Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The After Show Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)

During the taping, Pastor was texting the TLC  producer to have his and jinge's checks ready as soon as they get their mics take off.

JD will have the plane fueled up and ready to fly them back south.....and away from his toxic in laws...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

I'm actually a little surprised that they bought a house in Laredo.  Their church is tiny and it doesn't appear to be a very financially affluent group of people attending there. I figured their church would eventually fizzle out or they would need to get a Spanish speaking minister to increase membership. Guess that means that they are hanging their hat in Laredo for a while. 

It also seems that Jeremy was paying his own rent on the apartment.  It is very common for the church (Or the church planter church) to pay minister's rent.  if Jeremy was paying his own rent, it would make sense to buy a house and pay a mortgage instead. 

Or Jinger (and Jeremy) saved their money from TLC and paid cash? 

In any scenario, buying the house is a positive thing! 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess I'll post TLC's preview for NEXT season here, since we've seen this all anyway. They're going even FURTHER back in time, if that's possible. I mean, Joe's going to ask Kendra to court. We'll see that after they get married (likely...wedding in late August/early September, season premieres 9/11). 

Prepare to be bored out of your skulls. 

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/videos/sneak-peek-of-counting-on-season-three

Oh please TLC, drop all the made up "drama".  Josie (& the other little girls, I think) wiping away their tears with Kleenex while watching Joy pick out her wedding gown is too much. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

So they're going to rehash footage and play an exciting round of "If Joe were a cruciferous vegetable, which one would he be? Yeah, I'll pass, but I'll be here to read the snark. It's way more entertaining than the actual show.

That could be entertaining. I wonder how many of them could even name a cruciferous vegetable? 

• Love 7
(edited)

These tears from these sisters when  someone tries on a wedding dress are ridiculous. They don't look like happy tears either.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm actually a little surprised that they bought a house in Laredo.  Their church is tiny and it doesn't appear to be a very financially affluent group of people attending there. I figured their church would eventually fizzle out or they would need to get a Spanish speaking minister to increase membership. Guess that means that they are hanging their hat in Laredo for a while. 

It also seems that Jeremy was paying his own rent on the apartment.  It is very common for the church (Or the church planter church) to pay minister's rent.  if Jeremy was paying his own rent, it would make sense to buy a house and pay a mortgage instead. 

Or Jinger (and Jeremy) saved their money from TLC and paid cash? 

In any scenario, buying the house is a positive thing! 

Jin/Jer could have put a sizable house down payment courtesy of TLC & People mag $. If so, the monthly mortgage payment might be close to or even less than rent on the apartment. I would love to think this is Jer's way of giving Boob the middle finger regarding returning to  Dodge. Also, I'm sure its burning Jessa that her younger sister owns a 4br house while she's still stuck at grandma's 2br mold house. Haha.

• Love 16

I tried to watch this last night and gave up ten minutes in.   Too boring and and Sweet Home Oklahoma was on!!   Gonna try again  tonight only to see Jinger and Jeremy  talk about the house.  Also want to see Ben's body language you all have mentioned.  

• Love 1

I found the deed.  They have a 30 year mortgage with a real mortgage company.  Don't know why there's a vendor's lien but maybe there's an extra layer of protection with their mortgage for some reason.

• Love 6

If they bought a house in Laredo, Jinger & Jeremy are definitely not coming back to Arkansas. Good for them. Now if only Jinger would start her own photography business, I'd say they were the most successful Duggars. 

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

That could be entertaining. I wonder how many of them could even name a cruciferous vegetable? 

Good point, that would be out of their league. Here's my new question: If Joe were a Stouffer's frozen dinner, which one would he be? 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

The title of this thread says season 4 and the promo is for season 3? I'm confused.

So is TLC. The footage has Joy wedding dress shopping, Joy and Austin tasting cakes, Joe's courtship proposal, etc.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Maya said:

Jana looks depressed to me. 

I thought so too.

26 minutes ago, Autumn0516 said:

If they bought a house in Laredo, Jinger & Jeremy are definitely not coming back to Arkansas. Good for them. Now if only Jinger would start her own photography business, I'd say they were the most successful Duggars. 

Or even start giving piano lessons.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, saylubee said:

I found the deed.  They have a 30 year mortgage with a real mortgage company.  Don't know why there's a vendor's lien but maybe there's an extra layer of protection with their mortgage for some reason.

I found the county records and the property owner is "Vuolo Jeremy J & WF."  Is that Jeremy's dad?  I don't remember his name.  Jinger is listed as an owner, but not on the owner ID.

Edited by LegallyBlonde
Jinger is owner, but not listed on owner ID
  • Love 1
Just now, LegallyBlonde said:

I found the county records and the property owner is "Vuolo Jeremy J & WF."  Is that Jeremy's dad?  I don't remember his name.  But Jinger is not listed as an owner on the deed.

WF is wife.  She signed the actual deed but likely didn't use her to obtain the mortgage.

• Love 2

I thought church planters did just that, plant churches. It doesn't make sense for Jeremy and Jinger to buy a house, unless they're planning on staying or he will eventually rent the house to the church or the new pastor. It feels kind of like a JBish investment.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, now I'm surprised/confused again. (not unusual with Duggar topics)

So Jeremy owns the house with Jinger, as co-owner, because her name is on the deed.  Jinger's income was not used to qualify for the mortgage? 

And they took a 30 year mortgage?  So, they didn't pay cash with a little stash of TLC money? 

I find that very interesting....

Moving my post over to Jing & Jer forum

Edited by Marigold
Moving post to Jinger & Jeremy forum
(edited)

What's the value of the house? Considering they must have a nice chunk of TLC cash, I'm kind of surprised they took out a 30-year mortgage. Either way, I'm tickled pink at the thought of Jessa burning with envy. For all her big talk about house hunting, she and Binjerman are still living off Boob.

Regarding Jana, her depression is understandable. Single women are the equivalent of the plague in their world. Nobody wants to get close for fear of catching spinster germs. She's probably lonely and she's forced to watch while her sisters have babies, buy houses and travel to Europe for honeymoons. I'm surprised she's not hitting the sauce to dull the pain.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15

So when we saw Jessa house shopping, that was just to make Jessa look better and financially stable because the Duggars knew that Jinger and Jeremy were house shopping for real.

So slick...

• Love 15

If the Duggars are all about babies, why does Jana get an exemption?

Good for Jeremy and Jinger for buying a modestly priced house.  They appeared very matured compared to the others.  Ben looks depressed and Jessa sure tries to control the dynamics.  

The unmarried guys need to chase some women, they are not aging well.

• Love 7
(edited)

It would surprise me exactly zero if that whole "we don't do debt" thing was a Big Fat Lie. With that many kids and JB pissing away all that money on his futile attempt to get elected, the seed money for the businesses and the flips had to come from somewhere.

Pin him to the ground and threaten to cut off his hairspray supply, I suspect the truth is something more like "but we only had two credit cards issued by the PTL club so counts as tithing" or "we borrowed money from other people in the church so it doesn't count."

But it sounded good so that made it true. Duggar Truthiness (TM).

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

threaten to cut off his hairspray supply

Y'all are so funny!  I come here to get my laugh-on!

4 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Good for Jeremy and Jinger for buying a modestly priced house.  They appeared very matured compared to the others.  Ben looks depressed and Jessa sure tries to control the dynamics.  

The unmarried guys need to chase some women, they are not aging well.

I've wondered about Jana myself.  Jim-Bob pretty much hand-picked all of the married daughters' spouses EXCEPT Jeremy.  I don't know why he skipped over Jana.  Perhaps she's not interested and is content with her life as a servant and farmer at the compound.  I could see her being a nun, but I don't think Jim-Bob would allow it.  Michelle needs help with the little ones and only the girls do that.  The boys get a pass from raising their siblings.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

I feel asleep so I will have to try again tonight.

I did see enough to notice that Daphne's hair was a not a good situation. 

Was it the two inch long dark roots? The brassy tone? All of the visible hairpins? 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Was it the two inch long dark roots? The brassy tone? All of the visible hairpins? 

The weave tracts? 

Seriously, I doubt that's all her hair. And what was up with her outfit? She out-Mechelled Mechelle with that Gunne Sax lacy neck (or should I say throat) line in the modesty game.

• Love 5

The Duggars still have Jenni, J'Tyler, Jordyn, Josie and the assorted grandkids to take care of. The older Littles should be fairly independent, but they're still too young to be left home alone and they need to be schooled (insert obvious joke). Since the boys get a free pass, somebody needs to ensure the younger ones are cared for, and that somebody is Jana. She's never getting out of there.

• Love 5

Legally Blonde & saylubee: Last night I found the county appraisal record for Jer & Jing's house. They purchased on 6/5/17 and the assessement on the house is $160,450. The ownership is in both names. I saw that 'lien' term next to the previous owner, but I COULDN"T VIEW THE DEED and I couldn't find the recorded public record on any mortgages as I had to 'sign in' to view. Where did you see the mortgage deed recorded? Did you read the document? I used to work at our county courthouse here in Florida so I know about searching here in FL, but TX is a bit different. How much was the mortgage for and what was the purchase price? That will tell us what they put down. Thanks, you're all the best here.

The wouldn't use Jinger for the mortgage because she is unemployed and brings in no income, so they looked to Jeremy for his pastor's salary. This raises a question: why didn't the mortgage company consider Jinger employed by TLC and use her per episode income from the show? I suspect she IS NOT receiving money for her appearances on TLC because what we have suspected all along is correct: The Duggar children, even the ones of legal age are paid by TLC in to a "Duggar Family" account of some sort in which Jim Bob Duggar is in charge. This seems to add up to me.

Mr. Floridamom and I recently applied for a home mortgage and they didn't count me in to qualify because I wasn't employed long enough for past financial history to qualify. They used my husband's income alone for qualification. Jinger and Co., earn no money directly from TLC...shame on Jim Bob if this IS TRUE.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Legally Blonde & saylubee: Last night I found the county appraisal record for Jer & Jing's house. They purchased on 6/5/17 and the assessement on the house is $160,450. The ownership is in both names. I saw that 'lien' term next to the previous owner, but I COULDN"T VIEW THE DEED and I couldn't find the recorded public record on any mortgages as I had to 'sign in' to view. Where did you see the mortgage deed recorded? Did you read the document? I used to work at our county courthouse here in Florida so I know about searching here in FL, but TX is a bit different. How much was the mortgage for and what was the purchase price? That will tell us what they put down. Thanks, you're all the best here.

The wouldn't use Jinger for the mortgage because she is unemployed and brings in no income, so they looked to Jeremy for his pastor's salary. This raises a question: why didn't the mortgage company consider Jinger employed by TLC and use her per episode income from the show? I suspect she IS NOT receiving money for her appearances on TLC because what we have suspected all along is correct: The Duggar children, even the ones of legal age are paid by TLC in to a "Duggar Family" account of some sort in which Jim Bob Duggar is in charge. This seems to add up to me.

Mr. Floridamom and I recently applied for a home mortgage and they didn't count me in to qualify because I wasn't employed long enough for past financial history to qualify. They used my husband's income alone for qualification. Jinger and Co., earn no money directly from TLC...shame on Jim Bob if this IS TRUE.

Search for Webb County deeds.  There's another county website that displays the deeds.  I had to create an account to search for the deeds.  I have read the actual documents.  I'm not sure I can save it in any format since it's within their system, but if I can I'll PM it to you.

Texas is a non-disclosure state for purchase price so I only know what their mortgage is for.

Mortgage companies might consider Jinger's income too sporadic if she only gets paid once per season.  They can count it as part of their savings/down payment but it wouldn't qualify for the debt to income ratio.

• Love 2

How much was the loan amount? Thanks, I don't know how to PM, I'm very computer challenged. I also found that website, but didn't want to create an account. Thank you so much, saylubee. I appreciate the info.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, floridamom said:

How much was the loan amount? Thanks, I don't know how to PM, I'm very computer challenged. I also found that website, but didn't want to create an account. Thank you so much, saylubee. I appreciate the info.

I sent you what I had.  It's only a screenshot since I can't save the document.  You should see the notification for the message to be able to read it.  

I don't feel comfortable releasing the exact amount since it might be too much info, but the loan amount is under $100,000. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

All of the above.

And in her face in a weird way. I've never seen her hair look so bad.  Maybe Michelle helped her do it????  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, lizzie3 said:

One thing that I noticed about the sibling dynamic was how much they interrupted one another!  Perhaps that comes as a survival mechanism from being one of a brood of 19, but it came across as very rude, and also difficult for the viewer to follow the conversation.  The moderator did little to help the situation.

I think you're right about survival mechanism.  I only had one sibling, and still I was chastised for interrupting!

I remember Mom saying "don't butt in" and me saying, "if I don't butt in, I never get to say anything!"  It was true!

It is rude, though.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I'm old, but those roots remind me of a saying Mr. Xword told me:  "You have such pretty blonde hair; why do you dye the roots black?"

• Love 11

I thought the interviewer was perfect for the Duggars.  She reminded me of Sierra, and I thought everyone seemed pretty comfortable with her.  Nobody is going to ask them hard questions, and they wouldn't answer them anyway.  But we did get Duggars who seemed more comfortable than usual and a little bit of personality showed through.  Jessa still acts like she is carrying this show on her back, and basically she is.  Jill is a nothing, Jinge is living in Laredo, but maybe newly married Joy and Austin will bring a little bit to the show.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I thought the interviewer was perfect for the Duggars.  She reminded me of Sierra, and I thought everyone seemed pretty comfortable with her.  Nobody is going to ask them hard questions, and they wouldn't answer them anyway.  But we did get Duggars who seemed more comfortable than usual and a little bit of personality showed through.  Jessa still acts like she is carrying this show on her back, and basically she is.  Jill is a nothing, Jinge is living in Laredo, but maybe newly married Joy and Austin will bring a little bit to the show.

I liked that Ms Oz had a knack for hiding the Duggar awkward derpiness, and making the "forever alone" twins somewhat relaxed. There were few questions answered with a strained smile. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

My theory is that she's gay and went to her parents and told them so. This life of perpetual cloisterism and indentured servitude would be a very Duggar response to that.

Free Jana!

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 9

Bin. He seems so completely over it that he can't even fake it for an hour (and no I don't believe an "allergy" excuse). Obviously he married too early and probably married the wrong woman, but I would expect that he'd still feel -- yeah but she gave me my kids and I love them to pieces, so it's worth it. I don't even get that vibe for him. Lately anytime he mentions the kids, all he has to say about them is "ugh . . . diapers." I will say he needs to suck it up -- he's happy to take TLC's money, so he should be happy to turn it on for an hour for the cameras when needed. I really do wonder if he's drinking, using drugs or considering either; they've seen the Josh thing blow up so I don't think he'd go down the cheating road bc that can be scandal. But it isn't that hard to hide away some alcohol or weed "at work" -- he may be doing something to just survive his life/marriage.

Austin -- I get the impression that he's just as herp-derp as JB. In a way I was thinking - are they just a cute married couple - bc every time you looked over their way, he was kissing Joy or they were whispering amongst themselves during the interview. But when he speaks, you get the typical fundie headship vibe. They showed a video where the producers were pressing Jana on who she told re the new Seewald kid/did she have a boyfriend -- and Joy jumped in and said -- like she'd tell you if she did. Jeremy calls Joy out for her sass (not in a bad way - more in a fun way) and Austin says "that's my wife" - and you could tell Austin was NOT impressed. I think the whole pairing is sad -- esp. when Jana started saying that when Austin used to stay at their house while on local construction projects, Joy would be writing her name every where so he noticed and it sounds like she even flirted badly. Joy herself said something about a school girl crush. Um yeah. We all got those -- you wrote Joy Forsynth in your notebook a few million times; told your friends you liked him and they'd tell his friends who'd tell him; he'd ask you out to pizza; you'd go to the 8th grade dance and that was the "relationship." You didn't freaking marry the person bc you had a school girl crush. Felt bad for Joy when she said she's terrified of child birth -- bc yeah of course she's terrified she's 19 and sad part is she'll likely get to experience it within 12 months and probably in more like 10 months complete with grunting and screaming in front of a dozen people, none of who are doctors and with no pain relief whatsoever.

Jing and Jer -- I think they are well on their way to going fundie lite ala Alyssa Bates. She was in the interview in a knee length sleeveless dress and she and Jer constantly had their hands on each other's knees or thighs in a very natural way. I think he's introducing her to "regular" conservative life -- buying a 4 bedroom house without making a nursery immediately; getting a mortgage like normal people; NOT getting pregnant within a month of the wedding and I think not worrying/obsessing about it. I don't know how stable his job is given how small his church is, but I'm guessing he's willing to settle down in Laredo by buying a house and if this job doesn't work out, he will get himself another one to be able to pay the mortgage - he does have a college degree. I bet he wants the stability of THEIR house and desperately wants to make sure their house is not in Arkansas anywhere near the TTH.

Jer legitimately seems to hate the Duggar side. He was definitely not interested when the talk started re did you break any courtship rules. But then when it turned to him and Jing specifically -- he played on for a minute saying "we didn't talk about the kiss? Did we Jing, I don't remember . . . " but then was practically GLARING when the host called them out on the fact that the kiss on the way out the doors was really natural -- as herp derp brother in law Austin called out "they caught on quick" and herp derp JD said "did you practice beforehand" and Jer pretty sarcastically/mockingly while glaring said "ha ha." But i say the same thing about Jer as I do about Bin -- if you hate it all so much, earn better livings and stop taking TLC's money; but since you need that TLC income, shut up and deal.

• Love 17
(edited)
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sounds like JoStin came home to tape this between Switzerland and Israel. This would have been about the time that Jerick were on their #babymoon. Joy and Austin went back to Isreal around June 23 (returned home 7/3, which is more than 23 days after the wedding). 

If Jill was healthy enough to go to Branson, why didn't she show up to tape this hot mess? Duggars don't turn down paychecks. Jeremy may be over it, but he knows who bought that nice house in Laredo. And it wasn't him. 

Good question. However, the idea that this show didn't include Jill and Derick, made me want to say "YAAAAY!" in a soft little voice while doing quick little silent handclaps. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16

The interview was a 'soft one'. No one asks the real good questions. No one asks them to explain their 'responses' either. No interviewer asks the follow up questions to their answers. The Duggar get away with barely answering questions often. I don't understand why that is. Their interviews are mostly 'fluff' and yet TLC keeps on doing them.

I was disappointed yet again that we had another wasted 'episode'. Why were they renewed?

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, cereality said:

I really do wonder if he's drinking, using drugs or considering either; they've seen the Josh thing blow up so I don't think he'd go down the cheating road bc that can be scandal. But it isn't that hard to hide away some alcohol or weed "at work" -- he may be doing something to

I can't imagine how he'd have a weed hook-up but I'm not opposed to the idea. 

• Love 5

It's not all that hard to get pot and even easier to get alcohol (he's over 21 now right)? Ben is a fairly friendly guy whose full time job is being JB's errand boy. In all likelihood JB is sending him around town to various properties that are being worked on -- to check in on contractors; to drop off/pick up a key -- and to building supply stores to pick up materials etc. He's an outgoing guy when he's away from the Duggars -- all it takes is showing up someplace, not finding who you are looking for, walking around to look for the guy to find him behind his van smoking weed -- boom Bin gets introduced to weed and maybe even makes a friend who he can buy from.

On a different note -- since Jer and Jing are seemingly leaning fundie lite, I just realized -- they probably have or will get a TV right!? I'm sure Jer grew up in a home with TV or at least had access to it at his grandparents etc. Plus as an ex soccer player, he may have an interest in watching his former teams and friends like Luis who are still in the league. If Jing has gotten access to a TV, it's like a whole new world. Not suggesting she's diving right into XXX movies, but she could even watch 90s sitcoms like Friends and learn -- women don't always have to do what's expected, they can stand up for themselves, get a job, start over etc. (i.e. Rachel). How empowering . . . in addition to Jer who I think would support her if she wanted to start up a photography business in Laredo servicing a market besides her sisters or even get a job at a photography studio or coffee shop or wherever. We were shown Jer's book collection. I wonder if it's 100% religious or if he has some secular stuff in there; I really hope even 5% of it is books from college or athlete biographies or certain favorites from when he was a kid -- it would be something for Jinger to discover non-religious reading material too.

• Love 3

Isn't Ben still close with the guys from his homeschool football league?  All it takes is the one who was homeschooled because of his hippie dippie parents to have the weed hookup.  Ben has enough fringe friends that he could find some weed.

• Love 2

Although it would be fun, highly doubt Ben is smoking weed.  

He seems more miserable in the Duggar group than when alone with Jessa.  I think he hates the Duggars and likes/loves Jessa & the kids.  I'm sure he feels trapped in the Duggar vortex. 

Maybe that "courtship" nonsense makes Jeremy uncomfortable because I'm sure he has had physical contact with women before Jinger and most likely had some sex.  He is a born again virgin.  That has to be weird for jeremy talking like he is so immature and pure when he knows the nasty.