Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Twin Terrors

A set of twins with not so identical problems; Dr. Dubrow tries to help the worlds first paraplegic fitness model achieve her dream; Dr. Nassif performs a rhinoplasty on a woman whose nose has been altered by a cleft palate deformity.

Just catching up with this season. Liberty is my favorite type of patient on this show. A normal person with a natural deformity, cleft palate and nose issues. And her results were the best; she feels pretty just looking more normal, and she wanted to be more confident in her 30s. And to breathe better.

The twins were ridiculous. The fitness model who walked again after a car accident was somewhere in the middle.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Just catching up with this season. Liberty is my favorite type of patient on this show. A normal person with a natural deformity, cleft palate and nose issues. And her results were the best; she feels pretty just looking more normal, and she wanted to be more confident in her 30s. And to breathe better.

The twins were ridiculous. The fitness model who walked again after a car accident was somewhere in the middle.

I totally agree with your statements about Liberty. I enjoy seeing cases with relatively normal people who need the expertise of doctors specializing in revision surgeries. 

The fitness model is very much bordering on the "surgery-crazy" type of case. This was, after all, her 10th breast surgery! WTF? And she's still obsessed with having huge, perky, symmetrical, perfect breasts? She'd have been much better off with smaller, more realistically-sized implants that come with less risk of future complications. 

• Love 2

The fitness model didn't look all that fit.  She looked more fit than typical, but not to the level expected for fitness models.  I appreciate the difficult experience she has been through.  Her accident and injuries were horrifying.  However, the link from that story to I really need huge breasts didn't make a lot of sense.  I agree with @asemumma, smaller breasts would have made more sense.  Less risk of complications and they would have fit her frame better. 

I enjoyed Liberty's story.  It was nice to see someone who really appreciated the surgery, had reasonable expectations and a real need.  It was also good to see Dr. Nassif in action.  We've had a lot of Dr. Dubrow this year.  I loathe the man so it makes it that much harder to watch the show.  How can he tell every single person that their case is the most extreme case he has ever seen?  Shut it, Terry! 

• Love 1

those twins were dumb.  why do they need such big butts and breasts. good luck getting work when it all sags. 

that paraplegic   said ive never been so happy. i thought what about your husband? what about being alive and able to walk? small breasts are not so bad. 

• Love 4

I'm also sick of the episodes mostly show casing Dr. Dubrow. Honestly, ion sick of seeing boobs and butts being worked on. I want more of Dr. Nassif. I always think his cases are more interesting. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Hey, I went to high school with Liberty! I barely knew her as I was two or so years older, but I recognized her right from the "coming up on..." bit before she introduced herself.

She, independent of our hometown connection, was one of the loveliest people who has ever been on this show and I wish that everyone was as sweet, knowledgeable, and just *normal* as she was. She's just a pretty, good-natured, regular girl who healed badly from a previous revision surgery, who wasn't trying to be a bikini model or human Barbie but just someone that was trying to get back to her normal life.

She seemed like a great patient, and you could tell that she'd done her homework, answering the doctors' little quiz questions with the correct answers--it's so nice to see someone who not only ISN'T undoing an "I got greedy!" boob job but actually has done research, and studied, and who clearly really values the procedure as more than just a way to be "like, totally hottttt!!!!"

Sure the disasters and the heartwarming drama cases are fun to watch, but segments like Liberty's are a really nice palate (sorry) cleanser every now and again.  More like this, please! :D

Edited by AllisonWonderland
  • Love 9

How on earth did I let my blind hatred of the Dubrows keep me from tuning in to this show? Miss Terri is so much better as a surgeon than a house husband. Also, maybe they can fix my boobs from mastectomy scars. Do they help not famous or fabulous (alien) people? 

Loving this! 

• Love 1

It's funny because I liked and empathized with the twins more than the paraplegic fitness model. The twins look was extreme, but they hadn't gone overboard with the surgery and weren't expecting ridiculous extreme looks at the end. They really wanted reasonable things.

Liberty was a very nice person.

On 7/23/2017 at 4:13 PM, JD5166 said:

How on earth did I let my blind hatred of the Dubrows keep me from tuning in to this show? Miss Terri is so much better as a surgeon than a house husband. Also, maybe they can fix my boobs from mastectomy scars. Do they help not famous or fabulous (alien) people? 

Loving this! 

JD5166, Every episode features a couple of regular people who have (usually) botched nose jobs or botched boob jobs. Sometimes there are other issues, someone got breast implants put in their ass, someone had cement fillers injected into their face, for example. Then there is a third person who gets turned down by the doctors, because what they want is dangerously extreme, like the women who wants ginormous breasts, or ribs removed.

You could apply for the show. You might have to pretend that your mastectomy scars are preventing you from...something. Letting your partner see you naked, or having the confidence to learn to fly a plane. You can't just have scars you want to remove. And if they accept you, you might end up with larger implants then you'd like. And if you have a partner, you have to film a reveal where your partner pretends they haven't seen your breasts since before the surgery.

Go for it, though, why not apply? They'll show your blurry breasts on t.v., but you'd get some excellent work done for free.

• Love 2
On 7/17/2017 at 10:16 PM, Cosmic Muffin said:

That is my favorite patient, too. When someone was born with a problem or was in an accident and needs help to look normal again. Those are the gratifying stories. 

I have no sympathy for the wackos that come on the show. One woman was into COS Play had white hair, purple skin, a plastic jewel glued to the center of her chest and humongous boobs. She said she wanted to get bigger boobs to be noticed. If people don't notice her yet, going bigger isn't going to do it. Perhaps fake horns on the side of her head. I think her real motive to be on the show is to get publicity, she sells herself and wanted more exposure. 

• Love 1
On 9/11/2017 at 10:24 AM, JuliaJenkins said:

I have no sympathy for the wackos that come on the show. One woman was into COS Play had white hair, purple skin, a plastic jewel glued to the center of her chest and humongous boobs. She said she wanted to get bigger boobs to be noticed. If people don't notice her yet, going bigger isn't going to do it. Perhaps fake horns on the side of her head. I think her real motive to be on the show is to get publicity, she sells herself and wanted more exposure. 

I think the cosplay woman was cosplaying Steven Universe. The really messed up truth is that women who professionally cosplay start making more money when they get breast implants. However, you still need to do decent cosplay. Hers looked terrible.

I didn't mind the twins because they weren't nearly as extreme and over the top as some of the weirdest weirdos that have been shown on this show nor were their expectations unreasonable. They didn't want to stop looking like humans. They wanted looks that were unusual, but not freakish. They also had normal expectations about what surgery might achieve. However, I thought the paraplegic fitness model sort of ungrateful about her obvious good fortune.

• Love 1