Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

There's a Justin? 

That always makes me laugh. Which is better than crying b/c two immature barely-adult people are making a life-altering decision when they're not even allowed to use a phone w/o their parents's permission.

• Love 7

Poor girl, she goes on about the things she likes about him such as seeing the good on others, etc and he went on and on about how he likes so many things about her but he could not seem to mention anything specific.  I bet she feels special.  

• Love 6

How far apart do they live?

If this quote was about an older retired couple, married 50+ years, I would love it. But its odd when applied to two teenagers in 2020.

They say they’re happy just being in one another’s company—she likes to hang out in the shop while he works on his truck, and he likes to be in the kitchen with her while she cooks! In the evenings they enjoy sharing a soda or going out for ice cream.

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Poor girl, she goes on about the things she likes about him such as seeing the good on others, etc and he went on and on about how he likes so many things about her but he could not seem to mention anything specific.  I bet she feels special.  

Right?! He keeps going on and on "I see so many good qualities in her and more every day". Ok, Justin- name one, maybe 2. 

• Love 10

So is this relationship still a "courtship?" If it is, given the gushing statements on SM about it, is there any real difference between this courtship and an engagement? I mean, those two have given away pieces of their hearts and as Michelle used to explain it, they are now used chewing gum as far as finding anybody else to mate with if this thing doesn't work out.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Holy crow...Justin is courting!!!

https://www.tlcme.com/shows/counting-on/articles/justin-duggar-is-courting--

One less lonely J...

"he likes to be in the kitchen with her while she cooks! In the evenings they enjoy sharing a soda or going out for ice cream."

One married-Duggar-guy paunch coming up. And he'll be barely 18 when he gets it. 

4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She looks like a teacher who is dating her student. She does look 30 !

Maybe that's their kink. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
21 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

She’s 19? She looks 30 standing next to him. 

Yeah, if I had to guess her age range based on that photo it would be 28-32 and I’d be leaning towards the older end of the range. Meanwhile he looks like he just started 8th grade. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

There's a Justin? 

He is one odd-looking Duggar, and she looks like his much older sister. Notice that article omits both their ages. 

He looks like no other Duggars. Hmmm... 

• LOL 4
37 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

If it is, given the gushing statements on SM about it, is there any real difference between this courtship and an engagement?

It gives them some time to practice their side hugs before making the lifetime commitment. 

• LOL 8

I have to admit that for once the Duggars have surprised me.  I truly didn't see this one coming at all!  

Edited by lizzie3
nevermind, turns out there are comments on the post!
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So is this relationship still a "courtship?" If it is, given the gushing statements on SM about it, is there any real difference between this courtship and an engagement? I mean, those two have given away pieces of their hearts and as Michelle used to explain it, they are now used chewing gum as far as finding anybody else to mate with if this thing doesn't work out.

I'm guessing they're announcing the courtship now because they're close to getting engaged. I think Josiah's courtship with Marjorie is the only one they ever announce really early*, and we all know how that turned out.

*Jessa's doesn't count because they were outed by Ben's relative.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BOOgen3 said:

Courting at 17. Yes, the Duggar’s do things a little differently but Sweet Baby Jesus! A seventeen year old BOY should be enjoying his senior year of high school or his first year of college or looking forward to his enlistment date (HA!), not looking at 60 or 70 years of marriage as his next step in life. Seriously, WTF is wrong with these people?

And....he's the most sheltered, inexperienced, untrained, uneducated and therefore unskilled-at-virtually-all-life-activities 17-year-old you could ever meet. Such a great idea to marry and immediately start popping out babies when you and your spouse-to-be are in that condition. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

A reminder- several posts have been removed for violating the instructions in the RED box right above the reply box in this thread. Unless and until Jed's campaign is mentioned ON THE SHOW is discussion (directly or indirectly) is not allowed due to our Politics Policy- that includes references to JB's past campaign. Further violations of the directive will result in warnings. 

• Useful 1

The rumor is that the parents are pushing for a marriage sooner rather than later. 19 is an old maid. 

The Spiveys seem to be another set of Stage 5 clingers. I don't get why some of these families are desperate to marry into the Duggars when there are many more prominent IBLP families out there. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The rumor is that the parents are pushing for a marriage sooner rather than later. 19 is an old maid. 

The Spiveys seem to be another set of Stage 5 clingers. I don't get why some of these families are desperate to marry into the Duggars when there are many more prominent IBLP families out there. 

I wonder if they think that the Duggars  have a heckuva lot of money. .... Or if they're just fame whores.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I can’t believe they’re letting a 17 year old boy court! That is way to young, these people are insane. No way is Justin ready to be married and having children, are the courting ones gonna get younger and younger 🤮. I hope this is a long courtship like 2 years at least! 

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder if they think that the Duggars  have a heckuva lot of money. .... Or if they're just fame whores.....

Famewhores definitely why else would anybody be interested in these people. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I can’t believe they’re letting a 17 year old boy court! That is way to young, these people are insane. No way is Justin ready to be married and having children, are the courting ones gonna get younger and younger 🤮. I hope this is a long courtship like 2 years at least! 

Famewhores definitely why else would anybody be interested in these people. 

I think they will announce the engagement around New Years as a wedding in the spring. 

• Love 3

Her mom posted him on her page last November, that's like a 10 month courtship. Definitely waiting for the boy to turn legal to announce an engagement. Lucky for this dumb girl he turns 18 next month. I'm guessing a Christmas wedding and a baby by next September on their 9th monthiversary. 🙃.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No but it appears she made her 1st IG post - 13 minutes ago.

She looks like she could be his mother. HE IS 17!!! He’s not even grown yet! A 19 year old GIRL dating a 17 year old BOY!! 

• Love 3

Two teenagers...this is nuts. At least I think this is Justin and Claire’s very own terrible idea and they aren’t being strong armed into it. But he should be asking her to prom, not to get married.

I feel like it really is hard to grow up and find out who you really are and become an independent human being when you’re tied down to a spouse and babies before you’re even legal. I feel bad for these kids.

And I also notice that the activities they like to do “together” don’t involve any talking or even interacting at all 🙃

• Love 17

I don't think we'll see a wedding until late spring/early summer if they want the 1000+ guest wedding extravaganza with a parking lot reception.

By that point we'll have at least three upcoming Duggar weddings. 

19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Fame whores I suppose. It's why the Rodlets are probably going to fare better because of David Waller's connections to IBLP. JRod's aspirations for a Duggar in-law weren't necessarily pragmatic.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

They look like middle school drama club members.

Between her braces and his acne, they look like they are posing for a picture before heading out to the big 8th grade dance.  

9 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

She looks like she could be his mother. HE IS 17!!! He’s not even grown yet! A 19 year old GIRL dating a 17 year old BOY!! 

Um....so what's the gist on the legality of this scenario for fundies?  She's an adult and he's not.  Is that decent?  Or is age just a pesky number that has to climb to a certain level before one's parents can start shopping and advertising?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Between her braces and his acne, they look like they are posing for a picture before heading out to the big 8th grade dance.  

Um....so what's the gist on the legality of this scenario for fundies?  She's an adult and he's not.  Is that decent?  Or is age just a pesky number that has to climb to a certain level before one's parents can start shopping and advertising?

Fundies seem not too bothered by silly things like laws and such, I don't think they care if he's reached legal majority.  They declare manhood whenever it suits their agenda.  That's how Smuggar got away with molesting his sisters at only 14 years old while his younger brother is courting at 17.  Remember, they do things a little differently and, back in Biblical times, people got married young.   Mary was an unwed teen mother, after all until Joseph made an honest woman of her.  I've heard estimates that she was about 14 most likely.  If Jesus' own mother could get married at 14, no problem with a 17 year old marching down the aisle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4