Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Wonder if Jed! will get to do more with his real-estate license than Joe appears to be doing with his? Because if not, I don't see how he's going to support this bride in the manner to which I expect she's accustomed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder if Jed! will get to do more with his real-estate license than Joe appears to be doing with his? Because if not, I don't see how he's going to support this bride in the manner to which I expect she's accustomed. 

Katey needs to get with it and create an Instagram account where she can be an influencer and shill for Jesus. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

This makes me think of JB saying he lost his campaign bc of “sin in the camp.” Maybe he blames Jed for losing and Biblically Betrothed him to get him back on the straight and narrow. 

The only thing is that Katy seems like a catch... pretty, rich dad, Gothard banana curls, etc.

Does Biblical Betrothal make anyone else think of knowing someone “biblically”? It sounds like a couple who have sex and are basically common law married... not like some weird arranged marriage thing.

I’m not entirely against arranged marriage, because it’s so normal in so many cultures in the world... but to me this also sounds like a bunch of control freak parents continuing to control their kids’ bodies and sex lives for their whole lives. I also think “marriage” means something different in the mainstream West than it does in cultures where arranged marriage is the norm... Hearing about this sort of extremely strict arranged marriage makes me reflect on how couples are expected to relate and how mandatory marriage (and childbearing) is in their culture. 

Edited by rue721
  • Love 8

So, I'm a nominal Christian these days but the date of the wedding is giving me the vapours. To clarify, Duggars: pants wearing, eating bacon and anything LGBTQ+ is an anathema because of a few verses in Leviticus, but celebrating a howler getting to have sex in lieu of the holiest day of the Christian Calendar when all of your focus is supposed to be on how Jesus rose from the dead and saved our sorry asses is just messed up. Hypocrisy, thy name is Duggar. I haven't been in church since Dec 2019 (virtual for C and E) but this still oddly ticks me off. 

• Love 22

I'm a Christian, and while the Saturday before Easter is a bit odd for a wedding, it isn't exactly a day set aside for specific observances. Maybe an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. All of our Holy week services start Palm Sunday and end on Good Friday, then we have a Sunrise Service on Easter Sunday. 

I also know lots of people who married on or near major holidays, including right before or after Christmas,  New Year's Day, and Thanksgiving (that was me, the day before). Usually they are low-key weddings. 

• Love 5

Interesting! All I know about Highfill is XNA is there. That's kind of a creepyass barn. 

One question I have--I saw people listing the name of their wedding venue, but whenever I searched for it, it came up as a Hot Springs church. Is my Google-Fu failing me? Are they going all the way to Hot Springs to get married?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I looked up the registry and it says "no results found".  But from the screenshot above, for the bed it says "contribute" not "add to cart".  It looks like they aren't expecting anyone to buy the bed outright. However, if it is a fake registry, someone was very clever adding the bed, given all the bunk bed talk.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Interesting! All I know about Highfill is XNA is there. That's kind of a creepyass barn. 

One question I have--I saw people listing the name of their wedding venue, but whenever I searched for it, it came up as a Hot Springs church. Is my Google-Fu failing me? Are they going all the way to Hot Springs to get married?

Also, why aren't they getting married in Arizona? Isn't the wedding the bride's family's deal?  (and those who are attending had better hope it is because -- refreshments...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Was it mentioned here, or elsewhere? I don’t recall seeing it.

Actually I found it and searched for it again and there is one in Rogers. That makes more sense. Gospel Light Baptist Church. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Of all the Duggars, Jedidiahs face bugs me the most. Michelles face is a close second, especially when she wears her glasses perched on the end of her nose.They both have a face that's smackable. Repeatedly. 

That’s how I feel about Jeremy too. Just utterly smug and oozing condescension and internal ugliness. 

4 hours ago, Zella said:

Katey needs to get with it and create an Instagram account where she can be an influencer and shill for Jesus. 

I’m sure she’ll get right on that, with great haste!  The other Duggar in-laws seem to be making out well with that scheme. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

So, I'm a nominal Christian these days but the date of the wedding is giving me the vapours. To clarify, Duggars: pants wearing, eating bacon and anything LGBTQ+ is an anathema because of a few verses in Leviticus, but celebrating a howler getting to have sex in lieu of the holiest day of the Christian Calendar when all of your focus is supposed to be on how Jesus rose from the dead and saved our sorry asses is just messed up. Hypocrisy, thy name is Duggar. I haven't been in church since Dec 2019 (virtual for C and E) but this still oddly ticks me off. 

I can’t believe any church agreed to a wedding on Easter.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Actually I found it and searched for it again and there is one in Rogers. That makes more sense. Gospel Light Baptist Church. 

Yes that's what I have to.

7 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I looked up the registry and it says "no results found".  But from the screenshot above, for the bed it says "contribute" not "add to cart".  It looks like they aren't expecting anyone to buy the bed outright. However, if it is a fake registry, someone was very clever adding the bed, given all the bunk bed talk.

The registry is not easy to find. It's hidden by several codes. 

• Love 2
On 3/16/2021 at 1:50 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

WOACB is right! A Redditor figured out the password to the Zola registry, and all the info (and pictures) are there. Hopefully, someone can figure out how to watch (looks like it will be on YouTube). I love me a good fundie wedding! 😁

I wondered earlier about what their password would be and if it would be easy to guess (although I would never do it myself). 

9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Also, why aren't they getting married in Arizona? Isn't the wedding the bride's family's deal?  (and those who are attending had better hope it is because -- refreshments...)

I think I read somewhere her family is from Arizona but they live in Arkansas now. I could be wrong so feel free to correct me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I'm a Christian, and while the Saturday before Easter is a bit odd for a wedding, it isn't exactly a day set aside for specific observances. Maybe an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. All of our Holy week services start Palm Sunday and end on Good Friday, then we have a Sunrise Service on Easter Sunday. 

I also know lots of people who married on or near major holidays, including right before or after Christmas,  New Year's Day, and Thanksgiving (that was me, the day before). Usually they are low-key weddings. 

Most of us are also Christians, and depending on the denomination it absolutely is set aside for specific observances. I started this and I was raised Catholic. In the Catholic church, Holy Saturday is absolutely an important liturgical day for Catholics. It's part of what used to be referred as "Triduum." This tradition has died down a little, but is still practiced by many. The article also lists other traditions that celebrate it.

Obviously we're not the right kind of Christians, but many Christians practice this. It's still weird time to get married even if Holy Saturday as no significance. 

• Love 11

I'm voting Biblically Betrothed Bunkmates.

As far as the wedding occurring on Easter Saturday, it wouldn't be happening in our church, nor would people be likely to request it because it couldn't include music.   We are Lutherans.    Lots of Catholic churches in our area have what they call the blessing of the baskets on Easter Saturday, especially those with heavily Polish or eastern European membership.   People typically bring things like bread, ham, cake, butter and decorated Easter eggs that will be served on Easter to be blessed.

IMO solely from a practical standpoint I can't imagine having your wedding on Easter Saturday, then having to decide if you're going to skip Easter Sunday services or drag yourself out of bed the morning after your wedding to get ready for church. 

• Love 20

For another perspective, I am in Europe, with Roman Catholic Church.

During the lent (I googled it, the 40 days before Easter) there are no church celebrations, i.e. no weddings. Before there were no christening either, but some priests christen babies in this period.

But weddings are not allowed in church. Only after Easter Sunday it is back on.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Most of us are also Christians, and depending on the denomination it absolutely is set aside for specific observances. I started this and I was raised Catholic. In the Catholic church, Holy Saturday is absolutely an important liturgical day for Catholics. It's part of what used to be referred as "Triduum." This tradition has died down a little, but is still practiced by many. The article also lists other traditions that celebrate it.

Obviously we're not the right kind of Christians, but many Christians practice this. It's still weird time to get married even if Holy Saturday as no significance. 

Yes. Since Holy Week really is a week in which believers spiritually re-enact the Passion drama, which is far and away the most important event Christianity has. It's not a week with a brief vacation for a me me me me me me fun event in the middle of it during which you forget the whole thing and everybody watches you you you you and wonders "Will they kiss???" tee hee hee. (yeah, I hate that crap, too...) 

Holy Saturday is the agonizing hours the first Christians experienced between Good Friday and the Resurrection. And starting Saturday evening, there's the Easter Vigil, more or less the official wake. Christ is in the tomb. He hasn't yet arisen. It's about mourning and contemplation of the terrible thing that happened on Good Friday and what that means for you.

Scheduling a wedding party of hundreds of Christians on any day of Holy Week, including Saturday, is akin to scheduling a big Jewish wedding on Yom Kippur.

It's super tone deaf if there's anybody in your circle who actually tries to practice Christianity's holy day rituals in the spirit in which they're intended -- as a means to contemplate and focus on the things they commemorate. But I guess in that it's no different from teaching little kids to recite KJV psalms when they haven't the slightest chance of understanding a single word they're saying. It's pretending you believe things are meaningful but treating them like they're not, without realizing that that's what your actions amount to. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 15

This wedding is so weird. A virtual wedding by anti-maskers, on the second saddest day of the Christian calendar (like OK, at least it's not Good Friday?), held in secret despite the "lucky couple" being a wanna-be politician and the uber-Gothard daughter of one of the wealthiest and most superficially "aspirational" families in their circle. Wut.

• Love 23

To add some gossip

Someone on Pickles found a wedding registry for James Duggar and Sarra Kimble for July 31, 2021. The comments said it was taken down already. And there are more James Duggar in the world, but who knows...

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

So, they just announced this engagement--or it was leaked?--and the wedding is in less than 3 weeks? The day before Easter Sunday? Granted, I was a lapsed Catholic when I was still calling myself Catholic, and I know Catholics are a step below atheists in Duggar circles, but that's weird. So weird that I think there must be something going on besides the typical Duggar tone deafness.

Any bets on when their 8 lb preemie will be born?

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You literally took the words out of my mouth. I once read that Joe Kennedy Sr. pressured JFK to get married, noting that a well-bred wife was essential if he hoped to make a run for President. Circling back to Jed, something about his body language tells me this engagement is nothing more than ticking off a box. Maybe it's the smugness in his expression, but I'm surprised they're not wearing campaign buttons.

I feel like he never changes expressions or poses in any picture I have ever seen of him - almost like he's being cut and pasted into different scenes, like a Colorform.  But he does seem to have that dead-eyed glaze like his brothers, in addition to the extremely punchable face.  What a combo - congrats, Katie.  Hope you have many happy babies years with Jed!

19 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe Katy secretly visited Jed! in the bunk bed house . . .

This is both hilarious and creepy.  I keep picturing Jed! ordering Jeer to the closet during sexytimes, with Jeer peeking out from a crack in the door to watch.

Ironically if this was a televised shotgun wedding, ratings would soar.  Something funny's going on.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I feel like he never changes expressions or poses in any picture I have ever seen of him - almost like he's being cut and pasted into different scenes, like a Colorform.  

Yessss!!!! It reminds me of all the memes last January of a certain political figure wearing a certain pair of outerwear. Different backgrounds, but the same image in each one. Except instead of cute and endearing, Jed looks like a bored, uninterested jerk. 

• Love 14

Two years ago I spent Easter with my sister and her family.  They attend a non-denominational Christian church that is very low church.  I was taken aback that the congregation treated Easter as just another Sunday.  Yes the preacher did mention the Easter miracle in his sermon, but his overall message had nothing to do with Easter.  I guess when you attend a low enough church, Holy Week has little to no meaning for you.  Easter Saturday is just another Saturday for them.  I also think someone wanted to take advantage of getting married on 4-3-21.  The gimmick means more.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Two years ago I spent Easter with my sister and her family.  They attend a non-denominational Christian church that is very low church.  I was taken aback that the congregation treated Easter as just another Sunday.  Yes the preacher did mention the Easter miracle in his sermon, but his overall message had nothing to do with Easter.  I guess when you attend a low enough church, Holy Week has little to no meaning for you.  Easter Saturday is just another Saturday for them.  I also think someone wanted to take advantage of getting married on 4-3-21.  The gimmick means more.

What the what now?   I cannot even wrap my brain around what the purpose of calling myself a Christian would be under these circumstances?

To me I would consider low church meaning not dressing to the nines or focusing on wearing Sunday best or wrapping yourself in a lot of dogmatic ideas.   But if you're not going to focus on the purpose at all, why even practice the faith? 

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

What the what now?   I cannot even wrap my brain around what the purpose of calling myself a Christian would be under these circumstances?

To me I would consider low church meaning not dressing to the nines or focusing on wearing Sunday best or wrapping yourself in a lot of dogmatic ideas.   But if you're not going to focus on the purpose at all, why even practice the faith? 

High church is having a liturgical calendar, vestments, rituals, art, etc.  It's Roman Catholic, Orthodox Christians, and Catholic lite faiths like the Anglican Church, Lutherans, Episcopalians.  Low church means eschewing some or all of those.  It's the preacher preaching what he wants to each week  the Holy Spirit calls him to preach.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5