Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

They are so preaching to the wrong crowd.  Not only are the Orthodox very religious, observing many Holy Days and traditions that Catholics and other Christians don’t observe, they are also very inclusive.  I know of gay couples who could not marry in the church, but have been accepted by the priest when they had their civil ceremony.  Their children have been baptised and the whole family celebrates.  Divorced people have remarried and are still part of the church.  In many ways they are more progressive than the Catholics.  The Fundies have no hope.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LavendarRose said:

They are so preaching to the wrong crowd.  Not only are the Orthodox very religious, observing many Holy Days and traditions that Catholics and other Christians don’t observe, they are also very inclusive.  I know of gay couples who could not marry in the church, but have been accepted by the priest when they had their civil ceremony.  Their children have been baptised and the whole family celebrates.  Divorced people have remarried and are still part of the church.  In many ways they are more progressive than the Catholics.  The Fundies have no hope.

Always good to hear. 

Of course, this bunch of arrogant ignorant little undeserving jerks get a vacation in Greece out of it and a further opportunity to burnish their image of themselves as being better than anyone else.

That kind of grinds my gears. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I know you're not new on this board, so maybe it just slipped your mind, but the way to convert non-English speaking Christians to Christianity is by giving them fingernail polish.

Damn, I keep forgetting about that! 🤣

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, LavendarRose said:

They probably did an hour of preaching and then played tourist for the rest of the time.

It's the fundie way!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I really have no idea what “salvation + grace” is really supposed to mean (despite some research). I doubt these uneducated kids could fully explain it either.

Ephisians 2, v 8 and 9 are my favorite Bible verses.  Guess she considers me an Orthodox fool, rather than a lowly Lutheran.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Basically if you don't follow their narrow little four or five step patter of "accepting Jesus into your heart," that is become a modern evangelical (or fundiegelical) Christian, then you are doomed to hell.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Doesn't Jessa quote Ephesians 2:8-9 on her IG bio? Or is it her Twitter? At any rate, I guess she's wrong too, according to this little twit.

That explains her pouty pregnant SELFIES!  She knows she is saved.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

How dare they cling to their own religion and culture!  As if these fools don’t!  

“Lost in orthodoxy”!  You know her youth group leader just told her that phrase before the trip and she feels big saying it. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I know you're not new on this board, so maybe it just slipped your mind, but the way to convert non-English speaking Christians to Christianity is by giving them fingernail polish.

You win EVERYTHING!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I think these stupid people are steeped in their own brand of "Gothard orthodoxy".  How is that ok? What an insult to the Greek people and their centuries of religious beliefs and traditions. Wow, just too much for me.

• Love 21

So what did these snooty little kids DO for these people besides march around and tell them how wrong they were? Did they feed the hungry? Did they clothe the poor? Did they teach any of these people any useful skills or trades? Go back and sit at the kids table.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

29DEC806-9F75-4F3C-9B4B-3F9F0DB3B585.jpeg

10 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Wow.  What a babbling fool.  

10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I actually find her statement quite offensive.

Good grief. She's so concerned about the "lost in orthodoxy" Greek people that she posts a big photo of herself with her post yakking about it. 

What an obnoxious little twit. I also hope she courts and marries a Duggar. She's telegenic, crass, a total Kool-aid drinker - ratings gold. I would tune in to watch Jessa, or Lauren, cut her down to size. 

• Love 12

Clinging to their religion and culture? You Stupid Bitch.

If Derick is back on the market in a few years he should look this girl up. She's a match made it (the proper) heaven.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Good grief. She's so concerned about the "lost in orthodoxy" Greek people that she posts a big photo of herself with her post yakking about it. 

What an obnoxious little twit. I also hope she courts and marries a Duggar. She's telegenic, crass, a total Kool-aid drinker - ratings gold. I would tune in to watch Jessa, or Lauren, cut her down to size. 

Well,  since more people tuning in to pump cash into Duggar pockets will only ensure that their damaging (to them and to the world) reality-TeeVee presence continues even longer, please, Little Miss Anti-Orthodox Dumb-ass, DO NOT court or marry a Duggar! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Clinging to their religion and culture? You Stupid Bitch.

If Derick is back on the market in a few years he should look this girl up. She's a match made it (the proper) heaven.

Jer says the exact same shit as Derick, by the way. So she'd work for him, too, if he had the need. It's just that Jer has a church and is able to say it there. So he can keep his social media for polishing his image to help the TeeVee ratings.

I'm no Der fan, but I'm weary of Jer and his father being portrayed as different from Der (and his mother) in obnoxiousness of their beliefs and pronouncements. They are the same. Just savvier about the monetary value of hiding it from the general public!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

Jer says the exact same shit as Derick, by the way.

Oh, of course. It's just Derick has gone to other counties to spread his crap, and he may need a new wife sooner than Jer. 😉 Der was wandering around Nepal while Jer was manscaping, preaching the gospel of stupidity, and practicing selfies with a mirror.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I wish I could quote all of you. I am Orthodox and wish I could find her and give her a smack upside the head. Unfortunately if she walked into an Orthodox Church all she would see is " They are worshipping idols" ! No thought or curiosity about what was going on. And yes I would like to see then stand through a full service!

Yes, it's a really shame that they're so closed-minded. I'm not Orthodox, but I became intrigued by the Orthodox church when I was studying Russian history/literature as a teenager. Always thought the services were just stunningly beautiful. 

• Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Wow.  What a babbling fool.  

I agree. I just don't get this judgement. So the Greeks aren't the right type of Christians? Really? I guess God told you exactly what a real Christian is? Stuff like this just pisses me off. What an obnoxious twit. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree. I just don't get this judgement. So the Greeks aren't the right type of Christians? Really? I guess God told you exactly what a real Christian is? Stuff like this just pisses me off. What an obnoxious twit. 

And they are so blessed to be able to interact with the precious refugees. Aren’t these the same type of people who condemn the evil refugees when they come back to the US?

• Love 21
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

29DEC806-9F75-4F3C-9B4B-3F9F0DB3B585.jpeg

I'm pretty it's God's will that the ignorant little twit babbling above marry young to a spouse that can't support their family, gets bogged down with too many babies too quickly, spend her life trying to care for a family with too many mouths and too few resources and has has to try to justify heself to an thoroughly unimpressed God on her Judgement Day. And has not the wit or wisdom to even realize that this small slice of a foreign country is as big as her world will ever be.

I'm truly, angrily offended by this nasty, cloaked-in-sweetness drivel that leaking out of her fingertips and onto social media. 

• Love 23

“I didn’t realize how much it was going to change my life and my view of missions, people, and God’s word.”

I have to say I'm a little curious about what Miss Ionary thought before her trip that has now changed. And whether it was something marginally less offensive than what she articulated in this disgusting post or something even worse....

Or whether none of her views changed one iota and she wrote what she did because this trite piffle is something you're always required to say in her thoughtless religion-for-ignoramuses.

Guessing it's the last one. One of the orthodoxies she clings to and is too dense to notice. 

• Love 13

This group of people have a lot of nerve going to a country like Greece and attempting to 'change' them in to Christians, which they already ARE. Why do they continually pick on Christian religions? If they want to convert anyone, why don't they concentrate on faiths that are not Christian or don't claim to be Christian? They also have the nerve to go sightseeing in this beautifully historic and RELIGIOUS nation and enjoy what their culture has to offer? I'm sure they enjoyed the ancient architecture there and beautiful scenery not to mention their great food. These are the things that make the Greeks GREEK, which, of course, is the culture, which this little idiot says they're wrongly 'steeped in'.

Does this make any sense to you? Not to me. What is even more sad is that this little immature girl picked up this attitude from most likely a fully grown adult. 

• Love 16
(edited)
24 minutes ago, floridamom said:

This group of people have a lot of nerve going to a country like Greece and attempting to 'change' them in to Christians, which they already ARE. Why do they continually pick on Christian religions? If they want to convert anyone, why don't they concentrate on faiths that are not Christian or don't claim to be Christian? They also have the nerve to go sightseeing in this beautifully historic and RELIGIOUS nation and enjoy what their culture has to offer? I'm sure they enjoyed the ancient architecture there and beautiful scenery not to mention their great food. These are the things that make the Greeks GREEK, which, of course, is the culture, which this little idiot says they're wrongly 'steeped in'.

Does this make any sense to you? Not to me. What is even more sad is that this little immature girl picked up this attitude from most likely a fully grown adult. 

I wonder whether their travel itineraries are partly dictated by the fact that in quite a few non-majority-Christian countries Christian missionaries (or missionaries lite or whatever) are viewed with a lot of suspicion....since they'd like to preserve their own cultures and heritages against what may well be white-people's-patronizing-colonialism-pretending-it's-something else.  That would probably be especially true for these "missionaries' who don't actually come to help out with anything but who are just pushy preachy tourists. 

And then of course they already know the general terms of the argument when they're yapping to other Christians. They probably know close to nothing -- more likely nothing, period, now that I think of who this is -- about any other religion. So in those cases they wouldn't even know where to start....Especially since they almost certainly have no language skills, either. 

All in all, going to a Christian country makes for a much more vacation-like "mission" experience, I'm sure. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
23 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Yes, there are plenty of non-Christians in the US who SPEAK ENGLISH. Why don’t they try to “convert” them?

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, there are plenty of non-Christians in the US who SPEAK ENGLISH. Why don’t they try to “convert” them?

Because where else would they get the opportunity to go to a foreign country and take selfies of themselves?

im-helping.jpg

It seems most missionary groups prefer to go outside of the US. I remember a Mormon friend's brother ending up with Washington DC for his mission. He was clearly hoping to go overseas for two years.

I do wonder if Jason is courting one of the young women on the trip though. This is probably the most attention he's gotten since he fell in the orchestra pit.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Well, they do, I think. Some evangelical student organizations try to convert every non-Christian they see, and I think many are heavily engaged in proselytizing to foreign students on their campuses, for example.

But of course you don't get to take a stealth beach vacation that you pretend is actually a hard day of the Lord's work if you go after people who are local.  ;  ) 

Plus, if people speak English you probably have to spend more time actually proselytizing, whereas if you're in a country where you don't speak the language you can just give up quickly and go find a Pizza Hut.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Do we know who this little immature girl is?

5 minutes ago, louannems said:

Do we know who this little immature girl is?

Yes but she made her IG private and took her blog link off her IG bio. I don't know how much information I'm allowed to state on the forum now everything is private but her family just moved to Arkansas. They're tight with the Caldwells.

I am holding out hope she's a Duggar bride-to-be for one of the Howlers. Her captions are so obtuse and she engages openly with "the haters".

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Because where else would they get the opportunity to go to a foreign country and take selfies of themselves?

im-helping.jpg

It seems most missionary groups prefer to go outside of the US. I remember a Mormon friend's brother ending up with Washington DC for his mission. He was clearly hoping to go overseas for two years.

I do wonder if Jason is courting one of the young women on the trip though. This is probably the most attention he's gotten since he fell in the orchestra pit.

When I was back living in Ohio a few years ago, my house must have been near the permanent LDS missionary apartment in town because I was constantly running into the current pair of biking Mormon guys.

I'm a walker. So fairly often I stopped and chatted with them about religion (I think that's all they talk about).  And I usually could steer them away from straight proselytizing and just talk about the nature of god, the meaning of morality and charity and so on. I encountered a few different pairs in the several years I was there, and honestly all the ones I met seemed like pretty nice kids. None of them seemed averse to a philosophical chat.... Of course, I got the feeling they weren't getting many actual chances to convert, so my philosophical chats were better than nothing, I suppose.

They always looked a bit forlorn to me, weaving up and down the streets in search of somebody to proselytize, and way overdressed for biking, even biking with balloon tires. Like characters out of some kinda strange '50s movie. And I guess they really aren't allowed much latitude at all, even in what they do and talk about among themselves in off hours. 

I always thought -- Imagine pulling your post out of the hat and finding out that some people got Buenos Aires or Phuket (or Paris, like Mitt Romney) and you got the Rust Belt. You'd definitely wonder why Moroni had it in for you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

When I was back living in Ohio a few years ago, my house must have been near the permanent LDS missionary apartment in town because I was constantly running into the current pair of biking Mormon guys.

I'm a walker. So fairly often I stopped and chatted with them about religion (I think that's all they talk about).  And I usually could steer them away from straight proselytizing and just talk about the nature of god, the meaning of morality and charity and so on. I encountered a few different pairs in the several years I was there, and honestly all the ones I met seemed like pretty nice kids. None of them seemed averse to a philosophical chat.... Of course, I got the feeling they weren't getting many actual chances to convert, so my philosophical chats were better than nothing, I suppose.

They always looked a bit forlorn to me, weaving up and down the streets in search of somebody to proselytize, and way overdressed for biking, even biking with balloon tires. Like characters out of some kinda strange '50s movie. And I guess they really aren't allowed much latitude at all, even in what they do and talk about among themselves in off hours. 

I always thought -- Imagine pulling your post out of the hat and finding out that some people got Buenos Aires or Phuket (or Paris, like Mitt Romney) and you got the Rust Belt. You'd definitely wonder why Moroni had it in for you. 

We get Mormon missionaries in my small rural Arkansas town. The only converts they seem to pick up are in the local Hispanic community because the rest of the population is pretty hostile to them. I used to wait on the Mormon missionaries at the library because they were always coming in to check their email. Personally, I always thought they were very sweet and polite though definitely a bit out-of-place, but man, if I were them, I'd be so pissed if my missionary commitment sent me to the middle of nowhere U.S. rather than an overseas posting. (And I say that as someone who likes where I live as a general rule!) 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Yes but she made her IG private and took her blog link off her IG bio. I don't know how much information I'm allowed to state on the forum now everything is private but her family just moved to Arkansas. They're tight with the Caldwells.

I am holding out hope she's a Duggar bride-to-be for one of the Howlers. Her captions are so obtuse and she engages openly with "the haters".

She sounds like a comedy goldmine. Too bad she's gone private.

eta: We have a Mormon temple in my city, but the boys haven't meandered through my good in at least a decade. The last time I went to the polls to vote, I discovered that my hood is over 90% Democratic. Fundies and Mormons would find us actual work to convert here. We can afford DumDums and watch interpretive dance on any random street corner. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 3/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, Zella said:

We get Mormon missionaries in my small rural Arkansas town. The only converts they seem to pick up are in the local Hispanic community because the rest of the population is pretty hostile to them. I used to wait on the Mormon missionaries at the library because they were always coming in to check their email. Personally, I always thought they were very sweet and polite though definitely a bit out-of-place, but man, if I were them, I'd be so pissed if my missionary commitment sent me to the middle of nowhere U.S. rather than an overseas posting. (And I say that as someone who likes where I live as a general rule!) 

They have a church less than 100 feet from my home in the Bronx, lol.  I also had a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses.  I am pretty sure the latter had more success than the former, because I used to see the blond kids walking the street in pairs but they weren't going (or getting) into the buildings; whereas the JWs got in all the time, and sometimes on a weekly basis.  What I heard was, Mormons and JW's tend to do better amongst Black and Hispanic communities, because they're closer-knit and more family-oriented.  Not like us chilly white people who emigrate hundreds of miles away from family and friends at the drop of a hat, and often live alone, without so much as a roommate; which always reminds me of the story of Gloria Estefan, whose mother wouldn't even let her go to rehearsals with her now-husband and the Miami Sound Machine, unless her sister was also in the band 🤣.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

They have a church less than 100 feet from my home in the Bronx, lol.  I also had a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses.  I am pretty sure the latter had more success than the former, because I used to see the blond kids walking the street in pairs but they weren't going (or getting) into the buildings; whereas the JWs got in all the time, and sometimes on a weekly basis.  What I heard was, Mormons and JW's tend to do better amongst Black and Hispanic communities, because they're closer-knit and more family-oriented.  Not like us chilly white people who emigrate hundreds of miles away from family and friends at the drop of a hat, and often live alone, without so much as a roommate; which always reminds me of the story of Gloria Estefan, whose mother wouldn't even let her go to rehearsals with her now-husband and the Miami Sound Machine, unless her sister was also in the band 🤣.

Very interesting!

We also have a pretty active Jehovah's Witnesses group who, again, do better with the Hispanic community than they do with the other locals. I can see where the family-oriented aspect would be a plus. Most of the folks I knew who had converted were teenaged coworkers. And from what I remember, yep, the whole family--not just immediate but also aunts, uncles, and cousins--would convert as well. 

• Love 2
On 3/9/2019 at 12:00 AM, Sew Sumi said:

She sounds like a comedy goldmine. Too bad she's gone private.

I would watch this show again if she married one of the Howlers and they turned it into the Real Housewives of Tonitown instead. That way no one has to worry about telling apart which Howler is which.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2019 at 11:02 PM, Zella said:

Very interesting!

We also have a pretty active Jehovah's Witnesses group who, again, do better with the Hispanic community than they do with the other locals. I can see where the family-oriented aspect would be a plus. Most of the folks I knew who had converted were teenaged coworkers. And from what I remember, yep, the whole family--not just immediate but also aunts, uncles, and cousins--would convert as well. 

One of my ex-coworkers (who is Hispanic) was baptized Mormon. I don't remember why she said exactly but it didn't seem like it was a huge conversion experience. She is hardly religious and I think it happened when she was very young. She would joke about it all the time. Her husband is Irish Catholic. 

• Love 2