Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mum - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My wife and I are living life wrong. We are both in our early 30s with careers and all that and we are trying to save up for a down payment for a house. Clearly what we should have done is one of us should have gotten knocked to the up in HS because apparently that leads to people paying for your house down payments and engagement parties and trips to Spain and all kinds of other shit. 

Jordan does not want to buy this house. He knows it's a terrible idea even if he can't fully articulate it. 

Megan and Dylan are both dumber than bags of hair.

I love Manley's Ness shirt. 

• Love 2

It's a dream come true... pregnant with my 2nd child at 18...

WHATTTTTTT????? 

I guess I should just be glad they got rid of the horse... that poor thing. 

And I can't remember names.. but the girl who wanted to buy a house.  Do they not believe in renting where they live???? Lets take some baby steps.

MTV obviously thought this was a trainwreck since they made the season go by super fast.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/26/2017 at 11:48 AM, gunderda said:

And I can't remember names.. but the girl who wanted to buy a house.  Do they not believe in renting where they live???? Lets take some baby steps.

MTV obviously thought this was a trainwreck since they made the season go by super fast.

I was thinking the same  - you are teenagers, I don't know what job her boyfriend has that she thinks he can afford to buy a house, but surely they can rent an apartment!  And, she was so irritated he went our without her for his 18th but we saw her go out with her friends for hers.  So.....how is this a problem?

I can't figure out Megan and her parents - she's obviously spoiled rotten with the car and the down payment on her new mobile home.  But then she seemed really thrilled with that nasty looking home and was so happy it had running water, like what?!  I mean, I get their prior one didn't but how does she not just expect that?

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 2

I just got around to watching  the finale and I was having WTF moments. 

WTF, Megan is pregnant again? Why? Didn't they not have enough money to pay their bills a few weeks earlier? I guess her mom giving them money to move into a "posh" caravan means the time is right! Maybe it's the cynical part of me but I'm thinking that Megan got pg on purpose to get benefits. I know in the UK, they give assistance to women who are pregnant and have babies. IDK, maybe her benefits were running out so it's time to get knocked up. 

And WTF, what was up with Chloe and Jordan house hunting? how is a just turned 18 year old guy able to afford a house that costs over 100,000 pounds? What kind of a job does he have? I sincerely do not understand. I figured they were living with Chloe's parents because they had no money. And Jordan could not be more uninterested in Chloe. She needs to cut her losses.    

• Love 1
21 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I was thinking the same  - you are teenagers, I don't know what job her boyfriend has that she thinks he can afford to buy a house, but surely they can rent an apartment!  And, she was so irritated he went our without her for his 18th but we saw her go out with her friends for hers.  So.....how is this a problem?

I can't figure out Megan and her parents - she's obviously spoiled rotten with the car and the down payment on her new mobile home.  But then she seemed really thrilled with that nasty looking home and was so happy it had running water, like what?!  I mean, I get their prior one didn't but how does she not just expect that?

I don't think she was mad he went out with his friends.  She was mad that he opened up all his cards at his mom's house, with his MOM and not with HER.  

I was like really..... now we're upset because you didn't get to watch him open a bunch of cards??? really bizarre....

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/17/2017 at 6:07 AM, Calm81 said:

I finally watched Teen Mum (I have no life, apparently).

Megan - I can't believe you forgave your FIANCÉ of cheating, not only on you, but with your BEST FRIEND, after just 24-hours??! Then here's the kicker, you proceeded to surprise HIM with a makeup dinner?!!!?!?!?!?! 

Don't let me forget to remind anyone that he proposed to her with some girls 'smell' on his hands while he held your engagement ring since he had sex with her friend right BEFORE getting down on one knee.

You're such a pretty girl, and surprisingly very positive while living in a caravan - why put up with this crap?? 

Naomi - BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!!!! I love her hair and face, but feel so bad that a sad dude is making her look pathetic. Rafael is using both women and they're sitting there looking pathetic fighting for him (not physically or verbally, just emotionally).

Girl, you're beautiful and have a career already mapped out ...you're going places, find a man that knows who he wants to rest his head next to.

Mia - I understand where she was slightly coming from, she loves her boyfriends baby but wanted the attention to be solely on welcoming the new baby into the world. But then the other side of me thinks it was based on jealousy.

She has a lot of growing up to do. People have stepchildren all of the time and in order to be with the parents you need to welcome them into your world 100% without picking and choosing when they can be around.

His baby did nothing wrong, it's there to meet the new member.

Mia also has a pretty face. ?

I forgot the name of the chic that went on a holiday to Spain with her boyfriend. I understand that your boyfriend gets to go out whenever he wants back home (which I don't see as fair, just because he works doesn't mean he can do what he wants whenever....being a fulltime mother is a job and she deserves time for herself, too) and you want to have fun on your trip.

However, in the real world, when you take a holiday (vacation for us USA people) with your boyfriend/husband you spend the trip with him and not run off with other friends.

I think I covered everyone, dang, even on a show like teen mum, the teens sound smarter than the smart people in the states. Something about the English accent that reaks of intelligence. ??

I didn't mean to quote my own post. I was trying to edit a mistake in name (I put Chloe's name instead of Megan's by accident) and I wasn't able to edit the original. Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Calm81
Had to change Chloe to Megan on post
5 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

And WTF, what was up with Chloe and Jordan house hunting? how is a just turned 18 year old guy able to afford a house that costs over 100,000 pounds? What kind of a job does he have? I sincerely do not understand. I figured they were living with Chloe's parents because they had no money.

Jordan repeatedly resisted her pressure to get a house. He said they need to keep saving, that they don't have the money. But she nagged and nagged and nagged - and then apparently SHE got a job? So now they can all of a sudden afford one? What the hell is she doing? Stripping? 

I just don't get teenagers jumping right into buying a brand new, expensive home. I'm 37 and I've NEVER owned a brand new home. We just bought our second, and while it's a HUGE step up from our first, it's still 30 years old. When I was THEIR age? I was renting an apartment for $350/month on the bad side of town. I know they have a baby, but damn - ever hear of a starter home? Chloe wants her parent's life without putting in any of the work. 

5 hours ago, gunderda said:

I don't think she was mad he went out with his friends.  She was mad that he opened up all his cards at his mom's house, with his MOM and not with HER.  

I was like really..... now we're upset because you didn't get to watch him open a bunch of cards??? really bizarre....

Oh, that was SO weird! Why did she care? The cards and presents were not from HER. It's like she has to make every situation about her. He should want to spend every minute of his birthday with HER, because she's so awesome!

• Love 1

As I recall, Chloe did get upset she wasn't asked along for his 18th birthday. She said she was disappointed he didn't ask her and say she could bring along a few mates, and doesn't he want her to meet his friends, that sort of thing. So she had a friend spend the night while he was out. I think he wasn't invited to hers because she turned 18 first and wouldn't have been able to drink with them. I also am wondering how they could afford a house. Maybe they got enough TM money to make a nice down payment. Jordan is definitely a laborer, though, because there were a few times his hands were filthy

Bummed Naomi isn't returning for series 2. They also left out a girl from the first. Can't remember her name but she despised her baby daddy. I fell down a rabbit hole of a series of recaps before the show started.

Can't believe Megan having a second baby while still in the caravan. Eww. 

Can't get a good read on Manly, but tend to agree he definitely likes the attention of two women. 

Wish I had more back story on these girls. They sure don't seem to be struggling, though. Mia's grandmother's house was enchanting on the outside!

• Love 1

Manely just looks WEIRD to me.  And I did see on IG that Naomi is out of season 2 (as mentioned) because she wants to concentrate on her career.  I say good for her for getting a real career and not just expecting money from a reality show to last forever.

I can't keep Megan and Chloe straight.  They look the same to me.

• Love 3

I just chanced upon the premiere of Season two of this show when I was channel surfing. I don't know when it's on regular time. 

Naomi is gone but they have two new Mum's. Sassi who seems like a pain in the ass and is constantly bitching and picking fights with her baby daddy Darren. And Amber who dumped her baby daddy but he's involved with their son and wants her back. Why I don't know. 

Megan is still pregnant here but living apart from her baby daddy because...I think same old shit, he cheated. Mia and Chloe...same story basically, living with their baby daddy's but constantly fighting and stupid drama. 

• Love 2

I didn't notice it last season but omg the makeup they cake on to their faces. No 18 year old needs that much makeup. 

How do these mum's afford to live in their own homes?

Uh Megan , he will never be faithful no matter how many babies you push out. 

• Love 3

Yea, I watched the premier. It didn't look like anyone else did, so I didn't bother posting. But uh.....they're all pretty much exactly where they left off. It's so gross that Megan got pregnant again so quickly; now she and baby daddy aren't even living together. 

Manley and Mia give me a headache. I think she likely DOES go out a lot and shirk her duties, but I also think Manley LIKES to play the martyr. I've never been able to stand him. Have these two ever just sat down and had a conversation about what roles they'll take in the household and when? Sheesh. 

Chloe and her bf are still at home, immature and fighting about dumb stuff. 

The new girls don't seem to add much except more fighting. 

• Love 3

These girls make me tired. All they ever do is pick fights with their boyfriends and make everything about them. Sassi was just ridiculous with Dex or Spanky or Dishrag or whatever her stupid boyfriend is called. He went away with his friends for two lousy days and she acts like he stuck a knife in her chest. She picked a fight with him because he didn't read the front of his birthday card! Here's a tip, Miss Congeniality--if you want to surprise your boyfriend with a cake and balloons and cards, then do it. Do it for love, for fun, because you want to bring him happiness. Not for spite, not to make everything about you, not to shore up your sagging self esteem because he has friends and wants to spend time with them. Sweet tapdancing Jesus I wanted to throttle her.

The rest of these Nobelists are equally tiresome. Thick, every one of them. Dumb as planks. The boys too. Racing to the bottom, bickering all the way.

The babies are cute, though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I fell asleep during the premier. All I've got is, I realize now that Naomi was my favorite, and Ste came straight from the set of Trainspotting. 

He really did. I had the same thought! The accent is even very similar!

• Love 3

Ste! Oh my god. Maybe he has a great personality? A more unprepossessing looking fellow I'd be hard pressed to find. All these boys seem to be spotty, mumbly, unattractive little urchins. What do these girls see in them?

And what is up with--is it Megan? The one with the cheating boyfriend who's already about to drop another one? Why is she so anxious to be popping out all these babies before she's 20??

• Love 4
On 10/12/2017 at 10:09 AM, gunderda said:

I'm surprised this is back for a second season... MTV seemed to rush the first, I thought they were just trying to get it over and done with.

Amber is a little full of herself...... 

But everywhere she goes, people think she's a Kardashian!

• Love 3

I had this on after watching Teen Mom 2. It's really very boring and the girls and their dumb baby daddy's are uninteresting. All they do is fight, few seem to have a job or any goals. I call fake storyline on Sissi? Sassi? wanting to learn how to be a plasterer. 

And how in the hell does Megan's fiancée afford a BMW?  Girl is pregnant with baby number two and living with her parents but hey having an expensive car trumps diapers and other things the kids might need. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 1

Sassi wanting to be a plasterer is weird. It was either that, or a plastic surgeon? Wow, very different ends of the job spectrum. But she was all gung ho about it, then fought with Darren while doing it and decided being a mom was her place, then was back to her dream of being a plasterer. These chicks are so weird. But Darren scared me. He was SUPER nasty to her, and she was just trying to learn. 

I think Dylan just finances everything. He's so gross; I have no idea how he's finding all these chicks to cheat on Megan with. I'm glad her family wants nothing to do with them, but I do feel for those poor babies. 

I'm glad there was so little of Mia and Manley this week. I cannot STAND Manley. He's a gaslighter, if I ever saw one. 

Chloe and Jordan seem to be doing the best of anyone. They've saved a good amount. I bet they could get a decent house if Chloe cut down on the spending. There's no reason you need a monthly clothing budget. Hell, I couldn't tell you  the last time I bought clothing for myself. 

They seem to be focusing a lot on Amber and Ste. What dysfunction. Who goes to therapy to break up??? They're both so gamey. One minute he's still all in love with her, then suddenly he has a new GF. So now SHE has to rush out and get a new guy. And then Ste is back to being obsessed with her. Ugh. 

Very little of the babies on this show. 

• Love 4

CHLOE makes no sense. She's a pampered little brat. Jordan just goes along with her, because he doesn't want to listen to her whining AND always have to be the asshole who says "no". But damn, that girl is dense. Who gets a car without a license??? They actually have a decent deposit for a house, but she has caviar tastes on a saltine cracker budget. "I want a jacuzzi tub and a balcony and an en suite". Jorday at least knows that your firsts in life shouldn't be so fancy. The kid seems to have some sense. 

I think Darren and Sassi may have the worst relationship on the show. His OTT reaction to her complaints about him flirting on FB made him look super guilty to me. Then he storms off, leaves his kid, barely sees her, and then finally decides to come back....and Sassi just eats it up? She has her own issues, but this guy seems shady to me. He has a temper, then he comes back with flowers. His behavior just throws up some red flags for me. 

I think Ste is a decent enough guy, but super insecure and immature. He's way too hung up on Amber. But he does seem to want to more involved with his kid than most guys I've seen on this show. I liked their therapy session, but I'm worried that Amber's praise of Ste is going to make him think she still has feelings. 

Dylan remains a loser. He wants his pregnant baby mama to go to a rave? He's such a lech. I can see why Megan's parents hate him. I feel badly that Megan is put in the middle, but a decent dude wouldn't put you in that position in the first place. I can't believe she's having a SECOND kid with him. 

I'm glad Manley and Mia are getting along, but I still can't stomach Manley and his blank stare. 

• Love 7

Sassi and Darren are completely toxic and don't know how to have a relationship. She ramps it up to 110 in seconds, over tiny things. (he didn't read the front of the card? Jesus). It escalates to screaming and door slamming and "NEVER come back here again!", then she dissolves into floods of tears because she "loves" him and wants him to stay. Girl. Switch to decaf. He's no prize anyway, and he's just as bad as she is. He takes the bait every time. All of them are such teenagers, dialing the drama up to 11 and bursting into tears at the drop of a Gucci baseball cap. 

Chloe ought to go into sales, for real. She is forceful and knows how present herself with confidence and ask the right questions! "What do you like about it?" she says, after naming the benefits. It made me laugh. She's being wildly premature but she knows what she wants and damned if she doesn't get it. She could be quite successful in time. I can see her as a real estate lady or selling appliances to other young families. I'd like to check in with her in about 10 years. 

I kind of like Amber. She's finally moving on and understands that she and Ste need to work together. Ste needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Amber can recognize that he has good qualities without wanting to be with him romantically forever. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I kind of like Amber. She's finally moving on and understands that she and Ste need to work together. Ste needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Amber can recognize that he has good qualities without wanting to be with him romantically forever. 

I thought the same thing. She seems to want the best for her son and recognizes that she and Ste need to work together. If they can put BS aside about who he's dating and who she's dating and focus on parenting their son, they could make it work.  

I noticed this episode that Sassi never seems to close her mouth and her voice sounds like she's congested. Her and Darren are a hot mess.

How are Mia and Manley affording their flat? Do either of them work?

All the babies are super cute, but I have a soft spot for Marley (Chloe's baby) Those baby blues!

• Love 3

the music in this show reminds me of Ladies of London. Are we to assume that all Brits highly enjoy somewhat annoying, terribly happy pop music?

I love Amber's dad!  And, yeah, I'm sure that dealing with the terrible twos alone is no joke!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Dylan remains a loser. He wants his pregnant baby mama to go to a rave? He's such a lech. I can see why Megan's parents hate him. I feel badly that Megan is put in the middle, but a decent dude wouldn't put you in that position in the first place. I can't believe she's having a SECOND kid with him.

It's not so much that he wanted her to go... she told him that he was no longer allowed to go out without her. So he asked if she would go, she said yes, and then I totally missed what the mom said for megan to say she couldn't go anymore and turn the whole thing into how he just needs to be happy staying at home (alone, since he's not allowed at megan's house) 

12 minutes ago, gunderda said:

It's not so much that he wanted her to go... she told him that he was no longer allowed to go out without her. So he asked if she would go, she said yes, and then I totally missed what the mom said for megan to say she couldn't go anymore and turn the whole thing into how he just needs to be happy staying at home (alone, since he's not allowed at megan's house) 

Right, I get she was telling him he couldn't go out along any more. (Which, no. If your trust level for someone is that low, they need to go.) But why would his solution be - "Okay, you can come to the rave WITH me"???? She's about to pop any minute! That's simply not safe, or comfortable for her. He's a selfish arse. He wants to go live his carefree, teeenage life....then come around and play "daddy" when he feels like it. Even when they were living together he was going out all the time. It pisses me off when the moms have to radically change their lives, but the dudes act like it's business (or party) as usual. 

Megan is a moron for putting up with it, though. 

• Love 5

All of these girls are babies themselves. They want to play house. They have unrealistic expectations of their loser boyfriends. They all, except Amber, who seems to have at least a couple of operational brain cells, expect their mumbling, inarticulate, lazy, self centered boyfriends to turn into perfect partners, responsible fathers, and devoted swains (even though they never displayed any inclination to do any of these things, ever). They have an idea of what a relationship should be, but instead of trying to find a guy who might meet their expectations, they want to somehow remake the chumps they have into that beau ideal. Most teenage girls learn this eventually, but sadly, these dips have already put kids into the mix.

• Love 6

Megan is the kind of person on government assistance that I really cannot stand. She INTENTIONALLY had another baby with this douche. After he cheated on her. Her parents hate him so much that he's not allowed in her mom's house. So she goes and applies for council housing. I thought this dude worked three jobs??? He can buy luxury cars, but can't rent a flat for his baby mama and two kids? She has to get assistance to pay for her house, but can go and splurge on family photos? We haven't had family photos done in 5 years, when we intended to do them every 3, because we PRIORITIZE our fucking money. Oooooh, this chick gets me hot. 

And I never want to hear another complaint out of Amber's mouth about Ste still being into her. She flirts with him constantly. She spends his birthday with him. And she's riding around on his back in the pool! That's now how I behave with MY male friends. I am now beginning to think she only dated that other dude to fuck with him. Game players, they both are. 

Sassi and Darren are too dysfunctional for words. Sassi, in particular, is a cluster fuck of a person. One minute she is whining about missing her baby, next she's whining about not wanting to be "average" and have some amazing career. Plasterer? PLASTERER? That's your important career that you leave your baby at home for? Hell, why can't she go to school? Find something you're really passionate about. I think her whole agenda was just to show Darren that she can do the kind of stuff he does. I think she came home late, without calling, to teach him some kind of lesson. She's totally passive aggressive. And he's just aggressive. A real temper on that one. 

Chloe continues to be a spoiled brat. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I moved out at 19, it was into a $350/month apartment in a baaaaad neighborhood. My then-fiance and I slept on a mattress on the floor and ate in lawn chairs. But she thinks you go from mama's house to a brand-spanking-new house. Sigh.....

I'll never understand what any girl sees in that anorexic cave-man, Manley. Mia, you dodged a bullet, quit trying to point the gun at yourself. 

• Love 6

@ghoulina I love you, you pretty much said everything I was thinking!

Not sure how it works in England, but Megan said she applied for a mother and baby unit. Now does that mean it's just going to be for her and her child? Because now she has two. And does that mean that Dylan can't live there? We can't afford anything but let's spend money on a photoshoot! It was the same thing with the horse last season. And I got the feeling she isn't done having kids. When her and her mother were talking about and her mother shook her hand and said "now you're done having kids" or something like that, Megan had a smirk on her face and didn't say anything. She's the type that will pop out another to try and keep Dylan.

• Love 5

Yes! Her mother tried to shake on it and when Megan realized what they were shaking about, she pulled back her hand. I think she truly believes that if she has seventy five babies with this dude she can finally pin him down. Won't. Happen. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Chloe continues to be a spoiled brat. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I moved out at 19, it was into a $350/month apartment in a baaaaad neighborhood. My then-fiance and I slept on a mattress on the floor and ate in lawn chairs. But she thinks you go from mama's house to a brand-spanking-new house. Sigh.....

But Chloe has Teen Mum money. I actually have a sneaking admiration for her. She knows enough to take this windfall and get something solid, that will be an asset for her and her family. Teen Mum won't last forever, but she'll have a home for her kids. She's the sharp one in that pair. Her boyfriend is a zero but I think she's pretty smart, and she has ambition. She knows what she wants, but she doesn't just whinge about it, she goes and gets it. The "you're approved for a mortgage" story is probably contrived for the show, she probably paid cash for that house. At 18 I would have frittered it away on clothes and parties and taxis and facials.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But Chloe has Teen Mum money. I actually have a sneaking admiration for her. She knows enough to take this windfall and get something solid, that will be an asset for her and her family. Teen Mum won't last forever, but she'll have a home for her kids. She's the sharp one in that pair. Her boyfriend is a zero but I think she's pretty smart, and she has ambition. She knows what she wants, but she doesn't just whinge about it, she goes and gets it. The "you're approved for a mortgage" story is probably contrived for the show, she probably paid cash for that house. At 18 I would have frittered it away on clothes and parties and taxis and facials.

Fair point. I didn't think of that. I don't know how much they make; I don't think their American counterparts made that much in the earlier seasons, but who knows? I will disagree that she doesn't whinge about it. That's basically ALL she does. I don't see Jordan as a "zero", just more cautious than her. He would rather get an older, cheaper house. He doesn't see the sense in buying a new car when you haven't even a license. But Chloe whinges and nags until he gives in. 

• Love 4

OK, fair. But she whinges AND takes action. Sure they could have bought a fixer. But if they can afford a new house which won't require a lot of work, why not? They may never have a chance like this again! She made me laugh last week when they were sitting in the car and she calmly named benefits and said "what do you like about it?". That is a natural salesperson speaking. Jordan seems fairly dim but I could be judging him too harshly. Among this crop of boyfriends he measures up pretty favorably. He's not a jerk and he's not as mumbly as most of them. I bet Chloe outgrows him within five years.

• Love 2

I've been watching this series from the beginning but I'm a little sad that it doesn't look like too many others are. 

I actually think watching these mothers is like a breath of fresh air compared to the American ones, well with the exception of Sassi. I really wish they had not added her. I  enjoy the others because at least they are not in screaming matches every other scene and their babies look to be taken care of. 

I didn't think about the whole Megan thing and her getting housing. I guess I didn't think much of it at first because I'm not British so I didn't really care. lol But after the points made here about it, I see how shitty it is that she's doing that.  She's taking housing away from a mother that really needs it and is probably actually homeless in the true essence of the word. I just hope they have some screening process to where they get you housing in the order of need. Like say they made Megan wait because she did have a home with her mother but they would get a true homeless mother a house faster. But that's just my hopeful thinking at work. It sounds more like a first come, first served scenario which makes what Megan's doing that much worse. 

Anyway, I tend to agree with what everyone has already said about these girls. I will say I have a soft spot in my heart for Mia and Megan for some reason. I feel like Mia is always so cheerful and positive despite everything that happens, and I think Manley doesn't deserve her at all. I hope she realizes she deserves better than what she is getting with Manley and finds someone else. 

And Megan, I have no idea why I have a soft spot in my heart for her. I just like her for some inexplicable reason. Of course, now that I'm thinking about the housing thing, it does make me see her in a new light.

Chloe and Amber don't bug me but I'm not particularly fond of them either. Not yet anyway. I do enjoy watching their story. I thought I was going to hate Amber because she came off so conceited at first but she seems like a fairly nice, level headed person. I agree that she's playing games with Ste. I don't know if she realizes that though. 

Chloe's boyfriend doesn't look like he's hit puberty yet! lol I mean obviously he has but he just looks so young like he probably can't even grow facial hair yet. Such babies! 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Anyway, I tend to agree with what everyone has already said about these girls. I will say I have a soft spot in my heart for Mia and Megan for some reason. I feel like Mia is always so cheerful and positive despite everything that happens, and I think Manley doesn't deserve her at all. I hope she realizes she deserves better than what she is getting with Manley and finds someone else

I agree about Mia. I think she seems like a nice enough girl. She's trying. Manley is an ass. He constantly criticizes her or just ignores her. He's totally the gaslighting type. He likes to come off as this amazing father, but what does he do that's so great? He's just a normal dad, if you ask me. 

• Love 3

Manley is a douche. His mother is adorable, though. I'd like to hang out with her. She wants everyone to get along. My only beef with Mia is her jealousy of Manley's other baby mama. They are fated to become best friends when he moves on to yet another young, snowable girl. They'll be taking their kids to the playground and going out for coffee together.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Manley is a douche. His mother is adorable, though. I'd like to hang out with her. She wants everyone to get along. My only beef with Mia is her jealousy of Manley's other baby mama. They are fated to become best friends when he moves on to yet another young, snowable girl. They'll be taking their kids to the playground and going out for coffee together.

I think Manley has encourage that jealousy. Dude is so shady. I think he intentionally does stuff to make Mia jealous and foster an air of competition between the girls. I'm all for everyone getting along, but these people don't know how to establish proper boundaries. 

• Love 3

I binged the first season last weekend and have caught up on the second this week. I love (read: hate) this show! But I feel like it should be titled, "Teen Mum: Unsolved Mysteries."

Here are mine:

1.) Do Megan and/or Dylan belong to the Travelers? Because, I don't know, what teenager's dream involved living in a caravan in a caravan park? What exactly does Dylan do to afford a BMW? The inside of his home looks like a crack house. How does Chloe get council housing when MTV is presumably paying her a salary that would negate her impoverished status? 

2.) Does Mia have a job? It appears she also lives in council housing but seems to have an infinite supply of cash for skydiving, helium balloons, and the world's worse false eyelashes. How exactly does Manley pick up women when it doesn't seem like he can look any of them in the eye? Is his only job sitting on the sofa waiting for his sister to come speak to him? He seems really mentally deficient. 

3.) Why did Chloe make a big deal of finding a trainer to lose her baby weight when five minutes later she "goes on a break" from her regiment and seems to have gained even more weight? What's her job? Who's advising her at the local Sephora that that orange foundation is a perfect match for her non-orange skin? Why did she put up with a boyfriend who couldn't even splurge for a 45 cent card on Valentine's Day? Frankly, why are any of these girls pining for any of these losers? 

4.) Ugh. Amber. Why, at age, what? 20? Is she whining she'll never find a boyfriend? Set some better priorities! Ste is another Manley -- an unattractive troglodyte with some sort of superpower over women. 

5.) As for Sassi, she's loony tunes but at least she's trying to find a career. But...how did she ever settle on plastering? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it seems like a completely random pick. I give her and the boyfriend another month together and that's over. 

My all time favorite WTF moment though was Megan and that horrifying "sexy" dress she chose to wear for her birthday party. DEAR. GOD. I'm all for "body positivity" but THERE ARE LIMITS. That dress was an all-time embarrassment. One can feel "sexy" while dressing to flatter one's body instead of exposing all its obvious flaws. 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

. How exactly does Manley pick up women when it doesn't seem like he can look any of them in the eye? Is his only job sitting on the sofa waiting for his sister to come speak to him? He seems really mentally deficient. 

Manley having impregnated two fairly pretty young women will be on par with the "How did Jerry/Gary/Larry land Gayle on Parks and Rec" mystery for as long as I live. 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Ste is another Manley -- an unattractive troglodyte with some sort of superpower over women. 

If Ste would fix his teeth, I think he'd be alright to look at. Manley is like a gremlin. Plus, Ste has issues, but he at least seems to be able to form a complete sentence. I'd pick him over Manley any day. 

• Love 3

I have to give props to Chloe and Jordan for actually making an adult decision and buy a house, although I think their relationship is doomed, at least one of them has a place to live. Good use of TM money, if that's what they used for their reserve/downpayment. 

I'm a little confused about Megan and the apartment. I take it this is subsidized housing, correct? So does that mean Dylan can't live there, because his income would disqualify them? If anyone believes that Dyylan won't be living there despite the rules, they are deluded. 

Manley loves having 2 baby mamas to fight over him. 

Ste needs to get over it. Amber isn't into him at all, but she will throw him a bone by spending time with him. As soon as someone better comes along, Ste will be history. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Ste needs to get over it. Amber isn't into him at all, but she will throw him a bone by spending time with him. As soon as someone better comes along, Ste will be history. 

I don't know about you, but I've never hung onto a dude's back in the pool and rode around on him if I wasn't into him. Amber SAYS she wants to move on and it's all Ste that still has feelings....but she flirted with him a LOT in this episode and was especially touchy feely in the pool. I definitely think she's sending him mixed signals. 

• Love 3

She needed some positive reinforcement after the thing with Alex went south. Ste isn't much but he is devoted to her. That can be a real boost when you're feeling low. She's wrong to do it, but I get it. 

Sassi's wanting a trade is commendable, and good for her for finding a job with a woman owned company. I hope she can hang in there. I think its great that she took it on. Its one thing I like about her. If there's a lot of construction in her area she'll always work. 

• Love 3

I do think a trade is a much more reasonable way of supporting yourself than the half-cocked ideas these idiots come up with (Tierra Reign????). But I did roll my eyes when Sassi would get all dramatic about needing to find a career where she isn't "average".....and then she goes and plasters walls all day. 

• Love 3