Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, EVS said:

Wasn’t there also a Duggar son at the Wissman Christmas party? 

There was no other Duggar in the Christmas picture. (Of course that doesn't mean they weren't there, just that they weren't pictured.) The Jer/ Hannah rumor started after the picture at Magnolia around Justin's wedding where they were standing close together.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

There was no other Duggar in the Christmas picture. (Of course that doesn't mean they weren't there, just that they weren't pictured.) The Jer/ Hannah rumor started after the picture at Magnolia around Justin's wedding where they were standing close together.

Yep. If two unrelated male and female people stand together in a picture that means they are courting. Or betrothed. Right? 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 13

Stephen Wissman is 27 and will be 28 in July. Jana is 31. Despite the age difference, there could still be a courtship. 

Jeremiah is allegedly dating Hannah and the same age difference. Hannah is 25 and Jeremiah is 22. 

Since they're all adults, if they want to pair up, it's fine with me. 

Katey is older than Jed! and Claire is older than Justin. It seems to be trendy. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Yep. If two unrelated male and female people stand together in a picture that means they are courting. Or betrothed. Right? 

Well, if the female is Jana Duggar then it definitely does.

Has for years and years.......For at least three days in each instance. 😁

Maybe the 23rd time is the charm, as they used to say. 

And Stephen Wissmann hasn't yet denied it in a social-media post dripping with horror and disgust. So hey.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 20

All these people live the same lives from age 18 (at most) until they get married. There is just an unchanging sea of days and single people of both genders are expected to remain perpetual ingenues for all of them. It's not like for people in the mainstream where someone who is 18 is expected to be in a different life stage from people who are 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45... for this crowd, a single adult is a single adult is a single adult. And if you're in the same life stage and hold the same social position then what difference does age make? It really is just a number at that point.

So weird but I just can't get up in arms over any age difference among these couples because it just seems meaningless to me within this context. Now, massive differences in life experience and education are a red flag for me, personally. But even then, I think the people who convert into this weird religion/cult and seek spouses within it must have some pretty major damage just by definition, and it's sort of a case-by-case thing whether that damage is sad and hopefully heal-able (like Derick) or scary and predatory (like Tabitha Payne's creepy rapist husband).

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

All these people live the same lives from age 18 (at most) until they get married. There is just an unchanging sea of days and single people of both genders are expected to remain perpetual ingenues for all of them. It's not like for people in the mainstream where someone who is 18 is expected to be in a different life stage from people who are 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45... for this crowd, a single adult is a single adult is a single adult. And if you're in the same life stage and hold the same social position then what difference does age make? It really is just a number at that point.

So weird but I just can't get up in arms over any age difference among these couples because it just seems meaningless to me within this context. Now, massive differences in life experience and education are a red flag for me, personally. But even then, I think the people who convert into this weird religion/cult and seek spouses within it must have some pretty major damage just by definition, and it's sort of a case-by-case thing whether that damage is sad and hopefully heal-able (like Derick) or scary and predatory (like Tabitha Payne's creepy rapist husband).

Yes although I doubt a 31 year old dating 27 year old would be weird in most contexts. Same goes for 25 year old dating a 22 year old.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I have completely lost track which thread had the chat about Jase visiting Hilaria a week after the clairitin wedding. I asked a question about the hat Jase was wearing which @Ginger90 showed was a Buckventures Hat.

Interesting the Buck Venture guy Jeff Danker has 2 daughters, Jaylee and Gracie.

Jaylee was pictured with Claire at Joy's shower for EVY

Screenshot (47).png

• Useful 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

@SunnyBeBe, we're talking about Jana and Jer's alleged courtships here. 😀

Though Jason courting Hilaria would be a lot more interesting than whatever Jana and Jer are up to. . . . 😉 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
On 4/4/2021 at 3:20 PM, cmr2014 said:

Also, we're getting into the middle kids, and almost no one know who they are. We're not the only ones who are surprised that "there's a Justin?"

You would have to be a pretty serious humper to know any of the kids between Jinger and Josie. The original show was about JB and J'chelle and their swarm of kids -- the individuality of the kids was irrelevant (and, of course, still is irrelevant to JB and J'chelle).

Seeing a couple of the older kids get married and start their own families might have been nice for some of the more invested humpers, but marriage #10 and grandchild #20 are really not very interesting. The only thing that keeps most of us here is the strange shenanigans around the "courtships" and "betrothals" and most casual viewers don't know (or care) about any of that.

In all honesty I really couldn't reliably put the correct name with the correct kid after Joy, aside from Josie.   None of them stand out in a way for me to recall name by seeing their face, I'd merely be fumbling for whatever J names I could remember as a guess.

Wait, I forgot Mr. Smug face who just got married, but can't recall his name.   Keep wanting to toss Joe in there, but I know for sure that's wrong since I can actually identify Joe in a lineup.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/4/2021 at 6:27 PM, Temperance said:

Stephen Wissman is 27 and will be 28 in July. Jana is 31. Despite the age difference, there could still be a courtship. 

Jeremiah is allegedly dating Hannah and the same age difference. Hannah is 25 and Jeremiah is 22. 

Since they're all adults, if they want to pair up, it's fine with me. 

Katey is older than Jed! and Claire is older than Justin. It seems to be trendy. 

I hope Jana is courting and get out of Arkansas and actually have her own life.  Maybe Laura will move to Nebraska too LOL

• Love 16
On 4/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Let’s face it, the boys getting married off are much less interesting than the barely interesting girls that got married. TLC is focusing more on the families, not any of the individuals.

If Jana's courtship happens I think TLC will jump on that.  Ratings are down and Jana getting married is something people will tune in to watch.  I mean I watched the show on and off and some of these middle JBoys I cannot keep straight.  Jana getting married would be gold for TLC

• Love 8
On 4/6/2021 at 9:35 AM, Jenniferbug said:

I must be a rare person who can identify them all. Not a fan, just someone who has always been good with names and faces. 

I can remember the names, only because of that stupid almost-jingle they had at the beginning of the show. It's seared into my brain. I can identify faces down to about Joy or Josiah, then Josie and now Justin, but that's it. The lost girls and other howlers are just Generic J'Duggar. 

Josh Jana John-David Jill Jessa Jinger Joseph Josiah Joy-Anna Jedidiah Jeremiah Jason James Justin Jackson Johanna Jennifer Jordyn-Grace Josie. How did I do? 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I can remember the names, only because of that stupid almost-jingle they had at the beginning of the show. It's seared into my brain. I can identify faces down to about Joy or Josiah, then Josie and now Justin, but that's it. The lost girls and other howlers are just Generic J'Duggar. 

Josh Jana John-David Jill Jessa Jinger Joseph Josiah Joy-Anna Jedidiah Jeremiah Jason James Justin Jackson Johanna Jennifer Jordyn-Grace Josie. How did I do? 

Is Joy's name Joy-Anna?   Then they named another daughter Johanna?

I've watched their show on and off for years.   I thought I had an understanding of a lot of things.   It's like a bunch of you are in the AP class and I need to be remedial.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Yes, plus poor Joseph and Josiah are only 18 months apart. Thankfully, there is 12-13 years between the Jos*** boys and baby Josie.

This is something that kills me because there is no need to double up on sounds for J names, especially since they're not using all biblical names.

• Love 9

This is something that kills me because there is no need to double up on sounds for J names, especially since they're not using all biblical names.

I mean the fact Jinger married Jeremy and doesn't have a brother with that name is a small miracle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I've watched their show on and off for years.   I thought I had an understanding of a lot of things.   It's like a bunch of you are in the AP class and I need to be remedial.

50 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Yes, plus poor Joseph and Josiah are only 18 months apart. Thankfully, there is 12-13 years between the Jos*** boys and baby Josie.

This is something that kills me because there is no need to double up on sounds for J names, especially since they're not using all biblical names.

Jana, Joy-Anna and Johannah. Joshua, Joseph, Josiah and Josie.

• LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Josh Jana John-David Jill Jessa Jinger Joseph Josiah Joy-Anna Jedidiah Jeremiah Jason James Justin Jackson Johanna Jennifer Jordyn-Grace Josie.

I read this and immediately heard the ending in my head "and I gave birth to everyone"  

michelle's pridefulness always came through with that line at the end of the sing song name list on the show

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I read this and immediately heard the ending in my head "and I gave birth to everyone"  

michelle's pridefulness always came through with that line at the end of the sing song name list on the show

At least JB stopped short of stating, "and I planted them all".

• LOL 19
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

At least JB stopped short of stating, "and I planted them all".

“You should’ve seen what the football team did to my field in high school!” -Michelle

• LOL 11

I was thinking about Jana and her supposed courtship and it occurred to me that it's probably very difficult to develop any kind of relationship with her.

If I recall correctly, J'chelle referred to Jana as a "chatterbox" when she was younger (like Josiah used to have a personality, remember?). There was also some mention of her being "difficult" and something about "tomato staking." 

As a result, I think she's just learned to shut down emotionally. I had a difficult relationship with my mother when I was a teenager, and I eventually learned to strictly edit myself around her. We have a relatively peaceful relationship now, but it's been years since I've told her what I really think or feel about anything, or told her what's actually going on in my life. I think Jana is in the same place, but she doesn't have friends, or boyfriends, or colleagues, or even family members that she can talk to. 

I hope that she gets out of the TTH sooner rather than later, but it will probably take a while for her walls to come down and for her to be able to relate in an honest way with anyone.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I was thinking about Jana and her supposed courtship and it occurred to me that it's probably very difficult to develop any kind of relationship with her.

If I recall correctly, J'chelle referred to Jana as a "chatterbox" when she was younger (like Josiah used to have a personality, remember?). There was also some mention of her being "difficult" and something about "tomato staking." 

As a result, I think she's just learned to shut down emotionally. I had a difficult relationship with my mother when I was a teenager, and I eventually learned to strictly edit myself around her. We have a relatively peaceful relationship now, but it's been years since I've told her what I really think or feel about anything, or told her what's actually going on in my life. I think Jana is in the same place, but she doesn't have friends, or boyfriends, or colleagues, or even family members that she can talk to. 

I hope that she gets out of the TTH sooner rather than later, but it will probably take a while for her walls to come down and for her to be able to relate in an honest way with anyone.

I agree. I see Jana as caring, but very guarded.

• Love 9

Jana's application of the magnetic lashes at least looks a thousand times better than Joy's did. But seriously, do these companies not care that multiple people in the same family, with the same social followers, are shilling their products right on top of each other? And in really terrible, un-organic ways that most people see right through. I wouldn't think they are seeing much, if any, bump in sales due to this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Well to be fair, the Duggar boys don't have jobs either. 

Well what about that invisible car dealership ma'am?  Or that imaginary construction company? Or that wanna-be state government job that one of them almost got elected to?

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Well what about that invisible car dealership ma'am?  Or that imaginary construction company? Or that wanna-be state government job that one of them almost got elected to?

Almost, really?

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

What was Jana, who has no interest in planes, doing at Sun-N-Fun? I think the speculation about her babysitting is sadly true. 

Jana and JD are close, and she seems to get on well with Abby.  I spent a lot of time in my 20's/early 30's tagging along with my sister/BIL and their kids to various things, even stuff I wasn't terribly interested in.  I don't blame Jana if she wanted to get away from the TTH for a couple of days and enjoy some Florida sun.

I was also known to entertain the kids while sis/BIL went out to dinner by themselves now and again on these trips.  I considered it more than fair and I enjoyed doing it.  I would think that Jana probably enjoys 'Auntie' time with Gracie and doesn't consider it a chore.  She seems like a sunny, happy kid and I'll bet she sees Jana often enough that she loves to be with her.

• Love 22