Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Joy Gets Engaged

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

This episode confirmed my suspicions that Jessa's house is filthy. I had two little boys and never had snot, etc on the couch. Every time you turn around there is a post from the Duggar TTH in which Jessa IS THERE. That girl has never separated herself from her parents, their lives and their house. No wonder her house is filthy, she's never there to clean it...and with 2 babies, she CAN find the time to clean up a small house like that while they're napping. They both should be still be taking 2 naps a day...Henry, sleeping more hours than Spurge at this point.  No reason for snot on the sofa. Disgusting.

It really is gross. My sister had both her kids back to back and her house was never filthy. There was the usual kid clutter, but snot and spit up on the sofa? Um, no. The Duggars are just nasty people.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

This episode confirmed my suspicions that Jessa's house is filthy. I had two little boys and never had snot, etc on the couch. Every time you turn around there is a post from the Duggar TTH in which Jessa IS THERE. That girl has never separated herself from her parents, their lives and their house. No wonder her house is filthy, she's never there to clean it...and with 2 babies, she CAN find the time to clean up a small house like that while they're napping. They both should be still be taking 2 naps a day...Henry, sleeping more hours than Spurge at this point.  No reason for snot on the sofa. Disgusting.

Haha. Silly, the blame is on the unmarried girls. Jana and the lost girls need to pick it up. Look at the child army Jill had to clean her house and pack for her family of 3. Jana had to provide homecare for the parents (including Bin) to sleep when Spurgeon was born. How can you blame Jessa for heading over for some free childcare and prepared meals while the house is being cleaned by her siblings. It's almost like you equate married people with unmarried people, duh. 

• Love 1
On 7/10/2017 at 9:10 PM, mythoughtis said:

Two answers to viewers questions : 

1. Jinger absolutely goes  on errands alone. 2. She's still close with Jessa. 

Cathy really has aged in the past couple years after she got sick. 

According to Derick, they didn't plan the 'EL' name theme. However, I think they've chosen names related to Israel in some way. 

Like El Al?  

• Love 3

I'm trying to think back to the days of my toddlers,but it's 25 years at best, so I can't swear to anything. I won't go so far as to say that with three kids under six the house was anything approaching immaculate, and I'm sure that if someone went through it with a black light they could find traces of various snot and/or spitup type fluids here and there. But I'm pretty sure it was never something which approached the "business as usual" sort of status around the house. I'd either clean or camouflage it the best I could. Still there were probably as many moments in the major scheme of things that there was something there that needed  deeper scrubbing than otherwise...and I'm not sure I'd think the worse of anyone else with that same level of housekeeping.

• Love 2

I haven't watched the Duggars from the beginning so I don't know how the girls learned to clean. Did each child get assigned a chore? If so, they may not know how to clean an entire house or even a room.

(edited)

Jessa had to clean the boy's bathroom when she was like 11. Clean it yourself, Smuggar and JD! 

Point being, they had "jurisdictions" from a very early age, including cleaning their own parents' room! Again, clean it yourself, MEchelle! Don't make your 9 year old daughter clean your skanky sheets! 

eta: Now that girls are cycling through again, Hannie is plenty old enough to clean the boys' bathroom(s), even though there are 9 teens and young men at home older than her, and Jenni is old enough to change the sheets in the Master. Jordyn can do laundry, while Josie collects it, licking all the way. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
On 7/14/2017 at 7:37 PM, floridamom said:

Obviously Jessa's house has NOT been cleaned by the little girls; as stated, it's a mess and has snot on the sofa, etc.

Maybe that's how the little girls clean. .... If I were one of their little girls, that's how I'd clean. 

• Love 9

For the life of me, I never understood why ANY of the children should have had to clean their parents' bedroom and bathroom. Sorry, but I think there should be SOME MODESTY boundaries about that, especially since their parents were so 'joyfully available' to each other....and obviously for so many years. (Pass the brain bleach, please).

Michelle really did nothing and still doesn't do anything today. I'm sorry for Johanna as I believe she has to take up most of the slack for the younger girls as Josie will never really be counted as any kind of housemaid...she's the 'baby', you know.

• Love 11

Jessa seems to be having trouble in the "home making" department. 

She can't cook (by her own admission) and we clearly saw her house is dirty.  Snot and puke on the sofa is pretty vile and dirty. 

I have a large family and many days, I swear, my house looks like we have been robbed by a large band of thieves.   But under the laundry, toys, books, mail, coats and crayons, the floors are clean, counters wiped, the sofa is snot and puke free and the bathrooms are clean. 

There is a big difference between 8 piles of laundry to be put away and actual dirt.  Jessa has no clue about this at all.  And she says it on TV????????????????

• Love 12

This has always bothered me.  That they claim that the "chores" the children are/have been assigned has to do with age and (although not specifically state, but certainly implied) sex.  But the girls do not seem to know how to clean house, do laundry, cook a good meal.  If they had all of these "jurisdictions" as they grew up, adding more responsibilities and higher expectations, then each girl should be a wiz at being a stay at home mom - including being organized, neat, and clean.  These married daughters don't seem to know how to do any of the jobs required.  Especially Jill and Jessa, they both seem so messy, dirty, and woefully inadequate for keeping house.  

Jessa's house was disgusting!!  Her excuse that she has two children is so bogus!  i have friends who have two, three, and even four children under the age of seven plus hold down a full time job and their homes are usually neat, tidy and clean - sparkling, magazine perfect?  No, but also not disgustingly filthy where you are afraid to sit down.  It doesn't take much to sweep, dust, do dishes and clean a kitchen as your toddler and infant take a one or two hour nap. It seems that Jessa does not take pride in her home nor feels satisfaction in keeping it clean and neat.   I am not the best cook or best at keeping my house super clean, but I do find satisfaction in a job well done, whatever that job might be.  Maybe that's what missing in Jessa (and Jill too! Actually, in the majority of the family members).  No pride, work ethic, or satisfaction in completing a task or job.

• Love 15

pinguina: Maybe Jessa's house isn't clean because she's never THERE to actually clean it. She seems to always be at her parents' house hanging around. She really needs to SEPARATE her life from her parents' life and STAY AT HOME tending to HER family and their needs. Nothing wrong with visiting from time to time, but like everything else they do and don't do, they seem to OVERDO everything. She's still playing house. She's not grown up in the least if  you ask me. Still dependent on her father and family for most things.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Her parents house is where all the free babysitting is located. Even the Mkids seem to spend more time there than they do with J&A.

TTH is like a huge day care center where the kids run free. And the adults don't seem to care. 

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

TTH is like a huge day care center where the kids run free. And the adults don't seem to care. 

And if they lived in a state with health codes, the health inspectors would close it down for health code violations.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jessa seems to be having trouble in the "home making" department. 

She can't cook (by her own admission) and we clearly saw her house is dirty.  Snot and puke on the sofa is pretty vile and dirty. 

I have a large family and many days, I swear, my house looks like we have been robbed by a large band of thieves.   But under the laundry, toys, books, mail, coats and crayons, the floors are clean, counters wiped, the sofa is snot and puke free and the bathrooms are clean. 

There is a big difference between 8 piles of laundry to be put away and actual dirt.  Jessa has no clue about this at all.  And she says it on TV????????????????

As a coworker of mine once sagely said, 'there's a difference between messy and nasty, and you can tell with the naked eye'.  Sounds like your home is the former.  Jessa has the latter.

• Love 7

Wow- so joy driving all by herself to Austin's house! I couldn't believe it. 

And a Mercedes, blurred out. Was that for not-advertising purposes, or they want to blur it so we can't tell they're rich folks with planes and fancy cars and big houses who don't need our donations after all?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, awaken said:

Wow- so joy driving all by herself to Austin's house! I couldn't believe it. 

And a Mercedes, blurred out. Was that for not-advertising purposes, or they want to blur it so we can't tell they're rich folks with planes and fancy cars and big houses who don't need our donations after all?  

Even Israel's car has had the brand blurred out.

• Love 3

I think it is clear that Derick and Cathy's husband do not have a relationship beyond being (barely) tolerant of each other.  The handshake between them when Cathy and Mr. Bynum arrived at Jill and Derick's house was an awkward afterthought, a show for the cameras. 

• Love 4

Well, to be fair, Derek was already in college when his father passed away, and then Derek went off to mission. Maybe he didn't have a lot of time to really bond with him. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, zenme said:

Well, to be fair, Derek was already in college when his father passed away, and then Derek went off to mission. Maybe he didn't have a lot of time to really bond with him. 

Yeah. It's not as if he spent time parenting Derek. He may have opinions regarding the Duggar circus but keeps his mouth shut out of love for his wife. 

• Love 3