Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

The bill for my port and ONE dose of chemo was $57,000.

Yes, it's beyond me how the insurance and pharmaceutical companies can have such large profits at the expense of bleeding our pockets dry and leaving too many to make choices between medications and food. 

I sincererly hope that you are doing well. If you ever need to vent PM me. 

3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

OMG! $57,000 is mind boggling! I hope you're doing well or at least coping with your chemo!

I finished in 2015. I still have one more surgery and two more years of monitoring, but I'm healthy and cancer free. I think the total costs were about 250,000. We have great insurance, (fortune 500 company), but our share was still about 20,000. I doubt Kathryn's parents have anything nearly as good as we have. 

22 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I finished in 2015. I still have one more surgery and two more years of monitoring, but I'm healthy and cancer free. I think the total costs were about 250,000. We have great insurance, (fortune 500 company), but our share was still about 20,000. I doubt Kathryn's parents have anything nearly as good as we have. 

I'm very happy for you that you are now cancer free. 

Last post I'll make on the subject. Some days I had to stop and rest halfways up the stairs. Once I parked in the reserved for shoppers with children spots at the grocery store and a 30 something woman gave me a screaming tongue lashing for having taken the spot. 

Kathryn's mother is in a tough spot.

17 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

No, I might not have put my thought out clearly. What I tried to say was that Thomas (if he was all about what is best for his children) might have asked her not to appear in a reality tv show so that she could raise their children with privacy and not the heavy SM attention. Then he thought that would cut out her paycheck and make him the sole source of income for the children and her (if she gave up her tv career to care for them full time). Her mother has cancer and her father is not allowed near the children (due to some mental condition) so her parents do not have an income to spare. I'm sure the cost of the cancer treatment alone is a purse buster. 

At this time I think TRav has a laissez-faire attitude. 

I would just add that Thomas could also have agreed to not appear on reality TV and raise their children in privacy. It's not like he needs the money.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Katy Perry wore the same dress and the fashion world loved it. It's not my cup of tea, but Marchesa's a very popular designer.

I should correct myself because the dress itself isn't ugly per se. There's a very Spanish style vibe to it that I can appreciate when put together well and showcased in a way that brings attentions to the details (though still a bit too fluffy for my tastes). There was a lot of things that didn't work well with the dress. Kathryn's hair muted the look because there was no contrast to the look. It was a big ball of red with pink lips. Her hair should have been pulled back to avoid the busyness of the dress and most importantly, that isn't a dress you wear when you expect to be sitting on a couch of a ll places. Sure it's more comfortable than walking a red carpet or sitting in a theatre style chair but the latter options won't make you look like a big ball of ruffles. To make matters worse, she crossed her legs during the reunion as well - it was a forgivable dress that looked worse than it did because it was a poor choice of event to wear it.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I would just add that Thomas could also have agreed to not appear on reality TV and raise their children in privacy. It's not like he needs the money.

I agree, I don't want to see any more scenes of his pulling the little girl out of the car while she's screaming mommy, mommy, mommy.

On 8/7/2017 at 6:39 PM, Swim mom said:

Thomas forced Kathryn to not film? So that she'd be dependent on him? What a dirtbag! Not surprised, though, it's his style.

Was that in the public record/custody agreement? If so, can you point me to which page? I don't remember this.

@Swim mom, good wishes to you. My sister is undergoing radiation today.