Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

also do think that Michelle persuaded Jana from not marrying before her younger sisters.  With Jana married and gone, Michelle would actually have to parent her brood.  I don't think Michelle forbade Jana from marrying.  Michelle would never do that, she would make comment after comment designed to guilt Jana into turning down a proposal for the good of the family.  

That’ll be very on brand for Michelle.

In other words, he had a crush on her for quite a while and finally worked up the nerve to start some conversations

In other words, he worked at the balls to date Jim Bob. 

Boy of boy, if there's ever a time to be picky, it should be when choosing your lifelong partner!  Good on Jana if her pickiness has delayed marriage.

I agree, but she still naïve. You could date someone for years and still have a good marriage.  Remember, she doesn’t even have a middle schooler’s dating experience.  The honeymoon always ends, reality always in truth, and he will always have an ungodly fart in front of her, someday.  It’ll be interesting to see how she deals with that. Remember how Jill turned out. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I have a really hard time reading Jana--I think she's a bit of a blank slate, to be perfectly honest--but I've always thought she was an introvert. As a fellow introvert, I've often thought a lot of her seeming to do more than her share of the work was not necessarily out of duty or industriousness so much as an excuse to get away from the others and recharge in a socially acceptable way.

I always become tremendously motivated to help people when I am at social events, not because I actually am that helpful, but because it's an excuse to get away from the larger group without seeming like an asshole. 

That of course doesn't rule out her being shy or not shy since it's a separate issue. I'm introverted but not shy myself. 

Yeah, I agree. 

I do think that, whatever Jana is like and whatever she believes and thinks, the one thing we know is that, unlike some but not all her siblings, she just doesn't want to reveal much of herself to the world at large via tv or social media. 

And I don't think that choice means anything about what kind of person she is, even whether she's shy or introverted. It's a choice anybody could make, for many different reasons. 

But it definitely does make her nearly impossible for the public to read. 

Honestly, I think it's a smart choice, especially when you aren't one of the people who chose to make yourself famous. But beyond being a person who's made one smart choice, for all we know she could be literally any type of person. She's keeping it to herself.

And if we were talking about a fictional story, we'd have a right to feel pissed that we can't figure out this character at all. And it does feel annoying to have any of them be opaque when we apparently hear and see so much about the family. But since JB and M gave us a window into a whole lot of people's lives without asking their permission, they all certainly have a right to be as opaque as they want, without an audience interpreting the opacity as a sign of good character or bad character or this or that psychology or anything else! She doesn't want us to know. And we don't. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
(edited)
53 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Boy of boy, if there's ever a time to be picky, it should be when choosing your lifelong partner!  Good on Jana if her pickiness has delayed marriage.

That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the context. Jana's list of disqualifiers may be characteristics that aren't bad in the real world. With no dating experience and a rigid belief system, Jana's limited herself to a not-so-great pool of men. 

I don't know anything about the Wissmann guy to say whether he's a catch or not, but when one of the highlights in your bio is you can "initiate conversations," it sounds like they had to stretch to come up with something good to say. At least he has a job though, so that puts him leap years ahead of the Duggar boys and other Fundie floaters.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I agree. 

I do think that, whatever Jana is like and whatever she believes and thinks, the one thing we know is that, unlike some but not all her siblings, she just doesn't want to reveal much of herself to the world at large via tv or social media. 

And I don't think that choice means anything about what kind of person she is, even whether she's shy or introverted. It's a choice anybody could make, for many different reasons. 

But it definitely does make her nearly impossible for the public to read. 

Honestly, I think it's a smart choice, especially when you aren't one of the people who chose to make yourself famous. But beyond being a person who's made one smart choice, for all we know she could be literally any type of person. She's keeping it to herself.

And if we were talking about a fictional story, we'd have a right to feel pissed that we can't figure out this character at all. And it does feel annoying to have any of them be opaque when we apparently hear and see so much about the family. But since JB and M gave us a window into a whole lot of people's lives without asking their permission, they all certainly have a right to be as opaque as they want, without an audience interpreting the opacity as a sign of good character or bad character or this or that psychology or anything else! She doesn't want us to know. And we don't. 

Lol yes I remember when Jana hit social media finally, we were all wondering what she was really like. Still have no clue. The way she kept posting pictures of herself that look like budget tampon commercials leads me to conclude she's probably pretty bland and basic. But maybe it's some elaborate performance art trolling. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the context. Jana's list of disqualifiers may be characteristics that aren't bad in the real world. With no dating experience and a rigid belief system, Jana's limited herself to a not-so-great pool of men. 

I don't know anything about the Wissmann guy to say whether he's a catch or not, but when one of the highlights in your bio is you can "initiate conversations," it sounds like they had to stretch to come up with something good to say. At least he has a job though, so that puts him leap years ahead of the Duggar boys and other Fundie floaters.

Whatever Jana's requirements for potential mate it's better that she hold out for those requirements, reasonable or not.  She's got to be happy with her decisions and choices.  And one of her choices might be to stay single forever rather than settle for someone less than she wants.

I'm very picky and forever single, apparently,  I doubt her pickiness = my pickiness, though!  LOL

• Love 12
Just now, BitterApple said:

Fundie floater... that's awesome! What a great description!  I can't stop laughing!

• Love 5

There was a period of time when she appeared  to be "tomato staked" to her parents, and I always wondered if this had to do with a guy she might like.  I don't remember that we ever discovered what the problem was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I moved to the Atlanta suburbs after a lifetime in the Chicago suburbs. I was asked if I was angry at God while on the job. Just bizarre.  

Also probably illegal.

ETA I originally read that as a question they asked you during your job interview!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Also probably illegal.

Not in most Southern states like Georgia.  As long those types of comments are directed to coworkers and off the clock, management will look the other way.  Trying to prove harassment or hostile work environment against God-botherers is an uphill battle.  The God-bothering has to be really egregious in order for them to step in.  Most likely, management will excuse the behavior away.  He/She was just being friendly since you're new here, etc.  For a lot of these people, church is their social life so anytime coworkers are gathering together talking about their weekend plans, you will hear about so-and-so's church.  And sometimes your bosses go to the same church as the employee in question.  They will not have your back.  

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Also probably illegal.

ETA I originally read that as a question they asked you during your job interview!

Well, I was asked in an interview if I was comfortable praying with patients. It’s another world south of the Bible Belt. 

• Love 4
On 7/26/2021 at 3:46 PM, GeeGolly said:

Jana, Jinger and Joy. The 3 single ones. Looks like they were scouting mates.

Why are they wearing crowns?

So many stripes.

So many infinity scarves.

Too much Hairball ..... front and center of course.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Jana reminds me a bit of Jane Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, except without an Elizabeth to stick up for her. She is so guarded that she comes across as blank or unfeeling, but what other choice does such a family give her?

Great comparison. That really makes sense....

• Love 8

The Plexus selling is kind of weird. It went through my Idaho town about 9 years ago, lasted for 2-3 years, and then disappeared. I knew about 8 people who sold it back then and they all quit at about the same time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I had not heard of Plexus outside of this forum. I wonder why it’s the fundie-approved MLM of choice. I guess Avon and Mary Kay sell things that are against their countenance rules? But why not Amway or Tupperware or Pre-paid legal? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I had not heard of Plexus outside of this forum. I wonder why it’s the fundie-approved MLM of choice. I guess Avon and Mary Kay sell things that are against their countenance rules? But why not Amway or Tupperware or Pre-paid legal? 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say because Plexus is for both the wife and husband, so the Fundy husband will allow his wife to purchase it. Meaning if the wife stays slim(mer) the husband is happy. And make-up can be bought very cheap, but also might be seen by some Fundy husbands as an indulgence, as with Tupperware too.

• Useful 7
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I assume Amway is out due to men being involved in that particular MLM and it being a cult of its own.  I don't consider Tupperware a MLM.  My mom sold it for years, and she made money off of it.  Unless the company has changed drastically in the last 25 years, it never was a MLM.  Neither is Avon.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say because Plexus is for both the wife and husband, so the Fundy husband will allow his wife to purchase it. Meaning if the wife stays slim(mer) the husband is happy. And make-up can be bought very cheap, but also might be seen by some Fundy husbands as an indulgence, as with Tupperware too.

If only Plexus actually worked for weight loss! 🤣

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I guess Avon and Mary Kay sell things that are against their countenance rules?

But why not Amway or Tupperware or Pre-paid legal? 

Fundies love make-up, and the more the better. However, they seem to buy cheap crap from Dollar Tree.

Tupperware? Hahaha. That would imply that they cook and there are left-overs.

Prepaid Legal might've been a good investment , starting at birth, for Joshley.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, drafan said:

Prepaid Legal might've been a good investment , starting at birth, for Joshley.

JB & MeChelle could have done Prepaid Legal for Josh like normal parents start college funds for their children!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 7/28/2021 at 5:06 PM, drafan said:

Why are they wearing crowns?

So many stripes.

So many infinity scarves.

Too much Hairball ..... front and center of course.

Earlier women in IBLP had to make some effort to cover their necks. If you look at early photos of the Duggars, the women either have collared shirts or scarves on. That seems to have died out certainly since Gothard left. 

• Useful 5
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

Earlier women in IBLP had to make some effort to cover their necks. If you look at early photos of the Duggars, the women either have collared shirts or scarves on. That seems to have died out certainly since Gothard left. 

Because necks are the gateway to… ?

• Love 3
On 7/30/2021 at 8:55 AM, Cinnabon said:

If only Plexus actually worked for weight loss! 🤣

I used it for weight loss 9 years ago and it worked great for about a year, then they changed the formula to more vitamins and less whatever-the-hell made the weight come off. I'd worry about the possible chemical/health ramifications, but I've been drinking energy drinks pretty much non-stop for the last 20 years so that ship has sailed.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Zella said:

So, I got a push notification for this from Instagram helpfully letting me know Hilary hasn't posted in a while. I think Instagram and my phone know how deeply invested I am in her relationship with Jason. LOL

@Zella, I’m starting to worry about you. Do we need to stage an intervention?

• LOL 17
17 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

@Zella, I’m starting to worry about you. Do we need to stage an intervention?

Dang, @Zella, I hope you don't need an intervention. I'd drive to Arkansas to save you in a heartbeat of course. But I'd really prefer to do it when the Delta Variant of COVID isn't romping around the area like it is right now! 

OTOH the idea of one or more of the Duggar sons joining the Spivey family either by marriage or just moving close by and maybe working for Mr. S? Is IMO good because although Hiliaria's social media is what it is, I think she's probably a warm-hearted person and the Duggarlings get fun, kindness, and attention from the Spivey family that's a nice change from their family of origin. 

• Love 16

One of the Duggar fan pages on Instagram is reporting “ breaking news” that Jana is getting married this weekend.  It’s laurenduggarfans .  I don’t follow them but it popped up in my feed.  
I am highly skeptical but thought I would share with everyone. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
On 8/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, 3 is enough said:

One of the Duggar fan pages on Instagram is reporting “ breaking news” that Jana is getting married this weekend.  It’s laurenduggarfans .  I don’t follow them but it popped up in my feed.  
I am highly skeptical but thought I would share with everyone. 

I hope not considering how COVID is exploding in Arkansas.

• Love 10

WOACB checked for wedding licenses in Washington and Benton counties and thankfully came up empty. 

So, it doesn't look like there will be a wedding this weekend or next (the Wissmann's band break).

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Wash jeans? Wtf autocorrect?
  • Useful 10

I guess the fact that little birdies aren't telling WOACB anything to conclusively deny and her having to look it up means that whoever leaked stuff about Jed's wedding to her (my guess is Amy) is no longer talking. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6