Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Yes Ben was 17 when they met, 18 when they started courting for 11 months and 19 when they got engaged and married (Jessa was a day shy of 22 when they married). 

I am not surprised Justin is courting now. He will be married by 19 for sure (given that they are announcing it an engagement is happening at 18). 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Her mom posted him on her page last November, that's like a 10 month courtship. Definitely waiting for the boy to turn legal to announce an engagement. Lucky for this dumb girl he turns 18 next month. I'm guessing a Christmas wedding and a baby by next September on their 9th monthiversary. 🙃.

They'll need to schedule the wedding for after the bride gets her braces off!

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BOOgen3 said:

Courting at 17. Yes, the Duggar’s do things a little differently but Sweet Baby Jesus! A seventeen year old BOY should be enjoying his senior year of high school or his first year of college or looking forward to his enlistment date (HA!), not looking at 60 or 70 years of marriage as his next step in life. Seriously, WTF is wrong with these people?

Seventeen is too young male or female. I know it's a Boy this time, but it would be no better for a girl.  Girl don't necessarily mature faster. The fundie world has plenty of examples. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

I remember her pictures of sitting in a car outside of Derick’s work waiting for him with James! She always had her buddies over. But I would have people over too if I was in that big house alone all day 

Not me. I love being alone.

• Love 23

This sounds very similar to Josie Bates and her now husband, except Josie was the younger one. They met when Josie was 16 and were told they couldn't date. They "waited for each other", started courting when she was 18, got engaged and then married a couple of months after her 19th birthday.

Since Claire is already 19 and Justin turns 18 in November I'm going with Christmas engagement and Valentine's wedding. Sex is more important than covid or guest list size, although I'm sure they'll find a way to still invite guests in the hundreds and most will show up. 

• Love 5

How many Duggar boys got skipped in the courtship order...the twins?  James?  Jeff?  Job?  Are they supposed to court and marry in birth order, or am I thinking of a Jane Austen novel?  Wouldn't JB be wanting to rassle up a mate for Jed!2020 to make him not look like a weirdo who sleeps in a twin bed next to his brother and uses discarded highway chairs to furnish his bachelor pad?  

This is all so and bizarre.  At least Justin can grow facial hair so we know he's at least partially through puberty. 🤮

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

She looks like she could be his mother. HE IS 17!!! He’s not even grown yet! A 19 year old GIRL dating a 17 year old BOY!! 

They look ridiculous, but is the age difference really a big deal? Would it be ok with you if the genders were reversed?

• Love 7

Is Claire 19 years old? Is it even legal for her to be with a 17 year old?

The whole thing is just so sad. Another couple who will be financially dependent on Jim Bob because they have no education or job history. I really wonder if Justin was pushed into announcing it as a "courtship" to improve the show's ratings. They needed something for the season finale after all.

How can Justin know that she's 'The One' when she's probably the first girl he's been with? 

She's the first girl he's been allowed to look at without someone screaming "Nike" at him.

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Seventeen is too young male or female. I know it's a Boy this time, but it would be no better for a girl.  Girl don't necessarily mature faster. The fundie world has plenty of examples. 

Exactly. Why does it matter which one is younger?

2 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

The whole thing is just so sad. Another couple who will be financially dependent on Jim Bob because they have no education or job history. I really wonder if Justin was pushed into announcing it as a "courtship" to improve the show's ratings. They needed something for the season finale after all.

Legal to date? Yes it is. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

How many Duggar boys got skipped in the courtship order...the twins?  James?  Jeff?  Job?  Are they supposed to court and marry in birth order, or am I thinking of a Jane Austen novel?  Wouldn't JB be wanting to rassle up a mate for Jed!2020 to make him not look like a weirdo who sleeps in a twin bed next to his brother and uses discarded highway chairs to furnish his bachelor pad?  

This is all so and bizarre.  At least Justin can grow facial hair so we know he's at least partially through puberty. 🤮

Yeah, they skipped four -- two 21-year-olds, one 20-year-old, and one 19-year-old.....

And maybe all four of them should be called Job now, since they might feel a little slighted by seeing a 17-year-old move close to hand-sex eligibility before them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

I think they’ll be married within 6 months.

Since the public breakup of Marjorie and Josiah’s courtship, I think the Duggars have only announced courtships when engagement and marriage are imminent. Which is honestly probably for the best, because nobody wants to breakup super publicly like that, let alone as a teenager.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, drafan said:

Until she smiles, and you see that she's still in braces.

Honestly in the picture where she’s showing off her mouthful of braces she looks about 15 to me. (It’s a cute picture in a high school way.) I was surprised she looked older to so many here. 

But looks don’t matter... the fact that they actually ARE teens who’ll be getting married and popping out babies with no education or life experience matters.

(Also, there’s a Justin?)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

She's the first girl he's been allowed to look at without someone screaming "Nike" at him.

Depends on the age of consent in Arkansas or Texas, wherever they get together.  Here in Ohio, the age of consent is 16 which means that it is not illegal for a 16 year old to be with anyone of any age.  Below the age of 16, I am required to ask the young lady the age of her partner but am only required to notify Children's services if the age difference is 4 years or more.  So, a 14 year old can sleep with a 17 year old, or 15 with 18.

No digs on Arkansas or Texas; but I doubt that the age of consent is higher than 16 in either of those states.

ETA: looked it up, the age of consent is 16 in Arkansas and 17 in Texas and the age differential is 3 years in Texas.  In Arkansas, the differential is 3 years if the younger party is under 14, otherwise, the person being charged must be at least 20; so that means the differential can be as much as 5 years and still be legal.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Honestly in the picture where she’s showing off her mouthful of braces she looks about 15 to me. (It’s a cute picture in a high school way.) I was surprised she looked older to so many here. 

But looks don’t matter... the fact that they actually ARE teens who’ll be getting married and popping out babies with no education or life experience matters.

(Also, there’s a Justin?)

I think she just looks older when compared to him, as he looks like he’s  12!

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Depends on the age of consent in Arkansas or Texas, wherever they get together.  Here in Ohio, the age of consent is 16 which means that it is not illegal for a 16 year old to be with anyone of any age.  Below the age of 16, I am required to ask the young lady the age of her partner but am only required to notify Children's services if the age difference is 4 years or more.  So, a 14 year old can sleep with a 17 year old, or 15 with 18.

No digs on Arkansas or Texas; but I doubt that the age of consent is higher than 16 in either of those states.

ETA: looked it up, the age of consent is 16 in Arkansas and 17 in Texas and the age differential is 3 years in Texas.  In Arkansas, the differential is 3 years if the younger party is under 14, otherwise, the person being charged must be at least 20; so that means the differential can be as much as 5 years and still be legal.

The age of consent really only applies to people having sex, though. These kids have simply hung out together (with chaperones).

• Love 12
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How far apart do they live?

If this quote was about an older retired couple, married 50+ years, I would love it. But its odd when applied to two teenagers in 2020.

They say they’re happy just being in one another’s company—she likes to hang out in the shop while he works on his truck, and he likes to be in the kitchen with her while she cooks! In the evenings they enjoy sharing a soda or going out for ice cream.

It sounds also very much like two 13 year olds .

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

The age of consent really only applies to people having sex, though. These kids have simply hung out together (with chaperones).

Yep, and there's obviously no law against that.  I presume the chaperones are concerned that things will get out of hand; maybe he was caught touching her breast or something.  It seems to me this announcement is coming at such young ages because the parental units are worried about letting the relationship continue without a ring on it.   In the real world, JB would be giving Justin a box of condoms and telling him to be careful not to do anything to jeopardize his future and Claire's mom would be taking her to Planned Parenthood and reminding her of all her plans for the future and how important it is to not complicate things with an unexpected pregnancy.

But these are the Duggars, they do things a little differently.  First sign their 17 year old has the hots for an equally hormonal teen girl and it's off to courtship and marriage ASAP.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think she just looks older when compared to him, as he looks like he’s  12!

In the photos above she looks a lot more youthful.

She may have just been trying out a new makeup look for the official courtship photo and it makes her look harsher than she is.

8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes. Socializing is perfectly legal among older teens and younger teens. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, and there's obviously no law against that.  I presume the chaperones are concerned that things will get out of hand; maybe he was caught touching her breast or something.  It seems to me this announcement is coming at such young ages because the parental units are worried about letting the relationship continue without a ring on it.   In the real world, JB would be giving Justin a box of condoms and telling him to be careful not to do anything to jeopardize his future and Claire's mom would be taking her to Planned Parenthood and reminding her of all her plans for the future and how important it is to not complicate things with an unexpected pregnancy.

But these are the Duggars, they do things a little differently.  First sign their 17 year old has the hots for an equally hormonal teen girl and it's off to courtship and marriage ASAP.

They way they are grinning at each other- yeah they’ve made out, and the parents caught them or found out and are scared. So married they must be!

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jesus criminy, this was pre Covid, so he was BARELY 17. Her birthday is in February, so she might have already been 19 here.

But, once again, what if she was the one who'd just turned 17 and he was 19?  Maybe I'm just sensitive to this because I dated a guy who was 17 when I was 19.  He was a year behind me in school and I was 18, he was 17 when we started dating; but it didn't seem unnatural or weird to me and my parents didn't seem to have any issues with it.  He was a mature, responsible guy.  And, of course, I went off to college and he was still in high school and, after less than a year, it died a natural death as we both moved on to other things.  Because I was in college, leading a college life and he was still in high school.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Anyone else think she looks a lot like Jana? Not in every picture, but in at least two of them the similarities are great.

someone in the comments said "she looks just like Jana" or "she looks exactly like Jana"

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, even in high school it’s not unusual for a BYep  senior to take an underclassman to a dance, football game, etc. and without chaperones! A 2 year age difference is nothing to worry about ,especially with no chance of any touching. I’m a bit shocked that anyone here is concerned or surprised by it.

ETA - I can’t get rid of those stupid unicorns! 🤣

image.png

image.jpeg

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I mean- 17 and 19 is fine either way. They are less than 2yrs a part, they are the “same age” developmentally. 

They are both too young to be getting married and that wouldn’t change if she were 17 and he 19. 

Absolutely.  Believe me, there was no thought of marriage even in the distant future when I was dating the 17 year old.  Not on his part, either. We both had other stuff we wanted to do first.  The problem with these families is that the kids have nothing else to look forward to and the only way to significant;y change their lives is to get married and have babies.  All other options are closed to them.

• Love 13

Just curious:  Was Justin in a buddy group?  If so, who was his sister-mom?

The cynic in me (thanks COVID-19) asks, what does it matter if Justin gets married at 18, 21, or 25?  Will his life be any different if joins into a fundie marriage?  Would he really be that much more worldly/experienced/ready at 18, 21, or 25?  His lot in life was determined from birth, it would seem.  He may as well get on with it.  

Now I am cynical and depressed for him!

Edited by CouchTater
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Two teenagers...this is nuts. At least I think this is Justin and Claire’s very own terrible idea and they aren’t being strong armed into it. But he should be asking her to prom, not to get married.

I feel like it really is hard to grow up and find out who you really are and become an independent human being when you’re tied down to a spouse and babies before you’re even legal. I feel bad for these kids.

And I also notice that the activities they like to do “together” don’t involve any talking or even interacting at all 🙃

Sadly as a Duggar it's really hard to grow up and find out who you really are and become an independent human being.  Full stop.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Joe and Kendra married before JD and Abbie.

• Love 1

Justin was in Jessa's buddy group.

so if Justin gets married soon, and if JED! and Jer are actually living in the faux rental house that leaves 26yr Elijah Kaneshiro, Jason, James, Jackson and Tyler in the boys dorm

• Love 1
On 9/20/2020 at 5:10 AM, GeeGolly said:

It does seem that Josh cast a fairly big shadow, especially over JD & Joe. And Josiah seemed to cast a smaller shadow over the younger boys down to Justin, which Jackson photobombed his way out of.

Then there was the golden girls, plus Joy. And then Josie.

To me that shows that Michelle has really been the one heading this supposed patriarchal family.

JD certainly came into his own after Josh was permanently knocked off his throne. I still don't think JB is over his disappointment having 10 boys and the one son who had some political potential screwed it up. 

A really telling scene showing JB's feelings about JD was when JB was describing when JD and Abbie met. Its hard to describe the tone, but it was like JB was surprised JD actually found a love interest and he made JD kind of look like a desperate creep. They were standing in the church, I think in OK, and JB pointed to the spot they met. JB said JD was very smitten right away. JD popped right in and said so was Abbie. JB kind of chuckled and said something like, well yes. It was kind of JD's fuck-you moment.

So here we are, some 5 years after Ashley Madison and 3 sons later, and JB is trying to make Jed! happen. I think JD will try and turn Justin into a politician as well.

The really crazy thing is that at the point JB likely thought Josh was the one with a political future, many of the younger boys were still school age children.   Are we expected to believe that JB could tell at that point that there wasn't any potential at all in the rest?

Even old Joe Kennedy had his dreams dashed when his eldest was killed in WWII and decided he had to pivot if he wanted to capture the White House.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

We also have to keep in mind that they're not "together" in that way anyway. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Justin was in Jessa's buddy group.

so if Justin gets married soon, and if JED! and Jer are actually living in the faux rental house that leaves 26yr Elijah Kaneshiro, Jason, James, Jackson and Tyler in the boys dorm

I'm not casting aspersions on Elijah in any way directly because I know absolutely nothing about him at all.  However, that being said, a 26 year old man who is not their brother sleeping in the same bedroom with minors is a red flag.  This is something this family in particular should be attuned to given past history.  Under ordinary circumstances they would be well-informed about this and have had serious interactions with CPS that would have convinced them to follow accepted safety plans regarding issues like this.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

This girl is a shapeshifter.  In some pics, she looks like Jana.  In some pics, she looks 30.  In some pics, she looks exactly her age. 

All I know about Justin is that he looks the least Duggarish, IMO.  And I forget he exists until he appears on screen.  I do wonder what prompted this particular match instead of pairing her with one of the older boys. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18