Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: We're In This Together

Joimiaroxeu
  • Start Topic

I'm starting to feel like maybe Mike needs to die as much as Angela. He's okay with James getting the death penalty for a murder he didn't commit?

At this rate Tariq will have to go to rehab when Kanan is done with him. He'll also be lucky if he doesn't end up in prison even if he is a kid. And did I miss how Kanan's face shows no sign of his having been almost completely burned alive?

Look at Dre trying to play everybody against each other. He's going to have a big problem if any of them start comparing notes.

Aw, Tommy. Your chickens are gonna come home to roost too. You can't kill a federal agent unless you want to end up in a cell next to James. And hey, was your mom getting with a married mob guy back before you were born?

Hope Proctor got a massive retainer. And something about the other attorney Silva definitely doesn't seem right to me.

Oh of course Angela is the one who figures it out. Let's sit back and watch her work it in a way that gets James out of the murder rap but leaves him permanently under her thumb.

Because the previews show her still believing Jamie is the killer.

No, I think she's playing with him because she knows she can "rescue" him now. At the very least she now knows Mike probably planted the gun while the security video was turned off.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, anonymiss said:

What did Angela actually realize at the end?

Exactly. Very frustrating. It is like she isn't using her investigator skills we have been shown for multiple seasons  

I'm so tired of Tariq and Kanan and that entire storyline. They all can gtfo.

Tommy is such a hot head. He's like a bull in a china shop. 

I hope that this is not the last time we see Proctor for the rest of the season. Jerry Ferrara is killing it this season.

Look at Dre trying to play everybody against each other. He's going to have a big problem if any of them start comparing notes.

Dre will be lucky if he is alive at the end of all this. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, anonymiss said:

She realized he didn't hide the gun in his office the night of Greg's murder.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, coleycole6 said:

I hope that this is not the last time we see Proctor for the rest of the season. Jerry Ferrara is killing it this season.

It's funny... I love the show, yet I'm completely annoyed by every single character right now with the exception of Turtle.  (Even Raina is somewhat on my shit list for not blowing up her moronic brother to Tasha.)  Umm, how can Turtle represent a conflict of interest while Angela is executing fucking search warrants on her ex-boyfriend because he supposedly killed her other ex-boyfriend????  That makes literally no sense.

If "Are you trying to get me to slap the fuck out of you?" was the last line of the series, I would've been happy.  That was hilarious.

There's no way a major drug empire could be successful with 2 soft idiots like Dre and Julio in positions of power.   Is it me or have they made Julio dumber to fit the storyline?  Dre lost any of the remaining points he had with me when he didn't yank that fool Tariq out of the party by his ear.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, nasir jones said:

There's no way a major drug empire could be successful with 2 soft idiots like Dre and Julio in positions of power.   Is it me or have they made Julio dumber to fit the storyline?  Dre lost any of the remaining points he had with me when he didn't yank that fool Tariq out of the party by his ear.

The writer said Julio is feeling insecure in his new position and that Is why he is acting that way....WHATEVER

At this point it is too hard to believe Dre hasn't put a bullet in Kanan.....

• Love 1
8 hours ago, nasir jones said:

It's funny... I love the show, yet I'm completely annoyed by every single character right now with the exception of Turtle.  (Even Raina is somewhat on my shit list for not blowing up her moronic brother to Tasha.)  Umm, how can Turtle represent a conflict of interest while Angela is executing fucking search warrants on her ex-boyfriend because he supposedly killed her other ex-boyfriend????  That makes literally no sense.

If "Are you trying to get me to slap the fuck out of you?" was the last line of the series, I would've been happy.  That was hilarious.

That conflict of interest thing had me like " ... I beg your pardon?" Because literally everything about Angela is a conflict of interest. At the basest level, her ex is accused of killing her other ex. Just ... come the fuck on. I hope we haven't seen the last of Jerry Ferrara - I like him.

Said it before, say it again: Tommy is both dumb and crazy, which is a dangerous combination.

I'd think a school like whichever one the St. Patrick kids go to would just kick them out even if they COULD pay. They'd get pressure from the other parents. Maybe they'd keep a Wall Streeter's kids around if he was accused of a white collar crime, but murdering a federal agent and potentially looking at death row is not the kind of image that Fake Horace Mann or whatever wants to portray. "We're concerned that your husband's legal troubles are a distraction for the student body." Boom, done.

Did no one on the prosecution look at that footage before?

• Love 2
(edited)

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. How have you lasted this long in the drug game when you are stupid stupid stupid. Have you never heard of patience, of playing the long game? 

It was nice to see Ghost flex a bit with Teresi. Speaking of...is Teresi Tommy's father? That could get messy.

Tasha's "are you trying to get me to slap the fuck out of you" was hilarious. Naturi Naughton is a gem.

Jerry Ferrara has been so good this season. I loved all of his scenes in this ep, but especially the last one with Ghost. So much unspoken emotion from both characters. Well done to JF and Omari.

Dre is such a damn snake. He can get on the DIAF line along with Kanan, Tariq and Mike.

Finally, I loved seeing Agent Donovan go off on the witness stand, if only because I adore seeing Ty Jones get some meaty material.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, anonymiss said:

In addition to realizing he din'y leave the gun in his office, she saw that Mike was in charge during the search, and something else, I did not catch, looked related to the placement of something.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/16/2017 at 11:38 PM, coleycole6 said:

I'm so tired of Tariq and Kanan and that entire storyline. They all can gtfo.

Tommy is such a hot head. He's like a bull in a china shop. 

Dre will be lucky if he is alive at the end of all this. 

Agree with much of this. I admit that I was seriously thinking about kicking this show to the curb during all of Tariq and Kanan's scenes. I'm tired of seeing the hood life as something "real" or authentic over the life Tasha and James have tried to provide for their kids. I'm tired of the conceit that some ugly, scruffy person that had never been introduced to Tariq or mentioned by his parents could have such control over him. I'm sick of the lack of loyalty to family that Tariq is showing. And last but not least, I'm just plain sick of Tariq and Kanan. I find nothing appealing in either character and I'm not liking the actors either.  There doesn't appear to be much acting going on from either one of them.

On 7/17/2017 at 11:17 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Finally, I loved seeing Agent Donovan go off on the witness stand, if only because I adore seeing Ty Jones get some meaty material.

This annoyed me, too.  An educated, professional black man incapable of expressing himself without acting like a fool?  Please.  

If Angela (with her skanky ass) doesn't get some payback, I'm going to be mad.

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, BigBlueMastiff said:

In addition to realizing he din'y leave the gun in his office, she saw that Mike was in charge during the search, and something else, I did not catch, looked related to the placement of something.

It also showed her noticing Mike's login as the last person to have viewed the footage. I wondered if that indicated he had tampered with it at all (deleting a frame or two). The previews are throwing me off but I guess that's what they're there for.

Edited by anonymiss
On 7/17/2017 at 11:25 AM, DOBABYR said:

The writer said Julio is feeling insecure in his new position and that Is why he is acting that way....WHATEVER

I can't stand the writer and the little "inside bits" clips she does after the show.  She always tries to make it seem that she and the other writers were oh, so clever, when in reality, they don't think most of this shit through.

21 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

It was nice see Ghost flex a bit with Teresi. Speaking of...is Teresi Tommy's father? That could get messy.

I suspected he might be Tommy's father when he got the info on Ghost.  If that is true, it will be very messy.  Especially since Teresi's wife don't play.  I love her, by the way. The way she cussed out her husband and his right hand man was gold.  Too bad she's dying (why can't the dumb people on this show die?); she should take over the business and knock some sense into all of them.

17 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I just saw the episode- what exactly did Angela see on the security footage that convinced her Jamie didn't hide the gun?

She noticed that from the night of the murder to the time Jamie was picked up, he never entered the office with a gun, nor actually went anywhere near the cabinets in the back, so there was no way he could have hid the gun.  

• Love 4

@luckyroll3 ah thank you very much. 

I too also thought Terressi could've been Tommy's father. Side note- I hate the trope that if a couple doesn't have children (Connie, Terressi's wife mentioned they had none- and it didn't seem they were childfree by choice), the man has a secret child with someone else ?.

• Love 3
On 7/17/2017 at 2:25 PM, DOBABYR said:

At this point it is too hard to believe Dre hasn't put a bullet in Kanan.....

I said this in a previous post.  Kanan does not have enough juice to be choking people out, disregarding deals that someone he wrongs doesn't just end him.  Tariq storyline needs to end.  It's just filler.

Conflict of interest?!?!  Why didn't Proctor blast the prosecution by bringing up Angela?  Judge would definitely have her removed, prosecution office reported to the bar, and a mistrial would be more likely.  But no, writers have to drag out this farce that anyone with any semblance of intelligence couldn't get past.

Tommy playing the typical hot-head gangster.  There's always one in every crew to add drama to the show.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, PsychoDrone said:

I said this in a previous post.  Kanan does not have enough juice to be choking people out, disregarding deals that someone he wrongs doesn't just end him.  Tariq storyline needs to end.  It's just filler.

Conflict of interest?!?!  Why didn't Proctor blast the prosecution by bringing up Angela?  Judge would definitely have her removed, prosecution office reported to the bar, and a mistrial would be more likely.  But no, writers have to drag out this farce that anyone with any semblance of intelligence couldn't get past.

Tommy playing the typical hot-head gangster.  There's always one in every crew to add drama to the show.

Yes. Angela admits to having a sexual relationship with the victim AND the defendant. Bye bye!! There could still be a mole in the prosecutors office. (The audience knows there is but the judge should be asking that)

This is blasphemous. Also, if James St Patrick is aware of the conflict of interest and makes an informed decision to keep his attorney what the flip is going on?!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, taurusrose said:

Agree with much of this. I admit that I was seriously thinking about kicking this show to the curb during all of Tariq and Kanan's scenes. I'm tired of seeing the hood life as something "real" or authentic over the life Tasha and James have tried to provide for their kids. I'm tired of the conceit that some ugly, scruffy person that had never been introduced to Tariq or mentioned by his parents could have such control over him. I'm sick of the lack of loyalty to family that Tariq is showing. And last but not least, I'm just plain sick of Tariq and Kanan. I find nothing appealing in either character and I'm not liking the actors either.  There doesn't appear to be much acting going on from either one of them.

This annoyed me, too.  An educated, professional black man incapable of expressing himself without acting like a fool?  Please.  

If Angela (with her skanky ass) doesn't get some payback, I'm going to be mad.

We're one in the damn same. Ita with everything you said. Literally. Oh how I loathe Angela and Tariq. And the crazy craziest part is, they both should know SO much better!!!!! 

My primary irritation with Tariq is the actor seems to play the same character (troubled teen, rebelling against parents) all the time.  Wouldn't it be great if the show turned his character around, have him realize how STUPID he is acting, and be instrumental in bringing down Kanan.  It could still happen, but for now, I'm sick of Tariq.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, PsychoDrone said:

My primary irritation with Tariq is the actor seems to play the same character (troubled teen, rebelling against parents) all the time.  Wouldn't it be great if the show turned his character around, have him realize how STUPID he is acting, and be instrumental in bringing down Kanan.  It could still happen, but for now, I'm sick of Tariq.

I was sure the girl he was in the room with was going to call him Kanaan instead of Slim.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, announcergirl said:

I was sure the girl he was in the room with was going to call him Kanaan instead of Slim.

Seriously.

I turned to my husband and said " I thought she was going to say 'who the fuck is slim?' "

• Love 1
On 7/18/2017 at 8:32 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I can't stand the writer and the little "inside bits" clips she does after the show.  She always tries to make it seem that she and the other writers were oh, so clever, when in reality, they don't think most of this shit through.

Me either.