Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

Peter encourages Meg to attend a high school party, where she takes up drinking, which both concerns and delights her father. Meanwhile, Brian begins spying on his neighbors and suspects Principal Shepherd of a crime.

Ugh, Brian. A Rear Window plot? But it wasn't bad. I did like seeing all the weird neighbors in the building next door, like the Wacky Inflatable Wailing Arm Tube Man family. And this is what brings Brian back home? Aww.

Loved the gag with the old-timey pianist playing the rave music, and Meg's fake ID with Chris Christie's face on it.

Wait, a Meg plot I liked?! 

• Love 2

Wow. I thought theu were going to drag the Brian plot out til Christmas. Loved Quagmire flipping him off while latching on to a passing plane.

LOL at Meg's impression of Lois. And yes, a Meg story where Peter doesn't completely treat her like crap.

• Love 1

Who predicted that Brian would return home by Xmas? 

Hokey smokes! Did I just watch a Meg ep that I liked?

I rolled my eyes when I realized they were going to do a Rear Window spoof, but I always wondered how the guy they are watching knows to look across the street to find the voyeur.

• Love 1

I  realize characters wear the same clothes in every episode, but for some reason it grosses me out that Glenn always wears those animal print briefs. I feel like someone like him would have a wide variety of undergarments.

• Love 1
On 12/3/2017 at 7:29 PM, Galileo908 said:

Loved the gag with the old-timey pianist playing the rave music, and Meg's fake ID with Chris Christie's face on it.

He had a pink hat on, so it would totally fool anyone. 

10 hours ago, xander874 said:

I  realize characters wear the same clothes in every episode, but for some reason it grosses me out that Glenn always wears those animal print briefs. I feel like someone like him would have a wide variety of undergarments.

I figured he just had a bunch of them.

I would have liked to see more of Meg drunk and living it up. She was actually funny. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, xander874 said:

Giggity!

• Love 2

The way they described chris odonnell was spot on! Lol

I really liked when brian said he hated the guy but man is he good. Had to give credit where credit is due ha! The middle finger was awesome too.

Also i like that family guy doesnt pretend its right that he saved the school $200 (they are actually gonna serve that food?) So hes a hero everyone forgets racist tweets (just like peter saving the brewery got everyone to forget his comments about women simpsons crossover) i think in both instances lois pointed those things out!

Mila kunis lois impression was dope! And i loved that she said it sounded nothing like her.. "he was gay the whole time" and peter taking his daughter out of the college party after using the beer bong was also funny in a messed up way...

Angela was in this one, too. And Peter still has his job.

"Family Guy: What are we doing?" I could ask the same thing. But the show was actually having a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year! According to the credits, he was voiced by Don Swayze.

I actually got a kick out of the overly enthusiastic carolers and Cleveland's insanely long Christmas album. 

• Love 2

This ep was mediocre, b/c I am tired of Christmas Carol spoofs/homages, but Patrick Swayze as the ghosts and the zombie carolers was funny.

10 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

"Family Guy: What are we doing?" I could ask the same thing. But the show was actually having a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year! According to the credits, he was voiced by Don Swayze.

I actually got a kick out of the overly enthusiastic carolers and Cleveland's insanely long Christmas album. 

Didn't they have a memorial note a few eps back? Cleveland's record wasn't long, it was verrrrrry slow! ?

• Love 2
On 12/10/2017 at 10:06 PM, Galileo908 said:

I'm pretty sure I read (in TV Guide, I think) that this was the last episode Carrie Fisher recorded before she passed away.

• Love 1

Family Guy is at it's best when it takes some well known classic and mocks it, like they did here with A Christmas Carol and it didn't disappoint.

I've noticed this season they haven't been ripping on Meg so much, it's good, that joke crossed to "old" to "Dude! Not Funny!" a long time ago.

• Love 2

At the vet's office, Brian meets a female show dog named Ellie. Smitten with her, he enters a show dog competition, in which the winner gets to breed with her. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois go to extreme measures to try to convince Chris that "Arthur Valentine" doesn't exist.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:22 AM, xander874 said:

I'm pretty sure he does, the undergarments just aren't his.

So is Brian the new family punching bag? I'm okay with that. But Brian is dating an actual dog for once? And who actually understands Brian? Gasp. They actually went there with the lives of show dogs, and yeah, I liked that Quagmire was at the breeding session because he's Quagmire.

Chris's catatonic look after Arthur Valentine "died" just slayed me.

It's pointless, but not much gets me angrier than someone singing We Didn't Start The Fire with the wrong lyrics, especially with a fake Billy Joel.

• Love 1

It is the dumbest joke, but the 'german shepherd' killed me. 

I'm kind of not buying that Brian is in to Valentine's day, but I liked him dating another dog because I love when they do the dog jokes with the matter-of-fact delivery.

23 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

It's pointless, but not much gets me angrier than someone singing We Didn't Start The Fire with the wrong lyrics, especially with a fake Billy Joel.

It's worth it for the 'does anyone call you Bill?' joke.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2018 at 7:48 PM, Ubiquitous said:

I was too distracted by no one remembering Brian's last foray into the dog pageant scene.

Right?  Funny how Brian was so against dog shows when it meant helping the family, but as soon as he might get laid?  He's all in.  And then couldn't perform.  Nelson Muntz is in Springfield "Ha-ha"-ing for me.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed Stewie's weird obsession with the Fast & The Furious movies.

Peter getting to meet Boo Berry was fun, too. Peter's hand got so dirty it became The Genesis Tub? I'm with Cleveland, him, Joe and Quagmire should've been Snap, Crackle & Pop. I still liked seeing Cleveland dressed as Count Chocula (and I would've liked seeing him as Frankenburry, too)

Gonna admit, I was more upset over Rupert's death than Brian's. When Brian offered Stewie to kill something he loved, Stewie immediately pulled a gun on him. It says so much.

• Love 2

Rin Tin Twink is a hilarious joke.

5 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

Aaah, the "Loaf of bread, gallon of milk, and a stick of butter" gag really took me back to my childhood. Thanks Family Guy!

The whole joke with the cucumber was funny too just for the reaction shot of the kids. 

I was thinking the whole time 'why is Rupurt the only baby thing Stewie does?' so I'm glad Brian did. To be fair, talking to Rupurt while Brian was sitting right there, but he shouldn't have torn him up either. I kind of don't buy that Stewie would think the new toy was Rupurt either. 

I always find it funny that the dog and the baby went on this huge road trip and no one noticed.

• Love 1
On 1/15/2018 at 2:58 PM, Ubiquitous said:

Dammit, I recorded this ep but got Bob's Burgers instead and the show after it wanted to record next's show after Family Guy. ?

same here.....weird. what happened? I like Bob's Burgers but was expecting FG.

3 minutes ago, ari333 said:

same here.....weird. what happened? I like Bob's Burgers but was expecting FG.

It turns out the football game ran long that night.

I watched it on demand last night and preferred Peter's story, to be honest. I don't think I ever liked "Oscar nominee" Brian and Stewie eps, like the time they were locked in a bank vault together.

(edited)

I will try to find this eppy on On Demand then.

I cannot watch bank vault. And I skip any of those Stewie/Brian adventures to other places. I hate the star wars ones too, but I love the show in general.

Edited by ari333

I like the "Road to..." ones. 

On 1/15/2018 at 9:38 AM, AAEBoiler said:

Aaah, the "Loaf of bread, gallon of milk, and a stick of butter" gag really took me back to my childhood. Thanks Family Guy!

What did Peter end up repeating? A box of milk, Beyonce's underwear, and a robot? Ha ha

OK, I was amused at Booberry being at the store. Do they even make it any more?I 

On 1/19/2018 at 5:33 PM, Ubiquitous said:

OK, I was amused at Booberry being at the store. Do they even make it any more?I 

Yes...Booberry, Frankenberry and Count Chocula come out for a couple of weeks around Halloween.

I loved the All Fruit gag.  Kinda didn't like them explaining the joke.  But Peter was right that it was a lot funnier knowing the reference going in.  I remember that ad from the early 90s.  When my brother saw the guy who say "please pass the jelly" he had said "It's President Clinton!"

• Love 1

Stewie gets sent to the office of his school's child psychologist, Dr. Cecil Pritchfield, after pushing one of his classmates. During the session, Stewie experiences a series of personal and emotional revelations.

So, an episode without commercials, so that means lots of long, drawn-out filler. I'll tell you, this was a lot better than that episode where Stewie and Brian were locked in the bank vault. Nobody ate shit in this one. Well, not literally this time.

This was pretty similar to Helga on The Couch from Hey Arnold. Not a bad thing, but this was kind of hard to sit through. So Stewie let his therapist die. I mean...wow.

It was really weird to hear Stewie's "real" voice. 

3 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

So, an episode without commercials, so that means lots of long, drawn-out filler. I'll tell you, this was a lot better than that episode where Stewie and Brian were locked in the bank vault. Nobody ate shit in this one. Well, not literally this time.

This was pretty similar to Helga on The Couch from Hey Arnold. Not a bad thing, but this was kind of hard to sit through. So Stewie let his therapist die. I mean...wow.

It was really weird to hear Stewie's "real" voice. 

Helga on the Couch was WAY better.

The only part of this episode I liked was Stewie's "real voice" to explain the plot hole of why he sounds British when none of the others do.

Ian McKellan deserved better. Maybe he can show up on American Dad so he can play off Patrick Stewart's Bullock. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I must fallen asleep several times while watching this b/c I don't remember anything happening except Stewie doing a soliloquy for almost the entire ep.

You're lucky. Just like with the North Pole episode, I'm once again going to need brain bleach for that ending.

• Love 1