Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: And Then There Were Five

• Start Topic

My best friend's family has a history of BPD. I think she might have a touch of it, but she had to take care of her drug and alcohol addicted mom during middle and high school, so she didn't have the luxury to become an addict or horrible person herself. Her whole maternal side of the family is soooo messed up, though. Her grandmother is an 86-year-old jenelle! She pitches a fit if my friend doesn't cater to her needs 24/7, and regularly goes through periods of disowning her and then calling her two days later with a huge request. My friend is thinking seriously about adopting kids instead of having them, because their family's mental illness has claimed many addicts and suicides. I don't think she could watch this show either!

All of this makes me really wonder what jenelle's dad is like. Maybe he has BPD or some other disorder. I feel like if we saw him in film for even one episode, it would answer sooooo many questions!!! Jenelle definitely seems to take after him; I could see her leaving her children and never looking back. 

• Love 2

I'm a few weeks behind and I just watched this episode yesterday.   Jennelle really started off with a bang for this season!  Like everyone else, I was shocked and appalled at how she treats Kaiser.

The moving!  It was so disorganized and last minute.  These people have no life skills.  One of the big things I noticed was the total lack of boxes!  Stuff was everywhere and I didn't see boxes anywhere.  Lots of cheap ass broken furniture being tossed about but no boxes.  Just stuff everywhere that should have been packed into boxes.

At the end of last season Kaiser was enrolled in a preschool program for a few days a week.  I wonder what happened with that.

I have a theory for why Kaiser was underfoot during the moving.  Money!  They get paid for camera time and Jennelle throws it in Barb's face that she is only keeping Jace bc of pay.   Sometimes the rantings and ravings of crazy people can reveal the truth.  Jennelle kept Kaiser around for all that because if he wasn't there she wouldn't get paid as much.  

• Love 7

I think Kaiser wasn't at daycare because it was Saturday. 

(Kaiser.What a stupid name. I hate saying it, and I hate writing it.)

Edited by zenme
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, zenme said:

I also can't stand the name. My next door neighbor's last name is Kaiser. The husband is a name dropping, loud, bloviating gasbag and I can't stand him. Every time I see that adorable child's name, my overweight, name dropping neighbor's face pops into my head.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Me. Too. I always, always think of the Kaiser, aka the villain during WWI. I guess jenelle never took the WWI poetry class I took!

• Love 3

It reminds me of the movie Fear with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Wahlberg. The dog in the movie was named Kaiser. Except I read it in Mark Wahlberg's Boston accent in the movie "Kaisah."

• Love 3
On 7/22/2017 at 8:20 PM, nikita said:

Cluster B personality disordered women (narcissists, borderlines) put on an elaborate mask and show to ensnare a new target. Whatever he likes/wants, she pretends to like/want. She becomes his ideal. And then she love-bombs him. Girl of his dreams. Can't believe his crazy luck. Well, crazy is right. I can't imagine how terrifying it must be when she feels she's got him locked in and lets the mask slip for the first time. ::shivers::

Oh, she'll also stimulate any savior instincts by lying about or exaggerating her (recent) past with an abusive partner.

I concur with your opinion of Kail & Javi's relationship. I also think this is why her coldness when he returned from deployment was so jarring and puzzling to him. You don't just wake up one day completely out of love with your husband. Yes, all relationships have their ups and downs, all marriages have challenges, but commitment is what separates the divorced from the married. He made that commitment and he was willing to stick it through no matter the hurdle. Kail just used him to level up, and once she had no more use for him, she walks away, imploding the family, leaving a trail of tears and broken hearts in her wake. 

Javi probably thought they were going to get through the rough patch and still be together. He most likely felt blindsided by her actions, and I suspect this is why he has had these explosive fights and exchanges with her. To him, it probably seemed like a rapid u-turn, and Kail didn't even deign to give him an explanation, or even have a respectful conversation with him. She was completely shut down, had already moved on with another guy, and was already pregnant. Wow. Kail is a stone cold sociopath, and I feel sorry for all her kids. 

I hope Javi eventually finds a sweet woman like Vee, and he is able to finally have the family unit he has always wanted. 

• Love 11

I am in Uk...so a bit behind you all in episodes...just hope Brianna isn't  here to replace Chelsea!!!!!   I like Chelsea  and  I think out of   all the teen mom kids  Aubree  will turn out to one of the most  well balanced ones!  Maybe this IS the time for Chelsea to get out of it..couldn't blame her!!!  If I had to leave a child of mine with any of these Moms for a couple of hours , Chelsea would be my first choice..with Farrah  next ( yeah shocking I know!!).   my last choice would be Jenelle  shortly followed by Maci.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MistyMeg said:

I am in Uk...so a bit behind you all in episodes...just hope Brianna isn't  here to replace Chelsea!!!!!   I like Chelsea  and  I think out of   all the teen mom kids  Aubree  will turn out to one of the most  well balanced ones!  Maybe this IS the time for Chelsea to get out of it..couldn't blame her!!!  If I had to leave a child of mine with any of these Moms for a couple of hours , Chelsea would be my first choice..with Farrah  next ( yeah shocking I know!!).   my last choice would be Jenelle  shortly followed by Maci.   

I'm childfree but if I had to leave my child for a few hours my first choice would most certainly be Chelsea as well.....after that I would need to say Maci/Leah/Briana/Catelynn/Farrah and very last Amber and Jenelle. I think the girls in the middle would be fine for a few hours, the children would be clean, safe, I don't think they would turn violent towards them (or let someone else), where as with Amber and Jenelle they would be stuck to the sofa and who knows what would happen. 

• Love 5
On 8/6/2017 at 7:06 AM, Spiderella2 said:

I concur with your opinion of Kail & Javi's relationship. I also think this is why her coldness when he returned from deployment was so jarring and puzzling to him. You don't just wake up one day completely out of love with your husband. Yes, all relationships have their ups and downs, all marriages have challenges, but commitment is what separates the divorced from the married. He made that commitment and he was willing to stick it through no matter the hurdle. Kail just used him to level up, and once she had no more use for him, she walks away, imploding the family, leaving a trail of tears and broken hearts in her wake. 

Javi probably thought they were going to get through the rough patch and still be together. He most likely felt blindsided by her actions, and I suspect this is why he has had these explosive fights and exchanges with her. To him, it probably seemed like a rapid u-turn, and Kail didn't even deign to give him an explanation, or even have a respectful conversation with him. She was completely shut down, had already moved on with another guy, and was already pregnant. Wow. Kail is a stone cold sociopath, and I feel sorry for all her kids. 

I hope Javi eventually finds a sweet woman like Vee, and he is able to finally have the family unit he has always wanted. 

I agree. It didn't help matters any when Kail strung him along during the holidays, which can be a very emotional time when going through a separation. She was giving him the impression that perhaps they might just get back together. This wasn't a guy who broke up with his long-time girlfriend. This was a guy who was still technically married to his wife, they share a son, and he was a step-father to her other child. This was a family who was breaking apart and he was led to believe she might be having a change of heart about the pending divorce. Not to mention, there was obviously some unsafe sex going on. Javi was put at risk. He likely was not aware of Kail boning him and Chris at the same time.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I agree. It didn't help matters any when Kail strung him along during the holidays, which can be a very emotional time when going through a separation. She was giving him the impression that perhaps they might just get back together. This wasn't a guy who broke up with his long-time girlfriend. This was a guy who was still technically married to his wife, they share a son, and he was a step-father to her other child. This was a family who was breaking apart and he was led to believe she might be having a change of heart about the pending divorce. Not to mention, there was obviously some unsafe sex going on. Javi was put at risk. He likely was not aware of Kail boning him and Chris at the same time.

Exactly.  He said before that while at Marriage boot camp she wasn't wanting to work things out because she knew she had someone at home waiting. HE didn't know that. He obviously throught she was legit wanting to work things out. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Exactly.  He said before that while at Marriage boot camp she wasn't wanting to work things out because she knew she had someone at home waiting. HE didn't know that. He obviously throught she was legit wanting to work things out. 

True about Kail having someone else waiting in the wings. Kail was too stupid to realize Chris was cheating on her with someone else. I don't believe Chris and Kail were in a monogamous relationship, but Kail probably thought she was. 

It was irritating to hear Kail say to the producer how Javi was contacting her on her phone about rumors. Rumors? It was not a rumor that Kail was pregnant. She was in fact pregnant and was hiding it from certain people. She then acts like she doesn't know why Javi was becoming upset. Stupid heifer. Probably because he thought there was a chance the baby might be his. She sickens me.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I'm childfree but if I had to leave my child for a few hours my first choice would most certainly be Chelsea as well.....after that I would need to say Maci/Leah/Briana/Catelynn/Farrah and very last Amber and Jenelle. I think the girls in the middle would be fine for a few hours, the children would be clean, safe, I don't think they would turn violent towards them (or let someone else), where as with Amber and Jenelle they would be stuck to the sofa and who knows what would happen. 

I agree. Maci, Catelynn, and Leah have all had some degree of substance abuse issues so they might drop a tiny bit lower on the list than Briana, Kailyn or Farrah for me for a short term babysitter, but I still think they'd be safe and fine. Farrah is bitchy, Kailyn is disgusting and Briana makes terrible relationship decisions but those things wouldn't affect a few hours of babysitting. Amber and Jenelle (and especially Amber actually, as at least Ensley has stayed alive but Amber has never proven herself able to be sober and caring for a child for even a few days) would terrify me for even a few hours of childcare. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3