Type keyword(s) to search

Flip Or Flop Atlanta - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Spoilers mean not discussing episode content before the episode airs, but I don't think we need that here. Go ahead and discuss the episodes, and I'll try and figure out how to get rid of the no spoiler tag. It may mean closing this thread down and opening a new one, but one way or another I'll get it fixed.

• Love 1

Warning: 1st episode aired on the east coast, and I'm going to talk about it in detail. 

Well, not that much detail. The first episode was okay. The Buckhead flip was beautiful, but the hosts still need to work on their on-air personalities. I really like them as flippers and as people, but they aren't as engaging as Tarek and Christina--or even Chip and Joanna, for that matter. A little boring, IMO.  But it's early, and I believe they can turn it around and become more outgoing for the cameras.

• Love 2

Just watched the premiere, and I mostly liked it. It was a split level with a million walls and extremely outdated finishes/decor. I am so glad they built a new entry straight into the main level because I can't stand split levels. Although I didn't love the colors of the exterior.

Predictably, they tore down all the walls and made it completely open. Since there was two living spaces, I wish they had left one of them closed off so it could be used as an office or play/media room. 

At least they had the good idea of *gasp* adding a wall to make a spare bedroom/ in-law suite in the basement. One open level is plenty. 

As far as the hosts, I like that the woman actually does things like help with demo and that she seems to be the leader of the two. Neither voice was grating and nothing stood out as bothering me too much 

• Love 7

I'm supposed to believe that a couple who flips 100 houses a year did not go around to the back of the house and inspect the deck until AFTER they'd already started demo?  I'm so tired of these "shocking surprises"!!!!

• Love 7

As Atlanta is my hometown, I figured I would be in for the long haul and I'm glad HGTV did not disappoint.  I enjoyed it. I liked the couple and I appreciate that the husband is a contractor and so can do work, inspect, etc. himself (and it will be convincing).  

I had a school friend that lived in one of those 1970s contemporary homes and I recall that kitchen was super tiny too (at least relative to the size of the house).  Must have been a thing.  In any event, I love that the front door was moved to eradicate the upstairs/downstairs entry.  Turning the basement into an in-law suite was smart. It can be a guest room or even be used as office space.  Like @katalizt, I thought they would have left the extra living area upstairs closed off to make an office since that's pretty standard in larger/luxury homes nowadays. 

Look forward to the next episode. 

• Love 2

First of all, that was a much bigger house than either Christina and Tarek or Bristol and Aubrey have ever tackled. There almost wasn't enough time in the half hour episode to cover everything they did to it. They didn't cover negotiations with the seller or staging. But it was an impressive renovation. I'd never heard of someone rebuilding the entryway before and moving it up one level, and that was pretty darn cool. 

I did not get a really strong feel for the hosts. I don't think they did a very good job of introducing themselves. "I'm a realtor and he's a contractor." Whoa, don't overwhelm me with the info, people! They didn't annoy me, though. I'd read some people found Anita's voice annoying but it didn't bother me. I thought she was a fairly refreshing change from the bottle blondes the other two shows have. I still don't have much of a sense of their personalities or dynamic though.

Verdict? On the fence, but didn't hate it and will continue to watch.

• Love 4

the house wasn't  trashed at all!  that surprised me...we see so many trashed houses on these shows....yes nice change with a woman who is not blonde for a change....it's only the first episode so I will keep watching  for the time being and see how the hosts come along and get in a groove

• Love 3

Overall, I like this show. The snobs at HGTV know better not to announce any spinoff of Flip Or Flop anymore. I've watched enough "series"'s of FOF already, so it's time to just f--- your a-hole down.

Overall, I like Giada's personality. The woman who got sent home (sorry, can't remember her name) was actually the right person to get sent home. I think her name was Addie? She showed a persona similar to that of Nana, in which she's Kathy Benson's daughter, per se maiden name. 

Anita reminded me of Tiffani Thiessen, although her hair is more colored and outlined than her. I think she had a beautiful dress and beautiful clothes on. Tarek and Christina do not impress the face whatsoever, Bristol and Aubrey are waaaaaaaaaaaay too much, and Ken and Anita are just nice.

I personally dislike split level homes so I thought changing the front entry to the upper level was genius. I didn't care for all the bare looking wood on the front porch and dormers--to me it just looked unfinished. But the porch itself was a really nice addition and complemented the front of the house and curb appeal.

The split level Flip was done well. I didn't even think it was possible to change the entryway on split level. That said, the couple while very nice they were very boring. They're miles ahead of the Las Vegas though. Their design style was tasteful but it wasn't anything that I couldn't do myself. The Las Vegas couples design style is horible & dare I say tacky. So Tarek & Christina are my #1, Atlanta #2 & Las Vegas #100.

• Love 4

Still too early to tell. Only one episode. I didn't dislike the hosts, but I didn't get much of a feel for them either - they were just kind of all business, no personal interactions at all. 

They still had to incorporate the silly trope of "Oh no we didn't realize we would have to replace the entire deck" nonsense this show seems to require. Surely they saw that on the initial walk-thru. Why make themselves look stupid? Surely the mold "surprise" was enough. 

• Love 1

They left the poor cameraman stuck on the 'collapsing' deck.

They made it better, but it was still shaped like a bricked in mobile home.  Kept wondering if they could have added a detached garage.  Could make the house look bigger and less bleh.

• Love 3

2nd Ep. Yeah, I thought it looked like a mobile home on a foundation too. The back yard and view were awesome. The inside was just a little blah for me. Nothing amazing but nothing awful ala Bristol and Aubrey. The guy (Ken?) my mom and I agree look like a younger Dean Cain. Give him some glasses and he is ready to be Clark Kent.

I can't see myself buying a $700,000 house with no garage! If I am going to spend money like that I want a garage. I hate having to get out in the rain and Hotlanta is not nicknamed that just for all that goes on there...it is super hot in the summer! Since I am not big on open concept, I think I would have wanted the fireplace but would they have found all that damage with it in place?

1 hour ago, pep4 said:

They left the poor cameraman stuck on the 'collapsing' deck.

I had to laugh at this...I hadn't thought of that. What I did think of was how he put his foot in exactly the "wrong" place. One other thing was them talking about the beautiful view...was it really that beautiful? I guess being located where it is is a good thing but not really so beautiful to me anyway.

Last thought...I would want a garage!

• Love 2

I completely agree about the garage and I thought the same thing. 

I still don't think these hosts have much personality. Now granted, it's kind of a nice change of pace from the "antics" of Tarek/Christina or Bristol/Aubrey (and nice not to have the wife some bottle blonde valley girl), but still. They need to give us a little bit more of their personal dynamics. 

They do great work though - in only two episodes I think I'm far more impressed with their work than I've ever been with the work done on the parent show or the Vegas version. They definitely seem like the genuine article. They don't go for gaudy finishes for "a pop of color" or go overboard on staging like the Vegas version, they just get right down to business. 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I can't see myself buying a $700,000 house with no garage! If I am going to spend money like that I want a garage. I hate having to get out in the rain and Hotlanta is not nicknamed that just for all that goes on there...it is super hot in the summer! Since I am not big on open concept, I think I would have wanted the fireplace but would they have found all that damage with it in place?

I had to laugh at this...I hadn't thought of that. What I did think of was how he put his foot in exactly the "wrong" place. One other thing was them talking about the beautiful view...was it really that beautiful? I guess being located where it is is a good thing but not really so beautiful to me anyway.

Last thought...I would want a garage!

I had the same thought about the fireplace. It's definitely a good thing they found the damage. Although they had already planned on a new roof, so they might have found the damage doing that anyway. I didn't like the fireplace or that huge brick wall all that much, but I also don't like open concept, so I was torn. Maybe I would've taken out the fireplace and put up a normal wall. 

I also agree about the view... The trees blocked any real view. But if behind the house is a very trafficked path/path, I'd rather keep the trees for some privacy.

I like how they begin the show in their office and get straight to business. None of that "I'm just out getting a coffee oh wait someone just happened to call me with a listing and I have to interrupt my coffee to go see it right this instant". I also noticed some pictures of (presumably) their kids on the desk and I appreciate that they are being kept out of the show (at least so far).

Edited by katalizt
Autocorrect is auto-incorrect.
  • Love 2

I agree, the lack of a garage at a $700,000 house would've been a deal breaker for me.  In addition to the many trees, it looked like the back of the house bordered a steep ravine.  I would think many families with young kids would prefer an actual yard with some open space for kids to play, a swing set, etc.  even if there was some space in front of the house, a backyard is so much nicer.  And a ravine like that could be dangerous for young kids.

i do like the designs these two come up with, very practical and appealing.

• Love 1

"GREIGE"

I was excited to see an Atlanta version of the FoF, but the neighborhoods so far are predictable, just blah.  High-end in terms of price, and zip code, but soul-less in terms of lifestyle. How about a Beltline property that's REALLY intown, a neighborhood with more flavor? Speaking of flavor, how about injecting some flavor into the hosts' personalities.  They haven't shown any of the lively and hip scenery in the introduction that represents Atlanta.  Just suburbish, even countrified, visuals.  Come on, y'all.  I admire what this couple does.  But we have Atlantans who are more interesting than THIS.  IJS !!!   

• Love 1

I would think many families with young kids would prefer an actual yard with some open space for kids to play, a swing set, etc.  even if there was some space in front of the house, a backyard is so much nicer. 

That house seemed to be set pretty far back off the road, so the front yard seemed pretty enormous in addition to being shielded from the road by all the trees. I'd have to say that's probably sufficient yard space and privacy. I didn't really think the back view of the park was all that but I guess the "Beltline" is a big thing there.

• Love 1

I keep forgetting to watch/record this show. What areas of Atlanta are they featuring? I lived in the 'burbs (Suwanee) from '92 to '96. I would have loved to live inside the Perimeter, but couldn't afford it.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I keep forgetting to watch/record this show. What areas of Atlanta are they featuring? I lived in the 'burbs (Suwanee) from '92 to '96. I would have loved to live inside the Perimeter, but couldn't afford it.

So far, they've done one house in Buckhead and one in Collier Hills on the Beltline in a high end neighborhood.

• Love 1

I finally got around to watching the first episode.  I LOVE that they moved the front door to the main level - not only did it make the house look better, it totally widen their buying pool!  I thought taking down all the walls on the main floor was a good call, but like a few other people mentioned, they should have left one up for an office.  They could have installed french doors or pocket doors so they could be open all the time if the buyer wanted to use it as a living room instead of an office, etc.  Plus, with the living room and finished basement, I didn't think the houses needed another living room.  I still thought the kitchen could have been a bit larger too.  I liked all the finishes/colors/staging, etc 

On 7/22/2017 at 3:38 PM, ByaNose said:

So Tarek & Christina are my #1, Atlanta #2 & Las Vegas #100.

LOL at LV being #100 - I totally agree!!

I liked the hosts for the reasons other people didn't.  I liked that they were involved with the labor.  I don't think that they were boring, I think they were just more serious.  They were more straight forward and professional.  He didn't act like a buffoon like Chip Gaines and she didn't act bubbly and annoying like Aubrey or fake like Christina.  I'm glad this show focused mostly on the house and renovating and little time on non relevant scenes with the couple.  I added the show to my DVR manager.

• Love 3

Watched ep 2.  I agree with everyone else about the garage.  I can't believe they didn't take $20k and build a garage - maybe they could have sold is for $850k instead of $799.  There was a space for it too - off to the right where the "driveway" ended. That totally didn't make any sense to me.  I wish they would have kept the fireplace. Maybe decreased the width of it so the floorplan would still be open concept and make it double sided.  The view was lovely, but the lack of a usable backyard was kind of a bummer.  The front yard was large and private, but it wasn't really landscaped with kids in mind.  

Back in town and watched the first few episodes. They were ... okay. No made-for-TV drama between the couple, which I appreciate. I did like the exterior front reno of the odd-split level, although the back of the house still had the funky 70s feel.  The second house that looked back out over the park, I like the contractor version of the cost "oh, all-new cabinets, new countertops, new floor, new lighting, new sink, etc etc? 15k". Hmm, where is the labor in that? You'll run about that in material costs.

He might be a contractor, and they might do a little of the work, but it's clear that is only for the cameras, they have an on-site job managers who handles the reno and the crew. At least the shots of him or her setting tile show that they have an idea of how to do it correctly, unlike Tarek, and when it shows her doing the tiling she isn't wearing a ton of rings and dangly bracelets.

I do like the subdued staging - they don't cram the rooms floor-to-ceiling with stuff and it isn't the hideously tacky stuff on the horrible Vegas version of this show. On the other hand, a lot of the staging is pretty bland.

On the other hand, there is just something missing so far. I watched two episodes and I am not sure I particularly care if I see another one. I'd prefer to see down-market renos, where the sky is not the limit on the reno. The husband says in one of the shows that they normally buy houses in the $200k range and I'd rather see those. Reno choices on a budget that lead to a great-looking end product are much more interesting to me.

He might be a contractor, and they might do a little of the work, but it's clear that is only for the cameras, they have an on-site job managers who handles the reno and the crew.

They would have to, in order to get all that work done in seven weeks. But unlike the other FoF hosts, they seem to be the real deal - that is to say, it doesn't appear that they do this just so they can have a TV show. That's why Tarek and Christina got into it, so they could make a show. And it's not Bristol and Aubrey's main profession either (he's an MMA fighter FFS). If they really flip 100 houses a year they must have dozens of projects going on at once. Obviously they're not doing all the work themselves.

Ken is super tall, I'm just noticing. When he walks through a doorway, his head just barely clears the door frame. And he has to duck walking through some of the interior doors.

The houses turn out pretty nice (not yard), but yes they are way too vanilla, give off a brother-sister vibe; and sheesh, does a woman over 35 need to dress like a tween in every episode?  Okay, that's all I have. 

On 7/31/2017 at 0:01 AM, pwdrpuff said:

The houses turn out pretty nice (not yard), but yes they are way too vanilla, give off a brother-sister vibe; and sheesh, does a woman over 35 need to dress like a tween in every episode?  Okay, that's all I have. 

I'm sure the producers have a huge say in her wardrobe and encourage the youth vibe. I actually have never noticed her clothing, but I'll be on the look out next time. 

And I think they showed more of their personality in episode 2 compared to the pilot. The thing is, they seem like interesting people. But they're both pretty introverted, which is fine (HUGE introvert here) but doesn't always make for great reality TV. Then again, Joanna Gaines seems introverted--but she's learned how to be an engaging TV personality. So there's hope for the Atlanta couple (why don't I know their names yet?).

I'm thinking that the Atlanta couple found a house that Tarek and Christina missed somehow! I could not believe all the trash (and apparently the smell). Even though the house was off the street, how could the county inspectors miss the mess that was outside and not done something about it? I cannot believe that the neighbors would not have complained.

I liked the finished house. Ken and Anita seem to design clean and simple which I like. I really don't mind that they are not over-the-top personalities. I like the cool and calm they present such a change from most of the other flipping shows. All in all, I am enjoying watching this version of F&F.

• Love 4

Hoarder/murder house was quite the project (episode 3).  (They didn't say that any murders took place there, but as they were walking around, I would have been looking for the bodies.)  How does this HAPPEN?!?!  I understand houses that have been neglected and houses that are dirty, but come on.  Houses hit by storms are in better condition.

Anyway, loved the end-result, even though it was totally "Fixer Upper" style.

• Love 2

I'm really starting to like Ken and Anita. They get the job done without any nonsense or fake surprises or bickering over finishes or weird tile designs for a "pop of color."

One thing I've noticed in at least two of their flips that surprises me is that when they take down walls to create an open concept they tend to leave in place vertical support posts and just incorporate them into the layout. Other flippers and renovators, like the Gaineses and the Property Brothers, almost always remove those support posts and replace them with ceiling beams and footings which cost a fortune because they insist leaving those posts will "ruin" the whole open feeling. Ruin I say! Yet I think it looks fine and serves to mark some sort of separation from one room to the other.

After the horror of seeing the trash-filled basement I was surprised we didn't get to see what they did with it in the remodel. Also, some of that furniture they were tossing looked perfectly salvageable - certainly the dining room table I saw them hauling out of the house looked like it was in good shape. I hope some of that stuff at least went to stagers or somewhere useful and not straight into the dumpster.

• Love 3

I like Ken and Anita and I love that we aren't subjected to any "oh nos!" on each and every episode that has to do with the roof, foundation, wiring, plumbing and/or unpermitted additions that so-called house flipping experts don't pick up on during their initial walk through or inspection.  Uh-huh.  I'm glad that neither Ken or Anita act goofy, silly, overdramatic or say "obsessed" 500 times during the half hour. 

The last house in Stone Mountain - - they did an excellent job.  Not surprised at all that they got a full price offer in 7 days.  It turned out very homey and looked spacious.  Perfect for a family. I'm sure all that hoarding stuff was dragged outside for filming purposes.  I would be willing to bet that the property was used as a rental (why it had not been renovated) and someone was evicted (why there was so much stuff) before Ken and Anita bought it.   Being here in California, that $120k price tag for a decent house with land makes me want to cry.  Or move.  Or both.

Also love Ken and Anita's dog.  Show her more, please.  

• Love 4
On 7/29/2017 at 3:08 PM, WildPlum said:

On the other hand, there is just something missing so far. I watched two episodes and I am not sure I particularly care if I see another one. I'd prefer to see down-market renos, where the sky is not the limit on the reno. The husband says in one of the shows that they normally buy houses in the $200k range and I'd rather see those. Reno choices on a budget that lead to a great-looking end product are much more interesting to me.

Good Bones might be a good show for you. That's the redheaded mother and daughter show. It's similar to Rehab Addict where they take super beat-up historic homes and fix them up. You can tell that both of them are extremely hands on with the demo, design and some of the fixing up. They're a little cheesy but not terribly annoying.

On 7/22/2017 at 4:38 PM, ByaNose said:

The split level Flip was done well. I didn't even think it was possible to change the entryway on split level.

It didn't look like a true split to me, where part of the house is half a flight of stairs down from the other part. It looked like a split level entrance only, with the whole first and second floors being congruent.

Another well done flip this week.  The only thing I didn't like was the color of the fireplace, but that's an easy change.  I really like the hosts.  I read a bit about them.  Anita used to be a math teacher and enjoyed teaching AP calculus, but left to work with Ken.  I thought that was interesting.  He has a degree in Risk Management and a Masters in Building Construction.  They both come across so much more professional than the hosts from the other two shows.  And I like that Anita doesn't wear a pound of makeup.  Also, I like that they don't have "drama" every week like the other shows.  When a problem happens, they get it fixed. Done.  This is one of two shows on HGTV that I actually watch all the way through without fast forwarding.  (the other show is Desert Flippers.)

• Love 4

I'd prefer to see down-market renos, where the sky is not the limit on the reno. The husband says in one of the shows that they normally buy houses in the $200k range and I'd rather see those. 

On this last one, they paid $110K on a $120 asking price, and ended up selling it for $299K. That's pretty damn good. It's also within a more reasonable price range than these cracker boxes they sell in Los Angeles for upwards of $600K. 

• Love 1
On 8/4/2017 at 11:48 AM, suebee12 said:

I liked the finished house. Ken and Anita seem to design clean and simple which I like. I really don't mind that they are not over-the-top personalities. I like the cool and calm they present such a change from most of the other flipping shows. All in all, I am enjoying watching this version of F&F.

I agree. I'm liking them more each week. I'm realizing that they're just two low-key, somewhat serious people. This week there was a brief scene at a petting zoo with their three kids--who look exactly like both of them, BTW. Ken told a corny joke about goats...and didn't laugh at it. Anita might have smiled. But she didn't dramatically roll her eyes or make a snide comment, either. 

I liked the Stone Mountain house. I'm very impressed so far with all of their reno work.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:37 PM, vesperholly said:

Good Bones might be a good show for you. That's the redheaded mother and daughter show. It's similar to Rehab Addict where they take super beat-up historic homes and fix them up. You can tell that both of them are extremely hands on with the demo, design and some of the fixing up. They're a little cheesy but not terribly annoying.

Team work makes the dream work! Yes, they are annoying as hell. Or maybe that's just on the commercial. 

32 minutes ago, topanga said:

I agree. I'm liking them more each week. I'm realizing that they're just two low-key, somewhat serious people. This week there was a brief scene at a petting zoo with their three kids--who look exactly like both of them, BTW. Ken told a corny joke about goats...and didn't laugh at it. Anita might have smiled. But she didn't dramatically roll her eyes or make a snide comment, either. 

I liked the Stone Mountain house. I'm very impressed so far with all of their reno work.

Team work makes the dream work! Yes, they are annoying as hell. Or maybe that's just on the commercial

I like Good Bones. First, so cool two women, mother and daughter, have such a business. Second, they are renovating absolute junk houses in Indianapolis - improving neighborhoods.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I like Good Bones. First, so cool two women, mother and daughter, have such a business. Second, they are renovating absolute junk houses in Indianapolis - improving neighborhoods.

I'm sure you're right, and the show is probably really good. The commercials just make me not want to watch it. 

I wonder if we'll ever see a flop the way we did on the original Flip or Flop (at least we used to) .

I wonder if we'll ever see a flop the way we did on the original Flip or Flop (at least we used to) .

Ask and you shall receive! Even though they made a small profit on the farmhouse it looked like it was more trouble than it was worth in the end. (I also suspect their "profit" was somewhat inflated. In the "Flip or Flop" follow-up episodes, we learned that some of the houses where they claimed to make a $20-30K profit were actually flops where they lost money. I don't know why, but it seems like HGTV really, really doesn't want to portray any flip as a flop. Maybe they're worried their sponsors will complain because it would discourage potential customers, but who knows?)

I agree the house was too close to what looked like a pretty busy street, especially since it sat on over an acre of land - which we really didn't see much of for some reason. And while I do think the rustic design was appropriate I did not care for the wood walls in the bathroom. That's the last thing you'd want in a room that gets steamy, it seems to me.

Ken keeps calling Anita "dude." I guess she doesn't mind. 

They have a nice website at redbarnhomes.com. I also noticed "Deal Farm Podcast" on Ken's shirt and looked it up. It looks like he and his wife have quite an extensive organization. They have their fingers in lots of pies, as the saying goes. 

I'm fine with the Atlanta couple. I don't watch these shows to get involved in the hosts' personalities or their family lives. It's annoying how obsessed Americans have become with celebrity. I want to see their work.

I'm getting kind of bored with the Flip or Flop idea, though. It's become a big, fat, Before and After show with some white and gray paint, tiles, marble, quartz thrown in. 

@chessiegal, I'm with you on Good Bones. Love that they get down and dirty. Very dirty sometimes. And, as it's a longer show, we get to see more of the work that goes into the place. 

As for that "teamwork makes the dream work" piece in the commercial....I would bet money that Mina wishes they'd cut that part out. 

Edited by mojito
  • Love 2

It looks like most cars would pass the farm house in Atlanta when driving by. That was a major road with a bend. It wasn't the best location thus the low profit. Overall, it was nicely done but it was HGTV 101. It was open concept with a farmhouse sink. The master bedroom turned out well with the master bath which it needed but it's still on 2 bedrooms, right? Hopefully, who ever bought it is single, married with one kid or married with 2 kids of the same sex. 

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It looks like most cars would pass the farm house in Atlanta when driving by. That was a major road with a bend. It wasn't the best location thus the low profit. Overall, it was nicely done but it was HGTV 101. It was open concept with a farmhouse sink. The master bedroom turned out well with the master bath which it needed but it's still on 2 bedrooms, right? Hopefully, who ever bought it is single, married with one kid or married with 2 kids of the same sex. 

Well, it was 2 bedrooms with a 'bonus' room which is essentially a bedroom without a closet.  I'd imagine that many buyers would take a look at that and turn the 'bonus' into a bedroom.  The only reason Ken and Anita didn't advertise it as a third bedroom is because they didn't want to upgrade the septic system which was too small for 3 bedrooms according to code.

Even with the open concept it was still a bit of a strange layout: the master bedroom had to be accessed from the kitchen. It looked like there was a doorway leading from the living room to the master bath, but the only door to the master bedroom I saw was in the kitchen. 

Yeah, you don't walk straight into a bedroom when you're looking at a house. That's strange, IMO.

When I started this thread, I noticed that many people were commenting on here, and they thought the same thing.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Even with the open concept it was still a bit of a strange layout: the master bedroom had to be accessed from the kitchen. It looked like there was a doorway leading from the living room to the master bath, but the only door to the master bedroom I saw was in the kitchen. 

According to the layout they showed, the only access to the master bedroom was directly from the kitchen, not even a hallway.  So, even with their renovations, the layout was still a bit strange.  I personally wouldn't want any bedroom directly off the kitchen, but especially the master.

The more I see Ken and Anita, the less I like Tarek and Christina. 

I knew the Kennesaw home would be a challenge as soon as I saw the location - - off the busy highway.  I am fairly indifferent about the master being directly off the kitchen - - at least it wasn't a bathroom.  While the two bedroom layout would be fine for a child free single person like myself, I'm not sure how many such people would be in that Kennesaw area.  Seems like Kennesaw is mostly young families. Did they ever mention how close it was to the school?  I suppose it could be rented out for a student or students that wanted to live off campus.  The other bedroom was a decent enough distance from the master and there were 2 bathrooms. 

I think Ken and Anita did a good job with what they had. The finishes seemed nice.  I was surprised at first they didn't go ahead and upgrade the septic for the third bedroom or do an addition but I'm guessing that the double whammy of new construction nearby along with the house sitting on that busy highway would seriously impact their sale value.

• Love 2