Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ari333

Family Guy

Recommended Posts

Episode 3:

Quote

"Absolutely Babulous"

When Stewie receives a participation medal in his school's toddler games, he begins to question everything he has ever won. Meanwhile, Peter causes a fight between Lois' parents and must repair the damage he caused.

Airs October 13, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, Stewie finally burned the house down. I kind of wish there was more to the pie plot. I did like Babs finally getting some character development, though.

I liked that random Cats song. Looked better than that movie that's coming.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, OnceSane said:

"Absolutely Babulous"

When Stewie receives a participation medal in his school's toddler games, he begins to question everything he has ever won. Meanwhile, Peter causes a fight between Lois' parents and must repair the damage he caused.

This one was OK, but I wished there was more to Stewie's pie plot.

10 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I liked that random Cats song. Looked better than that movie that's coming.

Funny enough, I was just thinking about how much I hate Cats when Peter interrupted with his comment!

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, Galileo908 said:

Well, Stewie finally burned the house down. I kind of wish there was more to the pie plot. I did like Babs finally getting some character development, though.

I liked that random Cats song. Looked better than that movie that's coming.

I felt bad for the forgotten cat.

The pie plot should have been in another plot. Time traveling to find the perfect ingredients has a lot of mileage.

Chris being carted off was funny though.

So did none of that happen?

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 4:

Quote

"Disney's The Reboot"

The network decides that it's time to explore some unique ways to reboot the series. When three versions of the reboots are shown to a focus group, the feedback takes some surprising turns.

Airs October 20, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post

Disney will be someday owned by Netflix, which will someday be owned by Pornhub. Seems more realistic than other jokes they've done.

Lois: First up, a female-centered millennial sitcom where Lois is the main character. And still wouldn't pass the Bechdel Test.

The Q: Taking the gritty Riverdale/Teen Wolf approach. I loved the visual of Brian with abs. Well, and everyone with abs. Wet abs. And superpowers because they're also lesser-known Marvel characters (spoofing the Arrowverse, but could also point to The Gifted or The Runaways). This was my favorite one.

"Patty, why aren't you in Bitch Class?" 

Family Guy Again: Okay, a Connors-esque reboot removing all the problematic actors, leaving only Chris, Joe, and Tricia Takanawa was a great idea.

I had a feeling that they were sitting on Peter as Bojack Horseman for years. And I want to watch an All Jon Benjamin Family Guy from now on.

I like it when the show gets meta, but the show once again seems to make excuses for how terrible the show can get.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh! I thought these writers could have done something good with the premise of a reboot. (Didn't they do something similar already?) This episode was so disjointed and unfunny I was just waiting for it to end. Even though this show is getting old,they should try to write something good or just end it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:46 PM, OnceSane said:

"Disney's The Reboot".

The network decides that it's time to explore some unique ways to reboot the series. When three versions of the reboots are shown to a focus group, the feedback takes some surprising turns.

I had mixed feelings (and a sense of deja vu) about this ep.

  • Lois seemed liked a typical "chick show" written by men. Moderately funny.
  • The Q was on the nose. Great spoof!
  • Family Guy Again reminded me of the last season or two of All in the Family. Amusing.

The Griffins watching the focus group (who were in turn being watched) seemed a bit meta and superfluous to the plot, ad it were, and the last gags seemed like they were tacked on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Family Guy Again reminded me of the last season or two of All in the Family. Amusing.

I was thinking more on the lines of Mayberry RFD.   No Andy, no Barney, no Gomer; just Floyd, Goober, Opie, and some new guy named Sam.

11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

the last gags seemed like they were tacked on.

I really get the feeling that they were "sitting" on those ideas (especially the BoJack Horseman gag) and just couldn't think of a way to use them until they decided to write this episode.

Share this post


Link to post

I liked them all. The theme to the 'teen' show and all the singing cracked me up. Genderfluid showers. Neil with a deep voice. It was basically 90210 with the MCU.

And Lois was totally 'generic chick sitcom'. Complete with Judy Greer.

2 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

I really get the feeling that they were "sitting" on those ideas (especially the BoJack Horseman gag) and just couldn't think of a way to use them until they decided to write this episode.

Probably. They were still funny though. Chris and Joe and Trish being the only ones dancing cracked me up.

I did a focus group way in the late 90s! But I only watched a sitcom in my apartment by myself and they called me after to ask questions.

The lightning round at the end was really good. Neck tattoo with bible verse doesn't matter. Looks creepy.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

And Lois was totally 'generic chick sitcom'. Complete with Judy Greer.

This was actually Greer providing her own voice, but I was surprised that I didn't see James Corden's name in the ending credits. Whoever they got to impersonate Corden in that Carpool Karaoke scene was doing a pretty good job. 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, Twilight Man said:

I was thinking more on the lines of Mayberry RFD.   No Andy, no Barney, no Gomer; just Floyd, Goober, Opie, and some new guy named Sam.

I think I felt it was like All in the Family b/c the house FGA was set in looked like it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 5:

Quote

"Cat Fight"

When Quagmire opens a cat café in town, Brian decides to take a stand to get the café shut down; when Meg and Brian get in trouble at school, Lois becomes nervous and decides they need to go to church camp to find their way.

Airs November 3, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post

They Ghostbusted Adam West!

I'm not surprised that Brian hates cat cafes. Gotta love karma biting him in the ass when his protests got dogs banned from everywhere. I liked Brian getting so edgy that he pointed out all the weird things in the living room.

I gotta admit, that fiber commercial cutaway just cracked me up. "There's so much regular on the carpet!" I also loved all the bits about 90s action movies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Brian freaking out about the cats in the cafe was hilarious for me because I used to take my dog everywhere. I like when Brian does dog things.

I mean though, it's not like Quagmire doesn't actually have a job.

I wasn't surprised they went for emotional support animal. I totally want to do that.

I think they dropped the ball and should have gone on full chicken fight with Quagmire and Brian.

Edited by DoctorAtomic

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, Galileo908 said:

They Ghostbusted Adam West!

And they renamed the school Adam West High? Did I miss that change in a prior episode?

Edited by AAEBoiler · Reason: I don't know what spell check did there.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think they dropped the ball and should have gone on full chicken fight with Quagmire and Brian.

I was expecting that, too! They played the music and everything!

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I mean though, it's not like Quagmire doesn't actually have a job.

Officially he's a pilot, but like everyone else his job (or lack thereof) depends on what the plot calls for.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

And they renamed the school Adam West High? Did I miss that champion a prior episode?

Yeah, I think at the end of last season, there was an episode where Brian got them to change the name to honor Mayor West (and also stick it to crazy James Woods).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 6:

Quote

"Peter & Lois' Wedding"

The Wi-Fi goes out in the Griffin house, leaving the family with nothing to do for the evening; Peter and Lois decide to tell the kids the story of how they met and fell in love in the '90s.

Airs November 10, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post

This week the show retold how Peter & Lois got married in the 90s, not unlike a similar animated show that did the same thing about a decade ago, dated 90s humor and all.

Loved that the WTC is so prominent, it really stands out when you go back and watch shows and movies in the 90s. Showing up in Florida and Boston was a great touch.

The Daria bit was funny, and then Beavis & Butt-Head showed up for real. It's official, Family Guy has had everyone on now.

Yeah, Friends was really that white that FG used two Bonnies instead of including someone like Donna. (And then Donna shows up for real during the once a season cameo)

Edited by Galileo908

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah the proposal scene where the twin towers were in every angle was pretty funny to me, and a little sad.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:00 PM, Galileo908 said:

Yeah, Friends was really that white

I was confused at first why the 3rd woman in the group wasn't Loretta (RIP) but that makes total sense.  It could've been funny if it was Diane, pre-psycho murderer.

Share this post


Link to post

Seamus had arms and legs!

I can appreciate at least that they acknowledged playing fast and loose with the show history.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:00 PM, Galileo908 said:

Yeah, Friends was really that white that FG used two Bonnies instead of including someone like Donna.

madTV did an awesome sketch on that.

I did like all the awful 90s gags. X Files was Fox's last great hit. Daisy Fuentes was hot AF.

No grunge jokes though.

Did the Counting Crows guy get that much tail?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Did the Counting Crows guy get that much tail?

Yes.  I still don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post

It is crazy to me that 90s is now the hot nostalgia period.  I guess nostalgia is always 20-25 years ago.  Soon we will be in 2000s nostalgia.  It's odd to me because I was born in 1981 so my preadolescence and adolescence were in that time period.  I graduated high school in 1999 and had a reunion last month.  So I have a lot of memories of things people are being nostalgic about for the first time in my life.

Daisy Fuentes gave me this instant "Oh yeah.  I remember her and did not think about her since about 1997".  I never had trouble pronouncing her name, probably because the Weird Science TV show in the early 90s has occasional references to the boys' crush on her.

The a capella version of "Ironic" was very catchy and I would love a full length version.

Also loved Carter referring to the year as "nineteen ninety something".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:57 PM, OnceSane said:

"Peter & Lois' Wedding".

The Wi-Fi goes out in the Griffin house, leaving the family with nothing to do for the evening; Peter and Lois decide to tell the kids the story of how they met and fell in love in the '90s.

Yeah, I'm not that fond of the 1990's. I was bemused by the WTC being in so many scenes. Everything changed on 9-11, including the now historical iconic skyline. :-(

Wow, Daria was mean to Peter!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was in college in the 90s, so I enjoyed the jokes. I just don't have the nostalgia for the decade. Nothing bad happened to me or anything, but I just find it all kind of lacking in character. I mean, Friends is really as bland as you can get. 

They weren't wrong or anything. There used to be mtv spring break just like that. It was weird. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

They weren't wrong or anything. There used to be mtv spring break just like that. It was weird. 

The show even went to Spring Break pretty early on in the run.

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 7:

Quote

"Heart Burn"

In celebration of Peter and Lois' anniversary, the Griffins recount their own versions of three well-known love stories.

Airs November 17, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/13/2019 at 12:38 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I was in college in the 90s, so I enjoyed the jokes. I just don't have the nostalgia for the decade. Nothing bad happened to me or anything, but I just find it all kind of lacking in character. I mean, Friends is really as bland as you can get. 

They weren't wrong or anything. There used to be mtv spring break just like that. It was weird. 

I thought MTV Spring Break was more of a late 1980's thing.

Share this post


Link to post

Loved that Peter got mad because Disney wouldn't let them use Hercules since he's, you know, public domain.

Yeah, Romeo & Juliet is really messed up when you stop to think about it.

"Wait a minute, we don't have phones OR Chicago!"

Wasn't expecting the third story to be Fatal Attraction. Or the Inspector Gadget theme played over a sex scene. Oh no, Brian was the rabbit. Hey, Stewie finally got to kill a Lois.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size