Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiancé: What Now?

• Start Topic

On 5/13/2020 at 8:09 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was interesting that Jesse (why, why, why did TLC bring him back?)

This HAS to be the business of a female producer who is unattractive, with no self-esteem, and she YEARNS for the sickening fake-attention Jesse will pour over her during every conversation, meeting, etc.  He might even buy her a $10 gift occasionally (better yet, BRING something from Holland).  

There are enough weirdos out here; we don't need to see the same ones for five-six yseasons. Give us a break!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think Jesse's relationship was real. Producer set up. They needed him back to fill some time. The whole thing was over too quickly and there was not an ounce of chemistry between the two of them. It was a boring story and the girl was a terrible actress. 

ITA. The fact that Dutch Jesse is on a show about “what happens when Americans fall in love overseas” is ridiculous. It’s more like it’s TLC’s cheesy version of “The Bachelor” and we are going to be expected to follow him on various “blind dates” with women he has just met. There was no budding relationship with Bianca that had been started online, they had been communicating for a while and were finally meeting in person. I suspect the next date (and mark my words, there WILL be more) is also an actress from the same agency as Bianca and possibly Jesse himself. 

The “dates” are all set up by production. For some reason Sharp thinks Jesse is such a ratings booster that we’re all dying to see what happens to him in his search for love. It’s almost like a spin off within a spin off. 

I think it’s just as off the premise of the show as The Family Chantal’s shenanigans being featured on a show about 90 Day COUPLES self-quarantining.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 8:41 AM, magemaud said:

ITA. The fact that Dutch Jesse is on a show about “what happens when Americans fall in love overseas” is ridiculous. It’s more like it’s TLC’s cheesy version of “The Bachelor” and we are going to be expected to follow him on various “blind dates” with women he has just met. There was no budding relationship with Bianca that had been started online, they had been communicating for a while and were finally meeting in person. I suspect the next date (and mark my words, there WILL be more) is also an actress from the same agency as Bianca and possibly Jesse himself. 

The “dates” are all set up by production. For some reason Sharp thinks Jesse is such a ratings booster that we’re all dying to see what happens to him in his search for love. It’s almost like a spin off within a spin off. 

I think it’s just as off the premise of the show as The Family Chantal’s shenanigans being featured on a show about 90 Day COUPLES self-quarantining.  

Well said. I think they have to fill so many “90 Day” hours of content that now we have strange series-within-series like the “Catfish” style investigating with Yolanda and Williams (edit: I initially accidentally wrote “Brooks” as in RHOC; guess they are both filed under “plural names” and “trash TV” in my brain) “The Bachelor” with Jesse, and now the quarantine show, which reminds me of the terrible later seasons of “True Life” on MTV when people were way too aware of the cameras and it had lots the rawness and voyeuristic vibe that it had it its initial seasons in the ‘90s. Yet I still watch. With limits. No “Family Chantal” or quarantine show for me. I caught a few mins of the quarantine show that — of course — was dominated by Paula and a platinum blond haired Roooooos (btw wtf on that hair). No gracias. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
Williams not Crooks!
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2020 at 2:48 AM, Kangatush said:

Jesse is a douche nozzle.  You are completely right, they were already long distance, since Jesse is not American, He wants to be so badly, but nope, still Dutch.  Especially when Israel is even closer, and presumably cheaper to travel to, than New York.  

He's another Kardashian wanna be, and it seems to be low level working.  His parents might have gotten him the edge, they are eccentric enough for their own show.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, blubld43 said:

He's another Kardashian wanna be, and it seems to be low level working.  His parents might have gotten him the edge, they are eccentric enough for their own show.

He's trying to build a social media profile, Instagram followers, YouTube followers.  He was on that TLC show "Find Love Live" last night.  I didn't watch it but I saw a commercial advertising his appearance on the show.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

He's trying to build a social media profile, Instagram followers, YouTube followers.  He was on that TLC show "Find Love Live" last night.  I didn't watch it but I saw a commercial advertising his appearance on the show.

I had seen that he was going to be on it but I'm just not interested.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 10:41 AM, magemaud said:

I can't stand Jesse I hope I never see him again. If TLC thinks it's a ratings booster, they're nuts or DESPARATE. 

I liked when Cory was greeted by Evelyn, the dog was happier to see him than she was. He should just give up on her. Also when you 1st went down there they were lumbering in that horrible apartment with the kitchen outside it just was like so 3rd world. Then they showed her going to her family's house and it was a modern house with stainless steel appliances and granite   Countertops, I have a feeling  That's where Cory's money's  going.

Edited by antfitz
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10

Not much interesting in this latest episode, but I got a nice guffaw out of the moment with Anny patiently described her symptoms to Robert -- fatigue, puking IN THE MORNINGS -- to Robert, FATHER OF FIVE, and he stared at her blankly and replied, "I'm not sure what she's trying to say."

Tired and sick every morning? Wow, WHAT COULD IT BE?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, renatae said:

Let's all join in a dirge expressing our empathy for poor Laura, who was living in "paradise" until she became stuck there under quarantine. She is so woefully put upon.

What? No one?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 11:18 PM, antfitz said:

I liked when Cory was greeted by Evelyn, the dog was happier to see him than she was. He should just give up on her.

What is WRONG with him???   Perhaps a couple*shouldn't move to a beautiful, safe, isolated area with a small group of like-minded folks...and create an idyllic life for everyone.  Their "boy" is not prepared; he keeps waiting for Evil to become his Madonna.  Either that or there were cruel/horrid punishments in his formative years and he NEEDS to be mistreated.

I am not a psychiatrist but I saw one on television

*his parents (if an explanation is needed)

Edited by Kayz Opinion
Aesthetics (spacing).
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Call 1-800-Psychic!

Laura has found a 25 year old!!!  Wonders never cease to amaze me!

I know-- I was pondering that.  The thing is, when I think of people like Angela and BGLisa, Laura is a breath of fresh air. Maybe her 25 year old hottie has only seen women like Angela? 

Otherwise I cannot explain it. 

and yes, paradise and even got her dog there....and then stuck there. She's got the money for rent and to eat but no funds for the flight. Pity.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mayvenne said:

I know-- I was pondering that.  The thing is, when I think of people like Angela and BGLisa, Laura is a breath of fresh air. Maybe her 25 year old hottie has only seen women like Angela? 

Otherwise I cannot explain it. 

and yes, paradise and even got her dog there....and then stuck there. She's got the money for rent and to eat but no funds for the flight. Pity.

Maybe that’s why people don’t retire at 52.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I just fast forward through Corey and Evelyn as I just don't care and it's ALWAYS the same conversation/argument.  I love the observation above that her family's beautiful and modern home has been paid for by Corey.  That is so IT!

• Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I just fast forward through Corey and Evelyn as I just don't care and it's ALWAYS the same conversation/argument.  I love the observation above that her family's beautiful and modern home has been paid for by Corey.  That is so IT!

I could not agree more.  "Evelyn, will you marry me?"  "Cory, I don't want that type of life!"  "Evelyn, I have to rethink my future here in Equator."  "Cory, we need new furniture for the cocktail bar."  "That much?" Cory 100% reminds me of the guy who lost his virginity to someone at the age of 22 or 23 and can never/will never/is unable to get over her.  Ever.

Do not take a drink every time you hear cocktail bar.  You will be hammered in 20 minutes.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I missed live chat so I had to ask this on the episode thread. What the hell is Rebecca wearing? Are her breasts down around her waist? 

And Rachel, you knew you were going to be on television. Would it have hurt to brush your hair? 

382C8A0A-8A65-426F-8C0E-767321D6CE99.jpeg

9DA0EDC8-C6A5-439D-B2CE-8505A72BBB04.jpeg

• Love 3

"English Christmas in Lucy's Room" was so pretty, cute, and thoughtful.

Jon's family butting in about their future plans about children - gross as always on this show. Butt out, please.

Rebecca planning on having her daughter and her fiancé live with them - sounds like a plan for disaster. Not really liking her daughter and Micah sounds like a judgmental idiot. Soo mash uncool.

Robert was annoying me with his side eye at Anny about the possibility of pregnancy. He acts as if he made no contribution and it's all her fault, not his for not using protection. But it was cool when the doctor confirmed the pregnancy and he smiled. Maybe his cro magnon act is just that.

Evilyn just as annoying as ever, and who really is interested in David's hair transplant journey? I'd rather watch Annie cooking in her wok on the bedside stand.

Must we see Coltee again? 🤮

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kareem said:

David explains Memorial Day. Annie asks, “So they honor them with a BBQ?”.   Perfect. 

In my town they "honor them" by getting drunk at the beach.  Yesterday I saw with my own eyes:  an SUV driving down the strip with 3 12-14 year old boys sitting on the roof.  With their feet dangling through the moon roof.  Then about an hour later, a family of two parents and three kids, driving a golf cart while rocking it back and forth, heavily, on a busy main road.

On topic:  I can't believe this dumbass Rachel would even hint about more kids.  I guess she wants to go to full time crying.

I really enjoy Annie's observations of American culture.  She is also someone who has candidly stated that living in the U.S. is no golden ticket, I find her refreshingly honest.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

On topic:  I can't believe this dumbass Rachel would even hint about more kids.  I guess she wants to go to full time crying.

I agree - you just sat there, saying you just lost $11,000 and now you want ANOTHER baby?  Lucy is portrayed as quite a handful and you want to bring more noise into the household?

Like someone else said:  Why do these women pick overseas felons as a mate?  You could not do this on your own in the US?  They seem to think it is romantic or something......and it is NOT at all.  Lotta bills to pay, lots of time apart and please in all that his holy, stop telling your little one to call him dad.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I really enjoy Annie's observations of American culture.  She is also someone who has candidly stated that living in the U.S. is no golden ticket, I find her refreshingly honest.

The vegetable that looks like bamboo:  Asparagus.  That was cute, too.  

• Love 7

Corey grilling Raoul is not a good look. What do Raoul's "feelings" matter? Why does he think he can dictate what Raoul can and can't feel? Is Evilin so weak minded (well, she is a little lady after all...) that she'll cave to the strength of Raoul's feelings? And how many times does Corey have to sit down with Raoul and talk about this? It's exhausting. 

Rachel and Jon are a pair of idiots, the end. I just can't figure out what their endgame is. Rachel can't move to the UK because her older child's father won't permit it, no doubt. Convicted felon Jon won't be welcomed with open arms. What are they expecting? And now they're mewing about having another baby? I'll retire to Bedlam. 

Rebecca is just ridiculous and I cannot even with her. Zied will be gone in two years. Her daughter and son in law will be shitty to Zied from the moment he lands. And we'll find out that the HVAC in the Middle East is totally different from the HVAC in the US! I'm calling it right now. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

David explains Memorial Day. Annie asks, “So they honor them with a BBQ?”.   Perfect. 

I know, right?! In Thailand, on a day like that, Thai people would go to the temple and pray. But here, nope. We go to the beach and get drunk, because those who gave their lives did so so dumbass folk could BBQ wherever they like, even during a pandemic. Go 'Murica!

I just cannot understand what the fascination is from TLCs side about Yesse. I loved it though, when his crackpot mother seemed like she couldn't wait to get off the phone with him. "Okay so we'll talk in a few days then, bye Felicia! *click*"

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

I missed live chat so I had to ask this on the episode thread. What the hell is Rebecca wearing? Are her breasts down around her waist? 

And Rachel, you knew you were going to be on television. Would it have hurt to brush your hair? 

382C8A0A-8A65-426F-8C0E-767321D6CE99.jpeg

9DA0EDC8-C6A5-439D-B2CE-8505A72BBB04.jpeg

DERP! 😜

22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Corey grilling Raoul is not a good look. What do Raoul's "feelings" matter? Why does he think he can dictate what Raoul can and can't feel? Is Evilin so weak minded (well, she is a little lady after all...) that she'll cave to the strength of Raoul's feelings? And how many times does Corey have to sit down with Raoul and talk about this? It's exhausting. 

Rachel and Jon are a pair of idiots, the end. I just can't figure out what their endgame is. Rachel can't move to the UK because her older child's father won't permit it, no doubt. Convicted felon Jon won't be welcomed with open arms. What are they expecting? And now they're mewing about having another baby? I'll retire to Bedlam. 

Rebecca is just ridiculous and I cannot even with her. Zied will be gone in two years. Her daughter and son in law will be shitty to Zied from the moment he lands. And we'll find out that the HVAC in the Middle East is totally different from the HVAC in the US! I'm calling it right now. 

100% to this whole post.  Corey, Evelin and Raul are all so over their time in the sun:  I find them all dull.  Rachael and Jon are super dull too - more bad life choices all around, plus he loves the "C" word on social media, as someone on a 90 Day FB page reported that he is calling female police officers a "colorful" name on that platform, too!

And yes, @Pepper Mostly, HVAC here will be so different than where he hails from!  Oh teh hilarity!  "This A/C is no good.....so much bad......"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Rachael and Jon are super dull too - more bad life choices all around, plus he loves the "C" word on social media, as someone on a 90 Day FB page reported that he is calling female police officers a "colorful" name on that platform, too!

We can't start judging the slang of other countries.  We probably have many words that bother those in foreign places.  The "C" and "T" words are commonly used in UK and I stopped feeling insulted years ago.  YEARS!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

We can't start judging the slang of other countries.  We probably have many words that bother those in foreign places.  The "C" and "T" words are commonly used in UK and I stopped feeling insulted years ago.  YEARS!

That may be true in the UK but being called a c*** here in the USA was offensive to me.  And I am not the only female he has directed it at.  I know that in the UK calling a cigarette is calling it a "f**" but I would never say to someone "Wanna go light a f**?" as I KNOW that would be highly offensive.

I am not here to argue, I am not, but I am glad you stopped feeling insulted.  I am not quite there yet, doubt I will ever be. 

• Love 3

Rachel and John:  I wonder how Rachel's older daughter feels about everything.  I guess she stays with her dad?  Maybe her dad should have full custody of her.

I think Evelyn wants to marry Corey because she's not exactly the cutest girl in the room.  To me she looks long in the tooth, so she's looking for a "huzzzband" real quick before she gets into hag territory.  However, I don't get why Corey wants to marry Evelyn.

David's hair transplant was producer driven, production probably paid for it.

Robert will probably have a baseball team by the time he's finished fathering children.

I think too many of these folks approach love the way I did when I was a teenager, I had no job, no apartment, no kids, no responsibilities.  Someone like Rachel or Tiffany might say to me, "I'm in love."  That's fine, but when you have small children you really can't spend $11K in visa fees for a man you really haven't spent time with. 

Just my two cents.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Rachel and John:  I wonder how Rachel's older daughter feels about everything.  I guess she stays with her dad?  Maybe her dad should have full custody of her.

I've been considering that too.  Rachel and Someone Other Guy's Baby should just move to England to be with John.  Oh, wait!  There would be no more television appearances--no more TLC income--no more (probably) free travel to England.  

6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Evelyn wants to marry Corey because she's not exactly the cutest girl in the room. 

Sounded like she STILL IS the cutest girl...at least in that entire beach town.  I never "got" Evilyn from the beginning, although there were some pretty good photos of her standing on various cliffs/rocks when Cory was first visiting.

She just wants to stay on Televisión ecuatoriana.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am not here to argue, I am not, but I am glad you stopped feeling insulted.  I am not quite there yet, doubt I will ever be. 

I don't think the actual word should matter; the cause should be more important.  People can choose what bothers them and what they can let go--and why let four little letters control any feelings?  Of course, we KNOW when someone is trying to hurt or insult us; rise above it.  "Stick and stones," should work for us, no matter how "horrific" someone thinks a particular word is.  These days most of us are using rude slang with abandon--words we would NEVER have uttered thirty years ago.

Maybe I'm way off base here because I don't have kids, but something appears wrong with Bryson. The zero reaction to the baby info (and I realize the wanted to play with this friends but this seemed different), and his general personality are lacking in "happy kid-ness" I guess you could say. He doesn't have a genuine smile or laugh. About anything. It's sad. Robert looked so thrilled in the talking heads about having another kid. Well, you know what, genius? Wrap it up or deal with it, stupid.

Eveylin is unattractive to me and stringing Corey along. Anyone that stupid at this point deserves what he gets. I can't even watch them. Corey is a nice looking guy who seems like a catch. Why on earth he has allowed himself to be put through all this is beyond me.

Bearded John is like a stumpy looking little troll. He seems happy to be with Rachel and Lucy but I sense a simmering there that if they lived together and had to get through some really difficult financial times or whatever, that the bloom would be off the rose pretty quickly.

David is a jiggly, fat, gross pig who had to mooch money from a friend in order to survive. Where is the attractiveness there? I know production probably paid for the hair business but someone without a pot to piss in should not be spending on such things. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Maybe I'm way off base here because I don't have kids, but something appears wrong with Bryson. The zero reaction to the baby info

See, I have kids, I work with kids and my thought was:  "Why the hell are you telling him this AT HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY?  He was rightly focused on cake, balloons, playing with friends, he was NOT up for a serious sit down, lol.  He probably had that reaction as he was not listening.  HE was focused on again, cake, games, jungle gym, balloons.  He would have probably had the same reaction if they said:  "Bryson, we are moving to Mankato Minnesota to live in a hippie commune.  Pack your pags!"

18 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Bearded John is like a stumpy looking little troll.

Because he is a stumpy little troll.  I fast forward through him and Crying Rachel.  Now she wants to ask her friend to sponsor him?  I would throw a no out so fast she would....wait for it.....cry! 

7 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I don't think the actual word should matter

It does matter.  I am in the Twin Cities in a suburb of Minneapolis.  If I were to walk out my door and use the "N" word....yah no.  Words do matter, they matter a lot.  With all due respect, I am done talking/writing about the unemployed felon fighter use of the "C" word as it will come off as arguing with a poster, and please believe me:  You have your point, I have mine - please have a great day and don't travel to Minneapolis any time soon.  It is a freakin' war zone down there.  Literally.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

David is a jiggly, fat, gross pig who had to mooch money from a friend in order to survive. Where is the attractiveness there? I know production probably paid for the hair business but someone without a pot to piss in should not be spending on such things. 

I've come to really like David and think he's the perfect example of a decent guy who gets overlooked because he's heavy and balding.  He and Annie seem to be very happy and solid.  As always, YMMV.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, cynicat said:

I've come to really like David and think he's the perfect example of a decent guy who gets overlooked because he's heavy and balding.  He and Annie seem to be very happy and solid.  As always, YMMV.

I don’t think David is a morally corrupt human being or anything of that nature and is perfectly pleasant to live with, but has horrible money management skills and is on the lazy side (hence why he had to go to Thailand to work after his divorce and his friend helped him out financially). 

These characteristics don’t make him a bad PERSON but not someone I’d want to have as a partner (in business or life), but that’s me. 

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I can judge his financial decisions but he’s probably pleasant company for Annie and that’s what she cares about (not his ability to be financial secure on his own). 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think David is a morally corrupt human being or anything of that nature and is perfectly pleasant to live with, but has horrible money management skills and is on the lazy side (hence why he had to go to Thailand to work after his divorce and his friend helped him out financially). 

These characteristics don’t make him a bad PERSON but not someone I’d want to have as a partner (in business or life), but that’s me. 

I agree, Scarlett45, but I think his "first" family might consider him morally corrupt.  He's at least morally suspect.  He did a lot of shady things--probably cost a lot of people a lot of money until he hooked up with TLC ... and for awhile thereafter.  I think Annie is a fabulous human, but I would never trust (or hang out) with David.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I agree, Scarlett45, but I think his "first" family might consider him morally corrupt.  He's at least morally suspect.  He did a lot of shady things--probably cost a lot of people a lot of money until he hooked up with TLC ... and for awhile thereafter.  I think Annie is a fabulous human, but I would never trust (or hang out) with David.  

I’m not super familiar with David and his situation before he met Annie (I didn’t watch their original season) so I will take you at your word. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think too many of these folks approach love the way I did when I was a teenager, I had no job, no apartment, no kids, no responsibilities.  Someone like Rachel or Tiffany might say to me, "I'm in love."  That's fine, but when you have small children you really can't spend $11K in visa fees for a man you really haven't spent time with. 

Just my two cents.

And might I add, That's fine, but when you have small children you really can't spend $11K in visa fees for a man you really haven't spent time with when you don't have the $11K.

• Love 1

I actually like Jon and Rachel.  They seem pretty realistic about their situation and her losing her job threw a spanner in the works.  He's even thinking clearly about it not being a good time to have another child, and he mentioned her other daughter by saying they'd be a family of 4.  

It's possible that Rachel is being a little controlled by her age when thinking of babies.  Her clock might be ticking.

And I find it really refreshing that she doesn't feel the need to tart up in a bathroom ala Darcey to meet up with Jon.  She brings mother of a toddler after a long flight realness.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/29/2020 at 10:13 AM, configdotsys said:

Maybe I'm way off base here because I don't have kids, but something appears wrong with Bryson. The zero reaction to the baby info (and I realize the wanted to play with this friends but this seemed different), and his general personality are lacking in "happy kid-ness" I guess you could say. He doesn't have a genuine smile or laugh. About anything. It's sad. Robert looked so thrilled in the talking heads about having another kid. Well, you know what, genius? Wrap it up or deal with it, stupid.

Eveylin is unattractive to me and stringing Corey along. Anyone that stupid at this point deserves what he gets. I can't even watch them. Corey is a nice looking guy who seems like a catch. Why on earth he has allowed himself to be put through all this is beyond me.

Bearded John is like a stumpy looking little troll. He seems happy to be with Rachel and Lucy but I sense a simmering there that if they lived together and had to get through some really difficult financial times or whatever, that the bloom would be off the rose pretty quickly.

In regards to Bryson's reactions, etc, I agree with what you said. I see them though as an almost exact duplicate of his father's reactions, in both these episodes and the original ones. I think Bryson is demonstrating the reactions that were modeled for him from Dad.