Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, floridamom said:
On 3/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, floridamom said:

This group of people have a lot of nerve going to a country like Greece and attempting to 'change' them in to Christians, which they already ARE. Why do they continually pick on Christian religions? If they want to convert anyone, why don't they concentrate on faiths that are not Christian or don't claim to be Christian? They also have the nerve to go sightseeing in this beautifully historic and RELIGIOUS nation and enjoy what their culture has to offer? I'm sure they enjoyed the ancient architecture there and beautiful scenery not to mention their great food. These are the things that make the Greeks GREEK, which, of course, is the culture, which this little idiot says they're wrongly 'steeped in'.

Does this make any sense to you? Not to me. What is even more sad is that this little immature girl picked up this attitude from most likely a fully grown adult. 

What’s truly ironic is that the Orthodox Church identifies themselves as the original church founded by Christ. The Catholic Church split from them in the 11th century. The service is beautiful, however many churches in the US are held in their native languages. I’m Serbian Orthodox, so half of the service is in Serbian, making it difficult for the non-Serb to follow. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, there are plenty of non-Christians in the US who SPEAK ENGLISH. Why don’t they try to “convert” them?

I certainly welcome them to try and "convert" me.  Anytime. Anyplace.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Jana is as dull as ditchwater, and just as indoctrinated as anyone in that family. If that was the motivation behind her getting Insta, it certainly succeeded. Quite a few post smack nothing short of desperation, as in "fundy maid for sale" as well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Aaaannnnd....they got Jana selling shampoo, now.Screenshot_20190317-115456_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.ad9a1122557d60b19befe85b720c871d.jpg

The funny thing about all this to me is that it's not really going to work for more than about 5 minutes once the show finally goes off the air. Their fame will fade nearly instantly. So since I assume they're doing it to bring in a little extra cash in anticipation of that day (which can't be too many years down the line now....can it? can it? argh...), it's going to be of very little use to them, really, seems to me.

And I'm not sure how well it works now, even, considering that a fairly large chunk of the people who watch them are hate watchers. Few or none of whom is likely to be inspired to buy stuff because Jana or Jingle or Whoever-else Duggar recommends it.  

I suppose that's why each one seems to be lining up more and more companies to pitch for. .... They need all the shilling they can get.

Wonder who had the original idea to do this. 

And how much the social-media consultant is costing them. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The funny thing about all this to me is that it's not really going to work for more than about 5 minutes once the show finally goes off the air. Their fame will fade nearly instantly. So since I assume they're doing it to bring in a little extra cash in anticipation of that day (which can't be too many years down the line now....can it? can it? argh...), it's going to be of very little use to them, really, seems to me.

And I'm not sure how well it works now, even, considering that a fairly large chunk of the people who watch them are hate watchers. Few or none of whom is likely to be inspired to buy stuff because Jana or Jingle or Whoever-else Duggar recommends it.  

I suppose that's why each one seems to be lining up more and more companies to pitch for. .... They need all the shilling they can get.

Wonder who had the original idea to do this. 

And how much the social-media consultant is costing them. 

My incredibly brilliant extremely verbose original reply was lost.  How sad.

Short version, from what I have read for other reasons, from very credible sources, is that if you are not in the very top percent of ALL "influencers," at the very best, they might earn a few hundred a month, until the bloom fades.  If they actually have an agent, subtract the commision. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Not surprised they highlighted Jill, Josiah, and Jinger. Surprised they featured Jason. 

On the flip side, I think the ones most likely to stay are Joe and Joy. And Jessa, as long as the show exists.

whoa - that wasn't the article i thought i was posting. it was a very recent one with one of the twin boys in a 'relationship' with joe's wife's sister....cant think of joe's wife's name to save my life right now.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Aaaannnnd....they got Jana selling shampoo, now.Screenshot_20190317-115456_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.ad9a1122557d60b19befe85b720c871d.jpg

Wouldn't this be a more effective sales pitch if her hair looked clean during it? Or is this the before picture?

Overall I'm picking up on a sense of quiet desperation among the Duggars right now; they seem to be shilling everything but the kitchen sink.

Edited by Vaysh
word order
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

OK. I did some research and I've seen multiple sources talking about Jason Duggar and Lauren Caldwell, all posted within this past week. They're all tabloid type sources and for all I know they're copying each other, but why would multiple sources be suddenly interested in Jason of all Duggars? Supposedly Jason and Lauren were close on their mission trip in Greece, and they were in the pictures that Anna took when the Duggars picked up Jenni Hartono from the airport. I will state that it is strange for Lauren C. to be hanging out with the Duggars when no other Caldwells were present, not even Kendra.  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

OK. I did some research and I've seen multiple sources talking about Jason Duggar and Lauren Caldwell, all posted within this past week. They're all tabloid type sources and for all I know they're copying each other, but why would multiple sources be suddenly interested in Jason of all Duggars? Supposedly Jason and Lauren were close on their mission trip in Greece, and they were in the pictures that Anna took when the Duggars picked up Jenni Hartono from the airport. I will state that it is strange for Lauren C. to be hanging out with the Duggars when no other Caldwells were present, not even Kendra.  

But no other Duggars were present on the trip to Greece either. 

The mission trip was sponsored by Caldwell's church, the Duggars are members, and it seemed to be targeted towards very young adults. The make up of the "missionaries" isn't that big of a deal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

The positives: I like Jana's makeup and top. 

I don't like her eyebrows though. 

She seems to be jumping on the bold eyebrow bandwagon, but it isn't quite working for her.  

Alyssa Bates Webster is doing the same thing and it is extremely distracting.  It looks like she has two caterpillars over her eyes in some of her Instagram posts. 

Some women, especially those with smaller faces, just can't pull that look off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

She seems to be jumping on the bold eyebrow bandwagon, but it isn't quite working for her.  

Alyssa Bates Webster is doing the same thing and it is extremely distracting.  It looks like she has two caterpillars over her eyes in some of her Instagram posts. 

Looks terrible on Anna too.

8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

That shampoo is rumored to be quite pricey. 

Oh, but they’re so frugal, right?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

In my old lady opinion, nobody can pull that eyebrow look off.

NOBODY

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

In my old lady opinion, nobody can pull that eyebrow look off.

NOBODY

I don't actually mind the bold and bushy eyebrow look, though I do agree that it takes a certain type of face to really pull it off, and it definitely doesn't work with more delicate features. It worked for Brooke Shields back in the day, and seems to cycle in and out of fashion based on whether a current supermodel or such really makes it a trademark.

I kind of hope bushier brows are in when my granddaughter gets to the age that she will have to worry about it, though, as she totally has her daddy's eyebrows, and he looks quite a bit like Shia Leboeuf, especially around the eyes. Google a photo if you can't picture him. 

My granddaughter may be totally adorable, but someday those eyebrows might be her bane. Or she might get lucky and look like Audrey Hepburn. She does have the big brown eyes for it 🙂

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I had my eyebrows plucked once eighteen years ago and otherwise my eyebrows au naturale. @Jynnan tonnix I hope when your granddaughter is older eyebrows are back to being an unimportant body part/feature. 

Topic: I'm getting ads for Jana's pricey shampoo. Jana's instagram account seems to be mostly for selling stuff.

• Love 8
On 3/17/2019 at 7:47 PM, 3 is enough said:

If she is, she's missing the boat completely. The bold eyebrow thing is about actual eyebrows, not drawn-on eyebrows. She may have very whispy, or light colored eyebrows, but all I can see is eyebrow pencil -- a lot of eyebrow pencil. That's not a look, that's just sad.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't actually mind the bold and bushy eyebrow look, though I do agree that it takes a certain type of face to really pull it off, and it definitely doesn't work with more delicate features. It worked for Brooke Shields back in the day, and seems to cycle in and out of fashion based on whether a current supermodel or such really makes it a trademark.

I kind of hope bushier brows are in when my granddaughter gets to the age that she will have to worry about it, though, as she totally has her daddy's eyebrows, and he looks quite a bit like Shia Leboeuf, especially around the eyes. Google a photo if you can't picture him. 

My granddaughter may be totally adorable, but someday those eyebrows might be her bane. Or she might get lucky and look like Audrey Hepburn. She does have the big brown eyes for it 🙂

I think her chances are good especially if she doesn’t think she needs to use eyebrow pencil.  I have naturally good if large eyebrows myself which I never bother penciling, and on the rare occasions I tidy them up, the beautician thinks I groom them regularly.  ‘No; it’s just genetics.’

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I think her chances are good especially if she doesn’t think she needs to use eyebrow pencil.  I have naturally good if large eyebrows myself which I never bother penciling, and on the rare occasions I tidy them up, the beautician thinks I groom them regularly.  ‘No; it’s just genetics.’

Same here. 

Thank you, nature. 

• Love 4
On 3/17/2019 at 12:58 PM, Lunera said:

That's the same stuff Anna is shilling.  The shampoo is $36 for a 16oz bottle.  No clue how much the conditioner is.  I didn't look as I was too busy picking myself up off the floor in amazement.  No way those cheap-ass freaks pay that much, even if they only shampoo once a week.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, leighdear said:

That's the same stuff Anna is shilling.  The shampoo is $36 for a 16oz bottle.  No clue how much the conditioner is.  I didn't look as I was too busy picking myself up off the floor in amazement.  No way those cheap-ass freaks pay that much, even if they only shampoo once a week.  

I looked it up and the $36 gets you both shampoo and conditioner.  It's not any more expensive than salon brands like Living Proof or Pureology.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I looked it up and the $36 gets you both shampoo and conditioner.  It's not any more expensive than salon brands like Living Proof or Pureology.  

My mistake, but the $36 gets you only 8oz of each.  $50 gets you 16 ozs. of each.  

https://www.functionofbeauty.com/order/pick_a_size/

And the words "Salon Brands" have never to my knowledge ever been used by a single member of this family.  FFS, they buy used shoes.  I will never believe they purchase and use any of these products on a regular basis.  Suave and Walmart's Equate brand?  Damn right.  

I believe they take the free stuff to make the fake "testimonials".   YMMV.  

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, leighdear said:

My mistake, but the $36 gets you only 8oz of each.  $50 gets you 16 ozs. of each.  

https://www.functionofbeauty.com/order/pick_a_size/

And the words "Salon Brands" have never to my knowledge ever been used by a single member of this family.  FFS, they buy used shoes.  I will never believe they purchase and use any of these products on a regular basis.  Suave and Walmart's Equate brand?  Damn right.  

I believe they take the free stuff to make the fake "testimonials".   YMMV.  

While I agree that the family is trying to rake in the cash with sponsored social posts, I can see where Jana would look to using a better shampoo than Suave.   The shampoo she is selling is sulfate-free and most Walmart brands especially the cheap ones are full of sulfates.  Sulfates can wreck your hair especially if you also use heat to style.  If we see Janas hair looking better in future posts, then she is using the products she is shilling.  She still needs a hair cut though.

• Useful 3
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I agree that the family is trying to rake in the cash with sponsored social posts, I can see where Jana would look to using a better shampoo than Suave.   The shampoo she is selling is sulfate-free and most Walmart brands especially the cheap ones are full of sulfates.  Sulfates can wreck your hair especially if you also use heat to style.  If we see Janas hair looking better in future posts, then she is using the products she is shilling.  She still needs a hair cut though.

Jana's had YEARS to use decent shampoo.  The woman is almost 30.  This shilling now reeks of desperation.  

And Walmart has loads of inexpensive, sulfate-free shampoos. Maybe not Equate, but I was being a bit facetious.... 

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/sulfate-free-shampoo?cat_id=0&facet=category%3AShampoos||ib_ingredient_preference%3ASulfate-Free&ps=40&sort=best_seller

And now I'm officially bored with their hair.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

All I will say re: the shampoo is that the spender brands seem to last forever since you (I) only need a tiny bit to lather up.  Cheap ones need more product to do the same thing.  At least that is my experience.  As far as the Duggars, you know I think their beliefs are awful.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

All I will say re: the shampoo is that the spender brands seem to last forever since you (I) only need a tiny bit to lather up.  Cheap ones need more product to do the same thing.  At least that is my experience.  As far as the Duggars, you know I think their beliefs are awful.

But I was under the impression that sulfate free shampoos don't lather at all.  I don't know since I just use Dove moisturizing shampoo or Garnier fructus.  My hair is shiny and looks healthy mostly because I eat good food.  The Duggars' hair always looks damaged to me.

I agree that Jana looks desperate.  By now, she should have finished her education and had a decent job.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, louannems said:

But I was under the impression that sulfate free shampoos don't lather at all.  I don't know since I just use Dove moisturizing shampoo or Garnier fructus.  My hair is shiny and looks healthy mostly because I eat good food.  The Duggars' hair always looks damaged to me.

I agree that Jana looks desperate.  By now, she should have finished her education and had a decent job.

They don't lather in the same way as traditional shampoos, but they do get your hair clean.  I used to have to wash my hair everyday with sulfate shampoos because they were stripping my hair and causing my scalp to produce more oil.  I've been sulfate-free for the past few years and I can tell a difference.  I wash my hair every other day and probably could go longer if I wanted.  To stay on topic,  the Duggar girls all desperately need a major haircut, their hair is beyond the help of any product.  If you are going to go from perms to straight hair, you need to cut off all the hair that was ever permed.  They need feet cut off so they can start fresh.  If they began to use better hair products then they could grow healthy hair.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They don't lather in the same way  They need feet cut off so they can start fresh.  If they began to use better hair products then they could grow healthy hair.

I agree that's their biggest problem. They could use the most expensive shampoo on the market and their hair will still look like shit because 60% of it is dead ends. Even when Jessa got that blow-out done, her hair still looked flat because Danielle probably had to laden it with a ton of product to give it the appearance of health. They need good cuts, immediately. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, louannems said:

Ah, but she's a woman. And a Duggar. Which means both those things are not only abominable in God's sight but wholly unnecessary. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, louannems said:

Let me clarify - a small amount to clean the hair.  I have some that don't lather, but, it still takes just a tiny bit and  my hair is almost shoulder length.

We think it is a shame about Jana - she might think she is very content with her life just the way it is.

• Love 7

I think even if they used the most expensive and best-quality haircare products, their hair will always look damaged since they don't chop off all their split ends and stuff like that. 

Oh just saw a bunch of other people saying the same thing. LOL

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess that doesn't suit the hive-mind, though. So ....cannibalize away, Duggarlings.

That's assuming each Duggar daughter has an independent contractor. 

If JB (or a social media manager he hired) is the one organizing the partnerships and all the money goes into the Duggar pot then it doesn't matter who is doing the schilling, just that the schilling gets done.

• Love 12

So maybe that’s why Jana has a social media presence when she is unmarried. A new career as a “social media influencer”.  🙄

I’m really starting to agree that this whole “influencer’ thing could be harkening  to the impending doom of Counting On.   It seems like this is a mad rush to make cash. 

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Aren't they, uh, sort of cannibalizing each other's followers? I mean, I can't believe that each of the Duggar women has a completely different and unique set of fans numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Seems likely to me that a lot of Duggar followers follow not just one sister but two or three or five. 

The Bates have been shilling Citrus and Lemon for a while now, they frequently feature Carlin and Josie on their Instagram page. Many of their fans are also Duggar fans. If I was really interested in purchasing from them I'd use the discount code from the person who looks good wearing their clothes.

They must have gotten an agent, I don't think these girls are smart enough to compose an email and seek out sponsorships on their own.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I don't think these girls are smart enough to compose an email and seek out sponsorships on their own.

I also don't think they're motivated enough. I'll give Jim Bob and Michelle credit that they had hustle when they were younger. But most of their children are devoid of any sort of ambition, so this concerted of an effort has to be organized. 

• Love 15