Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I actually got a postcard in the mail with coupons for the Pizza Hut Express (which is what those places are technically called).

I went down to the actual Pizza Hut to use those coupons and the woman working there told me that they were only good at the Pizza Hut Express.

I honestly didn't know what that was, she called it "the crappy little kiosk place in the front of the Target".  LOL

"So, Brian, Stewie, we just found out who the President is.   Would you mind pushing us back out into the ocean??"

Edited by Twilight Man

Episode 18:

"Throw It Away"

After Lois reads a new book on the joys of decluttering, she challenges the rest of the Griffins to throw anything out of the house that does not spark joy. While all starts out well, Lois soon takes the decluttering to a surprising extreme.

Airs April 28, 2019.

"...it was baby corn..." Well, that cutaway was weird.

Of course Tricia Takanawa was this show's version of Marie Kondo. So Lois was the worst, right? Her obsession with decluttering was definitely what I picture anyone obsessing with that stuff. Having to sleep with Dunkirk at full blast seems like karmic punishment enough.

You'd think Stewie would be the one to have a voodoo doll of Lois?

Gotta admit, got a big laugh out of that distorted version of Surfin' Bird. "Surfin' Bird, uh, finds a way."

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, OnceSane said:

"Throw It Away".

After Lois reads a new book on the joys of decluttering, she challenges the rest of the Griffins to throw anything out of the house that does not spark joy. While all starts out well, Lois soon takes the decluttering to a surprising extreme.

Pardon the pun, but what was this joyless garbage?

52 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Gotta admit, got a big laugh out of that distorted version of Surfin' Bird. "Surfin' Bird, uh, finds a way."

I didn't see that coming. That killed me.

Not as funny as Taft. My friend always cracks me up when he used to randomly crack about Taft getting stuck in the tub. 

Quagmire being totally surprised about the Clifford story cracked me up too. 

And Bender showed up!

Edited by ganesh
27 minutes ago, Twilight Man said:

Oh, come on, Seth & Seth.   Now you're ripping off Hysteria!?!?!?

I had the exact same thought. Like, Hysteria beat them to it 20 years ago!

I think the drawing of Brian as Taft (which I loved) was made first and went backwards from there.

Episode 19:

"Girl, Internetted"

When Meg suddenly becomes internet famous, she and an excited Peter work together to build her new following; Brian and Stewie revel in a new ride while Brian's car gets repaired.

Airs May 5th, 2019

(edited)

"Three years ago they would've been 12."
Yeah, Brian still sucks. And then he gets a Hummer like 15 years after everyone got tired of jokes about them. I did like Sam Elliott and all the KISS (and when they combined the two). I'm impressed they actually got Sam Elliott for this, that made it even better.

I'm convinced that half of the people mentioned at Streaming Con were made up. And even the ones that were real I'm still convinced aren't real. 

Meg's feet were gross. And then everyone else became gross. Didn't need to see that. I did like the weird Shining spoof that came out of nowhere.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

"Girl, Internetted".

When Meg suddenly becomes internet famous, she and an excited Peter work together to build her new following; Brian and Stewie revel in a new ride while Brian's car gets repaired.

Who would have thought that Brian would enjoy driving a Hummer? Heh. I had mixed feelings about this one. It seemed like the A plot that Sam Elliott walked into would have been a better B plot. Lois was right at the end though, heh heh.

7 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I'm convinced that half of the people mentioned at Streaming Con were made up. And even the ones that were real I'm still convinced aren't real. 

I am pretty sure we saw Corey's World before; I think Peter found "how to" video on it. As for the others, I have no clue, but wasn't the blue lip-gloss girl bathe in cereal with milk and interviewed President Obama?

13 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I am pretty sure we saw Corey's World before; I think Peter found "how to" video on it. As for the others,

Corey World's been seen a few times already. I appreciate that they kept that running gag.

Episode 20:

"Adam West High"

When Brian's proposition to rename Quahog's high school "Adam West High," to honor the late Mayor West, is successful, he feels encouraged to run for office as Quahog's new mayor. The race takes a turn when Quagmire campaigns against Brian for the open seat.

Airs May 12, 2019.

Aww man, they acknowledged that Mayor Adam West died? He got a great sendoff, though. He really is the best person to rename James Woods High for. Seeing Adam one last time at the end just made me tear up.

"Meg, stop eating with the serving spoon."
"Meh."

Mood. Also a mood, Peter letting out a big long sigh after the ep turns into a Brian Political episode.

I don't care, I loved all the insults at the static picture of Sean Hannity. "The little league coach the parents don't want their kids to get" and "The richest guy at Rite-Aid" were my favorites. And then they moved on to Matthew Perry.

So, the season ends with Brian hurting himself at Quagmire's not-pool. Sounds good enough for me, see you all in the fall!

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Aww man, they acknowledged that Mayor Adam West died?

They did a little while ago when Peter was naming off all the characters that Meg could go to some event with instead of him. He poked his head out the window to see all the characters he named (including the Orville, the ship), and they showed Carrie Fisher and Adam West as Force Ghosts.

• Love 1

I loved this episode. The Mayor West tribute was bittersweet. I will miss him and Adam West.

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

and they showed Carrie Fisher and Adam West as Force Ghosts.

That scene really got to me when it aired. Quite sad to bid farewell to Carrie and Adam.

5 minutes ago, ganesh said:

and they showed Carrie Fisher and Adam West as Force Ghosts.

I remembered that, I wasn't expecting an entire episode dedicated to giving him a proper sendoff.

• Love 1
(edited)

I liked that they threw out Woods. The lines about Truman cracked me up. 

What was up with the "oh, word" line?

Wow, they went to town on Hannity. Savage.  Peter was wrong - I like politics episodes. 

I like when they dig back into the Quagmire/Brian rivalry. 

Ha, Cranston shout out. And raccoon account was a great gag. 

Who was the voice of Melissa from OnStar? It sounded like Rachel. 

I liked how they did the ending theme with a Batman type flavor. And that was a nice end with Adam West. I remember from the commentaries from the original airings that Seth really liked him. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Who was the voice of Melissa from OnStar? It sounded like Rachel. 

It definitely sounded like Rachel.

44 minutes ago, ganesh said:

What was the repeat? 

The Marie Kondo/Tidying up episode.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, OnceSane said:

"Adam West High".

When Brian's proposition to rename Quahog's high school "Adam West High," to honor the late Mayor West, is successful, he feels encouraged to run for office as Quahog's new mayor. The race takes a turn when Quagmire campaigns against Brian for the open seat.

Yeah, Peter's right; I don't like "political eps"; they rarely are funny or done well.

I think they missed a great opportunity for Brian and Quagmire taking jabs at each other when they had the improbably and inexplicable bus accident, but it was somehow satisfying to see Brian crash Quagmire's pool party and jump off the roof into what he thought would be a pool.

I cannot lie: I got a little choked up at the last scene with Adam West but have to wonder where they got it. Were they planning on using that as a cutaway originally? Heh, I loved the expression on his face when he noticed his baseball bat had blood on it.

• Love 3

The Sean Hannity thing was hilarious and random.

I was hoping for a callback to Meg dating Adam West but alas, no.

It was weird that Brian spit out the edible underwear when he learned it was men's. I guess we are to assume they were used, which is all kinds of gross. I didn't think that.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2019 at 8:46 AM, xander874 said:

It was weird that Brian spit out the edible underwear when he learned it was men's. I guess we are to assume they were used, which is all kinds of gross. I didn't think that.

They were also Quagmire's. It's safe to assume they were used.

• Love 1

Season 18, Episode 1: 

"Yacht Rocky"

When the brewery announces it will be firing one employee, Peter is nervous he will be the one let go; the family departs on a Yacht Rock cruise that doesn't go as expected.

Airs September 29, 2019.

"The internet forbids us from firing anyone but white men. If you're not a white man, you're safe."

Brian getting denied on the cruise at the first minute was very satisfying. We were having a slightly fun yacht rock cruise plot...and then it turned into Poseidon Adventure. I liked that Michael McDonald can summon whale. And everyone was somehow okay at the end.

Of course someone who loves trash falls for Meg. And promptly gets killed. 

This is the most Cleveland's done since his own show. And I'm certain Donna's "Friends that hate your husband" were the same ones from The Cleveland Show.

Bryan Cranston was in this?! Where?!

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:09 PM, OnceSane said:

"Yacht Rocky"

When the brewery announces it will be firing one employee, Peter is nervous he will be the one let go; the family departs on a Yacht Rock cruise that doesn't go as expected.

This one was pretty funny until they started to spoof The Poseidon Adventure, at which point I lost interest. So what was the deal with the ending? Did the cruise never happened and they just were thinking about what it would be like?

3 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I laughed at Cleveland's apples descriptions.

"Do you have an oven in your mouth? Those are pie apples. PIE APPLES."

LOL! "Those are TRASH apples!".

• Love 1

I assume they couldn't think of a way to get them out but it still felt jarring. And weird. Not sure how I feel.

And I enjoy the cheesiness that is Yacht Rock. Sentimental Lady is such a relaxing song. RIP Bob Welch

Is Yacht Rock actually a thing? I'm surprised they got the rights to all the songs.

Weird that they haven't done the Poseidon Adventure before.

The throwing the head joke was so Family Guy. So was the 'dog shake'.

It sounds like Michael McDonald needs help!  Wasn't the whales in Star Trek V?

It looks like they just ran out of show time at the end.

Episode 2:

"Bri-Da"

Peter and his friends are sick of forgetting the million-dollar business ideas they come up with while drinking, so they strap on Joe's police body cams to record their every move. Meanwhile, Quagmire is trying to come to terms with an unexpected family development.

Airs October 6, 2019.

Loved that ad for the monster truck rally. "SMOKE INSIDE!"

So...Brian and Ida are hooking up again. But Brian is still Brian and still a jerk about it. "Stuff that was gross five years ago is now heroic!" This still doesn't feel right to me. Ida deserves much better. I liked how it just became a way to crap on Quagmire.

Hey, the one episode a season where the Cleveland Show characters show up.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, OnceSane said:

"Bri-Da".

Peter and his friends are sick of forgetting the million-dollar business ideas they come up with while drinking, so they strap on Joe's police body cams to record their every move. Meanwhile, Quagmire is trying to come to terms with an unexpected family development.

TBH, I do not remember much of this ep. Brian hooking up with Ida seemed so random, but as everyone was saying, those two don't have many options.

Great commercial for the monster trucks for smoking inside!

I liked the 'oh you're trans, you do what you want' too.

21 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I liked how it just became a way to crap on Quagmire.

I figured. He basically admitted at the bar he sent her the video.

How's Waldo was a brilliant joke.

I can't say Quagmire was wrong about anything. Even Night at the Museum.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 2