Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

High church is having a liturgical calendar, vestments, rituals, art, etc.  It's Roman Catholic, Orthodox Christians, and Catholic lite faiths like the Anglican Church, Lutherans, Episcopalians.  Low church means eschewing some or all of those.  It's the preacher preaching what he wants to each week  the Holy Spirit calls him to preach.  

Catholic lite here -- aka Lutheran.

I realize that there are a lot of non denominational churches that essentially revolve around what I call more lifestyle centric themes, less Gospel heavy than what I'm used to.  But I have to admit I thought even those would pay lip service to Easter message of resurrection on Easter Sunday.  I'm sure I'd need help peeling me up off the floor if I experienced your sister's church on Easter Sunday.

• Love 9

In our (Lutheran) church, there wouldn't even be any flowers in the church on Saturday.  That is the day the church is  made ready for Easter Sunday.   The church ladies usually work most of the day Saturday getting the church ready for Easter Sunday.  All the altar linens are changed from dark purple to white that day and the sanctuary changes from dark and drab church of Lent to a joyous, flower-filled  church of Easter.  A wedding would not be appreciated--or allowed.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I realize that there are a lot of non denominational churches that essentially revolve around what I call more lifestyle centric themes, less Gospel heavy than what I'm used to.  But I have to admit I thought even those would pay lip service to Easter message of resurrection on Easter Sunday.  I'm sure I'd need help peeling me up off the floor if I experienced your sister's church on Easter Sunday.

The churches I attended as a child skewed heavily "low church," and I don't think what was described there of Easter Sunday being a normal Sunday would be considered normal at all. I don't really think the anecdote is very representative of how most churches approach Easter, regardless of their denomination. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

The churches I attended as a child skewed heavily "low church," and I don't think what was described there of Easter Sunday being a normal Sunday would be considered normal at all. I don't really think the anecdote is very representative of how most churches approach Easter, regardless of their denomination. 

I've never attended a non denominational church for Easter services, but of the ones I have I would expect the Easter Sunday message to be very Gospel and resurrection heavy in their messaging. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I've never attended a non denominational church for Easter services, but of the ones I have I would expect the Easter Sunday message to be very Gospel and resurrection heavy in their messaging. 

Yes, that was what I experienced. There also tended to be a bit more formality expected in clothing, and it was common for people who never otherwise attended to show up. I'm sure it would still be a culture shock from someone who expects a more ritualized service, but it's not business as usual. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jed! turned 22 in December. 

He is only 22?!!!  Wow!  Justin looks years younger than his actual age, and Jed looks years older than his actual age.

Of course, Justin is just on the cusp of his Dugger male  hyperaging period. 

23 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jed! turned 22 in December. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Two years ago I spent Easter with my sister and her family.  They attend a non-denominational Christian church that is very low church.  I was taken aback that the congregation treated Easter as just another Sunday.  Yes the preacher did mention the Easter miracle in his sermon, but his overall message had nothing to do with Easter.  I guess when you attend a low enough church, Holy Week has little to no meaning for you.  Easter Saturday is just another Saturday for them.  I also think someone wanted to take advantage of getting married on 4-3-21.  The gimmick means more.

I was raised Catholic, twelve years of Catholic school, too.  When I was 24, I joined the Seventh Day Adventist church.  They did not have church services on Easter Sunday, although the death and ressurection theme was always prominent on Saturday's service.

There was also never a special Christmas service, unless it fell on Saturday.

I'm guessing a lot of Protestant churches don't follow holy days and weeks.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, louannems said:

He is only 22?!!!  Wow!  Justin looks years younger than his actual age, and Jed looks years older than his actual age.

Of course, Justin is just on the cusp of his Dugger male  hyperaging period. 

Thinking of those two together, it seems like a 15-year-old and his 30-year-old brother to me. But, as you say, Justin's just entered: Duggar Boy's Life: The Rapid Aging Years. So maybe they won't look so different for long. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

Most of us are also Christians, and depending on the denomination it absolutely is set aside for specific observances. I started this and I was raised Catholic. In the Catholic church, Holy Saturday is absolutely an important liturgical day for Catholics. It's part of what used to be referred as "Triduum." This tradition has died down a little, but is still practiced by many. The article also lists other traditions that celebrate it.

Obviously we're not the right kind of Christians, but many Christians practice this. It's still weird time to get married even if Holy Saturday as no significance. 

By “most” are you referring to the members of this group, the country, or who? Because you might be surprised .

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

You mention “Gospel heavy.” Don’t a lot of these  non denominational churches claim to be “Bible centered?” What is the Bible if not filled with the gospel?

• Love 2
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

You mention “Gospel heavy.” Don’t a lot of these  non denominational churches claim to be “Bible centered?” What is the Bible if not filled with the gospel?

Gospel is the first four books of the New Testament, specifically centered around the ministry of Jesus.  It's considered the essential component of the Christian faith.   Not that there's anything wrong with the scriptures overall, but the Gospels are where you find the essence of the Christian faith, the key components if you will. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Catholic priests will not perform weddings on Good Friday or Holy Saturday.  They don't even say Mass on Holy Saturday.  

There are 51 other weekends in the year.  I don't think it is too much to ask not to schedule a wedding on Easter weekend.

For people who claim to be super Christians, the Duggars sure are all about what works for them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars do observe "Resurrection Day", but by the choice of wedding date they don't observe Holy Saturday. I'm sure many, if not most of their guests don't either.

Likely true about their group. I'm just really surprised to hear it, and I find it interesting, because it seems to me that the part of the Gospel that they pay the most attention to is Christ's sacrifice on the cross.....They very much focus on songs and scripture of "In the blood, in the blood, in the blood" variety. They've had tiny children singing songs about Christ's blood sacrifice. And aside from sexual abstinence, Christ's ugly death to save sinners is clearly the aspect of the faith that they stress most. 

They always have eschewed a lot of Christmas ceremony, for example, to focus on the Holy Week events and their meaning and their primacy to the faith. So I'm curious about how they view the days that specifically and strongly commemorate that part of the faith in other Christian traditions. Maybe they downplay those days because of their prominence in the Catholic church and in the liturgical lives of the mainline churches? Dunno. 

But especially with their calling attention to Easter as "Resurrection" day and trying to free it from any non-Christ's-death-related imagery, I expected them to hold the actual days of Christ's suffering, death and entombment as the really really sacred ground and to focus on them as days of prayer and solemnity. They repeatedly stress those events as the heart of the religion. So it would interest me to learn what's behind their willingness to throw a completely unrelated party that'll almost certainly have people expressing some wink wink nudge nudge hey hey hey fundie-type sex innuendo right in the middle of Christ's entombment and the morning after his crucifixion.  (and, if they do have a rehearsal dinner on Good Friday, right in the middle of the crucifixion....Hard to believe that they'll do that, though...)

They kneel for lengthy prayers and prostrate themselves at New Year's. So there must be a reason for so explicitly not doing that on the days that virtually all other Christians set aside for it specifically......

I'm guessing it's to be not like the Catholics and the orthodox and the mainline Protestants....

But I wonder how and when and by whom that got decided. Because to me it does fly directly in the face of the key points of their theology. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11

I agree completely, Churchhoney. I get mileage may vary based on your specific brand of Christianity, but the date leaves me perplexed in terms of practicalities as well as theology.

I think my first practical point of confusion is probably just my background talking, but my church follows the Methodist tradition and we strip the sanctuary as part of the Maundy Thursday service. That means you take out all the flowers, banners, candles, crosses etc and just leave a big wooden cross draped in black cloth. On Easter Sunday, everyone processes in (with trumpets) and redecorates the church with Easter stuff. I don't know if you'd even be allowed to bring flowers and pew bows in on Saturday, but if you did you'd certainly have to clear every last petal out when you finished.

2- and I think this is a bit more universal (well, christian universal). Easter is a really busy day. You have to be up in time to get ready in your better than regular church clothes, deal with the Easter Bunny stuff and be ready for church. The service tends to be extra long and some churches do a sunrise service so you're up and ready before dawn. After church comes a big family meal with extended family, a big ham (or turkey) and lots of sides. Like Christmas and Thanksgiving, my family usually uses Easter Saturday to clean and get the cooking ready so we can turn things on low before we leave for church (cue annual debate about leaving the house with the oven on).

Then there's the matter of the officiant, Easter Sunday sermons are the big one of the year and with the events of 2020-21, folks on both sides of the political divide have a lot of options to talk about death and loss followed by renewal. I can't think of too many preachers who wouldn't be busy prepping that day (Ie Ben and Jer the dilettante). 

Frankly, I'm leaning towards there being some reason (cough bunk-bed-fun-time cough) to make this quick and quiet. 

Slightly more out there guess, Counting On isn't being renewed (or this is their last season) and JB wants to get as many of the howlers married as possible before they lose all their status on the fundy marriage mart. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Frankly, I'm leaning towards there being some reason (cough bunk-bed-fun-time cough) to make this quick and quiet. 

😁     Or maybe one of their venues has offered a giant discount for a rehearsal-dinner service on Good Friday because nobody else is booking that night. 😈

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Oh man Jill Rodrigues is losing all hope to snag a Duggar son in law.

There's always Jackson in a few years with one of those pretty Rod tweens. Or Jason for Renee or Kaylee. Jason seems to be the most overlooked of all the Howlers.

Though I doubt JB and Meech would let any of their kids, even the ones whose names they can't remember, court a Rod. Nurie + Anna Duggar's brother is the closest JRod is going to get.

• LOL 7
27 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

There's always Jackson in a few years with one of those pretty Rod tweens. Or Jason for Renee or Kaylee. Jason seems to be the most overlooked of all the Howlers.

Though I doubt JB and Meech would let any of their kids, even the ones whose names they can't remember, court a Rod. Nurie + Anna Duggar's brother is the closest JRod is going to get.

not sure on that - Jase is one that seems set up with a real business Buildmaster Construction. Claims he built and sold a house last year and is building (or being the contractor for) another. JB has cosigned for him on a few loans for property. I think he is the one who supposedly bought and flipped a house at age 16.

wasn't Jase the brother originally supposed to be courting Lauren Caldwell after the trip to Greece? then she was rumored to be with James, then Jed!, that girl dodged the duggar bullet 3 times if any of that was true.

• LOL 9
40 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Oh my god, can you imagine if one of the Rod daughters married a Duggar? There would be a cage match between Jill R and Hillary to rival Godzilla vs Mothra. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh my god, can you imagine if one of the Rod daughters married a Duggar? There would be a cage match between Jill R and Hillary to rival Godzilla vs Mothra. 

Let's start up a collection so we can watch this on  ppv.

• LOL 14
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm Unitarian -- about as far from Catholic as you can get -- and Easter is still celebrated as a special holiday. It's nothing like a "regular Sunday."

• Love 10

Katey's family is from Arizona, and I'm not sure if they moved or not. Her dad had a real job, where he made money. He may be retired now. He's married to his second wife, who is Katey's step mother. Katey has one sibling a sister named Lauren. Katey is older. 

Her father became a fundie later in life. She went to public school and started homeschooling for high school. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 7
27 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Jill Rod would have a stroke 

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, louannems said:

Of course, Justin is just on the cusp of his Dugger male  hyperaging period

aka puberty

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Oh man Jill Rodrigues is losing all hope to snag a Duggar son in law. She must be chugging extra Plexus. 

Isn’t Sinner Twin still available?  There’s still time to snap up a not-Nurie. Ages would mesh well. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Tdoc72 said:

Isn’t Sinner Twin still available?  There’s still time to snap up a not-Nurie. Ages would mesh well. 

He is rumored to be in a courtship with Hannah Wissman. 

Jason and James still seem to be available. 

• Useful 7
16 hours ago, SMama said:

I can’t see Ma and Pa Duggar allowing a courtship with a Rodlet. Those two think they are fundie royalty.  

They - and their kids - are surely living a more upscale life than they used to. Justin married a woman from what appears to be a solid IBLP family - with money. Jed!'s fiancee is also from a solid IBLP family which appears financially comfortable. The Duggar kidults and their friends, from the SM postings I see, take ski and hunting trips to Colorado, fly in private planes to other states to socialize (and in Jana's case hang out at the Magnolia emporium in Waco), and never seem overburdened by whatever work it is they do in the businesses JB has set them up in. 

Looking at all the Duggar daughters-in-law, they seem to come from families involved with IBLP and in some cases also comfortably off if not wealthy. I'm convinced the Duggar parents had a hand in setting up some of those matches although I doubt they forced anybody to marry against their wishes. 

The days when the Duggars piled all the kids into the stinkbus and hauled them all onstage to screech violins and sing for Jesus are long past. No more crowded RVs, it's all airplanes now, and often private planes at that.

The Rods are way downscale from the Duggars. I bet the Duggars were happy to have a reason to ban the Rods from Duggarland after JillR outed the confidential details of that Duggar daughter's wedding (was it Jinger?). Sure, they were ostensibly beloved brothers and sisters in Christ - but I'd bet that JillR had been grinding JB's and Meech's gears for awhile with her pushy ways. Heh. 

JB would be horrified if any of his kids marry into a family that's going to be eternally grifting for handouts, like the Rods would be. And the Rods' optics aren't good: the ill-dressed horde crammed into that RV, performing and preaching at churches with their hands always out for love offerings, publicized by JillR's nonstop unfiltered SM posts. 

I don't remember seeing anything that suggests that the Rods have been involved with IBLP. It takes a certain amount of money to pay for the homeschool materials, the conferences, the summer camps, and the rest of it. I don't think the Rods have enough money for IBLP activties, as much as they would like to be associated with the big names in the fundie world. I remember when Nurie and Kaylee (I think it was those two) went to stay with the Pearls and JillR bragged about it. Does anybody know what the deal was? I wondered if the girls were doing some kind of unpaid work for the Pearls in return for room and board, but whatever the deal was, JillR had the Pearls' names all over her SM about it.

Edited by Jeeves
grammar
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Katey's family is from Arizona, and I'm not sure if they moved or not. Her dad had a real job, where he made money. He may be retired now. He's married to his second wife, who is Katey's step mother. Katey has one sibling a sister named Lauren. Katey is older. 

Her father became a fundie later in life. She went to public school and started homeschooling for high school. 

This is interesting. So Katey lives with her dad?

I think I'd freak out if I had an ex who had custody of my kid(s) and then became Fundy. Does anyone have any details on Katey's mom?

• Love 9

That one little tidbit of info from Tempie has me thinking in Lifetime plots. 

• Not My Money: Rich husband hides assets, retires from job and seeks sole custody to avoid paying cheating ex.
  • Before She Marries: Wife hires PI to find daughter and regain custody before she becomes a teen Fundy bride.
  • Crisis of Faith: Fundy family has medical crisis, mother wrestles with options, husband flees with daughter to avoid forced treatment.
  • Why Did She Leave: Husband seeks answers from God after wife abruptly leaves family and files for divorce.

I realize my storylines are out there, as they're not in hiding. And I'm sure its probably just a run of the mill divorce, but even in current times the children usually end up with the mom or parents share custody.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

On the post of Josie for Saint Patrick’s Day, someone commented they must be keeping this information low key because of him being a politician.

🤣😂🤣

I guess they're leaving out the part of Jed being a 22 year old unemployed dude, who has never held an elected position.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is interesting. So Katey lives with her dad?

I think I'd freak out if I had an ex who had custody of my kid(s) and then became Fundy. Does anyone have any details on Katey's mom?

All I've ever seen is that his first wife's name was/is apparently Kim. That's who Kory was coupled with in his mother's 2004 obituary, at any rate.  As far as I've seen, what happened to the marriage remains a mystery to us snoops. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1

https://embassymedia.com/media/lesson-090-seeking-ancient-paths

Went down the rabbit hole and found a link to a video with Kory Nakatsu. But this Embassy Media thing - is it basically the virtual version of IBLP/ATI? The Duggars and Bates are mentioned as speakers. 

The contact number has a 903 area code, which is Texas (just outside of the DFW metroplex)...so could be near Big Sandy.

ETA: Katey's father Kory has two mothers who passed away? Maybe one is a stepmother.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/charlotte/obituary.aspx?pid=152796545

Minnie Evelyn Moore
Minnie Moore, 81, of Charlotte, died July 25, 2011 in Mesa, AZ.
Viewing will be Tuesday, August 2, 2011 10:00 am, followed by a memorial service at 11:00 am, Providence Presbyterian Church, 10140 Providence Church Ln, Charlotte, NC.
Born in Matthews, NC, Evelyn was the daughter of the late John and Vandelia Moore.
She is survived by son Kory Nakatsu, grandchildren Katie and Lauren Nakatsu, nephews Britt and Scott West, as well as other family and friends who will miss her dearly.

http://obits.arizonagravestones.org/view.php?id=8219

Elsie Elaine Nakatsu

Posted 2009-05-08 by Pat Wilson

The Arizona Republic, Phoenix, Arizona
December 29, 2004

Elsie Elaine Nakatsu, 69, of Mesa, AZ, died peacefully at home surrounded by loved ones on Dec. 27th. Elsie was born June 1, 1935 in East Liverpool, Ohio. She is survived by children, Kory and Kim Nakatsu, Jaimie Nakatsu, brother Sonny Smith, sister Dorma Jean Potts, grandchildren Jamie, Reed, Katelyn, Tyler, and Lauren.

A memorial service Thursday, Dec. 30, 2004 at Melcher Chapel of the Roses, 43 South Stapley Dr., Mesa, AZ. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Trinity Hospice, 5314 N. 12th St., Phoenix, AZ 85014.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

This is what I found:

A Kim Nakatsu is a Patient Access Rep. at Scottsdale Healthcare in Scottsdale, Arizona.

A Frank Carrol Roberts, DOB 1966, possible relative of Kim, was arrested in AZ for marijuana possession a couple of years ago.

Her maiden name is possibly Flanigan.

• Useful 6
17 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

https://embassymedia.com/media/lesson-090-seeking-ancient-paths

Went down the rabbit hole and found a link to a video with Kory Nakatsu. But this Embassy Media thing - is it basically the virtual version of IBLP/ATI? The Duggars and Bates are mentioned as speakers. 

The contact number has a 903 area code, which is Texas (just outside of the DFW metroplex)...so could be near Big Sandy.

Yeah, Embassy Media is the Gothard media-sales arm. .....It's kind of a rebranding attempt. 

But if you dig into the merchandise on the site you discover that the biggest-selling stuff they have is all of Gothard's old lectures. 😁

You can ban the Gothard from visiting the cult, but you can't drag the cultists away from the Gothard. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't know about Katey's mother, but Pa Nakatsu sold his business and is retired. Katey is also a pilot.

Kory Nakatsu is on LinkedIn. His profile doesn't show him as owning any businesses.

He describes himself as retired with this summary intro: "Experienced sales professional with 25+ years of IT industry sales success in key technology areas such as database, enterprise networking, Big Data analytics, and cloud computing solutions."

His profile shows one employer: Cisco, with a total of 23 years and 3 months there as a Global Account Manager, first for Intel and then for American Express (big customers!). All of it was stated as in the Phoenix area. He retired in October 2020. The profile is a little bare-bones with no education stated, and he doesn't have a lot of connections. He does have a nice headshot and his header photo is a nice photo of a small plane in the air over rugged SW red rock terrain (maybe it's his plane). The only activity other than the Cisco job that's listed is his volunteer work since 2018 as a pilot for Angel Wings West. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is what I found:

A Kim Nakatsu is a Patient Access Rep. at Scottsdale Healthcare in Scottsdale, Arizona.

A Frank Carrol Roberts, DOB 1966, possible relative of Kim, was arrested in AZ for marijuana possession a couple of years ago.

Her maiden name is possibly Flanigan.

Uh-oh. You've joined the snoop crew! Soon we'll have to start frequenting the reddit threads. 

I think her maiden name was Kimberly I. Flanigan. That seems to be the variant that turns up most often. 

I also found one reference to a related name for her being Kimberly Roberts. So it's possible Frank was a first or a second husband. 

Kory's second wife's maiden name appears to have been Kerry A. Sheppard. 

Dunno when Kory N joined up with Gothard, but he was married to Kerry and they were obviously members-in-good-standing of the Gothard crew by early 2015, anyway. At that time they were already "sweet friends" that Gil and Kelly visited in Arizona. 

From the Bates blog -- 
"A few years ago, we decided to take turns taking one or two of our children along with us on special trips in order to spend quality time together. This year, we decided to take Nathan & Tori with us to Arizona. We took a train ride to the Grand Canyon, where we stayed the night. We visited the home of some sweet friends, Kory & Kerry Nakatsu (www.abidingradio.org),  and toured Goldfield Ghost Town and Tortilla Flat together for some beautiful sightseeing and fun! Needless to say, it was one incredible and packed adventure!!!"

at February 12, 2015 No comments: 

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/

ETA: Have I mentioned that I may hate "sweet friends" even more than I hate "seasons of life"? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Uh-oh. You've joined the snoop crew! Soon we'll have to start frequenting the reddit threads. 

I think her maiden name was Kimberly I. Flanigan. That seems to be the variant that turns up most often. 

I also found one reference to a related name for her being Kimberly Roberts. So it's possible Frank was a first or a second husband. 

His second wife's maiden name appears to have been Kerry A. Sheppard. 

Haha. I've only looked at redditt when a link is posted here. I find it confusing. It also seems, to me anyway, that there's more red herrings than fact on there.

• Love 9

There's a Kimberley Nakatsu on LinkedIn. She was a Patient Financial Counselor at Scottsdale Healthcare for a few years but left that job in 2015. Then she was an account manager for West coast sales at ScanSource, a job that ended in May 2019. That's the last entry, but it's also a rather bare-bones LinkedIn profile and she may not have bothered to update it. It does have a photo. It shows her working at one job from 1988 - 1998, then a hiatus (probably for marriage and motherhood) until 2010. A total of four jobs with minimal descriptions of each. 

ETA: If Katey was born in 1998, that would track with Kimberley's leaving the workforce that year. Her return to the workforce in September 2010 ("Marketing and Massage Therapist" at Palmer Natural Health Center) could be related to divorce and the kids growing up.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I realize my storylines are out there, as they're not in hiding. And I'm sure its probably just a run of the mill divorce, but even in current times the children usually end up with the mom or parents share custody.

This isn't nearly as on target as you believe, at least from my observation of family court here.

• Useful 2
17 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Pre-marital (cough) bunk-bed-fun-time (cough)?  I concur.  But the fact that she's marrying a smug 22-year old, bunk-bed sharing, failed politician with a punchable face is questionable.  Are these character traits considered a "catch" in fundie circles?  Were there no other Wonder-bread Duggar boys to choose from?  Or is she just going to be part of the scenery when Jed!2020 becomes Jed!2024?

15 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

If JB wants ratings, there's his ticket.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

This isn't nearly as on target as you believe, at least from my observation of family court here.

I work with a lot of parents. That's how its represented in my little world.

Came back to add, the highest number I could find doing a quick Google search is 25% of dads gain primary custody after a split. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

So Katey comes from money. Boob's and Jed's angles are obvious: healthy coffers to fund Jed's hopeless political campaigns. But what's in it for Katey? She's attractive, young and has plenty of resources to take any path she wants in life. Why saddle herself with the equivalent of soggy Wonder Bread? 

I must say, I am extremely curious as to what led Mr. Nakatsu into the Fundie abyss. Did the Missus run off with another man? An educated, successful professional jumping on the Crazy Train halfway through life doesn't happen for no reason. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15