Type keyword(s) to search

The West Wing Hangman

A. I tho--ht  -o-  -ere  the  --t-er.

B. No, I'm  the  -hite  Ho-se -hie-  o-  St---.

Yes: E H I M N O R S T

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were the butler.

No, I'm the white house chief of staff (Gerald). :-)

--- ---- ----, -‘- ----- ---- ---- -- --- ----, ------- - ------- - --- ---- ---- -----, - -----.

(computer dying, am anticipating a correct guess. If not: AWKWARD.

A:  ---- ---- -- --- -------.  --- ---- ----- -------- -- --- --- ---- - ------------ ------ --- - ---- ---- -- - --------‘- ---. --- ------ -- ---- -----.

B:  -- --- ------ ---- ---- ----, -‘- -----.

A:  T--- ---t -- t-- t------.  T-- ---- ---t- -------- -- t-- t-- --t- - --------t--- ------ --- - ---- ---- -t - --------‘- ---. T-- ------ -- --t- --t--.

B:  -- t-- ------ ---- ---- t--t, -‘- --t--.

Yes:  T

No:

Since @betsyboo solved first but @Kohola3 has already started filling in her puzzle, I propose that after we solve Kohola's puzzle, we continue with Betsy's.  Trying to solve two at once could get confusing (or for me anyway...).

Oh, geez, missed that entirely. I apologize Betsyboo!  You're up next!

A:  T--- s--t -- t-- t-----s.  T-- ---- ---t- -------- -- t-- t-- --ta - ---s----t--- ------ --- - ---- ---- -t - --------‘s ---. T-- ------ -- --ts --t--.

B:  -- t-- -----s ---- ---- t--t, -‘- --t--.

Yes:  TS

No:

A:  T--- s-nt -- t-o t-r---s.  T-- -or- --oto -r--n--- o- t-- t-o --ta - -r-s---nt--- --r-on -n- - ---- ---- -t - -----r-n‘s -oo. T-- r-nn-r -- --ts --t-n.

B:  -- t-- O---rs --r- ---- t--t, -‘- --t--.

Yes:  TSRON

No:

(edited)

Ha!  I love this quote so much.  But I'm completely confused on the eighth word in the second sentence, currently filled in as --ta, because I have another word in my head.  So one of us has the quote wrong, and it may very well be me; I just can't figure out what the right word is if I'm the one misremembering. 

EDIT: Oh, duh -- it's just a typo.  You put an a instead of an s.  I can't believe I stared at it that long before grasping the simple fact A and S are next to each other on the keyboard.

So, here it is:

They sent me two turkeys. The more photo friendly of the two gets a presidential pardon and a full life at a children's zoo. The runner up gets eaten.

If the Oscars were like that, I'd watch.

Now @betsyboo can put hers up.

Edited by Bastet
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Glad you figured out my typo!

It is ridiculous how long that took me.  I have a freakish ability in these hangman games to identify quotes with which I'm familiar with very few letters filled in (I think my record in the X-Files game was two), so when I looked at the puzzle, the quote came to me quickly.  But then as I started to write it out, I noticed the discrepancy.  I sat here, and sat here, thinking, "Hmm, I may be remembering it slightly wrong, so what '--ta' word makes sense in place of 'gets'?  Hell, what word fits, period, other than iota, and that's definitely not it.  Okay, I give up; I'm just going to post that I know the quote but one of us is wrong on a word."  Minutes had gone by through all that.  And then mere seconds after I posted, the light bulb went on.  No one had guessed A.  That "a" was just a typo.  The keys are right next to each other, after all.  Total V-8 head smack moment.

My favorite part of that is when she's talking to them. "You know what I find a little unsettling, that I've been talking to you all this time..."

--- ---- ----, -‘- ----- ---- ---- -- --- ----, ------- - ------- - --- ---- ---- -----, - -----.

thank you @deaja - i was waiting for you because this shit is HARD! I didn't want to have to do yours and @Kohola3 separately. MATH IS HARD. COUNTING SPACES IS HARD.  :-) 

(I'm thinking now this will be a race to see which of you gets it first.)

--- w-th th-t, -’m ----- ---- --w- t- the mess, -e---se - th---ht - m-- h--e see- the-e, - -e--h.

YES:  H S T M W E

NO:

I just figured out why the speech pattern seems off in this quote, but I'm still missing a little. :)

R

Just now, deaja said:

I just figured out why the speech pattern seems off in this quote, but I'm still missing a little. :)

:-) That's why it's one of my favorites! The first part of it is really the best part (but too long to use here), but this kicker just makes me smile every time.

--- w-th th-t, -’m ----- ---- --w- t- the mess, -e---se - th---ht - m-- h--e see- there, - -e--h.

YES:  H S T M W E R

NO:

(edited)

And with that, I’m going down to the mess,  because I thought I might have seen there a peach.

Ainsley and her wacky speech pattern.  

-‘- ---- ----- -- --- ---- --- ----- ----- --------- --- --- ------ - --- -- ---- --.

Edited by Kohola3

There is a four letter word between "going" and "down" that I couldn't get. So I have now googled, and the word is "back."  

Continue, I just was curious. :)

Geez,  I am getting worse by the day.  I missed that in my zeal to transcribe one of Ainsley's bizarre sentences.

This one is not in iambic pentameter (per Lionel)

-‘- ---t ----- t- --t ---- --- t---- ----t ---t----- --- t-- t----- - --- -- --t- -t.

Yes:  T

No:

(edited)

Another great Jed quote!

"I'm just going to sit here and think about plutonium and the things I can do with it."

(I'll be back; have to think of a quote - suddenly my mind is empty of them!)

Edited by Bastet

A:  - --- ---- --- ---------'- ----.  - ---- --- --------- ---- ------ ----.

B:  --- --- ---- --- ---------'- ----?

A:  ----.

B:  -- - -------- -------- --- ---- ----- --- ------- -- -- ------- ----.

A:  ----.  -- -- --- ----- --- ----- ----- ------- ----- --- ---- --- - --- ----?

B:  - ----- --- ----- ----- ------- ----- --- -- --- - ---- -'----!

(edited)

A:  - --- ---- th- --------t'- ----.  - h--- h-- -----t--- ---- ---tt- ----.

B:  --- --- ---- th- --------t'- ----?

A:  ---h.

B:  -- - -------t -------- h-- ---- ----- --- h------ -t t- ------- ----.

A:  ---h.  -- -- --- th--- th- -h-t- H---- ------- ----- --- th-- --- - --- ----?

B:  - th--- th- -h-t- H---- ------- ----- --- -t --- - ---- -'-t-t!

Yea: H, T

Nay:

Edited by Bastet
(edited)

A:  - --- s--- th- -r-s----t's ----.  - h--- h-s s----t-r- ---- -r-tt- ----.

B:  --- --- s--- th- -r-s----t's ----?

A:  ---h.

B:  -- - -------t r------- h-- -r-- ----r --- h------ -t t- s------ --s-.

A:  ---h.  -r -- --- th--- th- -h-t- H--s- ----s-- ----- s-- th-t --s - --- ----?

B:  - th--- th- -h-t- H--s- ----s-- ----- s-- -t --s - ---- -'-t-t!

Yea: H, T, R, S

Nay:

Edited by Bastet

A:  - --- s--- the -res--e-t's ---e.  - h--e h-s s----t-re ---- -rett- ----.

B:  --- --- s--- the -res--e-t's ---e?

A:  -e-h.

B:  -- - -----e-t re------ h-- -r-- ---er --- h------ -t t- s--e--e e-se.

A:  -e-h.  -r -- --- th--- the -h-te H--se ----se- ----- s-- th-t --s - --- --e-?

B:  - th--- the -h-te H--se ----se- ----- s-- -t --s - ---- -'et-t!

Yea: H, T, R, S, E

Nay:

A:  i can sign the president’s name.  i have his signature down pretty good.

B:  you can sign the president’s name?

A:  yeah.

B:  on a document removing him from power and handing it to someone else?

A:  yeah.  Or do you think the white house counsel would say that’s a bad idea?

B:  i think the White House counsel would say it was a coup d'etat!

A:  ---- ----- -- ------------- ------.

B: ------ --.

B: -----‘- --- -------?

C: --‘- ---- --. -- --- -- - ------ -----.

B: -- -- -------?

C: - ----- --‘- ------- -- - ------ -----. ---‘- -- -----?

B: --‘- -------- ---- --- -------- ---- --- ---‘- --------- ---, --- ----‘-- -- ----- -- -------. --- --‘- - --- -- ----- -------.

C: ---‘- --------- ---?

B: -- -- ----, ---- -- --.