Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiancé: What Now?

• Start Topic

This Josh and Alek situation is riveting. I had no idea. Why would they agree to come back on the show and invite this scrutiny? Josh and his family can't possibly be this delusional, can they? Then again; they were all on board for Josh marrying a woman in the first place.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Josh's Mormon parents seemed so strict and judgmental. They must've crapped their pants when they saw that baby turn out to be biracial. 

Mormons only recently changed their views on Blacks, most likely to convert more in Africa and South America. Josh's parents grew up during a doctrine that discriminated against Blacks.  Mark of Cain/Curse of Ham.  I cannot imagine the judgmental assholes we watched on the series to be kind to this cute kiddo. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

It would be interesting to see if they have another child & what s/he looks like.  Ultimately I just hope there is no fall out for the baby in her life & she's loved & cherished.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9

Wow. I just peeked in out of idle curiosity, but wowza. This is interesting indeed. While it seems unlikely, I suppose its possible that Alexandra's father is the Cuban man pictured. My husband is black, I'm white (super milk white Irish white) and our son has blue green eyes, brown hair and certainly "looks white" (whatever that means, but thats a conversation for another forum!). So, one data point. Its kind of out there, but maybe not impossible. Cute baby though. Good luck to them, whatever happens.

So, we're getting the boring Jorge and Anfisa, and stupid Dani and Mo, but TLC in its infinite wisdom is putting this fascinating mess online only? SMH

• Love 6

As a black person, it ain't every day that you see a white person, especially from a country I wouldn't associate with having much exposure to black people or being too open to "others", out here claiming black folks as family left and right. However, I don't for a minute believe Aleksandra is bi-racial. Nope! She perpetrating a scam! 

tumblr_o4rbufagOs1qbvkmso3_400-147188260

I ain't even hating. I'd trade this drama for the snooze fest that is Loren and Alexei any day. Their baby is beautiful and I can understand why they wouldn't be on the regular televised show though. 

On 7/31/2017 at 10:12 PM, biakbiak said:

I assume this was filmed before Aleksandra got so much shit on her Instagram and deleted. That baby is not his and she will probably love in that tiny Mormon town forever. But why is she wearing braces I don't remember her teeth being jacked.

Isn't her husband going to dental school or something? Maybe he did it or got a connection to get braces at a huge discount or free?

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Isn't her husband going to dental school or something? Maybe he did it or got a connection to get braces at a huge discount or free?

He applied to medical school but was put on a wait list for the one he wanted. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow. I just peeked in out of idle curiosity, but wowza. This is interesting indeed. While it seems unlikely, I suppose its possible that Alexandra's father is the Cuban man pictured. My husband is black, I'm white (super milk white Irish white) and our son has blue green eyes, brown hair and certainly "looks white" (whatever that means, but thats a conversation for another forum!). So, one data point. Its kind of out there, but maybe not impossible. Cute baby though. Good luck to them, whatever happens.

So, we're getting the boring Jorge and Anfisa, and stupid Dani and Mo, but TLC in its infinite wisdom is putting this fascinating mess online only? SMH

I love that combo.  Its what initially attracted me to Mr. Natalie.  Dark hair and blue eyes.  

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, lettsjetts said:

Thanks for the info!  Do you have a link showing she claimed the Cuban man was her father as far back as 2011?

I am following this because I know Josh's family.  When I compare Aleksandra to Vlad and this Cuban man, well, it seems so obvious to me! Ah well, what do I know?! ;) 

I can understand how Josh's parents would be disappointed that the baby is not his.   It's not a great way to start out a marriage that your son's new wife cheated on him already and got pregnant by someone other than their son..  I don't think that the baby being half black is even the problem....it's more a disappointment that the baby is not biologically their sons more than being a racial thing.  This said not knowing the parents at all or their views.  Just saying it is understandable that they would be disappointed.  I'm sure the whole family will eventually accept the baby if they haven't already.  Still doesn't mean they don't wish the baby was Josh's.

• Love 8

After seeing this clearly bi-racial baby for the first time, I have a feeling that the first words out of my mouth to Aleksandra would be, "Seriously?"

Just don't lie to me in my face and tell me this child is Josh's... other than that, I can accept this beautiful baby into my life.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 12
44 minutes ago, zenme said:

After seeing this clearly bi-racial baby for the first time, I have a feeling that the first words out of my mouth to Aleksandra would be, "Seriously?"

Just don't lie to me in my face and tell me this child is Josh's... other than that, I can accept this beautiful baby into my life.

Exactly this. This whole thing would be a non-story if they would just acknowledge the truth. They can then say "We're dealing with this privately" and the world would let them be. Instead, they stupidly think they can deny the truth and then wonder why the hell this blew up in their faces the way it has. People are rooting for them to succeed, even though the match seems very strange. But when they insult their fans' intelligence by lying about the situation, that's when people will turn on them.

• Love 13

yes! This applies to all public figures. Just tell the truth. We get it. We're human, it's just the lying and insulting our intelligence that takes it to a whole other level. 

I think Alexandra's statement should start like this, "Well, it seems my conversion to the Mormon faith may have been more difficult than I thought..." (See? We could all understand that. Old habits die hard.) 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Exactly.  Don't pee on my pants and tell me it's raining.  Own up to it and move on. If Josh wants to be the baby's dad then good for him! Kudos for standing up and being a man. Lying about it just makes them both look like idiots.

• Love 9

I agree-admit what happened and moved on.  This "revisionist" history or family lineage will be a thorn in their sides their whole lives.  As Judge Judy says "you don't need a good memory if you tell the truth..."  A web of lies is very difficult to maintain or keep straight.  Also, if she is claiming someone else is her father-her own father must be devastated.  The fact that they have put themselves in the public eye by being on the show, posting on social media, and now being on this webseries has opened them up to public comments and questions about the child's paternity.  Remember-a lie is a short-term response to what will be a long-term discussion.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Palomar said:
On 8/1/2017 at 6:32 PM, lettsjetts said:

Thanks for the info!  Do you have a link showing she claimed the Cuban man was her father as far back as 2011?

I am following this because I know Josh's family.  When I compare Aleksandra to Vlad and this Cuban man, well, it seems so obvious to me! Ah well, what do I know?! ;) 

I can understand how Josh's parents would be disappointed that the baby is not his.   It's not a great way to start out a marriage that your son's new wife cheated on him already and got pregnant by someone other than their son..  I don't think that the baby being half black is even the problem....it's more a disappointment that the baby is not biologically their sons more than being a racial thing.  This said not knowing the parents at all or their views.  Just saying it is understandable that they would be disappointed.  I'm sure the whole family will eventually accept the baby if they haven't already.  Still doesn't mean they don't wish the baby was Josh's.

I absolutely agree that it is the infidelity, not the race that is the issue and I don't think anyone feels otherwise. In fact every post I have seen about Kaya has been positive. She is a beautiful little girl who is very loved.  I have to say that Aleksandra's in laws have been very supportive of her as well, throwing her birthday parties and buying all the baby essentials.  If there is turmoil at home it is not being shared on social media by the family at all. 

• Love 11

I was thinking about babygate and I wonder if they are making these excuses to prevent the actual father from trying to seek parental rights.  If they can explain away the child's appearance, it might discourage him from a possibly expensive legal battle.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, AdorkableWitch said:

I was thinking about babygate and I wonder if they are making these excuses to prevent the actual father from trying to seek parental rights.  If they can explain away the child's appearance, it might discourage him from a possibly expensive legal battle.  

Maybe. I doubt it because I doubt her friend has much money himself. Also, if Josh is on the birth certificate, it would be hard to argue for a paternity test.

• Useful 1

I missed the complete first season of 90-day, but I've been a faithful follower of it and every spin-off since then.  I just watched the "What Now?" episodes & can't get over how NORMAL Alan & Kirlyam are.  Normal.  No drama, joking back and forth, ribbing each other, communicating effectively, just enjoying each other & their future son.  Such a nice relief! :o)

• Love 7

Um, yuck! This does not bode well for Josh and Aleksandra.  I don't think she'll be happy in that lifestyle and seek out other men again.I'd be curious to really know when the pregnancy occurred?  I hope it's possible that she was already pregnant and looked to Josh as a better life.  

I'm Im relieved the parents are accepting and josh is being a father. I'm sure, as mormons, that took a lot of strength because it wasn't their son's baby. 

I know looks at deceiving but I always thought Aleksandra was so "innocent" looking.  Even during the show, I was like, she's a stripper?  I'm sure that is part of her allure but she always seemed so bashful. 

I know that's silly but there you go! 

• Love 1

I've noticed several comments about how hard it would be for Josh or Josh's parents to accept a baby that wasn't his because they are Mormon.  I disagree with that aspect in that I think it would be hard for ANYBODY to accept a baby that wasn't theirs due to infidelity no matter what their religion or philosophy.  I really do not see how being Mormon would make a difference in this scenario.  Anybody whose brand new spouse had a child within the framework of that marriage would have difficulty immediately accepting the situation.  That fact that Josh and his family seem accepting of the situation speaks well of their beliefs and actions.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Josh IS the baby's father as he was married to the baby's mother when she was born. Biology isn't everything.

Nah. If I came to my white husband with a brown baby and said " aww..she looks just like you. Dontcha think?" There wpuld be some furniture moving around that house. 

Yes, legally he would be on the hook but no way would "biology isn't eveything fly". Josh is far more accepting that any man or woman I know. Infidelity is one thing but concrete proof that you didn't  think enough of your partner to practice safe sex? 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 17

I hope Alexsandra is happy. I don't care about Josh. I don't care for the men, (and women), on this show who went out specifically looking for spouses that are (hot, sexy, fun). They all wanted something that's not ordinary American. Josh, Jorge, Chantel, Danielle, and Russ all decided they wanted sexier than typical Americans.  They got what they deserved.

It's interesting that the people who chose less sexy/hot partners are the ones who appear to be happier today.

I'm just in a bad mood right now.

9 hours ago, Swim mom said:

They all wanted something that's not ordinary American. Josh

I never got that vibe from Josh, he was on his mission trip and met her, he didn't seek that out. Russ also working in Colombia and they met at a friend's party and started dating. 

• Love 7

I haven't watched the videos, so maybe I shouldn't comment, but I'm wondering if Josh's family is accepting of the baby, but  no longer accepting of Aleksandra? I'm curious to watch...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really do not see how being Mormon would make a difference in this scenario. 

The difference, as I see it, is that Mormons only recently strayed away from their position that Black skin was a curse (Curse of Ham/Mark of Cain).

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I never got that vibe from Josh, he was on his mission trip and met her, he didn't seek that out. Russ also working in Colombia and they met at a friend's party and started dating. 

I got the opposite impression, that he thinks that he personally lead her to a belief in God which may be part of the reason why there is so much glee in people posting and editing the wiki page saying it is certain that his young bride gave an old boyfriend one last goodbye time and got pregnant. It was playing just like the first year couple where the missionary converted a family in Brazil and waited for their young daughter to reach an appropriate age as his reward. but at least they didn't make the big point of the fiance living with grandma and telling us that they were doing it God's way. All three religious couples, the two Mormon and the evangelicals have had some of that but didn't seem as strident about it as Josh has come off on screen.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Raja said:

was playing just like the first year couple where the missionary converted a family in Brazil and waited for their young daughter to reach an appropriate age as his reward. but at least they didn't make the big point of the fiance living with grandma and telling us that they were doing it God's way.

Well that's because Kirlyam had been a Mormon for several years and hadn't just converted before her move to Mary Josh and they most certainly did make a big deal about Kirlyam and Alan living separately before the wedding ceremony. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Quick question - I just went to start watching this- and each episode is very short- like less than 10 minutes-  is this right, or are there real full-length episodes somewhere else?  TIA!!

The episodes are just short 10 min updates. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Quick question - I just went to start watching this- and each episode is very short- like less than 10 minutes-  is this right, or are there real full-length episodes somewhere else?  TIA!!

Just checking - have you seen any other 90DF series? 

"90DF: What Now?" might be more interesting if you've seen some full-length episodes of the preceding two 90DF series.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2017 at 3:25 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I'd be curious to really know when the pregnancy occurred?  I hope it's possible that she was already pregnant and looked to Josh as a better life.  

Well she said the baby was due in May but born premature in March. If she was lying (and that's pretty much the consensus here)  and the baby was fullterm, conception would've been some time in June. She was obviously in the United States for the 4th of July and was married that August, so the question is when did she leave Prague for the states. If it was before June then who knows who the dad is, but if it was in June then it was goodbye sex with dance bestie for sure.

I honestly don't think she herself even knew she was pregnant when she left for the US, she probably wouldn't have have even gotten a positive test until she was already in the states. She could've chalked a missed period or two to the considerable stress of moving, and when she finally tested she could've thought the pregnancy was Josh's post marriage. That being said, all doubt was erased as to paternity  by the first ultrasound, with the baby measuring 6-8 weeks ahead of schedule. Josh was probably there too, and him being a premed student  I'm sure he would've put two and two together pretty quickly. Even if the baby had been with a white man the deception still would be evident between them as a couple due to the ultrasound, though the shame and hurt would be private and not public due to the baby's appearance not being such a stark contrast from her parents. 

Awkward situation for all parties involved. 

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I forgot that she claimed the baby was premature It all makes sense now. I really feel sorry for Josh. 

I do and I don't. I do because it would suck to be in that situation. I don't because it has allowed him to really show the world what kind of a person he is.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, checker said:

Just checking - have you seen any other 90DF series? 

"90DF: What Now?" might be more interesting if you've seen some full-length episodes of the preceding two 90DF series.

yes- I have seen the series - thanks!

On 7/31/2017 at 2:39 PM, CofCinci said:

Matt is living Patrick's dream life.  The whole house is a "Man Cave."  It looks like they had their serious talk in a lower-level bar/party room complete with pool table -- with deck/lake access.  Patrick doesn't want to give up the boys clubhouse for a girl. Eww. They have coodies. Matt's values have changed. He'd rather have his stepson play soccer with his nephews than be Patrick's party buddy.  Commuting around Cincinnati is a major bitch these days with bridge construction.  I've also moved closer to my office just so I don't spend 10 hours a week in my car -- I imagine the couple wants that 10 hours for family time. Sorry, Patrick. Time to deal. 

I disagree. I think that Matt needs to take a big swallow of the Red Pill, and trust me,  I HATE MRA/RED PILL ADVOCATES. But this situation takes it straight from the textbook, that women want to get ipregnanted by an Alpha male, and when the Alpha male runs out to score different women they look for a Beta male to provide for her and her children from other men. And Beta male is more than happy to take this on, and let his wife have her way until she becomes no longer attracted to him and searches for a more exciting Alpha again. Matt took in a woman into his multimillion dollar mansion and is willing to take care of her and her son (not his biological child) forever, all she has to do is be a loving wife. It is extremely disrespectful to ask him to sell his home, the one he bought with hard earned money, and move to a smaller place close to downtown because she wants to feel like shes back in Europe. Patrick was absolutely right, and when Alla gets her way she will soon figure out that Cincinatti is not Europe, its still the same overweight Midwesterners, and Matt needs to grow a pair. I am surprised that she would be willing to have her son switch to a different school as well for her needs to be in a bigger city, especially since he had apparantly already adjusted for 2 years and was learning the language. IMO she needs to focus on her husband and her son. 

• Love 5
On 8/2/2017 at 9:38 AM, Emkat said:

This Josh and Alek situation is riveting. I had no idea. Why would they agree to come back on the show and invite this scrutiny? Josh and his family can't possibly be this delusional, can they? Then again; they were all on board for Josh marrying a woman in the first place.

Idk if its just me, but the baby doesnt seem biracial, she just had curly brown hair, and different lighting can make skin tones look different. Plus, Josh has brown hair and brown eyes. My son was born with black hair and gradually it turned blonde over the course of a year. If their daughter was born in March, it would have been extremely premature given she was impregnanted on the wedding night. Soooo if she cheated, she was pregnant during the wedding, and during filming .... oh gd its so confusing. I still think that Josh and ALeksandra are not a good match and he would have been better off marrying a Mormon girl from his hometown who wasnt searching for excitement. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Matias130 said:

Idk if its just me, but the baby doesnt seem biracial

Here. Take another look. This is just one of the pictures upon which we are basing our opinions in this thread.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:33 AM, lettsjetts said:

Aleksandra and Josh are a terrible match and I had a bad feeling about those two from the beginning.  Josh is so sheltered and timid, he fell for the first girl that looked his way.  I think with the right partner he would really blossom.  How cringy was it when Aleksandra was talking about how she would scream at Josh?! Mood swings are normal post pregnancy but I don't doubt a lot of the screaming was her shutting down the paternity issue.  I wonder what Josh's parents think about this.  

• Love 3
On 9/9/2017 at 2:07 PM, Matias130 said:

I disagree. I think that Matt needs to take a big swallow of the Red Pill, and trust me,  I HATE MRA/RED PILL ADVOCATES. But this situation takes it straight from the textbook, that women want to get ipregnanted by an Alpha male, and when the Alpha male runs out to score different women they look for a Beta male to provide for her and her children from other men. And Beta male is more than happy to take this on, and let his wife have her way until she becomes no longer attracted to him and searches for a more exciting Alpha again. Matt took in a woman into his multimillion dollar mansion and is willing to take care of her and her son (not his biological child) forever, all she has to do is be a loving wife. It is extremely disrespectful to ask him to sell his home, the one he bought with hard earned money, and move to a smaller place close to downtown because she wants to feel like shes back in Europe. Patrick was absolutely right, and when Alla gets her way she will soon figure out that Cincinatti is not Europe, its still the same overweight Midwesterners, and Matt needs to grow a pair. I am surprised that she would be willing to have her son switch to a different school as well for her needs to be in a bigger city, especially since he had apparantly already adjusted for 2 years and was learning the language. IMO she needs to focus on her husband and her son. 

Someone needs to tell Alla that it's one of the signs of success in America to be able to own "privacy." That's a lovely wooded waterfront property that Matt has worked hard for. He said it is his dream home. While I sympathize with Alla because it's not what she's used to, I hope she doesn't insist he give it up.

• Love 11
On 9/10/2017 at 3:37 PM, Latenites said:

Someone needs to tell Alla that it's one of the signs of success in America to be able to own "privacy." That's a lovely wooded waterfront property that Matt has worked hard for. He said it is his dream home. While I sympathize with Alla because it's not what she's used to, I hope she doesn't insist he give it up.

I can tell you right now that if I ever get to build my dream home, I'd never give it up and anyone wanting it will have to kill me to get it. (My dream home is a stone and log, smaller version of the Castlevania castle with rational layout.)

• Love 5
On 9/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, Latenites said:

She probably wouldn't mind uving in the woods with him if he had more personality. He's boring. I would talk to the trees. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4