Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

I'll admit, I loved Peter getting obsessed over Van Halen's Panama.

Loved seeing Peter's coma trip, incredibly freaky, but fun.

Wow, all the dead characters were in one show. Even Mr. Weed was there!

I love that Lois would rather leave Peter than to compliment Timothy Oliphant on The Santa Clarita Diet.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, OnceSane said:

"Coma Guy"

With a newfound love for rocking out to Van Halen, Peter gets in a car accident and falls into a coma.

This ep reminded me of the one in which Brian did mushrooms during Hurricane Flo.

• Love 1

I love the librarian! 

That was a great animated sequence with the car chase. 

I feel like we haven't seen the chicken in a while. 

My dogs totally barked it up when Peter whistled. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

Godammit, now I have "Panama" stuck in my head.

So they keep rerunning "Hot Shots" , aka the one where Peter and Lois become antivaxxers and wind up causing a quarantine. Pretty unfortunate timing considering...you know. And the episode is a good reminder that Lois is the worst, even when she knows she fucked up she still felt entitled to look down her nose at Sean Penn telling her why everyone needs vaccines.

I mean, fuck Sean Penn, but still.

• Love 2

Episode 18:

"Better Off Meg"

When Meg is erroneously reported to have died in a car crash, she goes along with the story to start a new life elsewhere. Meanwhile, the Griffins experience a life without Meg.

Airs May 3, 2020.

In my version of "Meg fakes her death to ditch the Griffins" she would have gone the full Gone Girl and framed the family for her murder. Disappointed that wasn't the case. That's what I get for dropping in on this crapfest once in a blue moon.

Of course Lois uses Meg's death to play the victim and act like an aggrieved mother. And Chris proves he's just as shitty as Peter, Brian, and Stewie.

Couldn't they have at least let Meg curb stomp Chris for what he did to her? Even Klaus on American Dad gets to have his own sometimes.

• Love 3
(edited)

Huh, I share a birthday with Meg.

1999-Season 18

Jeez, Meg doesn't even have a real middle name. That funeral was all harsh. Hell, this whole episode was just one giant kick in Meg's ass after another. Even when she revealed about what happened to her, she STILL wasn't vindicated.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Jeez, Meg doesn't even have a real middle name. That funeral was all harsh. Hell, this whole episode was just one giant kick in Meg's ass after another. Even when she revealed about what happened to her, she STILL wasn't vindicated.

What killed me is that she finally was starting to have a good life, with nice friends and all that, yet she was still guilted to go back to her family by Lois' big show of grieving on social media. And she winds up getting shit on AGAIN.

My idea of her going Gone Girl and framing her family for her murder would have been so much better.

• Love 2

And now Family Guy covers a topic the Simpsons got to 20 years ago: The Bibble.

"Why did we choose this motel?"

"This is any motel."

So true.

If he was still alive, Adam West would've been one of the disciples at the Last Supper and that makes sad.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, OnceSane said:

"Holly Bibble"

Cooped up in a hotel room due to a big storm, the Griffins pass the time by reimagining three stories from the Bible.

Meh. This ep reminded me of the time Peter told his family the Nativity story while trapped in the house by hurricane Flo. It had its moments, but "Harry Potter for stupid people" is redundant.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Meh. This ep reminded me of the time Peter told his family the Nativity story while trapped in the house by hurricane Flo. It had its moments, but "Harry Potter for stupid people" is redundant.

Yeah, To me this seemed like a less well done version of something I'd seen before. Yawn.

• Love 1

Episode 20:

"Movin’ In (Principal Shepherd’s Song)"

Principal Shepherd moves in with the Griffins after he is fired for fat-shaming Chris at school. Meanwhile, Brian sues Stewie for writing a series of children's books which portray him as an idiot.

Airs May 17, 2020.

Somehow Meg's pants are bigger than Chris's.

"School should be a safe place where they get shot sometimes." This show, man.

I liked that Stewie had an entire opera in his room.

Was not expecting this episode to end with Chris talking about erotic Phineas & Ferb fanfiction, that's for sure.

(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 9:59 PM, OnceSane said:

"Movin’ In (Principal Shepherd’s Song)"

Principal Shepherd moves in with the Griffins after he is fired for fat-shaming Chris at school. Meanwhile, Brian sues Stewie for writing a series of children's books which portray him as an idiot.

The plot involving Principal Shepherd had its moments (the trope of not being able to hear anything someone says at a "social distancing" distance from them) but was disappointed by the resolution of Brian's lawsuit. I was seriously expecting something more damming than dog tricks, like his book.

Edited by Ubiquitous

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19 so everyone can see the Family Guy panel! It hasn't been assigned an official timeslot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so!

Family Guy
Join cast Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Mila Kunis, Seth Green and executive producers Rich Appel, Alec Sulkin and Kara Vallow as they celebrate 350 episodes with a virtual table read! After, they'll take a look back at some of their favorite moments from the last 18 seasons, plus a special sneak peek at the hilarity and hi-jinx coming up in the 19th season premiering this fall on Fox!

Season 19!

Episode 1:

"Stewie’s First Word"

Stewie finally says his first word, and it's a swear. When Lois is shunned by the other moms, she tries to figure out where Stewie could have possibly learned it.

Airs September 27, 2020.

Yeah, all that Boston stuff was on point.

Ha, asking the magic 8 ball about Fox made it explode. And take that, Caillou. I feel like every joke was made about ten years ago. But I laughed at the narrator invading Lois's thoughts.

I liked how this show finally addressed if everyone can understand Stewie. Answer: Still not really.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Ha, asking the magic 8 ball..................... I feel like every joke was made about ten years ago.

"Hey Guys!!  Look!!  A Magic 8 ball!   What's this on the side???   Property of B. Simpson??"

(Yes, I know.  He smashed it up against Millhouse's head and it broke)

"That's great, Peter.  See if you can find some other plot devices from them that we haven't used yet in there."

So how come we can get two people that sound exactly like Carl Carlson and Cleveland Brown

but we STILL can't get anyone that sounds like Kermit the Frog.

"Yeah, we didn't write ANOTHER ending, folks."

At this point, Seth and Seth, just tell us when you DO actually write an ending for your episodes.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:47 PM, OnceSane said:

"Stewie’s First Word".

Stewie finally says his first word, and it's a swear. When Lois is shunned by the other moms, she tries to figure out where Stewie could have possibly learned it.

Yeah, I knew it would be Lois. I'm not sure if I liked it or because it was good or because I haven't seen a new episode in six months.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

So how come we can get two people that sound exactly like Carl Carlson and Cleveland Brown

but we STILL can't get anyone that sounds like Kermit the Frog.

Was Mike Henry not doing Cleveland's voice in this episode? I wasn't sure, but yeah, that was dead on if that was his replacement. I could sort of tell a little bit with Carl on the Simpsons, but not at all with Cleveland in this ep. 

I didn't really get the yoga instructor exchange. Was it just a nod to the stereotype of them being flighty because while I can see that, I still think they know yoga and what it's about. It was just a weird scene. In fact, this whole episode was weird scenes, with the principal stuff and the scene changes (which I liked). It's like they had some random ideas for scenes and cobbled them together here.

But, thinking about it, that may just be the Family Guy MO now anyway and I just noticed it because it's been awhile since I've seen a new episode.

Edited by xander874

Episode 2:

"The Talented Mr. Stewie"

Stewie "breaks up with" Rupert after learning that he used to belong to Chris. Unable to get over his feelings of betrayal, Stewie decides to take action.

Airs October 4, 2020.

I didn't know what show that was, but good for Alex. 

I like when Stewie does baby things. I thought they a show about Rupert 'dying' and Brian bought him a new one. 

I liked how no one could understand Stewie before and Chris totally understood him now. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, OnceSane said:

"The Talented Mr. Stewie".

Stewie "breaks up with" Rupert after learning that he used to belong to Chris. Unable to get over his feelings of betrayal, Stewie decides to take action.

This wasn't particularly memorable for me.

8 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I liked how no one could understand Stewie before and Chris totally understood him now. 

I am going to assume it's still a situational thing.

11 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Yeah, last week's episode had me wondering what the reality of the show is now. It doesn't seem like either Peter or Lois can understand Stewie, but Brian does, and as we saw in this episode, Chris does as well. I don't recall offhand if Stewie has ever had conversations with Meg before, but it seems like he has. 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, Phishbulb said:

Yeah, last week's episode had me wondering what the reality of the show is now. It doesn't seem like either Peter or Lois can understand Stewie, but Brian does, and as we saw in this episode, Chris does as well. I don't recall offhand if Stewie has ever had conversations with Meg before, but it seems like he has. 

FWIW, Stewie said people could only understand him because he was enraged.