Type keyword(s) to search

Deadliest Media: News, Interviews, and Other Media

• Start Topic

Trading out the TB for the CM?  Turrible.

They still keep feeding us lies about ownership.  Either Harris has a majority interest in the enterprise or he does not.  He absolutely does not.  He takes his marching orders from ownership, who also own the quota lease.  The question is to what degree the CM ownership takes orders from Disco.  I suspect quite a lot, beginning with who runs the wheelhouse.

• Love 4

Uurrrghhhh why Disco Why????? Just let the show die. It's time. Everyone's old and weary and i don't want to feel as though my soul's getting sucked out of me every episode. :/ unless they announce a shortened season i'm probably gonna tap out too. We'll see when the time comes i guess.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, brgjoe said:

But rather not see Josh again.  Unless he has changed his "playing captain on TV" ways.

"Playing" at being a crab fisherman/captain has been his "job" since the first episode he appeared on DC.  The Time Bandit took him on for a year right after Phil Harris died.  If you read interviews with Johnathan and the other real captains, none of them speak well of Josh's performance or potential.  Derrick Ray is a real captain, and he took the helm of the CM for one season of the show.  He said the reason he left was the Harris boys (who owned a total 25%, but acted like sole owners) kept telling him, "We're not here to catch crab; we're here to film a TV show."

• Love 2

Well, I am not surprised by this. Johnathan is retired and they needed someone to fill the void. I think Andy has not been a fan of disco for years and Neil was never a fan. Based on what I saw on disco FB page last year they took a lot of shit when they dropped the CM. Ugh, another season of listening to 37 year-old Jake Anderson scream, bitch and throw temper tantrums like a toddler. I would take Josh over Jake, which is not saying much.

Unless something has changed both Jake and Josh are annoying man-children that I have no interest in watching. Josh, overly dramatic poseur,  Jake, overly dramatic screamer.  What a waste of what once was an interesting show.

• Love 4

Senator Lisa Murkowski posted a pic of the Brenna A crew heading out to King Crab -- apparently Sean's mom is her cousin.  She sent her thoughts and prayers to her "two" nephews (and the rest of the crab fleet).  Sean doesn't have a brother -- have they said before that one of the crew is his cousin, or is that a new guy?  She posted a pic but I can't copy/paste from here.  Zack was there.

• Love 2

Disco has Episode 1 up on the app and on demand.  It's just a sit down with the captains reviewing last season, things learned, some extra scenes and some previews for the upcoming season.  I think it officially airs on April 3rd.

Basic takeaway without much spoiling:  Jake is still a hot head and a baby especially when criticized, Sig is still fishing and Josh is (unfortunately) back but he was not heavily featured in the episode.  I will say only a few of the other captains gave their opinion on Josh's return and it was not favorable.

• Love 3

I went to the website. Saw a picture, or freeze frame, of the captains including Josh and said, F it. Couldn't leave the site fast enough. I want to watch the show, as pretend-drama as it is, but I really don't want to watch Josh do anything ever again anywhere any time any way.

• Love 4

I just googled to see when the new season begins.   It felt like a kick in the stomach to see first in the results, "Cornelia Marie and Captain Josh Return to Deadliest Catch."  The article made it sound like this was something the world has been waiting/hoping for, with Josh boasting "All your questions (about his absence) will be answered."

Me, I just wish I never had to see that bastard again.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I just googled to see when the new season begins.   It felt like a kick in the stomach to see first in the results, "Cornelia Marie and Captain Josh Return to Deadliest Catch."  The article made it sound like this was something the world has been waiting/hoping for, with Josh boasting "All your questions (about his absence) will be answered."

Me, I just wish I never had to see that bastard again.

I wonder if there are really people out there who actually still care about Josh and Cornelia Marie and have things that qualify as "all your questions" lined up?  First time I heard this I thought, nope, no questions for me, we know where he's been and mostly it's trying to get Jake out of trouble.

I picture a session where they eagerly sit down with Josh and he looks at an audience and says "OK ready to answer any and all questions about what I've been up to and what I'm doing next, who's first"..........<crickets>............"No really guys anything you want to know about my crabbing plans"............<crickets, coughs, restless rustling>............"Hey, seriously I'm back and ready to answer whatever you want to know".............<lengthy silence, one voice says "well">............"Great finally, what's your question"....................Audience member:  When's Sig coming on stage?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I wonder if there are really people out there who actually still care about Josh and Cornelia Marie and have things that qualify as "all your questions" lined up?  First time I heard this I thought, nope, no questions for me, we know where he's been and mostly it's trying to get Jake out of trouble.

. . . and trying to get back on the show.  I guess with Johnathan retired, they were desperate to fill some time.

• Love 2

I like to see Josh. Still have warm fuzzies remembering when Phil fished with his two sons. Would love to see Josh do well. He needs to cut Casey loose though. I think that's what's keeping him from making it. And Casey gets on my nerves big time.

Not sure if I'll be watching this season. Last season just left me feeling burned out. Disappointed josh is back. Probably not a reduced season i've seriously been hoping for, so we'll have to sit through a bunch of episodes where literally nothing happens. Plus, our household might be cutting cable this summer. Still up in the air, though. And with Johnathan gone (one of the few bright spots the show had left)... :(

My mom said she watched the special and that jake threw the usual hissy fit. Lol. And good to hear that none of the captains are enthusiastic about josh being back.

*sighs* I just don't know :/

• Love 3
  1. 55 minutes ago, clod said:

general comment:   if you cut the cable cord, check your show's website.   they might put shows (videos) there.  maybe.

However, most websites now are requiring you log in through your service provider (I have Comcast, which occasionally fails to be recognized by other GE/NBC owned channels).  So if you cut the cord you may want to get Roku or Sling or one of those (Sling looks pretty reasonable).  Cutting the cord is one thing; maintaining internet is another....

I saw the special and enjoyed the segment on Johnathan. I will miss him this year.   Well, it did not surprise me to learn that Jake Anderson has has anger management issues since he was a child. When interviewed, Jake said he had been required to attend counseling as a child. He is 37 years-old man and I am so tired of seeing him act like a child. His temper tantrums and shit fits have, in MHO, become very tiring. Maybe he should consider enrolling in anger management counseling again.  I will take Josh and his big mouth over Jake Anderson any day.  

To answer someones question, yes I believe Josh is still popular. Last year I casually followed the DC FB page and a lot of people were pissed off that the CM was off the show.  They need someone to replace Johnathan.  I really like Casey Mc Manus and, in MHO, he was the person who saved Josh's ass and kept that boat going. Without Casey, I don't think he would ever had been able to take the CM out and fish. I am curious how things will be shown with the new owners if at all since the CM wasn't on last year.

• Love 2

Yeah, the "Special" was advertised as new - but it was really a re-hash of a previous special with some bonus footage.

I've said this all along, but Jake A's behavior during his final interview with Sig just drove it home - he's a crybaby not suited to Captaincy.  He insists on receiving respect from the other Captains, without ever earning it.  He could not tolerate a moment of back & forth with the other guys, and his arrested development shone through, loud & clear (as he stomped off the stage and refused to even engage with Sig in the aftermath).  The boy may WANT to be a crab boat Captain, but he'll never BE one unless he grows up - a LOT.

Sean is younger, greener, and much better at taking the helm.

A widowmaker heart attack couldn't take Sig down, but the loss of his fishing buddy did just that.  I've never seen him so emotional, and vulnerable.

Blech on the return of Josh.  Who ran the Cornelia Marie while he was "taking care of some family stuff"?  Casey?  Who could run the boat without Josh sitting in the wheelhouse smoking & bloviating & occasionally taking on the helm for the cameras?

• Love 6

Oh wow.  Sorry to hear that.

What's weird is, like for the first time in years, not too long ago I thought about Blake and wondered if he was still crabbing.  Then I see this devastating news today.  So very sad.  :(

• Love 2

‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl

"Reality-TV fisherman Edgar Hansen pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a teenage girl in September, but he’ll face no jail time under a plea deal quietly reached last week with Snohomish County prosecutors.

Instead, Hansen, 47, received a 364-day suspended jail sentence and was ordered to pay court fines and fees of $1,653, court records show. He also must undergo a sexual-deviancy evaluation and treatment and give a DNA sample to authorities..."

"...Edgar Hansen’s victim — identified only as 16-year-old “Jane Doe” — told her therapist in October that Hansen had sexually assaulted her at a Mountlake Terrace home Sept. 30..."

Hansen pleaded guilty Wednesday to fourth-degree assault with sexual motivation — a gross misdemeanor — admitting he intentionally kissed and touched the victim.

“I committed this assault for the purpose of my own sexual gratification,” Hansen’s handwritten statement says. “I am very sorry for that conduct and I have commenced treatment to ensure that nothing like this assault ever happens again.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/deadliest-catch-co-star-edgar-hansen-pleads-guilty-to-sexually-assaulting-teen-girl/

• Love 1

Aww Edgar.   Dammit.   Why did it have to be Edgar?    but this bad, like really really really bad.    I don't know how Disco can continue having him on the show.   Other shows have been cancelled for this type of thing.

• Love 5

Wow.  Just wow.  I mean, WTF!?  That's horrible.  What the hell is wrong with you, Edgar!?

Once again, I just guess it goes to show no matter how well you think you know someone from what you seen from years on TV, you still actually don't really know what they are truly like in real life.

• Love 4

The Northwestern was my favorite boat and crew for a long time (tied with PHIL Harris, when he was alive), but Sig has turned into an asshole-and now this!?  I've never been a fan of Keith, the CM (Phil Harris was the CM, imo) and the Time Bandit are now gone, and Jake is a petulant man-child (I had high hopes for him when he was younger).  I just have had a very hard time maintaining interest in this show.  It bums me out. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

The Northwestern was my favorite boat and crew for a long time (tied with PHIL Harris, when he was alive), but Sig has turned into an asshole-and now this!?  I've never been a fan of Keith, the CM (Phil Harris was the CM, imo) and the Time Bandit are now gone, and Jake is a petulant man-child (I had high hopes for him when he was younger).  I just have had a very hard time maintaining interest in this show.  It bums me out. 

Almost ditto - difference is my early favorites were Northwestern and Time Bandit. Enjoyed young Jake when he was an ambitious go getter with only the occasional temper tantrum/whine fest - now seems all we see is tantrum and woe is me whining... Actually, though I said "now," should have said when I stopped watching.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, Stampiron said:

‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl

"Reality-TV fisherman Edgar Hansen pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a teenage girl in September, but he’ll face no jail time under a plea deal quietly reached last week with Snohomish County prosecutors.

Instead, Hansen, 47, received a 364-day suspended jail sentence and was ordered to pay court fines and fees of $1,653, court records show. He also must undergo a sexual-deviancy evaluation and treatment and give a DNA sample to authorities..."

"...Edgar Hansen’s victim — identified only as 16-year-old “Jane Doe” — told her therapist in October that Hansen had sexually assaulted her at a Mountlake Terrace home Sept. 30..."

Hansen pleaded guilty Wednesday to fourth-degree assault with sexual motivation — a gross misdemeanor — admitting he intentionally kissed and touched the victim.

“I committed this assault for the purpose of my own sexual gratification,” Hansen’s handwritten statement says. “I am very sorry for that conduct and I have commenced treatment to ensure that nothing like this assault ever happens again.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/deadliest-catch-co-star-edgar-hansen-pleads-guilty-to-sexually-assaulting-teen-girl/

I am 1000% not surprised by this. I'm sure I should be, but I read the article (actually on msn.com) and my very first thought was "I can see him doing that." Depressing!

• Love 1

Wow. Just saw this. Always thought at some point in the future I'd run through my dvds of the first few seasons to forget the last couple but now that's ruined. Can we just have one goddamn un-ruined pleasure?  

that poor girl. 

• Love 1