Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: The Dubrovnik Wedgie

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I'm not sure if Malia  was texting Adam the same night as her make-out session with Wes.  Technically that was Wes's anchor watch not Malia's.  We saw Malia on an anchor watch an episode or two earlier.  Regardless it does seem she went from telling Adam they were in the friend zone to suggesting they hook up in a hotel at the end of the season.  

I don't think she's being straight up with either of the guys.  

Adam's behavior on the town was despicable.  

Malia went to relieve Wes when his anchor watch ended at 3AM and hers began. I think it might be 6 hour shifts. The two of them made out for some time. Wes went to bed. Malia continued to be on anchor watch. I guess she could have been texting Adam early in the morning as he's getting up and prepping in the galley while she's still on anchor watch. She's clearly not being straight with either guy.

Adam is terrible. Malia is being shady as all get out. Lauren is the town crier who is sharing everyone's business, but I can't feel sorry for Adam. He sucks so much. He's also a clinger.

• Love 11

I thought it was Wes' anchor watch and that Malia was taking over the watch after his shift was done. I could be misremembering it though.

I do not think Malia is being honest with either of the guys. She tells them that she wants to be just friends for the duration of the season, but then she is kissing Wes and sending flirty texts to Adam. If the guys knew where they stand and Malia told them she wanted to date/had interest in both of them, then I would be a bit more okay with her actions. She seems to tell them one thing than do the opposite. I do think it would be awkward to date two guys that you live and work with.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Yup.  Listening to Wes tell it, Sandy gave her input rather than stating she would agree with Wes' choice.  Bottom line, Wes and Wes only made the choice.  Unless, of course, you count his boner in the decision making process. 

I love how by the end of the episode it had turned into Sandy picked Malia.

55 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I'm not sure if Malia  was texting Adam the same night as her make-out session with Wes.  Technically that was Wes's anchor watch not Malia's.  We saw Malia on an anchor watch an episode or two earlier.  Regardless it does seem she went from telling Adam they were in the friend zone to suggesting they hook up in a hotel at the end of the season.  

I don't think she's being straight up with either of the guys.  

Adam's behavior on the town was despicable.  

I think it was actually Malia's anchor watch, not that it matters.  Wes was the watch before her and she was relieving him was how I read it due to her saying that and the screen captions.  Bugs asked him if he was anchor watch while they were in the galley and he said yes until 3.  Then after the Bugs and Wes  slug shenanigans with the tequila guests it shows Malia getting out of bed and walking through the deserted galley and they caption the screen "2:58am Anchor Watch Shift Change" and she says to Wes "I'm here to relieve you."  He then brings up his idea of hanging out without everyone and she says she'd rather sneak around and then they start kissing.

ETA: Ha!  Looks like more than one of us was posting this at the same time.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

He then brings up his idea of hanging out without everyone and she says she'd rather sneak around and then they start kissing.

I completely forgot their conversation before they started kissing. Did Malia really say she would rather sneak around? Oh geez, that does not sound shady at all.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

I don't get all the hate towards Bugs. Calling her Fugly is pretty harsh. Her big crime is that she chafes under Hanna's rule? Every deck hand has said they want to be a captain. But when Bugs shows ambition she's ugly? Every one of us would have looked at that iPad. Who among us wouldn't spill a little tea on a boss we didn't like?

I wouldn't have looked.  As soon as I saw someone left their account logged in, I would have logged it out.  I do it at work all the time when I notice people leave their personal accounts logged in to shared devices (and sometimes even their own, if they are away or gone for the day).

• Love 8
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm still confused as to what is so amusing about Malia to men.  She seems so blank faced.  Why is that appealing?  She also seems to have very little personality.  I don't even see anything out of the ordinary about her looks.  I don't get it. An average looking girl, who avoids eye contact a lot and is not very personable.....odd, that she's so popular, imo. 

Well maybe Malia has other talents that go beyond being a "cute deckhand". 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I agree. I guess Captain Sandy did sort of approve it, but Wes made it seem like she gave more input into the decision than she actually did. 

Obviously Sandy had to approve but she did so without knowing Wes' favoritism toward Malia. He absolutely should not be hooking up with subordinates, but when he did, he should have taken her out of the running. Or told Sandy and allowed her to make the decision. 

Total side note, I would have promoted Max. He flies under the radar but he takes direction well and he saved them hours of work by suggesting the crane instead of rolling the slide up the ramp onto the boat. Plus he doesn't have that mutinous grin like Bobby.

3 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

I don't get all the hate towards Bugs. Calling her Fugly is pretty harsh. Her big crime is that she chafes under Hanna's rule? Every deck hand has said they want to be a captain. But when Bugs shows ambition she's ugly? Every one of us would have looked at that iPad. Who among us wouldn't spill a little tea on a boss we didn't like? I get that she can be a little smug. But Fugly? 

I agree about calling her Fugs, it's totally unwarranted...but then again I don't understand why she prefers to go by Bugs professionally either.

The main difference between the deckhands saying they would like to be captains, is that they are looking to Sandy to teach them and in no way are trying to take her job. Bugs has flat out said she deserves to be promoted above Hannah. Frankly, I think they are both in the wrong and Hannah fully deserves everything she got. It was shady of Bugs to show the messages to two deckhands (now the lowest ranking crew members besides Lauren) instead of going to her superiors (Hannah or Capt Sandy) but I guess it was noble of her to just manipulate Hannah until she confessed to Sandy herself. Either way, they both suck. 

I don't get all the hate towards Malia. So she's dating two guys. So what? She's not married - not engaged - completely single.

The problem is she's dating two coworkers and all three of them are in very close quarters. To be fair, when I was cute and single and 19 I may have done the same so I'm not about to point any fingers. Unfortunately for her, Adam is entirely unhinged and frankly I fear for Wes' safety, sharing a bunk with him and all.

But I really hate that Bobby is making her out to be some slut who sleeps her way to the top. For one, she never slept with Wes. But more importantly, she didn't even know about the "lead deckhand" producer bait. It's not like she intentionally flirted with Wes to get the promotion, which is barely more than a title. Instead of throwing a fit at Malia, Bobby should be taking it up with Wes and/or the Captain. This is Bugs and the iPad all over again.

Poor Captain Sandy, trying to preserve her professional reputation when these fuckers can't keep it in their pants.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought it was Wes' anchor watch and that Malia was taking over the watch after his shift was done. I could be misremembering it though.

I do not think Malia is being honest with either of the guys. She tells them that she wants to be just friends for the duration of the season, but then she is kissing Wes and sending flirty texts to Adam. If the guys knew where they stand and Malia told them she wanted to date/had interest in both of them, then I would be a bit more okay with her actions. She seems to tell them one thing than do the opposite. I do think it would be awkward to date two guys that you live and work with.

Girl it's even worse.  She tells them she just wants to make it through the rest of the charter.    Like, don't put baby in a corner, I'm doing what I want.   Which would work out fine if they also wanted what she did.   Either she wants one or she wants none, but, as indicated by their behavior, dating both men at once, is not an option.  Maybe she can/should keep seeing them both and one will drop out.   As an irresistible sex kitten myself, I too, have been in this position many times.  :D   Seriously, her clueless what did lil ole me thing is tiresome.  I would just like her to be completely transparent with both of them.   And I lightweight hate her for making me believe Adam.   When he said is that why you texted me, she never even motioned like she was gonna call him a liar.   He is a dick and a legit 5 stager and some sort of punkass for even datestamping/keeping messages, but I don't see a good and grown ass man, even one without pride, acting this beat if the girl he's chasing isn't carrot dangling.

About her looks, I've said that I think she's prettier than your average bear.  Throw in that she's young, has a body that's hard to find fault with and boyfriendless and I get it.    I'm dating myself here but:  Farrah Fawcett in 1976.  Pam Anderson in 1996.   It's not just one thing.    Oh shit, Wes and Adam are Lee Majors and Ryan O' Neal. 

Adam on dry land?  Disaster.  There's obviously no road rage problem in Croatia.  I fully expected the gentleman in the golf cart to put it in park and movie punch him in the back of the head.   Ah well, hope springs eternal, there's always next charter.  

I was mad they referred to $12K as a small tip.   I'd love to make a $1000 gratuity for 2 days.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, Xcptnl said:

Do they make other $ besides the tip $?

I'm not sure honestly.  But even if they aren't salaried, judging by how many charters they do a week, their average bi weekly *check* should be between $5-6K.   

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Xcptnl said:

I agree she signed off but Wes definitely made is sound like it was more her than him. 

Oh yeah I totally agree. He was trying to avoid the heat it would cause.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Xcptnl said:

Do they make other $ besides the tip $?

Yup! Both the yacht owner and Bravo have them on salary. These kids are easily pulling in 6 figures so I have no idea why they're scoffing at a $12K tip like they depend on that money.

• Love 3

It could be my taste but I think when you are spending that kind of dosh on a short cruise that the interior crew needs to step up their game on the tablescapes. Pink netting? Where are the flowers? (Real ones). Candles or those battery light ones to reduce risk of onboard fire? At least Hannah was ironing the napkins. They rotate guests so fast that they could afford to put in some new stuff into their rotation. It just looked cheap. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It could be my taste but I think when you are spending that kind of dosh on a short cruise that the interior crew needs to step up their game on the tablescapes. Pink netting? Where are the flowers? (Real ones). Candles or those battery light ones to reduce risk of onboard fire? At least Hannah was ironing the napkins. They rotate guests so fast that they could afford to put in some new stuff into their rotation. It just looked cheap. 

I thought so too. I too noticed the difference in tablescapes between BD and BDM. You always saw fresh flowers arriving on BD and the tablescapes seemed more clean and just right, granted there was an off one every season. Hands down Kate is the winner. Amy would be second. Kat was better at it than Fugs.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, rho said:

Yup! Both the yacht owner and Bravo have them on salary. These kids are easily pulling in 6 figures so I have no idea why they're scoffing at a $12K tip like they depend on that money.

Because it's never enough! I was very fortunate in work and never made a big to do about it even when close to minimum wage 40 years ago as a bank teller! I knew I always had it better than some and counted my blessings when my experience and future employers' need to elevate my fees exponentially! I never left a job just for money! I had to like what I was doing which is another reason I have such guilt for so many who seem to do work they don't like to do! These people on the show should feel like they're living "the life;" adventuresome, financially more than enough, and they'll have great tales to tell when they retire! Most people feel like their lives sucked doing work that was grueling with little to no reward! ;-(

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I guess she could have been texting Adam early in the morning as he's getting up and prepping in the galley while she's still on anchor watch. She's clearly not being straight with either guy.

I paused my DVR on Adam's texts and he clearly was texting her around 12:30 a.m., according to his phone.  He mentions something about Hawaii and how he misses spending time with her.  He says he hopes she's having sweet dreams, which makes sense - - she would have been sleeping if she were due to relieve Wes on anchor watch at 3 a.m.

The next text is from Malia and it's after 3:30  - maybe 3:50 a.m., if I'm remembering correctly.  It seems like it was after she and Wes had made out and yet she's texting Adam - - who she said she was friend zoning - - with hearts and kissing emojis and telling him she hoped they could spent the night together in a hotel.

So she's definitely not playing fair or straight.  In fact, out of everyone there, I dislike her the most because I think she's lying, she's playing people against each other and she's quite full of herself.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, rho said:

I think it's because "real" yachties work 6 months a year on yachts. Their summer and winter salaries are supposed to carry them through the bulk of the year probably with some serving and bartending to supplement.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I completely forgot their conversation before they started kissing. Did Malia really say she would rather sneak around? Oh geez, that does not sound shady at all.

I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something like it would be best if they just snuck off.  I don't hate myself enough to go back and check -- I've seen enough of the same stupid ads in the Bravo app, thank you very much.  If anyone else wants to, it was last episode and the part with Wes saying he was on watch until 3am is just before the 18 minute mark.

• Love 2

Hopefully Malia grows the fuck up and doesn't spend the rest of her life in this cool girl internalized misogyny haze. I physically recoiled every time she referred to herself as "a cute female". Maybe once it was as an adjective, as in "a cute female deckhand", but usually it was as a noun. "Female" as a noun is such a dog whistle for casually sexist bullshit (imo). She needs to stop seeking the approval of men and boys who talk like that; it's rubbing off on her in a bad way.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

I don't get all the hate towards Malia. So she's dating two guys. So what? She's not married - not engaged - completely single.

Just because Adam assumed he had her all to himself doesn't mean he did. He's acting like a big psychotic baby. If she chooses Wes, then just step back. I don't think dating two guys on the same small ship is such a great idea, but I don't think she owes anyone an apology. She may genuinely be interested in both. 

Adam is a pyschotic baby but she seems to be telling both of them she just wants to be friends and then doing the exact opposite.  I think she enjoys the attention she is getting.

And I would bet if you worked in a small office 24/7 and had one girl who seemed o be leading two men on, you'd probably be pretty annoyed especially when the triangle is causing havoc in a small office.

I would respect her if she had told both of them that she is not going to date either one and then stopped all romanic interludes completely.   But she's part of an unprofessional triangle.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

I wouldn't have looked.  As soon as I saw someone left their account logged in, I would have logged it out.  I do it at work all the time when I notice people leave their personal accounts logged in to shared devices (and sometimes even their own, if they are away or gone for the day).

Bugs is an ugly person because she isn't trying to rise on her own merits, but has,  since she first came on board,  tried to rise through trying to knock Hannah down. She's fugly inside. 

As far as the device goes, there are surely cybersecurity rules,  what she did, scrolling through and sharing his personal accounts was a breach of security and. unethical at best.  In many places I've worked it would have been an offense that got her immediately fired. She should have been. She us a crap shipmate and a crap human. I would not trust her if I were a guest,  after seeing this. 

In my opinion. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I knew I remembered her from somewhere. Didn't like her on MDLM, really didn't like her on this.

I suspect that if Million Dollar Listing Miami had been renewed she would have been replaced. She wasn't the best on-screen personality for that show and what little time she got on Below Deck Med also made her out to be self centered and pushy.

• Love 2

I was thinking it would be funny if Bobby let Adam Knock Wes out.  It would sort of be retribution for being passed over for promotion. If it were me I don't think I would step in.

I also think Adam is the kind of person that would become drunk on purpose in order to start a brawl with Wes and then claim afterward that it was all just a mistake.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I was thinking it would be funny if Bobby let Adam Knock Wes out.  It would sort of be retribution for being passed over for promotion. If it were me I don't think I would step in.

I also think Adam is the kind of person that would become drunk on purpose in order to start a brawl with Wes and then claim afterward that it was all just a mistake.

^That is no way to get over a woman; started early and never stopped! I have no sympathy for the guy! He ran a con game on all of us conspiring with the "SIREN," Malia! ;-)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

I don't get all the hate towards Bugs. Calling her Fugly is pretty harsh. Her big crime is that she chafes under Hanna's rule? Every deck hand has said they want to be a captain. But when Bugs shows ambition she's ugly? Every one of us would have looked at that iPad. Who among us wouldn't spill a little tea on a boss we didn't like? I get that she can be a little smug. But Fugly?

I think that it's because she has a fugly personality. It's not that she chafes under Hannah's rule, it's that she's actively trying to assert how much better she is than Hannah is. She volunteered to help with Lauren and then complained about how Hannah was pushing her responsibilities onto Bugs. She complained to Sandy that Hannah was sleeping in and abandoning them during charter when actually Hannah had been up late with the guests the night before and wasn't supposed to be doing breakfast. When she found the iPad, instead of doing the right thing and logging the guest out and keeping her mouth shut about it (this is an industry that prides itself on discretion) without going through it, or taking it straight to Captain Sandy if she thought there was truly something terrible, she decided to gossip with the rest of the boat and spy on Hannah all day. She also kept changing the story about what the messages said and how she found it. She has complained several times about how it's unfair that she has to do lates because of the Hannah incident but when she complains, she makes it seem that Hannah is just punishing her and shirking Hannah's duities. She's actively trying to get Hannah downgraded and is downright gleeful when she thinks she's got something over Hannah. She continues to shit stir and make sure that the rest of the crew dislikes Hannah. That's why I find her fugly. Her personality and her soul are fucking ugly. Hannah's not much better, but Bugs takes it to whole worlds beyond in the way she behaves.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Yup.  Listening to Wes tell it, Sandy gave her input rather than stating she would agree with Wes' choice.  Bottom line, Wes and Wes only made the choice.  Unless, of course, you count his boner in the decision making process. 

A guy once told me  men have two heads and only enough blood to work them one at a time. Guess we know which head made the decision.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

A guy once told me  men have two heads and only enough blood to work them one at a time. Guess we know which head made the decision.

IMO there's nothing sexy about a man who thinks with his penis. 

• Love 6

See - I don't think she is. I think she's telling them both the same thing. She can be telling Wes she likes him and be telling Adam she likes him as well. It's not lying if you actually like two people at the same time. They are trying to make her choose. In that context, Adam's text is this big smoking gun. But, I think she's been pretty clear that she has feelings for each of them. We saw her run after Adam, right in front of Wes. She told Adam that she'd been kissing Wes and was planning on going out for a date. She, herself, told about the tryst on anchor watch. 

I don't see her pitting the guys against each other. They each like her. She likes each of them. How the boys choose to behave is on them, not her.

Except that Malia told Adam (prior to kissing Wes in the wheelhouse) that she was going to "just be friends" with both guys.  So, she is playing games with both of them.  

And Samantha the charter guest!

I wanted to slap her. "It's not what we were promised. This is so unprofessional!" What do you want them to do about the weather?!?!

When I heard that, I wanted to slap her, too!  If I were Captain Sandy, I would have told her that Mother Nature decided that Samantha was such an entitled bitch, she wanted to teach her a lesson.  

So, she "had other things to do"??  How could those things be so important now, if she had already planned on being in Croatia for two more days??  

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/19/2017 at 7:16 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm still confused as to what is so amusing about Malia to men.  She seems so blank faced.  Why is that appealing?  She also seems to have very little personality.  I don't even see anything out of the ordinary about her looks.  I don't get it. An average looking girl, who avoids eye contact a lot and is not very personable.....odd, that she's so popular, imo. 

On 7/19/2017 at 7:08 AM, PumpkinPK said:

I don't find Malia anything super-special, either.  I asked my husband what he thought of her and I'm embarrassed to post his answer, but here goes.  He said she reminds him of a blonde, cute/not sexy, tiny version of Angelina Jolie and that if he was working on the boat 20 years younger and hadn't met me yet he'd probably be into her.  I really wish I hadn't asked.

If it makes you feel better at all, I wouldn't have touched Malia even when I was that age and even though I think she's pretty. She's very clearly a player and, on top of that, she doesn't have near enough curves for me. Hannah's got the body I've wanted on women since I was 14: a pretty face, big (but not huge) boobs, curvy hips, a great ass, and nicely toned legs. When you consider their non-physical attributes, Hannah's got Malia beat again. Hannah knows herself, has self-confidence, and doesn't make apologies for who she is and yet isn't overly arrogant; she also doesn't strike me as the type to use her sexuality to advance her career. While she's said she doesn't want a long-term relationship, if the right person came along that would change. Contrast that to Malia who doesn't seem to know herself very well, uses her sexuality to advance her career because she lacks the self-confidence to do it without using her sexuality, and is still at the stage where she's just DTF and is (mystifyingly) enjoying exploring what it's like to be the village bicycle.

Edited by MrSmith
Removed the sentence some found objectionable.
  • Love 6

God, Malia is such a loser! I would never look at her twice because she's waaaay too conceited to be appealing. She always says that she's "cute" and "pretty" and that's why men go for her. Well, Malia, I have news for you -- men may be initially attracted to you because you're cute, but after they realize that you're more arrogant than they are, they'll leave skid marks as they run out the door. So, STFU and GET OVER YOURSELF! My girlfriend says you make womankind look stupid and shallow, and I agree.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

Did that tool of a chef Adam refer to the stuffing of his beef roulade as "mushroom duck sally?"  It's "duxelles" nimrod. I despise him. 

I pretty sure he called it duxelles. His pronunciation isn't fantastic, but he didn't call it duck sally. I just rewatched it and closed captions even got it correct. They're often terrible with loan words.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

If it makes you feel better at all, I wouldn't have touched Malia even when I was that age and even though I think she's pretty. She's very clearly a player and, on top of that, she doesn't have near enough curves for me. Hannah's got the body I've wanted on women since I was 14: a pretty face, big (but not huge) boobs, curvy hips, a great ass, and nicely toned legs. Malia looks to me like an A cup in a padded bra with a skateboard figure. When you consider their non-physical attributes, Hannah's got Malia beat again. Hannah knows herself, has self-confidence, and doesn't make apologies for who she is and yet isn't overly arrogant; she also doesn't strike me as the type to use her sexuality to advance her career. While she's said she doesn't want a long-term relationship, if the right person came along that would change. Contrast that to Malia who doesn't seem to know herself very well, uses her sexuality to advance her career because she lacks the self-confidence to do it without using her sexuality, and is still at the stage where she's just DTF and is (mystifyingly) enjoying exploring what it's like to be the village bicycle.

I'm a woman and I'd kill for Hannah's body! And when her makeup and hair is right, her face can look very pretty.

I think Malia is cute, but I could see that boyish figure plumping up as time goes on and that very round face of hers getting even more round.I don't think she's age well.

• Love 5

And can you imagine how pissed you'd be if you were the one paying for the charter and Samantha decided to bail? That's pretty rude.  It's like saying, "I'm special and need to be constantly entertained. I'd rather leave mid charter than spend any time simply enjoying your company!"

• Love 10
12 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Very well stated MegD. I wish I had your gift of eloquent and articulate speaking! All I can say is Bugsy is Fugly on the INSIDE. 

I think Bugs is fugs inside AND out.  Not an attractive woman, imo, and especially when compared to Hannah, Lauren, Sandy and Malia.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, rho said:

To be fair, when I was cute and single and 19 I may have done the same so I'm not about to point any fingers. 

But she's 26... older than the "supervisor" she's hooking up with, actually. If she was 19 I think people would be a little more understanding. At 26, I'm side-eyeing the hell out of her actions. 

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm a woman and I'd kill for Hannah's body! And when her makeup and hair is right, her face can look very pretty.

I don't think Hannah is anything special, she always kind of looks grubby to me. Maybe it's the horribly long dark roots. Dye your damn hair, it looks ratchet. She just seems trashy to me. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7

I'm neutral on Bugsy. I mean, I don't find her physically attractive, but that doesn't mean she isn't exactly what someone else dreams of. I try not to throw shade at people over their looks, and sometimes I fail to resist doing exactly that. After all, no one is attractive to everyone. As for her personality, again I am neutral. There are things she's done that I dislike, but there are things that all of these people have done that I dislike - and that includes Hannah, who I am hormonally predisposed to give a pass on everything.

Most of the things Bugsy does just don't strike me as particularly heinous. Unprofessional? Sure. Ill-considered? Yes. Not designed to win friends? Some of the time. In spite of her trawling through Hannah's conversation with Jason, I can't really hold that against her as a person, either. As discussed here, most people would have done almost the same thing as she did, minus the dragging the iPad around for 8 hours. Since most people would have done something similar to what she did, I can't dismiss her as evil for doing it. Apparently, I'm just some kind of paladin since I wouldn't have. :D

• Love 5

I'm at a loss as to why Adam went after Wes.  Wes didn't owe Adam anything.  But I guess Adam couldn't hit Malia. 

Speaking of which, she's supremely irritating.  Buuuuuuuut I have to forgive her for some of this, because it's such 20-something-insecure behavior.  She's on a boat, this closed atmosphere, with all these guys who for some reason think she's the hottest thing on it.  She's feeling power, and doesn't want to give even the slightest bit of it up.   It's a heady thing when everyone you're with thinks you're sex on legs.  It's just cringeworthy to watch because we allllll know it's going to blow up in her face at some point.

Also, here's the thing -- all those boys love Malia because when you're a 20-something-insecure male, cute and non-threatening is probably super appealing.  Hannah has to scare the hell out of them; Bugs veers wildly emotionally from 20 to 80; and Lauren, well, Lauren already hooked up with one of them (Bobby), and has been labeled verboten ever since that came out.  In my experience, men in their early twenties who have their own insecurity issues rarely want complicated and interesting; bland and boring is easier, doesn't challenge them or question them and doesn't require all that much emotional investment.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I don't think Hannah is anything special, she always kind of looks grubby to me. Maybe it's the horribly long dark roots. Dye your damn hair, it looks ratchet. She just seems trashy to me. 

Her roots have been bugging me to no end.  I am sure she has had time to get them done.  Call a local spa and get partial highlights!

• Love 3

@LucyHoneychrrch That's a very good explanation as to why all the men on the boat want Malia. Thanks!

34 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Her roots have been bugging me to no end.  I am sure she has had time to get them done.  Call a local spa and get partial highlights!

It could be that she's letting her dye job go because she doesn't have the stuff she needs to take proper care or may not have the time and space to take proper care of it. Bleached hair requires special conditioning and cannot be exposed to high heat, such as from hair dryers. Otherwise, it gets brittle and will eventually fall out if you continue to bleach it and don't care for it properly. My wife's oldest sister is going through this right now. The professional salon she's been going to for years has, it turns out, been bleaching her hair without telling her and without giving her any guidance on proper care to avoid long-term damage. She only discovered this because she went to a beauty school for her latest dye job and they could tell by the damage that her hair has been being bleached. It's going to take about four years for her hair to grow out to the point where the damaged hair is all gone and she can once again have it bleached if she wants. (My wife doesn't understand how her sister didn't smell the bleach, but that's another story!)

4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

If it makes you feel better at all, I wouldn't have touched Malia even when I was that age and even though I think she's pretty. She's very clearly a player and, on top of that, she doesn't have near enough curves for me. Hannah's got the body I've wanted on women since I was 14: a pretty face, big (but not huge) boobs, curvy hips, a great ass, and nicely toned legs. Malia looks to me like an A cup in a padded bra with a skateboard figure. When you consider their non-physical attributes, Hannah's got Malia beat again. Hannah knows herself, has self-confidence, and doesn't make apologies for who she is and yet isn't overly arrogant; she also doesn't strike me as the type to use her sexuality to advance her career. While she's said she doesn't want a long-term relationship, if the right person came along that would change. Contrast that to Malia who doesn't seem to know herself very well, uses her sexuality to advance her career because she lacks the self-confidence to do it without using her sexuality, and is still at the stage where she's just DTF and is (mystifyingly) enjoying exploring what it's like to be the village bicycle.

I'll agree that Hannah has a smoking body, but she's far from self-confident.  She's very insecure and just postures as a bad ass to cover her insecurities.  This can be seen in various ways across her two seasons.  There's the way she manages -- often throwing her number of stripes around ("whoa, I've got 2 stripes, buddy") and forming gossipy cliques with her subordinates to ostracize her other subordinate  instad of just dealign with issues head-on (been done both seasons and often flip flops depending on who has upset her last).  She just doesn't have the self-confidence needed to be a good leader.  There's also the pathetic way she's thrown herself at multiple coworkers and in at least one instance got all butt hurt when he preferred someone else or just lashed out at them unprofessionally when they rejected her advances.  There's other examples, but I'm busy today and shouldn't even be on here.

52 minutes ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Also, here's the thing -- all those boys love Malia because when you're a 20-something-insecure male, cute and non-threatening is probably super appealing.  Hannah has to scare the hell out of them; Bugs veers wildly emotionally from 20 to 80; and Lauren, well, Lauren already hooked up with one of them (Bobby), and has been labeled verboten ever since that came out.  In my experience, men in their early twenties who have their own insecurity issues rarely want complicated and interesting; bland and boring is easier, doesn't challenge them or question them and doesn't require all that much emotional investment.

I think most of them are closer to their early thirties than their early twenties.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'll agree that Hannah has a smoking body, but she's far from self-confident.  She's very insecure and just postures as a bad ass to cover her insecurities.  This can be seen in various ways across her two seasons.  There's the way she manages -- often throwing her number of stripes around ("whoa, I've got 2 stripes, buddy") and forming gossipy cliques with her subordinates to ostracize her other subordinate  instad of just dealign with issues head-on (been done both seasons and often flip flops depending on who has upset her last).  She just doesn't have the self-confidence needed to be a good leader.  There's also the pathetic way she's thrown herself at multiple coworkers and in at least one instance got all butt hurt when he preferred someone else or just lashed out at them unprofessionally when they rejected her advances.  There's other examples, but I'm busy today and shouldn't even be on here.

Valid points.

Wes claims that he's never hooked up with any of the staff before but I find this very hard to believe judging by how quickly he hooked up with Malia. Very poor judgment on his part and continued bad judgment in doing it while on watch and promoting her. Also is anyone else sick of Malia saying how cute she is and thats why everyones mad that she got the promotion from her boyfriend/boss? She seems like a real winner(sarcasm). Regardless this season has effectively ended the careers of Wes, Malia, Adam, Hannah, and many others. I wouldn't trust any of them in supervisor positions. Honestly the only ones I would hire are Captain Sandy, Bugs, Bobby and Max. The rest can go and love themselves.

And yes Hannah is way hotter than Malia(my opinion). Hannah has a much nicer body and Malia starting to look rough. Plus I could enjoy being around Hannah. Even though she's not perfect by any means I like her personality better. 

• Love 3