Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

.  She will never, ever, admit that she really wanted to screw Chad Paine, and thinks of him during their nightly fumbling.

Oh, I've maintained for years that she wanted Chad in the worst way....then he spotted the Fundy Prom Queen, and that was that. Maybe Jana was waiting to see how this Covid thing worked out for Erin.

4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

At least he has a normal weight and has hair with straight teeth.

This sounds like a For Sale listing for an old horse.

• LOL 18
54 minutes ago, drafan said:

h, I've maintained for years that she wanted Chad in the worst way....then he spotted the Fundy Prom Queen, and that was that. Maybe Jana was waiting to see how this Covid thing worked out for Erin.

Lol. “ The frozen yogurt is fat free, trust me! Oh, and go flying with my brothers afterwards. Let me help you down the stairs, Erin!”

But really, I wonder if she’s angry at Jim Bob for letting that one get away. 

• Love 5

Way back in the 19 Kids and Counting Days there was a talking head with Jana.  They were talking about courting and she said "Well there was a guy..." then it cut off. I remember a lot speculation on TWOP about that. Maybe she was talking about Chad?

• Useful 7
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Lol.  Sit quietly in your questions will be answered! 

I’m thinking, 1 to 2 children, but no more. 

The Jana-nolia garden will wither.  She will compensate by shiplapping a crib, the refrigerator, and Stephen if he sits still too long.

The groom  is almost guaranteed to be some kind of loser. He will do some kind of work with his hands that any other guy could do under the same circumstances. In Jana’s  mind he will look like a guy off a Harlequin romance cover.  She will never, ever, admit that she really wanted to screw Chad Paine, and thinks of him during their nightly fumbling.

Admittedly, I have no idea what is going to happen to Laura. Marry a guy and move in next-door? Gets returned to Gothard headquarters for more famous families? I kind of wonder if she has a Fairweather friend who will disappear along with the show.

9EECE5AC-1BFF-4338-AEDB-85C48DE7CD22.png

Is that Erin and Chad? They sure looks like Erin and her hair.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

He is gifted in "initiating conversations?" So... that means he can talk?

They're like human versions of Strange Planet, except way less tidy, I'm tellin' you!

image.png.4ec3fb3471d93f9b77286a113d399daa.png

• LOL 9

I've always thought she had a think for Zach Bates and at the time the Bates Family weren't "good enough" for the Duggars and Jim Bob didn't allow the courtship. By the time the Bates Family's star started to take-off, Zach was spoken for. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

The Wissman guy is really attractive; Jana could definitely do worse. 

...except for that JESUS T-shirt.

1 hour ago, beckie said:

Why do we think Jana was sweet on Chad? Was there anything specific leading to this speculation?

I think there was an episode way back where the Paine dad brought a bunch of the guys to the TTH....a big Fundy circle comes to mind. There was speculation that the Paine dad and JB were brokering a deal for Jana to marry Chad. Then Chad met Erin Bates and it fell apart. Later, Jana was forced to talk about her ideal guy, and it was basically a description of Chad.

• Useful 17
  • Love 1

I have always been under the impression that Jana was always a bit marriage-shy and probably turned down several potential husbands over the years.  I could be totally wrong.  I do think she's probably more ready now.  We'll see....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well some people feel that wearing that shirt is ` God bothering ` heaven forbid we express what is in our hearts. 

How would you feel about a Church of Satan t-shirt? I would laugh and roll my eyes, just like I do when I see this one 🤷‍♀️.  They are both equally ridiculous to me. That said, everyone should wear what makes them happy.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well some people feel that wearing that shirt is ` God bothering ` heaven forbid we express what is in our hearts. 

Everyone should be free to where they want. I think objections to the shirt would be more along the lines of Jesus said not to Express your religion by wearing it on your sleeve. Or this case, your chest. Instead you should just live the values and let your behavior speaks for itself.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Everyone should be free to where they want. I think objections to the shirt would be more along the lines of Jesus said not to Express your religion by wearing it on your sleeve. Or this case, your chest. Instead you should just live the values and let your behavior speaks for itself.

dang! i just bought 3 new t-shirts at walmart tonight. they each have a Bible verse on them.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

How would you feel about a Church of Satan t-shirt? I would laugh and roll my eyes, just like I do when I see this one 🤷‍♀️.  They are both equally ridiculous to me. That said, everyone should wear what makes them happy.

It would not bother me.  I do believe in freedom of religion. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I personally do not wear clothing with a Christian message.  I am concerned that I would inadvertently do something wrong and be a ` bad witness `, however it does make me smile and encourage me when I see someone else wearing shirt with a Bible verse on it. I also to not witness to people because I do feel my life should be the witness. As I told Cinnabon I would have no problem with a Church of Satan t-shirt, I may be inclined to ask them about their shirt.  I do enjoy talking to people about their beliefs. Sometimes I get tired of the dismissive comments about Christianity, usually when I am tired or hurting. It doesn't always bother me just is sometimes hurtful. 

• Love 10
23 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Almost positive that I spotted Steven Wissmann next to Jana in Jessa's last video. It was the scene at the dining room table where Spurgeon held court in ugly sunglasses.

I wonder if Jessa left that in on purpose.  She knows that the Jana/Steven relationship is supposed to be kept on the downlow, so she could have easily edited it out.  Or maybe she just didn't notice it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I wonder if Jessa left that in on purpose.  She knows that the Jana/Steven relationship is supposed to be kept on the downlow, so she could have easily edited it out.  Or maybe she just didn't notice it.

Interesting that she edited out pregnant Anna in her video earlier this year after the comments were overrun with speculation. But from what I have heard, Jessa/Ben(?) haven't touched this one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I have always been under the impression that Jana was always a bit marriage-shy and probably turned down several potential husbands over the years.  I could be totally wrong.  I do think she's probably more ready now.  We'll see....

I think so, too. Jana is old enough to remember the grinding parental-inflicted poverty before the TLC money, plus she ran the household and raised many of her siblings while her fuckwad parents worked on more kids. I would not be surprised if part of her was actually afraid to get married lest she be in poverty with a zillion kids again. 

SW has nice eyes and he's not a balding slug like the Duggar boys. The shirt doesn't surprise me. I'm not going to be marrying him so who cares what he wears, as long as he's not forcing his icky beliefs on me. 

• Love 23

It’s just so weird to me.  I have lived here for 30 years, but coming from Canada where people just don’t talk about religion I still can’t wrap my head around it.  That’s not to say no one goes to church there, but talking to strangers about religion is just not done.  I don’t think I ever saw a t-shirt with any kind of religious slogan, Bible verse, etc, until I moved to the US.

When we moved to Pennsylvania in 1991, our new neighbors asked if we had found a church yet.  I was just stunned.  They were lovely people just trying to be friendly, but we would never dream of asking that question in Canada.  

Stephen’s t-shirt in the photo is pretty subtle though.  I didn’t even notice until it was pointed out.

• Useful 9
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

think so, too. Jana is old enough to remember the grinding parental-inflicted poverty before the TLC money, plus she ran the household and raised many of her siblings while her fuckwad parents worked on more kids. I would not be surprised if part of her was actually afraid to get married lest she be in poverty with a zillion kids again. 

She also became a sister mom at age 7. By my count that is 24 years of being a housewife

10 hours ago, Heathen said:

SW has nice eyes and he's not a balding slug like the Duggar boys. The shirt doesn't surprise me. I'm not going to be marrying him so who cares what he wears, as long as he's not forcing his icky beliefs on me. 

I think they only real concern is that every man over 30  and these families have some kind of deep, dark secret, criminal past, or weird sexual hangups.  I hope they vet him super hard, but who knows.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

It’s just so weird to me.  I have lived here for 30 years, but coming from Canada where people just don’t talk about religion I still can’t wrap my head around it.  That’s not to say no one goes to church there, but talking to strangers about religion is just not done.  I don’t think I ever saw a t-shirt with any kind of religious slogan, Bible verse, etc, until I moved to the US.

When we moved to Pennsylvania in 1991, our new neighbors asked if we had found a church yet.  I was just stunned.  They were lovely people just trying to be friendly, but we would never dream of asking that question in Canada.  

Stephen’s t-shirt in the photo is pretty subtle though.  I didn’t even notice until it was pointed out.

I never really thought about that, but you're right, we Canadians don't talk about religion. And we don't ask others about their religion or what church they attend, etc. And I've never seen a religious t-shirt either, and I've lived in a few different provinces. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 12

How old is Steven Wissmann?  27?  28? 

Has he ever been in a serious relationship before Jana?

In what town does he live?  (I'm hoping he and Jana will live far away from the Duggar compound.)

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

the Wissmans look pretty respectable

And not hurting for money, apparently, with a successful business.  If he and Jana end up marrying, I so hope he is a good guy and treats her well (and doesn't insist on a lot of children).  Goodness knows, she deserves a break.  

• Love 10
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

How old is Steven Wissmann?  27?  28? 

Has he ever been in a serious relationship before Jana?

In what town does he live?  (I'm hoping he and Jana will live far away from the Duggar compound.)

And not hurting for money, apparently, with a successful business.  If he and Jana end up marrying, I so hope he is a good guy and treats her well (and doesn't insist on a lot of children).  Goodness knows, she deserves a break.  

Their business is based in Milford, Nebraska, which is near Lincoln. So they must live somewhere in that area. He just turned 28.      No reports that I've seen on previous relationships. So dunno. He might be a broken bicycle or have heart pieces missing....or not.....🙂

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't think Jessa edited the video.  She's kind of busy these days.  I think it was edited and slicked up by the brains behind Duggar Studios, whoever they might be.

• Love 3
(edited)

I could see Jana and Stephen having a bigger than average family. 7 or 8 kids closely spaced with more if they have twins.  (Michelle had Josie at 43 so Jana could have kids into 40s. Stephen's father has 13 kids.) The fact that he's also from a big fundie family that similar to hers is telling.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 7

There is also an Amazon registry. At least there was. The address linked to it was in North Carolina. And anyone can password protect an empty "registry" for some attention. They couldn't even spell Wissmann correctly! 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Yeah I've been watching people debate the veracity of the registries on Reddit all weekend. I think they're fake, especially with the misspelled name, but I also thought the breaking news on the Jedding was fake news, too, so I don't have a good track record with these predictions. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 7/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, Westiepeach said:

He is gifted in "initiating conversations?" So... that means he can talk?

My thoughts are that the narrator  was politely saying that ‘he’ was good at starting arguments 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 7/23/2021 at 9:08 AM, 3 is enough said:

I moved to the Atlanta suburbs after a lifetime in the Chicago suburbs. I was asked if I was angry at God while on the job. Just bizarre.  

• Love 2
On 7/22/2021 at 5:15 PM, BigBingerBro said:

h0u3jsftorc71.png?width=466&format=png&a

On 7/22/2021 at 5:42 PM, Tasya said:

The Wissman guy is really attractive; Jana could definitely do worse. 

He is not bad looking. He has pretty eyes and his facial hair is well groomed. Nice smile and he DOES work out (look at those arms and I can see his pecs). If Jana is into him, I wish her all the best.

• Love 6
On 7/23/2021 at 1:11 AM, Heathen said:

I think so, too. Jana is old enough to remember the grinding parental-inflicted poverty before the TLC money, plus she ran the household and raised many of her siblings while her fuckwad parents worked on more kids. I would not be surprised if part of her was actually afraid to get married lest she be in poverty with a zillion kids again. 

Jana was also a witness to Josh's misdeeds and her parents' response to them.  She very well could feel responsible to her younger siblings especially the girls to keep them safe since she knows JB and Michelle will not.  I can totally see Jana doing her own risk/reward list in her head at every possible suitor.  And if the rewards for marriage are not substantially greater than the risk of leaving the other Duggar kids at the mercy of JB and Michelle and Josh, then she would pass.

I also do think that Michelle persuaded Jana from not marrying before her younger sisters.  With Jana married and gone, Michelle would actually have to parent her brood.  I don't think Michelle forbade Jana from marrying.  Michelle would never do that, she would make comment after comment designed to guilt Jana into turning down a proposal for the good of the family.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jana was also a witness to Josh's misdeeds and her parents' response to them.  She very well could feel responsible to her younger siblings especially the girls to keep them safe since she knows JB and Michelle will not.  I can totally see Jana doing her own risk/reward list in her head at every possible suitor.  And if the rewards for marriage are not substantially greater than the risk of leaving the other Duggar kids at the mercy of JB and Michelle and Josh, then she would pass.

I also do think that Michelle persuaded Jana from not marrying before her younger sisters.  With Jana married and gone, Michelle would actually have to parent her brood.  I don't think Michelle forbade Jana from marrying.  Michelle would never do that, she would make comment after comment designed to guilt Jana into turning down a proposal for the good of the family.  

I agree with this. I think Jana has a strong sense of duty to her younger siblings, and not that she hates the idea of marriage, but like you said, if it is not a great reward than her perceived risk of leaving her family, why bother? Jana has a lot of freedom for a young woman in her social circle, why give that up for someone you are only luke warm about. 

Jana is/was certainly the work horse of the family, and no they wouldn't have encouraged her to marry and make more work for them. With Josie to be 12 at the end of this year, if Jana got married and moved out, Michelle would have little "work". The remaining younger boys (and Tyler) are mostly running around doing their own thing, there are not set meal times, the lost girls could handle the laundry and minimal cleaning that happens at the TTH. 

• Love 5

And if Josh is found guilty, he most likely won't be around her younger brothers and sisters for quite a while (hopefully), so she may feel she can move out now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

He is not bad looking. He has pretty eyes and his facial hair is well groomed. Nice smile and he DOES work out (look at those arms and I can see his pecs). If Jana is into him, I wish her all the best.

Agreed, he is pretty good looking. I'm not sure about his eyes, though. They are striking, but appear very intense, which can either be a good thing or not, depending how that intensity is channeled. 

On the other hand, it may be just the way his eyes are set, plus the color. Actually, Jana's eyes are fairly similar in shape and coloring, but she doesn't come across as particularly intense, so it could just be the picture.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Agreed, he is pretty good looking. I'm not sure about his eyes, though. They are striking, but appear very intense, which can either be a good thing or not, depending how that intensity is channeled. 

I think that is because his eyes are hooded, and the extra skin over the eyelid does that. 

• Useful 1

My thoughts around Jana differ. I don't think she's felt an internal obligation to watch out for her younger siblings. I think she would had married early on, if the right guy came along. Of the SsIL, none of them would have been a good match for her and I'm guessing no good matches have shown up until now.

I believe Jill, Jessa and Jinger weren't nearly as picky, and... a "missionary" happened to show up for Jill, and a "cute" guy for Jessa. Two things that were likely high on their lists.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My thoughts around Jana differ. I don't think she's felt an internal obligation to watch out for her younger siblings. I think she would had married early on, if the right guy came along. Of the SsIL, none of them would have been a good match for her and I'm guessing no good matches have shown up until now.

I don't either. I've never seen Jana act particularly sentimental or protective towards her siblings. I also never bought into the myth that Boob and Michelle forbade her to marry. I think it's a combination of Jana not wanting to court on camera, the guys she liked already being taken and perhaps having unrealistic expectations.  

I also want to add that for as much as the viewers have a soft spot for Jana, we really don't know what she's like behind the scenes. She may be great at gardening and childcare, but not friendly or approachable when it comes to men. Even now, when she's allegedly courting and presumably in love, she doesn't look any more or less happy than she did when she was running her mother's household. You just can't get a good read on her.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17

FWIW, and this obviously proves nothing, one way or another about Jana, but it is some of the only supposed "evidence" I've ever heard about her from real life.

The guy who recently did the youtubes/podcasts about his personal knowledge of Josh based on his and his family's connections with the Duggars when he was young, had a huge crush on Jana when she was 15/16.

He's said that he's between the twins and Josh in age, so he must have been 16/17 at the time. He saw Jana a lot during for a few years. His parents were part of the inner Duggar church circle and his family seems frequently to have gone to devotion-type stuff a the TTH. 

He speaks very highly of Jana. He perceived her as very kind, unassuming but quietly straightforward, not phony, quite shy and quiet, and extremely attentive to what her family wanted and needed.. In other words, he had a crush on her for quite a while and finally worked up the nerve to start some conversations. They both loved music and she talked to him about it some. They would have some quiet conversations with her when he could pull her away from working around the house during his family's visits.

When his family was about to move (out of Arkansas, I think), he wanted to write letters to Jana because he pretty much dreamed of courting her. He asked the Duggars for permission, but Jim Bob told him that Jana didn't want that. She was quite young at the time, of course, so just that might make her shy away from it. On the other hand, it's Jim Bob who told the guy that Jana didn't want him to write, so who knows whether she wanted him to write or not. 

I was pretty impressed with this guy's good sense and truthfulness after listening to all his podcasts and hearing the things he said about various Duggars , so I'm inclined to think that his picture of Jana as a teenager probably has some elements of truth, at least. But of course, who the heck knows. And she's more than twice the age now than she was then, so she may have turned into somebody different over the years, I suppose. 

Anyway, that's the closest thing to an actual description of Jana in real life I've ever heard. So...FWIW....

• Useful 11
  • Love 11

There is what @Churchhoney said plus her own siblings have said she's picky.  If she's saved from the kind of marriage some of her siblings have, then I'm onboard with picky if she gets what she wants.  Being picky would also tie with the somewhat longer than Duggar average timing of getting to know through engagement.  I think Jana wants to be sure and that isn't a bad thing.

• Love 13
(edited)

I have a really hard time reading Jana--I think she's a bit of a blank slate, to be perfectly honest--but I've always thought she was an introvert. As a fellow introvert, I've often thought a lot of her seeming to do more than her share of the work was not necessarily out of duty or industriousness so much as an excuse to get away from the others and recharge in a socially acceptable way.

I always become tremendously motivated to help people when I am at social events, not because I actually am that helpful, but because it's an excuse to get away from the larger group without seeming like an asshole. 

That of course doesn't rule out her being shy or not shy since it's a separate issue. I'm introverted but not shy myself. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 18