Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Do Duggar girl usually wear that kind of high heels? I actually don't remember seeing them in heels before

I believe some starting wearing heels around the time of Jill's wedding. Jinger wears heels more than the others.

8 hours ago, floridamom said:

This is the best Jana has ever been dressed and she's looking away from the camera. She has on actual, grown up dress shoes too.

To me, it looks like something I'd see on my feed from that person's partner as an example of their effortless beauty or whatever. Like the partner can't stop looking at how lovely their partner is, just before the partner turns and catches them and laughs. Basically part of a romcom.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

You dress and heels are from a THRIFT SHOP....right?

well the duggars are rich and famous now so they do things a little different than the different they used to to do. unmarried spawn can have socaial media if  brings in a few bucks,

all the younger guys wear custom tee shirts for a duggar business in every pic. JB and the m kids wear under armor in almost every pic. they haven't been to a thrift shop in years. for all the girls night shopping at whatever consignment/resale store. we never see pics of the kids in those things. we see under armor, the ugly m girl dresses, things that match every other kid in the family. i think they load up those carts and then buy nothing

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Glad to see Abbie’s wearing pants or shorts, and her in-laws haven’t convinced her that pants are evil.

I wonder if she does so around JB and M, or if she keeps it out of their sight?  Wouldn't surprise me if she gets a "gentle talking to" from M and John is confronted by JB about the perils of such behavior.

• Love 2

and it would bring in viewers and ratings - i would watch jed  and jeer courting each other - they already have their sister's old twin beds in their bedroom as seen on teeveee so it could be interesting

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
Just now, crazy8s said:

and it would bring in viewers and ratings - i would watch jed  and jeer courting each other - they already have their sister's old twin beds in their bedroom as seen on teeveee so it could be interesting

I feel like SNL has done this sketch more than once

Best Friends GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel like SNL has done this sketch more than once

Best Friends GIF by Saturday Night Live

if they could have filmed lawson and Nathan bates staying "in a rental house in arkansas while doing flight training" it would have been gold for ratings. jed and jeer in the sisters old twin beds and law and nathan in the bunk bed in the other room

• LOL 11
On 9/7/2020 at 7:35 AM, floridamom said:

This is the best Jana has ever been dressed and she's looking away from the camera. She has on actual, grown up dress shoes too.

It's a prairie dress. Probably "maternity friendly" too.

The heels are cute, but knowing they're from Old Navy, my feet hurt just looking at them.

• Love 8

I'm curious to see who the twin on the right (Jeremiah? I don't care) ends up with. I think he's the handsomest Duggar boy by far...not that there is a ton of competition. I thought Joe was also really cute and wonder if he'd still have ended up with Kendra if they both lived in the real world and met.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jana remembering MEDICCorps' stint in the Bahamas. She forgets the part about her brothers and the Bates boys flashing guns and useless badges to intimidate the locals 

I reminded her in the comments!  

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

I think JB once said incest should be punishable by death. (This was a long time ago when he was running for office.) 

@Churchhoney Since you were following his campaing, I bet you remember something about this. 

As for a courtship, I think it will be Jeremiah. However I'm not sure where the article is from and it may not be accurate. Since Jed/Jer are the oldest single sons, it seems more logical that it would be one of them. I wouldn't be surprise if Jason or James though. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

I think JB once said incest should be punishable by death. (This was a long time ago when he was running for office.) 

Yes he did! I'd have to dig around, but I am pretty sure his old campaign website is archived and says that. This was literally while the molestation scandal was going on. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

@Churchhoney Since you were following his campaing, I bet you remember something about this. 

As for a courtship, I think it will be Jeremiah. However I'm not sure where the article is from and it may not be accurate. Since Jed/Jer are the oldest single sons, it seems more logical that it would be one of them. I wouldn't be surprise if Jason or James though. 

Yeah, I remember. As @Zella says, it was posted on his website -- part of his platform, basically. So it's still out there somewhere in the Internet Archive....Hard to figure what was going on in his big squirrelly head about that, considering the circumstances. ... 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I remember. As @Zella says, it was posted on his website -- part of his platform, basically. So it's still out there somewhere in the Internet Archive....Hard to figure what was going on in his big squirrelly head about that, considering the circumstances. ... 

I don't think JB (or Michelle) have ever believed that what darling Josh did was rape or incest of any form.  I think they kind of vaguely acknowledged that the victims didn't like it, but to the public they definitely tried to paint a picture of "very little harm, very little foul".  

However, I completely believe that had this happened in a different family who didn't agree with his beliefs, and JB heard about it, he would be the loudest protester, demanding that the perpetrator be publicly hanged, drawn and quartered in the town square.

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I don't think JB (or Michelle) have ever believed that what darling Josh did was rape or incest of any form.  I think they kind of vaguely acknowledged that the victims didn't like it, but to the public they definitely tried to paint a picture of "very little harm, very little foul".  

However, I completely believe that had this happened in a different family who didn't agree with his beliefs, and JB heard about it, he would be the loudest protester, demanding that the perpetrator be publicly hanged, drawn and quartered in the town square.

Their eldest son actually laying his hands on his sisters, and others, for sexual gratification is "very little harm, very little foul".   Yet teenage Michelle mowing her lawn in a bikini is defrauding?

Moral relativism much?

• Love 18
51 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Their eldest son actually laying his hands on his sisters, and others, for sexual gratification is "very little harm, very little foul".   Yet teenage Michelle mowing her lawn in a bikini is defrauding?

Moral relativism much?

Remember that it’s always the female’s fault for tempting the male according to Gothard and his teachings, though. Notice how the girls were locked into their rooms at night as a result, when it would make more sense for the perpetrator to be locked in. I’m sure that no matter what Jim Boob said about punishing rapists, he would shame the victims as well. That’s not limited to people with his belief set of course (just look at how rape victims are treated) but unless the victim was the Virgin Mary herself I’m sure JB would be wondering if her dress was too short or if she had a sip of wine. Moral of the story - don’t go looking for logic and consistency here, there’s none to be found.

• Love 9

Blaming the victim is common scenario. I remember reading how one rapist got acquitted because the victim wore red panties. That was in Texas I think many years ago.

JB would excuse/protect his male offspring no matter what. Josh should have went to a real jail. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Yeah, that'd be my guess, too. They're more of the blaming variety than of the taking-responsibility variety, I think. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Remember that it’s always the female’s fault for tempting the male according to Gothard and his teachings, though. Notice how the girls were locked into their rooms at night as a result, when it would make more sense for the perpetrator to be locked in. I’m sure that no matter what Jim Boob said about punishing rapists, he would shame the victims as well. That’s not limited to people with his belief set of course (just look at how rape victims are treated) but unless the victim was the Virgin Mary herself I’m sure JB would be wondering if her dress was too short or if she had a sip of wine. Moral of the story - don’t go looking for logic and consistency here, there’s none to be found.

I know, I was just pointing out the blatant and obvious hypocrisy.  Completely disgusting.

13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Blaming the victim is common scenario. I remember reading how one rapist got acquitted because the victim wore red panties. That was in Texas I think many years ago.

JB would excuse/protect his male offspring no matter what. Josh should have went to a real jail. 

I work in the court system.  I'm smacked in the face repeatedly with the almost impossible uphill slog it is for victims of sexual assault to be heard and receive justice -- and the unbelievable strength it takes to essentially be victimized all over again because the process is so unbelievably horrific.  The accused has lots of cover owing to due process rights under the Constitution, which is a necessary and valuable piece of our justice system for sure.  However, almost nothing is off limits regarding the privacy and rights of victims, a factor that is repeatedly and calculatingly used by the defense almost without restraint.  Rape Shield laws are virtually useless and paper thin in a courtroom.

I firmly believe a lot of this is because things are still largely male dominated, with women as the victims most of the time, and somehow women are always discounted.   I do have to say that male victims of sexual assault are very rarely believed, almost never heard and generally humiliated horribly in the process as well, simply down to the fact of the belief that a man should be strong enough to fight back if it was really assault.  

If anyone ever has someone confide to you they've been sexually abused or assaulted, please set aside any skepticism, any judgmental thoughts, any I told you so's, etc.  If the only way you're comfortable responding is with a (gentle) listening ear, stick with that. 

• Love 18

not a real estate license for sure since JB and Joseph are the only Duggars listed as having a current license.

the only thing we have seen from JED! is he went with Joy to that week long internship thing in the Arkansas state house years ago

and then of course the car lot, where he has a keyboard and guitars in his office

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I read on FJ yesterday that Jed's business license on Champion Cars had expired. 

Oh, no. Where will they put the musical instruments and the large Christmas decorations?  Or did it just pass into the hands of another Howler, the way I guess it passed before from Josh to Jed!? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, no. Where will they put the musical instruments and the large Christmas decorations?  Or did it just pass into the hands of another Howler, the way I guess it passed before from Josh to Jed!? 

i think some of the same musical instruments were nicely posed on one of the beds in JED! and Jeer's home tour as seen on teevee.

have set you all up for the easy jokes on instruments on the bed so have at it😁

• LOL 14