Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

On 7/18/2017 at 7:22 AM, Pickles said:

Do we know if Shep has EVER been in a monogamous relationship for any length of time? I can't even picture it. If he ever got married, I would think he'd be straying on a regular basis.

I am thinking after some time of continued drinking he may not be ABLE to stray.  It cannot be said enough he is aging rapidly and is looking like total shit.  I used to work with a gal who had a drinking problem and she would always smell like wine in the morning.  I picture him the same way.  

On 7/18/2017 at 10:54 AM, Major Bigtime said:

They get some of that information from public court records. Are Landon's divorce records sealed? 

I thought Kathryn was wearing a wig, based on the way the hair strands sparkled in the light. Looked very synthetic to me.

Nope.  Its her hair.  I had that color in the late 80s.  

• Love 2
On 7/17/2017 at 7:20 PM, Emmeline said:

For the love of God, they have stylists on set, why does Katherine's hair look like a stringy mess?

Chelsea's didn't look so hot either and she's a hairstylist!

On 7/18/2017 at 11:22 AM, politichick said:

Whoever did Kathryn's hair needs to go back to beauty school. Her hair was so lovely the way it was when it was a normal red. That color was for clowns and the cut was so, so, so, so bad!

I think Chelsea did it.  I feel like I saw a tweet or a post of a tweet or something between the two of them - coming from Chelsea saying they were glad they did it. 

• Love 3
On 7/18/2017 at 9:22 AM, Pickles said:

Do we know if Shep has EVER been in a monogamous relationship for any length of time? I can't even picture it. If he ever got married, I would think he'd be straying on a regular basis.

I think he and Danni dated for 6 or 7 months before they filmed season 1. I don't think we've heard of anyone with a longer relationship with Shep.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Seen a lot of comments about Kathryn's hair but shouldn't someone have handed Shep a comb and told him to use it? 

Shep's hair has been a mystery to me this season.  It used to be so cute with his little curls, but this season it seems flat and vaguely unattractive.  I guess just like the rest of him.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think he and Danni dated for 6 or 7 months before they filmed season 1. I don't think we've heard of anyone with a longer relationship with Shep.

I don't think he's had a girlfriend ever since he did the show...what about Bailey? He said she was an ex on the finale...

I think at this point, Shep just doesn't know how to be in a relationship anymore. He sees a girl he likes at a bar and all he can think about is how he can fuck her at the end of the night. I think that's the underlying implication during the "intervention" at the reunion. He's so entitled that he no longer knows how to woo women anymore and see anything beyond a one-night stand, so even if he comes across some unicorn woman, all he can think about is STILL buying her some shots and banging her later. I'm not sure how often he gets rejected, but it seemed like he was really surprised Chelsea didn't go for it when he took her outside to try to score on her. 

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Chelsea's didn't look so hot either and she's a hairstylist!

I think Chelsea did it.  I feel like I saw a tweet or a post of a tweet or something between the two of them - coming from Chelsea saying they were glad they did it. 

LOL, Chelsea said she did her own hair. 

Coincidentally, the show's official hair and make-up artist is also named Chelsea - Chelsea Shea. She's the one who did Kathryn's hair, not Chelsea Meissner.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2
Just now, TexasGal said:

Shep's hair has been a mystery to me this season.  It used to be so cute with his little curls, but this season it seems flat and vaguely unattractive.  I guess just like the rest of him.

I would have thought that he has bed head and indeed somedays he probably does but lately the unwashed look isn't flattering. 

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I would have thought that he has bed head and indeed somedays he probably does but lately the unwashed look isn't flattering. 

He has bus bench head. Or bar floor head. Or whose couch is this head. I suspect that his hair looks so bad when Cameran comes to wake him up fully dressed in his clothes at 1pm in his bed because he's already spent the bulk of his unconscious hours at any of the former three places and not the latter.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8

After watching both parts of the reunion, I can say that I do not feel sorry for Katherine one bit.   All she did was make faces, accuse practically everyone for her misfortunes, and be. Downright rude.  As a very young girl, SHE chose to get drunk and pregnant, take drugs and  lose any friend she may have had.  Her mission was to "hook" Thomas and it failed.  I don't believe she loves those kids more than herself.  Thomas knows they will never thrive if she ever got custody, which will never happen.  She sat there in that ridiculous costume like she was the belle of the ball.  She snickered at everyone when they said something not to her liking, especially Jennifer.  She is so self absorbed, a liar and delusional.  I'm sure the whole cast can see right thru her, except Craig.  I'm not really a. Fan of Thomas, but for those kids sakes, I hope he finds a decent woman who will help raise those kids.   Katherine is a lost cause and I really don't feel sorry for her plight.  Thomas will have his hands full dealing with her the rest of his life. No protection at the time .. Lots of luck in the future Thomas.  Hooray for Craig (Passing the bar) up your ass Shep, and lots of luck with the baby Cameron.  Andy Cohen put too much stock in Katherine and got screwed.

• Love 8
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, Atlanta said:

I'll be skipping Relationshep. I don't like 'Bachelor' type shows and this is another version.

I did notice that Cam didn't call Chelsea Cheltsee. LOL

I'm hoping it'll be more like VH1s totally phony and over the top dating shows, Flavor of Love and Rock of Love.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

I'm hoping it'll be more like VH1s totally phony and over the top dating shows, Flavor of Love and Rock of Love.

Shep can only dream of reaching the legendary heights of "Dicksucker Whorebag"!

RIP Rock of Love, we shall never meet your like again....

• Love 12
9 hours ago, bosawks said:

Shep can only dream of reaching the legendary heights of "Dicksucker Whorebag"!

RIP Rock of Love, we shall never meet your like again....

"Don't threaten me with a good time" !

• Love 12

Shep was cute in the beginning but not anymore.  He is a "Man/Child living on a trust fund, screwing around and drinking every night like there's no tomorrow.  There may not be a tomorrow if his liver gives out.  What the hell does this guy do for a living anyhow?  He sleeps till afternoon and gets up with a hangover.  Does he own properties that generate rent?  Oh, and how he envies Craig.  He just can't contain himself.  He's sooo jealous of Craig, it's eating him up alive.  Craig has the looks, has the girl, is soft hearted and passed the bar.  Underneath, I think Shep was not happy about that at all.  He had better get his shit together or he will wind up like Katherine as everyone is sick of him.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Shep was cute in the beginning but not anymore.  He is a "Man/Child living on a trust fund, screwing around and drinking every night like there's no tomorrow.  There may not be a tomorrow if his liver gives out.  What the hell does this guy do for a living anyhow?  He sleeps till afternoon and gets up with a hangover.  Does he own properties that generate rent?  Oh, and how he envies Craig.  He just can't contain himself.  He's sooo jealous of Craig, it's eating him up alive.  Craig has the looks, has the girl, is soft hearted and passed the bar.  Underneath, I think Shep was not happy about that at all.  He had better get his shit together or he will wind up like Katherine as everyone is sick of him.

Shep can't pass a bar. He has to go in. Snort. Hardy har har. ;) *drum fill*

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I was thinking it will be a total Rock of Love, except Shep isn't sober like Bret Michaels nor does he have an actual talent and career like Bret. Plus, I found Bret to be a pretty decent guy, despite the whole concept of the show. So apparently Shep went to California, Texas, and New York -- that's really "searching the country". Please let this Shepwreck last only one season.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I think Shep may be losing some of his hair. If we see him with a new do and a lot more fluff, I guess that will be the tell that he bought a rug.

In an early episode where Shep goes to Chelsea for a haircut, and Chelsea combs his hair back, I was surprised at how much balding there was. I don't remember how his hair looked in earlier seasons, but I would assume better, since Shep overall looked better in earlier seasons. 

So now that the season is over - what did you guys think of the season overall? What do you think are the chances for Season 5 renewal? What are y'all's favorite episodes? Mine was the hunting trip. It had the least drama (that I can remember), everybody seems to be genuinely having fun and just enjoyed hanging out with each other, and it's the episode that I think most resembles what Southern Charm The Show would be to the first-time/casual viewer. 

I wish we'd seen more of Carson Kressley's book party, and the dinner/roast at Thomas' house. I've always thought that that's the lifeblood of this show - how there are always parties/events/get-togethers, whether authentic or made-up - I watch for that. Because this show is supposed to be how the elite South lives. Instead, we got a lot of drama that seems more suited on your MTV channel. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

In an early episode where Shep goes to Chelsea for a haircut, and Chelsea combs his hair back, I was surprised at how balding there is. I don't remember how his hair looked in earlier seasons, but I would assume better, since Shep overall looked better in earlier seasons. 

So now that the season is over - what did you guys think of the season overall? What do you think are the chances for Season 5 renewal? What are y'all's favorite episodes? Mine was the hunting trip. It had the least drama (that I can remember), everybody seems to be genuinely having fun and just enjoyed hanging out with each other, and it's the episode that I think most resembles what Southern Charm The Show would be to the first-time/casual viewer. 

I wish we'd seen more of Carson Kressley's book party, and the dinner/roast at Thomas' house. I've always thought that that's the lifeblood of this show - how there are always parties/events/get-togethers, whether authentic or made-up - I watch for that. Because this show is supposed to be how the elite South lives. Instead, we got a lot of drama that seems more suited on your MTV channel. 

I agree.  I would have liked to see more of the city and surrounding outdoor sites, more balls with the women in beautiful evening dresses, dinner parties with tables laden with crystal and beautiful dinnerware, etc.. I loved when they filmed in Patricia's house with Thomas the butler, and her lying on the chaise lounge drinking her "medicine".  Instead, we get Katherine in and out of rehab, boring Landon with her annoying voice and no storyline, Shep bar hopping and getting wasted, bashing Craig, etc.. I even liked Whitney, but he had no storyline this season.  Who knows if Cameron will be back and if the baby will be allowed to be shown.  I loved this show in the beginning, but it turned like a Housewives show with all the bashing and yelling.  I hope Andy realizes this and turns things around as this was one of my favorite shows.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree.  I would have liked to see more of the city and surrounding outdoor sites, more balls with the women in beautiful evening dresses, dinner parties with tables laden with crystal and beautiful dinnerware, etc.. I loved when they filmed in Patricia's house with Thomas the butler, and her lying on the chaise lounge drinking her "medicine".  Instead, we get Katherine in and out of rehab, boring Landon with her annoying voice and no storyline, Shep bar hopping and getting wasted, bashing Craig, etc.. I even liked Whitney, but he had no storyline this season.  Who knows if Cameron will be back and if the baby will be allowed to be shown.  I loved this show in the beginning, but it turned like a Housewives show with all the bashing and yelling.  I hope Andy realizes this and turns things around as this was one of my favorite shows.

Agree. You watch the show (at least I do) for the gorgeous homes and historic buildings. I don't care for manufactured drama and hair pulling. I want to see the glam stuff.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm pretty much done myself.  If there is a fifth season and Kathryn is still a cast member, I won't be signing up. 

Ditto. I started watching this due to having friends in Charleston who "warned" me and I wanted to see what was up. I miss Cooper's balls. I miss more time in Patricia's house with the butler. I miss the lightheartedness of this show that once was.

• Love 7

Thank God this shit is over . I've got major fatigue from the Village Idiot Landon, the Evil Thomas, the serial killer voiced Kathryn, the Muppet faced Austin,,  the Craig/ Naomi crap,,etc. Just give me Gizmo and I can rest!

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It's Maiiiiiii-cael. Maiiiiiii-cael, I need my medicine. 

I like seeing the city and the sites. However, I know these people will never acknowledge the very troubled racial history of the city. As much as I hated Southern Charm: Savannah, there was some acknowledgement of that in a couple of the episodes. But as a Black woman, I pretty much loathe most of the cast. Patricia, Whitney, Thomas, and Shep are odious snobs, which is amazing on Whitney's part because he's managed to achieve precious little in his 50 years on earth. They've said some really bigoted and misogynistic things. Thomas and his hateful father have said some straight up racist things. I enjoyed the show because of the disconnect between the types of people the cast thought they were and how the rest of the world perceived the cast. These are some trashy trashy people.

I've always liked Cameran more than the rest of the cast because she's the only person on this show who has been filmed talking to a person of color who wasn't a server. I still like Craig though he has a long way to go.

I have no interest in Patricia. There is nothing amusing about her comments and ungracious treatment of others. And the rumor that she might collect racist art doesn't really surprise me.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Ditto. I started watching this due to having friends in Charleston who "warned" me and I wanted to see what was up. I miss Cooper's balls. I miss more time in Patricia's house with the butler. I miss the lightheartedness of this show that once was.

I have cracked up reading this 3 times now! I miss them, too, on a couple of different levels. He had the guts to take a stance against Patricia. He's much more original Charleston, or at least Soutern, than she is. 

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I loved when they filmed in Patricia's house with Thomas the butler, and her lying on the chaise lounge drinking her "medicine".  

8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's Maiiiiiii-cael. Maiiiiiii-cael, I need my medicine. 

I kinda like the image of Thomas being a butler to Patricia. Maybe when Michael is on vacation. He could help her entertain her guests by offering to mix them a "cock-tail", as he likes to say it.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

I don't think I'm already tired of the show, but it's getting close to that sweet spot where I feel like if this show has even any stories left to tell. I would love to see Cameran's baby, but I don't think her struggles as a mom with her carrying the baby and changing diapers would be interesting enough for TV. Craig/Naomie would probably be better off working on their relationship off-camera. Now that they have a final custody agreement, there will be no more kid drama with Kathryn/Thomas (I hope). And it will be evil to do a storyline of whether or not Kathryn relapses that would make her violate the agreement. Shep is still going to be his douchey, drunk, slobbering self, whether he has found "love" or not on his new show. Maybe they can do a Landon's "search for love" story too. The rest are just meh. Probably OK enough people but just not interesting TV. Adding Austen probably did well as a foil to all of the debauchery of most men on the show (although I feel he compares well just because the bar is set absurdly low, and not that because he's really an all-around upstanding guy. There's just something...off about him), but is he really part of the concept this show is going for? Regular man with a job (or not). Like Shep brutally ribbed him, "you're just not rich enough..."

I think they will probably squeeze in one more season, because Savannah spectacularly failed (poor show didn't even get a reunion) and because New Orleans is still a huge question mark. If NO takes off, I can see the original SC being put to rest. Or if NO fails as well, then the entire SC franchise will be dunzo forever.

• Love 3

To me, the way Craig treated Naomi this season is on par with Shep trying to kiss Cheltsie, both men were being jerks.  I don't think Shep is forcing himself on women, it sounded like Cheltsie was annoyed because Shep knew she was with Austen.  It also sounds like the Cheltsie/Austen relationship was just for the show and to create a triangle with Shep and storyline for the new comers.

• Love 4

Kathryn has won the lifetime achievement award for however long SC is on the air.

As for whether SC has jumped the shark, that happened awhile ago.  Show became just like the other Bravo shows (which admittedly I don't watch) but full of melodramatic confrontations, all probably ginned up and egged on by the producers, UNREAL style.

But I'll watch future seasons for now.  And I will probably check out Relationshep but I haven't watched Savannah and am undecided on NO.

• Love 3
On 7/19/2017 at 2:14 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Seen a lot of comments about Kathryn's hair but shouldn't someone have handed Shep a comb and told him to use it? 

He also needed a good shampoo.  He looked grimy.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nancypants said:

So, every body, who was the absolute WORST this season? And why?

Craig, because his grammar, syntax, lack of vocabulary, and egregious malapropisms are like chalk on blackboard/styrofoam squeaking/adults baby talking to me. Beyond painful. Kathryn, because she's witless and charmless. Her hair and makeup choices, however, will never not be funny to me. Thomas's racist dad, because clinging to the Confederacy is just gross. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nancypants said:

So, every body, who was the absolute WORST this season? And why?

It's a 10 way tie: 

1. Kathryn just based on her treatment of Snowden at that lunch.
  2. Thomas for thinking he's granting a woman a privilege if he deigns to date her and his awful "our kind of people" comments.
  3. Whitney for being weird and creepy as always.
  4. Craig for his responses and treatment of Naomie.
  5. Naomie because she's clearly been setting Craig up so that she can drop him and become a full-time cast member.
  6. Landon for being a lazy snob.
  7. Shep for being a drunken entitled lazy snob.
  8. Patricia for being a snob who was lacking the class and grace to even say hello to Kathryn at Julian's birthday.
  9. Thomas' racist dad.
  10. Kathryn's thirsty cousin.

We saw so little of JD this season that he didn't annoy me.

2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

To me, the way Craig treated Naomi this season is on par with Shep trying to kiss Cheltsie, both men were being jerks.  I don't think Shep is forcing himself on women, it sounded like Cheltsie was annoyed because Shep knew she was with Austen.  It also sounds like the Cheltsie/Austen relationship was just for the show and to create a triangle with Shep and storyline for the new comers.

If you watched the season finale for season 1, Shep did the same exact move with Danni at the 4th of July party.

• Love 6
(edited)

Craig/Naomie weighs on whether Cameran will continue with the show with a baby in tow:

When asked if she will stick around, Naomie confessed, “I say no and Craig says yes.” Craig continued, “I think she will film until November and then she’ll be done. The baby is due in November.” Then Naomie made a valid point: “I don’t think she wants her baby to start out its life on reality TV.” 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

10. Kathryn's thirsty cousin.

I blinked and missed her, or him? Who was that girl with the weird sort of Australian accent that Whitney brought to a party? Was that Kathryn's cousin?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I blinked and missed her, or him? Who was that girl with the weird sort of Australian accent that Whitney brought to a party? Was that Kathryn's cousin?

No she was at the pool party at the beginning of the season that Eliza Limehouse threw, she was friends with Eliza and was wearing stilletos and a bikini talking about what a hot mess Kathryn was currently.

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

No. Kathryn's cousin shows up at Eliza Limehouse's pool party in the first episode. I think her name was Shelby. She shows up with kind of blotchy applied self tanner and blindingly white skin, a bikini that doesn't fit and is slowly being eaten by her butt, janky high heels, and whenever someone asks her how she is, her response is nearly immediately to talk about Kathryn--"she's not doing better. She is still partying. I had to kick her out." All of which was probably true, but her eagerness to spill the Kathryn tea was pitiful.

The girl that Whitney was squiring around was another one of his "foreign model paramours." I think this one was British. Her name was Camille or something like that. Like Larissa before her, I'm fairly certain that their relationship was less about attraction and more about monetary exchange.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
Just now, biakbiak said:

No she was at the pool party at the beginning of the season that Eliza Limehouse through, she was friends with Eliza answer was wearing stilletos and a bikini talking about what a hot mess Kathryn was currently.

Oh goodness, that pool party. Thomas with his dad bod in the pool ogling and trying to chat up the young women. 

• Love 3