Type keyword(s) to search

Chris Hardwick: Singled Out Nerdist

Chris has a new job: (Since it's just a 10-episode series, I'm sure it won't affect his hosting duties on @M. Maybe he's working toward becoming the new king of TV, unseating Ryan Seacrest.)

NBC has named actor, comedian, author and TV personality Chris Hardwick as host and executive producer of the network’s new 10-episode primetime game show series “The Wall.”

From NBA superstar and global icon LeBron James’ and Maverick Carter’s SpringHill Entertainment and Glassman Media, this unique network series will feature two-person teams that are bonded together by family, friendship or life experiences. They will compete for life-changing amounts of cash that can be won or lost in an instant, depending upon whether a ball bounces your way, or a trivia question is answered correctly.

Good luck to him and his ravenous need for attention and validation from strangers, but game shows are not my thing and Chris himself certainly isn't a draw. I'll rely on you all to tell me how much of the show he hogs. ;)

• Love 1

I find it amusing that someone thought Chris would be a good fit fir a show that has even a small sport element.

He's done a lot of those Nerdist YouTube videos where he and his posse bowl against a crew from another show. I guess it depends on how much you count bowling as a sport.

Yes I know his dad was a professional bowler and Chris even bowled on the a talk show, I want to say Merv Griffin when he was five. Chris is just always talking about how he knows absolutely nothing about sports.

His celeb bowling thing was supposed to be a show on AMC hosted by the Sklars but it never aired.

• Love 1

I suspect CH's sports knowledge is a whole lot greater than he lets on.  If only because he seems to be someone interested in the news in general, and sports -- whether we like it or not -- is a big part of news in general.

His mom is a fan but he has being doing it from jump. The first Nerdist podcast famously took place on a super bowl Sunday because Chris

, Jonah and Tom Lennon had no clue it waa happening. .

. Matt was the person who mocked them and wrote most of all the sports s hit in @Midnight

I thought Chris' stand-up special was pretty good. I can't say I laughed, but I liked listening to him tell his stories in a lighthearted way. He's not a rat-tat-tat jokey comic.

Edited by lordonia

It's also strange to someone who was a teenager during the whole Patty Hearst abduction saga and media frenzy!

But sure. I wish happiness for Chris and Lydia and for me, that Chris refrains from mentioning the Hearst family on the show. I'm fine with "my wife" stories, but further allusions to which family it is aren't necessary. We get it already.

Wow, 650 guests at the wedding.

I've actually been to Hearst Castle! It's kinda gaudy in that nouveau-riche way, but some of the rooms are super cool. Plus, you can't beat the view.

She looks like her mom, right?

Lydia looks eerily like her mom!

I shouldn't fixate on this, but it makes me wonder how good the technology for lifts has gotten. Lydia and Chloe both list their heights as 5'9" yet Lydia in heels is never taller than Chris in photos while Chloe always was.

Tom Lennon says he's 5'8". This photo shows shows him with knees bent and Chris still looks shorter.

chloe.JPG

lydia.JPG

tom.JPG

6 hours ago, trow125 said:

Hearst Castle is in danger from the Chimney Fire. It remains closed to the public. (I realize the Hearst Castle is now a historic landmark and not a family home, but it was built by Lydia's great-grandfather.) I've always wanted to visit as I love historic homes, so I hope things turn out OK!

Lydia's dress was very pretty.

Man, Christian Sirano always does right by his clients, especially on big days.  She looks lovely, and the dress is beautiful - like a cross between Kate Middleton's wedding dress and Gwen Stefani's wedding dress.  They look happy; good for them.  

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 2

I've seen candid around the house pictures from both of them. Chris is always taller. I remember him discussing his height on his podcast. He prooomises he's taller than he looks. As someone who looks a lot taller than she is, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lydia and Chloe both list their heights as 5'9"

ETA: I see 5'8" in one place and 5'7" elsewhere. I bet she's even shorter.

Edited by LJonEarth

Because he has literally replaced his addiction to alcohol with one to working and cannot stop it Talking starts  tomorrow which will be a more general take show on Sundays on AMC when The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead are not airing.

• Love 1

It's starting to seem more than a little desperate/manic, right?

Jeez, Chris. Take a breath, calm down and maybe stop reading all the shit from online haters. People like you fine! You don't need to prove anything! You don't even need the money.

• Love 1

I haven't seen or heard a peep from the Hardwick empire in months. Did he stop working non-stop, or is he just busy in a corner of the world I don't pay attention to? About the time @midnight went off the air, it was the only show of his I watched, but his face seemed to be everywhere all the time, promoting one of his other hundred projects.

7 hours ago, possibilities said:

I haven't seen or heard a peep from the Hardwick empire in months. Did he stop working non-stop, or is he just busy in a corner of the world I don't pay attention to? About the time @midnight went off the air, it was the only show of his I watched, but his face seemed to be everywhere all the time, promoting one of his other hundred projects.

He finished hosting the 2nd season of 'The Wall' on NBC (that finished up in Feb. 2018).  And he has the ID10T comedy festival coming up in June that he created and hosts.

Still hosts the weekly 'Talking Dead' aftershow for both 'The Walking Dead' and 'Fear the Walking Dead' shows on AMC, and hosts the ID10T podcast (formerly the Nerdist Podcast) a couple of times a week.  

Definitely keeping himself busy.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

hosts the ID10T podcast (formerly the Nerdist Podcast) a couple of times a week.  

Thank you!  I forgot what his new podcast's name was.  I always enjoyed his podcast interviews