Type keyword(s) to search

The Goldbergs in the Media: That's Incredible!

• Start Topic

I was briefly listening to the WMMR (Philadelphia) morning show on my way to work, and they were talking about the Rush episode where Erica was so affected by Tom Sawyer.  Nice to see my favorite band get a little love :)

• Love 1

Good for Bryan Callen.  I actually saw one of his comedy shows live and he was hilarious (I highly recommend checking one of them out if it's on Netflix or something) and I loved him on MadTv so I'm glad that he'll finally have a leading role. 

• Love 2

The Goldbergs were at WonderCon. My favorite part is Real Life Barry got a chance to "correct" a wrong:

With the panel winding down, Goldberg acknowledged his brother Barry as the family member who takes the most punishment every week, with the series’ depiction of their youth. In the room for the panel, with the crowd chanting his name, the real “Big Tasty” got to answer a question: What was the one thing his brother had depicted on the show that had embarrassed him the most?

“The run,” Barry Goldberg said, referencing the onscreen Barry (Troy Gentile)’s awkward form. “I just want to say for the record, I do not run like that.”

• Love 4

Goldbergs renewed for two seasons.

Happy for everyone involved. However, this season has been the first that I've felt some signs of the show starting to run out of steam. 6 seasons will put them squarely into syndication territory, and I hope that's enough to shut them down. Haley and Troy will both be 25 by that point. It may be tough to continue justifying them in High School...

ABC to Air "The Goldbergs" Spin-Off Pilot on Wednesday, January 24

Tim Meadows, Bryan Callen, Nia Long, Rachel Crow and Summer Parker star in "The Goldbergs: 1990-Something."

This Goldbergs-inspired special event picks up where the Goldberg family leaves off at William Penn Academy in the 1990s as former teacher and now Head of School John Glascott leads a faculty of teachers with wildly different views on how to mentor students and recruits his tough-as-nails-sister Lucy to join his staff and enroll her teenage daughters Felicia and Gigi as new students. Lucy is desperate to ensure they avoid the social pitfalls of high school and finds herself torn between Glascott's nurturing and communicative approach to parenting and Coach Mellor's tough-guy belief that physical competition brings out the best in students. Even Beverly Goldberg comes to visit the school's staff despite all her kids having already graduated and can't help but meddle one last time, on "The Goldbergs: 1990-Something," WEDNESDAY, JAN. 24 (8:00-8:30 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

I wish they'd somehow bring Lainey back to The Goldbergs instead of the 90s reboot. I miss her.

I also hope the reboot focuses more on the teachers at the school instead of the new narrator girl and sister. I wasn't interested in them. At all. Especially when I realized the older sister was Rachel Crow. I have never gotten over her epic meltdown when she got booted from X-Factor!

Adding Laney as one of the teachers just made this a lot more interesting. I love Coach Mellor so I would have given the show a chance but I was really not feeling Principle Glascott's family, the sister and two kids. It sounds like the focus will be more on the teachers. These all sound like positive changes. I'm curious to see it now, to see if the changes made it better. 

• Love 3

‘The Goldbergs’ Creator Adam F. Goldberg Steps Down As Showrunner, Chris Bishop & Alex Barnow To Succeed Him

After six years at the helm, The Goldbergs creator/executive producer Adam F. Goldberg is stepping down as showrunner of the ABC comedy series, which is heading into Season 7.

The Goldbergs veterans Chris Bishop and Alex Barnow, who have been with the series since its premiere, have been named showrunners of the series produced by Sony Pictures TV, where both are under deals.

Goldberg will remain involved in the series and will continue as an executive producer. His relinquishing day-to-day showrunner responsibilities on The Goldbergs, which films on the Sony lot, comes on the heels of Goldberg leaving Sony Pictures TV for a big overall deal at ABC Studios. He is expected to focus on development for the Disney TV Studios unit.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:17 PM, incandescent said:

He's friends with Chris D'Elia, who has also recently been exposed. Birds of a feather...

Times like this, good thing that Schooled was cancelled. 

Interesting as far as before the show prep goes. My question is how are the actors going to distance etc. in scenes? Are they going to be on opposite sides of the room? So many precautions beforehand and once on set, inside, no masks, isn't it kind of all for naught?  I am glad they are not doing a quarantine style show, which is what I thought the returning sitcoms would be doing, because from what little we saw of quarantine shows, separate people in separate locations, they are not worth watching. 

17 minutes ago, xander874 said:

https://tvline.com/2021/03/23/george-segal-dies-the-goldbergs-actor-dead/

I don’t know if they show is still filming so wonder if they will deal with it. RIP. 

Deadline reported that his final episode (episode 16) will air April 7 with a tribute to him.

His screen time was reduced this season as people guessed he wasn’t in the best health, but this is still sad to read. 

RIP Pops. 😞

• Love 4
On 11/16/2019 at 1:10 AM, biakbiak said:

Apparently by popular twitter demand, Bev’s cookbook will be published and released in April 2020.

Anyone know if this is worth buying? Any good nostalgic recipes?

On 8/1/2020 at 3:17 PM, incandescent said:

He's friends with Chris D'Elia, who has also recently been exposed. Birds of a feather...

Wow, how did I miss this news? I thought he was so funny. Damn. 

On 5/16/2021 at 12:21 PM, Kiddvideo said:

I can’t believe they renewed this dreck.

Is this what a blackmail situation looks like to bystanders?  HOW did the show get renewed again? 

Remember one of the sight gags in Airplane II, the movie poster for Rocky XX? 

• LOL 2
On 5/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, Kiddvideo said:

I can’t believe they renewed this dreck.

And it doesn't even say "9th and final season" anywhere so it's possible they're going to continue to beat this dead horse all the way into the ground for multiple future seasons. It's so far beyond time to close the book on this one. 

. . . and cancelled the much fresher Mixedish.

Exactly. That show was really coming into its own, it felt like it was on the rise, while the Goldbergs is on a straight path to the bottom. Very frustrating choice.

• Love 4

Vanity fair had such long articles, I couldn’t read it all this morning, have things to do. We’re any of the actors on the show interviewed? I don’t know much about Jeff Garlin but it had to be tough being a certain kind of comedian in this age of tearing every word apart. 

• Love 2

The real Adam always said the show would be ending with his graduation. He might be getting his wish. He seems to think it’s not coming back next year. He definitely doesn’t seem to want to come back. The show is not what it was when it was based on the real stories, I get it. But I don’t want it to end under these circumstances. I want the final season announced a year ahead of time, like Blackish. The Wonder Years and Home Economics aren’t ready to take over the time slot. That was a difficult read and ABC is a bunch of morons, pun intended, for slinging him through the mud, just trying to dig up dirt. 

• Love 1