Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I too want Jinger to run (in those track pants) to a big city, a really big city, and live there forever in happiness.  My mom used to try to interpret what I was saying ("she really only wants to be a part of the school club because her cousin is") and I hated it!  Be your own person Jinger!  Run Jinger run!

• Love 2

Oh yeah those are track pants for sure!  Jessa has big feet!  LOL  Love the texting and someone (?) is hiding their face from the camera....what a way to live...sad really.  

I never understood the "Free Jinger" nonsense, because besides her eye-rolling what exactly makes her a spunky, independent free spirit? To me she's as much of a Kool-Aid drinker as the rest of them. Unlike Jill, she's done nothing to take classes or enter into any kind of career field, so maybe she's more content with her life than we assume.

Yeah, the eyerolling to me has always been in a "we're sooooo cool, and y'all are sooooo lame" not "OMG HELP ME GET OUT. Jinger eats up the whole "I'm a special snowflake Duggar" like its her job - wait, it is.

In case you hadn't seen it... Jinger in track pants.

http://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/383558.page

If those are pants, guaranteed there is a skirt over them that we can't see. No way would Jessa let Jinger wear a skirt if she can't wear one.

• Love 1

Jinger will NEVER be free. Unfortunately, we, the viewers, the ONES who post 'FREE JINGER!' might be somewhat to blame. WHY? Because, despite ALL of Michelle/Jimbob's saying/preaching that they, their children 'DO NOT GO ON INTERNET SITES' other then those few for educational purposes(meaning, those of their religion ONLY)... THEY, or someone they KNOW.. MUST be searching the internet, the news,(tv, radio..) for negative items about them (i.e. 'things that will sway their children away from their (cult like) religion')...

Now, I am not saying in ANYWAY that it Is our faults.. but that Michelle, JimBob, and the head of that religion-Bill Gothard..(BG not actually leader anymore-he had to step down this year after a LARGE # of women accused him of a number of things. . See site -  http://powderroom.jezebel.com/how-are-the-duggars-dealing-with-the-gothard-sex-scanda-1581883720  Article paints BG as a slime and basically says that if anything happens to a woman in their religion, it is THEIR FAULT..they tempted the male..  disgusting!)

Anyhoo.. despite the above happening.. their faith has not shaken.. (mine would! Certainly, I would not be giving $$ over, I would be researching, questioning..) Anyway.. I believe despite the parents' ignorance, lack of intelligence or should I say, BECAUSE OF IT.. They blame us, the outside world and possibly think (?) we are out to corrupt Jinger. I believe Jinger was probably PUNISHED-big time- for saying she wanted to go off and live in a big city-because despite Michelle/JimBob PREACHING to the Viewers-THAT THEIR CHILDREN -had the right to CHOOSE -(in earlier episodes) what they wanted to do with their lives, whether they wanted to wait to kiss before marriage,etc. - we have seen it was ALL LIES... Jinger, by innocently saying, by my standards, that she wanted to live in a big city, was breaking some religious code.. Because their religion-women are a very distant 2nd to men.. and women are supposed to learn to cook, clean and take care of the kids.. (look at Jimbob's mother!  She is not treated with 'high esteem'. A few years ago, I was interested in 'all this property ' JB was talking about, so I went online to the county they lived in (and surrounding ones) and found only a few in JB's names, MORE in his MOTHER'S name!-Including, at the time-where Anna/Josh were living!! Almost like he 'took over' his parents properties, even though his mother is still alive!)

So, we are not going to see JINGER working at that coffee house any more.. we do not see her doing her photography.. and I doubt JB is going to let her have a career-unless she says something along the way of a Midwife.. BUT.. since every care.. err, JOB anyone of the sisters have had has another sister paired up (midwife, duula (sp?) coffee shop).. unless Jana and Jinger team up.. I doubt we are going to see EITHER leaving the house-unless they start working in the Used car lot

I've always thought Jana was just a gorgeous girl. Really beautiful, I expected she would marry right after Josh. I couldn't believe it was Jill! She looks so sad sometimes, I hope she's ok?

I've always thought this way about Jana too. She looked so sad last night when she was once again ordered to be chaperone for Benessa and help with the littles on their outing. Wish she would escape somehow.

• Love 1

Hopefully Jana wasn't doing much chaperoning on last night's episode, maybe she got to relax for an hour or so with her smart phone while Ben and Jessa played with the 5 youngest kids. Have to wonder why Jackson, at 10, is always included with the little girls in all of these outings and yet no other Duggar boy is. I can see Ben and Jessa maybe having 5 kids total , but not more than that and hopefully more spread out. It looks like Ben's parents were 19 and 20 when they married and ended up with only 7 kids..I'm sure they never used birth control either.

I also think Joy Anna isn't a huge fan of Jill as well.

Oh, I think Joy Anna is very attached to Jill. Jill was her "Buddy/Sister Mom," and Joy was the one who lost it in the bridal salon reading their messages to Jill. And unlike Mullet, who dabbed her crocodile-tears-for-show, Joy Anna actually got choked up and bawled.  Jill needs to make sure she has a room in that McMansion for both Joy and Jenny. They want their real mom, not that crispy haired moron who birthed them and handed them off. 

Jinger! PANTS! Looks GOOD!

One thing I noticed lately, is that Jinger, for all her spunk, is starting to SOUND like her birth mother. When Jill's wedding dress was delivered, Jinger was next to Jill as they lifted it out of the box and Jinger exclaimed, "Oh, Jiiiilllll...." and the way she strung the words out, sounded just like Michelle. It was a little creepy. 

• Love 1

I watched the episode last night where the girls went shopping for Bridesmaids dresses and shoes and spent some time at the salon for trying out hairstyles. Janna just seemed to be going with the flow and looked so sad at times. I thought I heard one of the stylist said something about when she was getting married. She just kind of smiled and said something.

Jill kind of assumed that she would take on the task of redoing all the dresses. Jana said that there are other girls who know how to sew and she said I am not sure why they were not asked to work on the dresses too. She is so soft spoken and maybe a bit shy. I hope she can find her way and be the person she wants to be.  

I get the vibe that Joy and Jill have a complicated relationship.  Joy loves her, clearly, but at the same time she seems to get on her nerves a fair bit.  But isn't that how most tweens and teens feel about their mothers?

Whoa, pants! Shouldn't all the guys in that room be staring at their feet right about now?!

I wonder if Grandma Duggar was just behind on the wash that day and all her denim skirts were in the wash.

• Love 1

Sometimes I wonder if the reason Jessa seems to be doing less is that she put her foot down and said "These aren't my kids. This isn't my house. I'll stay until I get married for the show for a portion of the proceeds."  Jim Bob and Michelle felt they had no choice to go along, because the girls getting married is a cash cow right now.  It would be nice if Jana and Jinger did the same.  

They aren't her kids. It isn't her house. She should be getting a portion of the money from the show as she is an adult.  

I feel for her, because I know lots of fundies and moving out would mean pretty much saying goodbye to your family completely.

It could be. I've known families where the deal was, look, I won't do anything publicly against you, you don't make a big deal at church about me and that's how the family functions a child who moves on. A similar type arrangement could be made here, ironically with the show standing in for church.

I actually think that in a lot of ways Jessa thinks her parents are too liberal and have sold out. She might be the one to someday take them to task for not being spiritual enough, but trying to please people in order to keep the show going at the expense of their beliefs. It will be interesting to see if Jessa likes the sides of her future father-in-law sticking up for her on his website or if she finds that thing interfering and more men trying to tell her what to do, even if they agree with her.

• Love 1

I know there was mention awhile back about Jana & Josh's friend Skyler would make a good couple. Especially since she was visiting /helping out the Smuggars a lot in DC. Did he already have a girlfriend? I realize we have no say in this matter but it's fun to speculate. And I'm really hoping she & Frank do have something going on even if it's just catching each other's eyes & a smile from across a room. That's probably the only secret thing they could get away with in this goofy family.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/178161/why_is_jana_duggar_single

Another article about Jana.  It seems like everyone is picking up on Jana still being single.  I wonder if all of this media coverage will result in Jim Bob rushing to find someone for her so that people will stop speculating that she is being forced to remain single and take care of her younger siblings.

It slightly alarms me that Jim Bob, in his haste to shut down the internet critics, might just marry her off to literally the first guy he comes across, who could very well turn out to be a not-very-nice person.

• Love 3

It slightly alarms me that Jim Bob, in his haste to shut down the internet critics, might just marry her off to literally the first guy he comes across, who could very well turn out to be a not-very-nice person.

And the fact that she was one of the first to be blanket trained, makes it even harder for her to step up and say no.  

• Love 1

Hmmm someone at Radar on Line likes to read this forum.

Radar Online steals things verbatim from my tumblr entries regarding the Duggar family constantly.  (Never a single credit or link back, of course.)  Pretty much all of their Duggar stuff seems to come from copy and pasting internet discourse and claiming it as their own work. 

That said, it would be pretty awesome if Jana made a break for it.  Her life just seems so damn empty.

• Love 2

"I'm Sadie, Sadie married lady..."

Where has that phrase been all my life?

It has been in the ears of Barbra fans everywhere-- it's from "Funny Girl."

To be on topic, I agree that Jana does not look happy very often.  But like others have said, maybe it's just she's not interested in the guys that she's met or in marriage in general. I hope it is because SHE hasn't found someone she likes, not because JB hasn't found someone HE likes...

• Love 2

But if they read these boards they would know she isn't really interested in midwifery much, that she doesn't have a particularly close relationship with her twin, and that people have speculated about depression and perhaps sexual abuse by Bill Gothard.

Let's face it - we are not flighty boards!

I sometimes think Jill and Jessa have problems with each other. They both seem like take charge girls which may lead to friction. Jana seems like a more quiet behind the scenes worker.

MEchelle has written off her siblings. She never ever mentions them. I can see further down the road when the girls have their own families that they will have little contact with each other due to being busy or just not liking each other enough to continue their relationship.

Has anyone else noticed that Jill never invites MEchelle over to her house? You see pictures of her brother and sisters but never her mother.

and that people have speculated about depression and perhaps sexual abuse by Bill Gothard.

Let's face it - we are not flighty boards!

Oh dear God. Is that man really there at those Journey of the Heart camps still? Or, do people think this happened years ago? If Jana told her parents, would they keep this confidential in the sense of being kept from/not affecting any courtships? I guess no one here knows for certain. Maybe nothing happened, but now I feel worried. I hope she's just quiet and a reserved person.

I think if Jana was abused by gothard or anyone else, her parents who blame her and tell her to be happy and throw it under the rug. I hope she wasn't abused by gothard. That would be so horrible. It's bad enough she was JB and Michelle as parents.

I watched the episode last night where the girls went shopping for Bridesmaids dresses and shoes and spent some time at the salon for trying out hairstyles. Janna just seemed to be going with the flow and looked so sad at times. I thought I heard one of the stylist said something about when she was getting married. She just kind of smiled and said something.

Jill kind of assumed that she would take on the task of redoing all the dresses. Jana said that there are other girls who know how to sew and she said I am not sure why they were not asked to work on the dresses too. She is so soft spoken and maybe a bit shy. I hope she can find her way and be the person she wants to be.  

I agree. I feel like she's getting totally steamrolled by the family, but I really like her. I hope she can find her own way.

Then again I'm also one who never understood why Jessa was "the pretty one."  I don't think any of these kids are particularly bad looking (for the most part) but I've always thought Jana was gorgeous.

ETA: oh oops I was behind, sorry!  I really hope nothing worse has happened to her than being taken for granted.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 4

It is such a shame that this pretty 24-year-old woman is not permitted to have a life. She has been brought up to believe that her father has the say so about who she may court and eventually marry. Until Mr. Right comes long, she's stuck on the compound or as an extra pair of hands for Anna in DC. And because she's so valuable as a household slave, there is conveniently still no one who meets Jim Boob's exacting standards as a potential mate for her. (Bin passed muster only because lazy ass Jessa is expendable.) I think poor Jana's future is bleak.

Edited by Hpmec

And because she's so valuable as a household slave, there is conveniently still no one who meets Jim Boob's exacting standards as a potential mate for her. (Bin passed muster only because lazy ass Jessa is expendable.) I think poor Jana's future is bleak.

Sadly, I agree. It seems unlikely that a woman as attractive as Jana hasn't drawn interest from decent men. Erin and Alyssa Bates are cute girls who managed to snag guys from respected families, so what gives? 

If Jana wanted and or needed help altering those awful dresses, why didn't she say so and ask for help herself? That's not refusing to do the job, is it? No. Also, since those Duggar girls are supposed to have such a servant's heart, why didn't any of them OFFER Jana any help in the first place? No one stepped up to the plate to help their sister. I see how the dynamics really work there, don't you? All but Jana are really self centered holier than thou people. Also, why didn't Mama Michelle step in and tell her "girls" to help Jana out? I know she's Queen Lazy at that house, so she's accustomed  to delegating work to everyone else but herself. Jana can't be that timid and whipped that she couldn't have asked for some assistance, couldn't she have?

Someone on another blog was questioning why Boob matched Jill with Derick instead of Jana. Even tho they have the missionary thing in common, Derick seems more on the quiet side, like Jana, thinking before speaking & Jill is very outgoing, constantly talking over whoever she is speaking with. Granted opposites attract but it can work the other way with similarities. What do you all think?

For all we know, he approached Jana first. If it's about keeping the girls around as slaves, Jill is as big a hole as Jana. Or Jana has told him what she's looking for and that person has come around yet. With courtship references, we really have no idea.

I enjoy reading the comments after these articles more than the original article. One person gushed how the Duggars are a "more smarter" & morally better family than the average American family. OMG ! I don't think that person sees the same episodes we do. I guess they're busy picking out registry gifts instead.
  • Love 2

I had a horrible thought: what if Jana was sexually assaulted at some point? Then she'd no longer be "pure" and could no longer be matched up with a devout Fundy boy. They'd think Jana was to blame because women tempt men and are easily led astray by Satan.

• Love 3

Wow...that is a pretty scary thought...They would never be able to admit to what had happened for a whole variety of reasons, and poor Jana would bear the brunt of it on all sorts of levels.

Hopefully this is not the case. I'd hate to think there was anything to this speculation.

• Love 1

I enjoy reading the comments after these articles more than the original article. One person gushed how the Duggars are a "more smarter" & morally better family than the average American family. OMG ! I don't think that person sees the same episodes we do. I guess they're busy picking out registry gifts instead.

that article is total BS. #1 they don't date.

• Love 2