Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

Chris is them jacked up pants was just very weird to watch lol. Standing all knock kneed, my goodness.

Then of course we have to have Brian act like a pretentious bitch once again, only wanting to play tennis because of women and booze and didn't know a damn thing about tennis until Stewie pushed him. 

A killer self check out, might be careful when I self check out from now on lol.

Peter and that gloryhole with the sandwich oh my.

All in all an enjoyable episode. I think it's because all characters characteristics weren't pushed to the extreme, except Brian who I will always hate and just wish he would die or go back to how he was in earlier seasons being the voice of reason. Peter wasn't too dumb, Lois was actually caring, Stewie funny as always, Meg not being a punching bag, etc.

Only apps I truly have on my phone are games and apps to where I can pay my bills like my light, cable, internet, etc.

But while Brian obviously joined for the women and booze, he actually did get good at tennis, and it was Stewie who blew it for them. That's basically Brian. 

This was fairly good. The girl actually didn't think the pic was a big deal. 

If memory serves, chemical castration is permanent, more like applying lots of Compound W to the offender's penis until it falls off.

It should be permanent. The show seemed to be implying it wasn't done in one sitting though? I have no idea the veracity of that and have no desire to look it up, but they sort of implied he needed multiple "doses" for the process to be complete and hadn't finished them all. I found the plot in poor taste, but what else is new with this show. Edited by theatremouse

It should be permanent. The show seemed to be implying it wasn't done in one sitting though? I have no idea the veracity of that and have no desire to look it up, but they sort of implied he needed multiple "doses" for the process to be complete and hadn't finished them all. I found the plot in poor taste, but what else is new with this show.

The exact details vary according to what drugs are used, but it's not permanent. It involves the use of antiandrogens to reduce testosterone levels. Without getting bogged down in details is it sometimes possible to overcome the effects given the right stimulus. As far as the plot being in poor taste, you're right of course, but as you said it's nothing new and I was just glad that they seem to be making an effort to have plots again.

It should be permanent. The show seemed to be implying it wasn't done in one sitting though? I have no idea the veracity of that and have no desire to look it up, but they sort of implied he needed multiple "doses" for the process to be complete and hadn't finished them all. I found the plot in poor taste, but what else is new with this show.

Yeah, they seemed to treat it like giving someone saltpeter that had to be taken every day. What sex offender would do that on his own?

I thought it was a nod to Chris becoming asexual and a nod to the SNL character Pat.

Yeah, that makes sense now.

I got a chuckle out of the fart/Shazam/Lana Del Rey joke and the (first) grinder gag, and I LOL'd at the Fappening joke.  

Did anyone else get a John McEnroe vibe when Stewie went ballistic on the chair umpire?

"Nice crank, you dirty little bastard."

Meg begins working at a retirement community and starts stealing from the residents. Then Chris finds out and wants in on the heist. When the residents catch them, they blackmail them and force the thieves to listen to all of their boring stories.

When Stewie refuses to sleep in his own bed because of nightmares, Peter can't stand it, so he goes to sleep in the attic. Peter turns the attic into a man can and all the guys begin hanging out there, which makes Lois incredibly angry. Meanwhile, Brian helps Stewie overcome his fears by building a device to go into his nightmares and defeat his demons.

I love whenever Adam West appears, and I love that he hates his deputy mayor. And speaking of mayors, gotta love that Jay Leno is a mayor of another town and passed a law where you can't buy alcohol unless you're covered in denim.

I was more interested in Chris's 1980s hacker plot happening in the background than the main story. You know, Quagmire is over 60 and the show didn't remember that, yet they remember that Adam West is married to Lois's sister.

The cold open with Stewie's nightmares was so good. The fourth wall break with the intro, with Stewie forgetting the words to the theme song, then getting cast off to the side with other forgotten recurring characters was great. But Vinnie should've been there. But I did like Stewie wondering how Joe got up the stairs. It's been 17 years and I just thought about that.

Loved the bit with the guide channel with uneven volumes, as well as everyone in the cast imitating another person. I want Adam West to be Meg all the time, and I caught Consuela as Loretta. Who's dead.

I really liked this episode, it's so weird. So many one off gags got callbacks, too. That's a first. I enjoyed the entire climax in Stewie's dreams.

Stewie's fears were surprisingly realistic:  even with his advanced intelligence, it is a scary world out there. Especially when you're that little. There was something really deep there, more deep that Family Guy usually likes to go. That's not a complaint:  it was a nice surprise to see. 

• Love 3

In short: Everyone's an asshole, and the people that aren't are treated like shit by the bigger assholes. Adam West is still the best, though. I love that his mother still checks on him. Peter was right, nobody was a winner tonight. Not even us for watching.

I wanted to see more of Meg and Chris acting like an old couple. Sometimes Meg does things that justifies the abuse to her. I expected old people to be rude to her, but man, Meg just became a klepto out of spite.

The fat people in the lazy river cutaway was funny but incredibly sad at the same time.

I had a strange sense of deja vu watching this. Didn't Brian do something like this already?

I had the same sense, probably from conflating a few things: 

Among other relationships he's had, Brian once fell in love with a senior citizen.  He also had sex with Quagmire's (transgendered) father.  Bart Simpson, OTOH, was put in charge of the Springfield Retirement Castle as part of a community service obligation.

All in all, a somewhat derivative ep, although I did get a few chuckles.

• Love 1

Did Jennifer Tilley sound more raspy than usual in this episode? Since Bonald (he he) only says one line every episode, maybe I just haven't noticed it until she actually has a significant role.

I thought this episode was a retread of things we've seen before but I actually liked the Meg/Chris subplot. Don't know why but I would've preferred that to get more airtime.

• Love 1

I had a strange sense of deja vu watching this. Didn't Brian do something like this already?

I have to agree with everyone who said it felt like this was a retread. Both the Brian gets involved with his friend's wife plot and the kids volunteer with old folks and hijinks ensue plot. I know at this point they've done about everything and I'm glad that they are actually bothering to come up with plots again since for awhile they were just throwing out a barely connected collection of lines and cutaways, but it was really disconcerting to spend so much time trying to remember if they had done the exact same thing or if it was just the other variations I was thinking of.

Did Jennifer Tilley sound more raspy than usual in this episode? Since Bonald (he he) only says one line every episode, maybe I just haven't noticed it until she actually has a significant role.

I thought this episode was a retread of things we've seen before but I actually liked the Meg/Chris subplot. Don't know why but I would've preferred that to get more airtime.

I wanted a lot more Meg and Chris too, and I never need that much focus on Brian.

• Love 2

I liked the AA song -- Don't Mess With Mr Booze, I think it was called.

Mr. Booze, much like the Shipoopi song, was, ahem, "borrowed" from a musical.

This time it was a Rat Pack movie, Robin and the Seven Hoods.

Dean Martin sings while the rest of the Rat Pack sing back-up and "testify" throughout the song.

I especially love Sammy's testimony starting at 1:49.

Don't feel bad that you didn't know about the original.

Just look down at all the comments and you'll see that most of them are "Family Guy" fans saying the same thing.

RIP Frank Sinatra Jr.

A classy guy which this show clearly never deserved to have guest star on two episodes.

Edited by Twilight Man
  • Love 1

To pay for Stewie's private school, Lois becomes a postal worker. She finds a letter from Peter that was never sent to his old fling, Gretchen, dated a week before their marriage. When Gretchen tries to come between Lois and Peter, Lois has a plan of her own.

Hey, Cleveland's still in the show!

That Judd Hirsch cutaway was random, but I liked it. Why are there 5 Judd Hirsches? Is it a fat joke?

"(gasps) Blackmail! Thank you, Cleveland." That gave me the hardest laugh from this show in a while.

Yeah, that Judd Hirsch cutaway was one of the oddest ones they've ever done. But, kudos they got him to voice it.

Glad Cleveland was involved in a plot and has a job. Guess he didn't want to get into the deli business again and the cable company wasn't hiring.

This was actually a pretty tame episode. The meaness was kept to a minimum (for FG anyway) and everybody got along. But I never want to think of Carter's weiner again please!

To everyone's surprise, Chris wins homecoming king. However, Meg finds out that the cool kids plan to prank him during the homecoming ceremony, so they go to the school to investigate. Meanwhile, Cleveland starts hanging out with Jerome, the bartender. So Peter and the guys try to replace him.

More Brian lying to get a chick.  Ugh.  I did like Stewie saying Brian's backtracking attempt was shitty.

I thought it was interesting that Tom had a younger foe since he's part of the reason Joyce is there and Diane was due to be fired.

I didn't care about Peter being left in the mall; if he'd bothered to listen to his wife, it would not have happened.

• Love 2

In the Season 14 finale, Brian falls for a tech-support worker in India, so he and Stewie shove off to find her.  Meanwhile, Joe takes Peter to bingo night, where he becomes the center of attention and Lois must step in to help Joe reclaim the top spot with the group.

Tecmo Bowl! And then they played an entire Tecmo Bowl match. And then they played a round of Double Dribble. Well, beats Conway Twitty.

I'm not that surprised that Chris was elected Homecoming King out of pity because everyone thought he was mentally challenged, and how it went to his head really didn't hurt his case. This show doesn't really delve much into Chris, and he truly came off like he was Peter's son in this episode. Remember when he actually had artistic talents?

• Love 1
(edited)
On Monday, May 09, 2016 at 2:39 PM, AAEBoiler said:

The GoPro skateboard video with Peter and Tom was outstanding and totally "on point"!

I suspect they rotoscoped, or whatever IItIt Is called, live action footage from a skateboarding movie.

Edited by Ubiquitous