Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, drafan said:

Horrible picture...and when have any of them, other than Jinger, or possibly Jill, been to a hairdresser?

Looks like she had to call a stylist to get that big-ass brush out of her hair.. I'm not a hair stylist, but i know not to use a brush on wet hair

• Love 6
17 hours ago, drafan said:

Horrible picture...and when have any of them, other than Jinger, or possibly Jill, been to a hairdresser?

Just FYI, that is not a picture but a screenshot of a video (from Jana's Instagram story).

This seems to be a recurrent source of confusion for many people, so PSA: if a screenshot looks weird/unflattering/in motion, it most likely is a screenshot of a video and not an actual picture.

Edited by Pinke
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14

What I don’t understand is why all of them are shilling the same thing. It’s a fair assumption that their respective fan bases overlap, so when they shill the same thing only one of them is going to get the click, which is what makes them any money. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
On 2/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, MargeGunderson said:

What I don’t understand is why all of them are shilling the same thing. It’s a fair assumption that their respective fan bases overlap, so when they shill the same thing only one of them is going to get the click, which is what makes them any money. 

I think their options are limited.  A lot of mainstream companies are not going to want the Duggars shilling their products due to their hateful beliefs.  At least, that is true of any mainstream company whose advertising department is doing their job to vet the internet influencers who promote their merchandise.  So, the Duggars are not exactly turning away potential partnerships.  Even though there is a lot of overlap in their fanbase, I expect some fans have favorite Duggars and are more likely to check their Instagram feed than others.  Also, it has been shown that advertising that saturates the consumer produces more sales; so someone who sees one Duggar shilling a product is less likely to purchase than if they see 3 or 4 different Duggars all touting the same thing.

• Love 7
On 2/13/2021 at 7:14 PM, drafan said:

That’s a screenshot of an Instagram live. The most beautiful and photogenic model could look like a clown if you snapped a shot of them mid insta-story. I sure hope none of my insta-stories get screen captured. I would probably look like I didn’t have a clue!!!😂

Also what @Pinke said above. 

I think we saw Jana getting her hair colored last season. 

• Love 4
On 2/14/2021 at 9:29 PM, Nysha said:

I think Jim Bob and Michelle are attractive people and their girls are all pretty, but all of their boys go from looking 12 until they turn 20-21 when they start looking 35. 

I do think Michelle is photogenic and attractive (naturally). JB not so much. Because socially women do more to enhance their appearance, girls can take “good genes” and raise their appearance several notches with styling etc. Young men don’t have that option in the same way- they are either attractive or they aren’t unless they really develop their physique. 

The Duggar boys aren’t into fitness like that, and their style is limited....add in their attitudes etc I’m not surprised they look bland. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe it's a Picture of Dorian Gray kinda thing.

Impetuous young marrieds JB and M made a bargain with the devil to get their hearts' desire -- to look youngish and sex-ay and fairly attractive forever.

Devil said "Okay, here's my price: You can keep your fair-to-middling relatively youthful looks for life. Your hearts and souls and brains will shrivel and dry up as normal through the years (they haven't that far to go, actually, even now....bwahahaha). But whenever external old-and-ugli-ness appears, I'll take it from you and plaster it onto your sons. Be sure you have lots of them." 

Being the shallow self-absorbed dimwits they are, JB and M said, "Sounds great! Fundie boys don't need looks. There are thousands of desperate fundie girls out there who'll marry anybody."

And so it came to pass. 

And you will have to maintain your early 80s look for the rest of your life, no matter how ridiculous or dated it becomes.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Have the J-boys deployed to TX to save the day? Or maybe they're sledding down the front lawn on old signs as well.

Hopefully they have enough sense to stay away.  If they tried to pull something they would have to deal with a group of cold, tired, irritated and pissed off people who may or may not carry a gun. Usually the Cajun Navy comes over to help,at the moment they have enough things to do in La.) and they seem to be a group of people who do not suffer fools either .

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Have the J-boys deployed to TX to save the day? Or maybe they're sledding down the front lawn on old signs as well.

Funny you mention that.  I had been thinking how in short supply plumbers are going to be for months to come down there -- and given the pandemic not great for a bunch of outsiders to be heading down there.   My answer?   There's a Bates son-in-law with a plumbing business, won't be concerned about the travel -- and has probably already had the virus. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It's not a tropical vacation like they're used to. The Duggar boys don't do cold. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Unless they are taking a vacation to Colorado to snowboard.

And we're all good here for power and everything, so sorry guys, no need to show up to save us. Just keep on visiting for vacations, and don't forget to spend plenty of money here and then go home. Thanks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Has  Mediccorps "deployed" anywhere since they got their charity status and started collecting donations?

Once you're getting regular donations, no need to deploy....Oops, who said that quiet part out loud? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They went to TX for shopping after one of the state's worst weather events? And Magnolia restaurant suffered with burst pipes like many others. 

They probably tossed a few cases of bottles water to the local shelter and wrote off the entire trip.

9 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Also, poor Jana has aged in her face, that tater tot casserole is catching up with her.

Okay, I'm glad someone else noticed. Is Jana getting facial fillers or is age settling on her in a really weird way? She looks totally different. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jana's infatuation with Joanna Gaines is seriously cringeworthy.  However, it was very nice of "Jase" to accompany the couple to TX

It’s probably because of the name Joanna. She can pretend it’s her sister!

• LOL 2

I'm so glad the store sells things like footballs, baseballs, etc. for the manly men that visit, so the women can drop them off in the icky testosterone part of the store while they shop for frilly curtains and such.  Also he looks like a dork standing there holding a football.

And if he's not a chaperone for these two, then why is he there?  What tenet of their faith prevents a Duggar girl and her friend from going shopping together?  His presence there raises a lot more questions than it would if it was just Jana and Laura. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They went to TX for shopping after one of the state's worst weather events? And Magnolia restaurant suffered with burst pipes like many others. 

Everything was closed during the winter storm. Retail businesses lost a lot of money they need to replace. If they were open for business they need customers otherwise employees could have hours reduced and lose money. If the restaurant did not have water they did not open, if they had water they need customers. Having said all of that I will fuss at them for not wearing a mask. If you have no medical or mental health issues that make wearing a mask difficult..WEAR A MASK.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm so glad the store sells things like footballs, baseballs, etc. for the manly men that visit, so the women can drop them off in the icky testosterone part of the store while they shop for frilly curtains and such.  Also he looks like a dork standing there holding a football.

And if he's not a chaperone for these two, then why is he there?  What tenet of their faith prevents a Duggar girl and her friend from going shopping together?  His presence there raises a lot more questions than it would if it was just Jana and Laura. 

maybe they are chaperones for Jase and someone in a courtship. Probably not,. Jana and Laura just needed to travel. Jase is the one that jumped to defend Jana's life. "She travels extensively" or some such. Yep Jana travels to magnolia, she travels with Laura and Pops to vegas, she visited Jing a few times and Medic corps. her extensive travels are family trips and/or TLC scripted filming.

• Love 7