think the "real goal" of these dance troupes is to get noticed. If a miracle should happen and they win AGT, then that would be icing on the cake or a cherry on top or....you get the point! This troupe performed well but with similar dance routines I've seen other troupes perform, with the same style of music and with probably nothing else to add, I don't see this as a million dollar act. I wouldn't have put them through.

2. Diavolo - I call this group "the see-saw act" because of their first contraption they used with performers jumping off this thing. I like them although it looks at times that there is too much going on and people are coming out everywhere, jumping out every direction....lol! Even though I think they deserved to pass through the live shows, I'm still on the fence whether this act is worth a million dollars.

1. Celine Tam - Celine has some pipes! She can sing and she was the best of the night in my opinion. Celine deserves to go on through and will probably be among the top 5. Although I don't think I would pay to see her sing. I wouldn't mind taking a break from shopping at a mall and listening to her sing! I wouldn't mind if she was among 10 performers scheduled to appear in a Vegas show, but not the MAIN attraction! Still it was the right call to put her through.

So...I must be not paying attention to the entertainment world because when I saw this Laverne Cox I didn't know and still don't know who this is? Is she like a RuPaul (sp)? Is she a he/she still a he or a he dressing up like a she or a she with a mans voice? See? I'm confused again...lol!

I'm waiting for a show to come along that will have categories for the best singer, best dance troupe, best magician, best comedian, etc. I'm sure AGT will never changed its format.

Until next time....  

• Love 1
On 8/2/2017 at 1:53 PM, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

So after next week we'll have 28 acts remaining. How will it break down from that point? It feels like we have to get a few WCs. Maybe we need two to end up with 30 (3 groups of 10) or maybe even eight to end up with 36 (three groups of 12). But that's just pure speculation on my part.

Golden Buzzer when it first came out was supposed to be designed for acts that would otherwise not make it through and give one judge the power to put them through. So the dog act that simon begged for would be a good example, however, pretty quickly it turned into this shrine buzzer and has been used for an act to get like put in a shrine because they are so amazing.

There will actually be 33 acts remaining. 28 from judge cuts + 5 golden buzzers from auditions. So they probably up it to 36. That would be 3 WC. Brandon Rogers was still alive during the Judges cuts and with the group next week its possible he was chosen to be on the live shows so if thats the case someone will need to take his spot so that could be 4 WC even unless they just don't replace his spot in his memory or something not sure what they will do if he did make it through. 

This is the lineup for next week:

Artyon & Paige

Brandon Rogers

Britt Sassen

Danell Daymon & Greater Works

Elena & Sasha

German Cornejo Dance Company

Henry Richardson

Honeybeez

In The Stairwell

Johnny Manuel

Kechi Okwuchi 

Lost Legends

Maria Popazov

Merrick Hanna

Nick Uhas

Pompeyo Family Dogs

Sirqus Alfon

Veronica Gonzalez

Will Tsai

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rr2911 said:

So...I must be not paying attention to the entertainment world because when I saw this Laverne Cox I didn't know and still don't know who this is? Is she like a RuPaul

Laverne Cox is a very beautiful, talented transgender woman and actress.  RuPaul is a drag queen.  He makes appearances both in and out of drag and has been in acting roles as a man.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Laverne Cox is a very beautiful, talented transgender woman and actress.  RuPaul is a drag queen.  He makes appearances both in and out of drag and has been in acting roles as a man.

Ummm, ok.

• Love 1