Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The flower petals on the bed were straight up creepy.  You're not supposed to think of your parents that way when you are godly virgins waiting for a man (or Ben) to whisk you away in marital bliss.

Didn't they also put up sticky notes with hearts & such on them on the wall over the motel bed?  I'm really hoping I'm imagining this but I think it did happen. 

On another note, I was watching the old show Wife Swap. This particular episode had a religious family pitted against a not so religious one.  They were discussing  (with the children present) the usual lines of the  children not  being allowed to date when they were older so as to not give away pieces of their heart & wait for the one God has chosen for them. I wasn't paying too much  attention until I heard one of the daughters (who was about ten) say something about not dating and she wanted to be under "her parent's cover"until marriage when asked about the subject.   OMG, these kids are so brainwashed.  That girl probably had no idea what she was saying,  she was just parroting her family's beliefs like the rest of the other cult kids are "trained" to do.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I assumed because Hilary said it, that it was more liberal, but I appreciate the real story. And I do understand the extended family analogy and see how that’s traditional.

IMHO Boob and Mechelle act more like royal parents or celebrity parents, and that kind of lifestyle has gone on for centuries too. Meanwhile, no one here is arguing that Boob and Mech are the primary caretakers-  I think we all see they aren’t

I love "Mech."    (or, as I'm pronouncing it -- "mecccch" ....)   Perfect for her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Is Jana hoping for her own decor show? The room is nice but not tv show worthy. I hope Boob gland Mechelle give back to her and surprise her with her own room, or even a little house. Yeah right!

• Love 8
(edited)

Spend thousands of dollars to do an unnecessary design of your parents room to give back to those who have given to you, but don’t spend any of your time or money to help the less fortunate? Got it. This isn’t a feel good story. I don’t know what it is supposed to be.

ETA: This whole project is so self-serving. “Look how great our parents are! Look how great we are!” It makes me sick.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Is Jana hoping for her own decor show? The room is nice but not tv show worthy. I hope Boob gland Mechelle give back to her and surprise her with her own room, or even a little house. Yeah right!

She did a pretty good job IMO, though I could live without the mailbox-type thing stuffed full of yellow flowers on the front wall.

• Love 1
(edited)

I haven’t look closely at the pictures. Did they re-carpet? Because that carpet is hideous.  I think their sacred, precious, and net love nest (barf)  could use a less generic touch .

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3
(edited)

The room looks lovely, Michelle’s reaction though is so fake. I would’ve loved after all that Jana went actually guys I did this all for me now everyone get out of my room!

“Jana said, Mama you work so hard” lol 😂 how did Joy say that with a straight face? I think that was Joy. I’d love to know what Michelle is working so hard on!

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Spend thousands of dollars to do an unnecessary design of your parents room to give back to those who have given to you, but don’t spend any of your time or money to help the less fortunate? Got it. This isn’t a feel good story. I don’t know what it is supposed to be.

ETA: This whole project is so self-serving. “Look how great our parents are! Look how great we are!” It makes me sick.

Wonder whether it was just something TLC dreamed up because everything in the Duggarlings' real lives was even more boring? 

And since they probably don't want to pay for trips for this mob any more....they settled on something that'd only run up a couple thousand dollar tab at Home Depot and Target? 

• Love 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Puffin said:

The room looks lovely, Michelle’s reaction though is so fake. I would’ve loved after all that Jana went actually guys I did this all for me now everyone get out of my room!

Jana said”Mama you work so hard” lol 😂 how did Joy say that with a straight face? I think that was Joy. I’d love to know what Michelle is working so hard on!

In some schools of psychology, there's something there's something they call a "maladaptive schema" that you can pick up from getting consistently stupid, exaggerated messages as a child..... 

In one such possible schema, you get repeatedly scared in infancy and early childhood by some over-demanding, randomly nasty authority figure. And as a child your response is to constantly suck up to this person and subjugate yourself to him/her (or them, in this case) because that's the best way to keep your infant self out of trouble. 

Some way of thinking and behaving can over time become a deeply buried habit of thought that you act on throughout your life as an automatic response to anything that your lizard brain recognizes as calling for it....even if you move out of the situation.

In fact, if you move out of the situation, you might well end up choosing partners, friends, bosses, and such who are just like your cracked parents and basically invite you to act out and speak out your "subjugate me! subjugate me! I'll say anything you want!" schema. You may run around subjugating yourself to everybody under the sun, in some cases, whether they invite it or not. And if you stay in the situation -- Well, you may constantly spout off the kind of nutso responses your nutso parents want to hear. Even if, at this point, you should speak up for yourself and, perhaps, could speak up for yourself without even very bad consequences...But your infant brain programmed you into this habit that you may not even recognize. 

When I hear this fawning, praising shit from the Duggarlings, I can't help but think that something like that is exactly what they're doing. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

Love how they totally avoided the wall with the tv mount in the reveal photos/videos. 

Michelle actually looked decently dressed.  Her dress fit , it wasn't too long, and she was wearing leather clogs instead of Crocs.  I wonder which one of the girls got her into the jean jacket.  I doubt she would have picked it on her own.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder whether it was just something TLC dreamed up because everything in the Duggarlings' real lives was even more boring? 

And since they probably don't want to pay for trips for this mob any more....they settled on something that'd only run up a couple thousand dollar tab at Home Depot and Target? 

This looked very much like Joanna Gaines for Home Depot to me. I honestly liked the room better before -- it needed cleaning, painting, and perhaps some refreshing -- and the removal of the plastic flowers/plants and the "art work" on the walls.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

In some schools of psychology, there's something there's something they call a "maladaptive schema" that you can pick up from getting consistently stupid, exaggerated messages as a child..... 

In one such possible schema, you get repeatedly scared in infancy and early childhood by some over-demanding, randomly nasty authority figure. And as a child your response is to constantly suck up to this person and subjugate yourself to him/her (or them, in this case) because that's the best way to keep your infant self out of trouble. 

Some way of thinking and behaving can over time become a deeply buried habit of thought that you act on throughout your life as an automatic response to anything that your lizard brain recognizes as calling for it....even if you move out of the situation.

In fact, if you move out of the situation, you might well end up choosing partners, friends, bosses, and such who are just like your cracked parents and basically invite you to act out and speak out your "subjugate me! subjugate me! I'll say anything you want!" schema. You may run around subjugating yourself to everybody under the sun, in some cases, whether they invite it or not. And if you stay in the situation -- Well, you may constantly spout off the kind of nutso responses your nutso parents want to hear. Even if, at this point, you should speak up for yourself and, perhaps, could speak up for yourself without even very bad consequences...But your infant brain programmed you into this habit that you may not even recognize. 

When I hear this fawning, praising shit from the Duggarlings, I can't help but think that something like that is exactly what they're doing. 

That's what I hear in all of the endless tributes to J'chelle. That's obviously a big thing -- and something that I think has been literally beaten in to them -- J'chelle is a "hero," and has worked tirelessly for them all, and they all should be eternally grateful to her. Even if the idea of "what does she actually do" were to float into someone's head every now and then, it wouldn't get examined for the reasons Churchhoney described. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Puffin said:

The room looks lovely, Michelle’s reaction though is so fake.

I think something happened to her where she lost her ability to feel or express true emotions, or this is maybe a result of her personality disorder. I mean, all the Duggars have this to some degree because of the cult, but with Michelle it's just amplified, and it's obvious when you watch videos of her reacting to something.

A good example is that "dinner theater" episode. All of Michelle's reactions were acted responses--basically, how she thought one should respond (by mirroring JB's responses, for instance) instead of genuine emotions. JB, in contrast, was clearly truly moved by what the kids had done. You can tell because there is always this superficial quality to her reactions. There are also other clues that point to her tendency to be emotionless or even cold, like the kids instinctively going to JB whenever they need comforting, not their mother, the fake tears/crying during the wedding dress shopping for Jill (or whoever), and so on.

In summary: there's something really wrong with Michelle.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 19
45 minutes ago, graefin said:

I think something happened to her where she lost her ability to feel or express true emotions, or this is maybe a result of her personality disorder. I mean, all the Duggars have this to some degree because of the cult, but with Michelle it's just amplified, and it's obvious when you watch videos of her reacting to something.

A good example is that "dinner theater" episode. All of Michelle's reactions were acted responses--basically, how she thought one should respond (by mirroring JB's responses, for instance) instead of genuine emotions. JB, in contrast, was clearly truly moved by what the kids had done. You can tell because there is always this superficial quality to her reactions. There are also other clues that point to her tendency to be emotionless or even cold, like the kids instinctively going to JB whenever they need comforting, not their mother, the fake tears/crying during the wedding dress shopping for Jill (or whoever), and so on.

In summary: there's something really wrong with Michelle.

Quiverfull, KJB, Gothard. She internalizes the shit of all things 'Christianity'. She is a parroting shell of a human. If I think too much about it, I find it very sad.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Quiverfull, KJB, Gothard. She internalizes the shit of all things 'Christianity'. She is a parroting shell of a human. If I think too much about it, I find it very sad.

The rest of the family are these things too, as are the Bateses, yet they don't reach her levels of flat affect masked by cheery mimicry. So it's all that plus something specific to Michelle that makes her the way she is.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, graefin said:

The rest of the family are these things too, as are the Bateses, yet they don't reach her levels of flat affect masked by cheery mimicry. So it's all that plus something specific to Michelle that makes her the way she is.

Agree. Michelle internalizes it to a greater level. Kelly Bates was close to Michelle's affect for a period of time.

I'm not sure what woke the Bates family up to a tiny degree, but something did and it seems in the nick of time. Maybe because the Bates parent went to college and developed some critical thinking skills prior to joining the Gothard movement. Maybe because the Bates maintain relationships with their families of origin who don't appear to be steeped in Gothardness. Not saying the Bates have shed their hateful beliefs, they just have become a bit more aware.

I really think Michelle is the way she is due to the cult factor. She went in full throttle and never looked back. She would have a hard time existing without it now because she was an immature teen when she met JB.

• Love 6

I don't watch the show anymore, so have Boob and Mechelle been welcomed back into our living rooms? I thought they were off the show after Josh-gate. Did TLC ease them back in, hoping time would make everyone's memory fuzzy?

On Jana's Instagram, someone commented that the lock on the door was "straight-up creepy". I had to go back and look and what they were referring to. There's a latch high up on the door. I don't know if that's an indication that there is no lock mechanism on the door knob itself, or if they feel the need for double protection of their privacy. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MzTori77 said:

I don't watch the show anymore, so have Boob and Mechelle been welcomed back into our living rooms? I thought they were off the show after Josh-gate. Did TLC ease them back in, hoping time would make everyone's memory fuzzy?

On Jana's Instagram, someone commented that the lock on the door was "straight-up creepy". I had to go back and look and what they were referring to. There's a latch high up on the door. I don't know if that's an indication that there is no lock mechanism on the door knob itself, or if they feel the need for double protection of their privacy. 

Eh, I see no problem with the lock. They had up to 19 possible interruptions at any given moment. Considering their commitment to baby-making, their kids should be grateful they locked the door.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Eh, I see no problem with the lock. They had up to 19 possible interruptions at any given moment. Considering their commitment to baby-making, their kids should be grateful they locked the door.

Yes.  There are some things you cannot unseen that will haunt you 30+ years later and no amount of brain bleach can wash away.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Shut The Heck Up, Jana...please.  This grown woman who is 29 years old is unnaturally interested in renovating her parents' bedroom and bathroom. The way she was going on and on about what a great mother Michelle has been and all wanted to make me puke.

Honestly, I think Jana's action here indicates to me that this woman is so 'over ready' to have her own home that she's renovating spaces in that house that are really not hers to tackle. I also think she is quite bored....no mental stimulation or activity. Yes, she's busy doing the daily chores she does around there but has no real 'joy' in doing them. She has outgrown taking care of her mother's household and is quite bored by it. How she can kiss up to her mother is beyond words.

Tell my why any daughter-in-law like Anna, who has a large house of her own and 5 children to take care of, not to mention a lazy creep of a husband, care about how her in-laws' bedroom is decorated? How did Anna have the time to upholster a window seat cushion? They are very 'effed up'......all of them.

I also noticed in the video when JB went in to kiss Michelle, (yet again), she cringed, closed her eyes and dreaded it. Did anyone else notice that?

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I also noticed in the video when JB went in to kiss Michelle, (yet again), she cringed, closed her eyes and dreaded it. Did anyone else notice that?

I bet he macks on her constantly. And I’d feel sorry for her except she’s still perpetuating the yoke of joyful availability on her daughters’ shoulders so she can just suck it up. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

floridamom, I noticed the cringe as well. Michelle covered it up pretty quickly, but there was a split second where she braced herself as Boob veered towards her. 

They did devote an entire episode to Boob's revoltingly bad breath that one time. IIRC they couldn't figure out what caused it so it's probably still there. Imagine getting a gust of barn breath every time your husband kissed you and then he keeps doing it all. the. freaking. time. I'd be cringing too and Mechelle isn't even allowed to refuse being kissed or express discomfort because she has to keep up the adoring helpmeet act at all times in order to prop up her husband's fragile ego.

I can't help but get the impression that Mechelle doesn't really like Jim Bob all that much anymore. For a number of reasons.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I don't know if this was on the show or not, I think Jana just posted it to her Instagram. This may be one of the reasons that Jana was allowed SM -- she can post all kinds of things about how great her parent are until the humpers succeed in pressuring TLC to put them back on the show.

• Love 6

@floridamom I could see the bored thing. I get the same impression everytime the Maxwells' daughter Anna tackles another project. 

As for Michelle and JB, Michelle once said that JB is great kisser. It was on her list of 100 things she loves about him, a much higher number than  he lead us in prayer and the pledge of allegiance. Maybe his breath was worse than usual. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't know if this was on the show or not, I think Jana just posted it to her Instagram. This may be one of the reasons that Jana was allowed SM -- she can post all kinds of things about how great her parent are until the humpers succeed in pressuring TLC to put them back on the show.

Maybe Jana's been subtly conscripted to do PR aimed at getting Boob and Mecccch back on the great-parenting-role-model lecture circuit. (while she imagines she's volunteering because she admires her parents so much) ..... Losing that repeated gig must surely have dinged both Boob's wallet and his ego. 

But now, with Jana's instagram pumping, this kind of conversation might get started out there again-- "Look at this amazing family! What wonderful parents they must be for their young-adult children to repeatedly renovate and redecorate their bedroom while they're taking a well-earned vacation! Wowzer wowzer wowzer, how did they produce such perfectly behaved offspring? We should have them here to speak so we can all learn their godly secrets!" 

...without anybody noticing how inappropriate, unnatural and unfair to the offspring this whole mess is. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Portia said:
12 hours ago, Portia said:

Wait. Is that you, Son? I've told you this so many times...your dad and I are VERY sorry about that thing you were never able to unsee! 

(Yeah, bedroom locks are a good idea. Taking your chances with a living room quickie is a very bad idea.

Especially when it's this couch

grandma_70ssofa_heractualcouch (1).jpg

Edited by Ohiopirate02
added image
  • LOL 12
(edited)
28 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Start the Idle Speculation Bus. Has Jason gone a-courtin? Or is he just going to Greece to convert the Christians to Christianity?

"The religion of Greek people is an important aspect of the Greek culture. The Greek population in mainland Greece and the Greek islands is Christian Orthodox per 98%. The religion of rest of the population is Muslims, Catholic and Jewish. Greece and Russia are the only countries to have such a great proportion of Orthodox population". Source: www.greeka.com

Because attempting Christian conversion in places that are already more than 98 percent Christian is What. They. Do. 

I know we've seen this over and over but it amazes me every time. ...I suppose it's easier than trying to convert people who aren't already Christians. But really...in a way I don't see why it would be. "No, no! you're in the wrong Christian Church!" just seems like such weak but crazy sauce to me. ...

Or at least like something that's already caused such a number of bloody wars and civil wars and various sorts of inquisitions that you'd be inclined to reject it as proven unproductive and idiotically cruel -- plus pointless -- by history. 

And when I think of all these dumb-asses doing it. I can't believe any Duggarling even knows what they're trying to argue people into or out of. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
43 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lauren Caldwell is definitely angling to land a Duggar boy, although I don't think she'd go for the Gnome. The Twins are much hotter and a little older. 

She's angling or her parents are angling for her? It doesn't look like Kendra's sister to me. Is that her?

This whole trip is odd to me. The Forsyth parents are taking a bunch of kids on vacation/missionary trip. The girls looked older than the boys.  

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Temperance said:

She's angling or her parents are angling for her? It doesn't look like Kendra's sister to me. Is that her?

This whole trip is odd to me. The Forsyth parents are taking a bunch of kids on vacation/missionary trip. The girls looked older than the boys.  

The woman with the IG isn't Kendra's sister. Kendra's sister is also named Lauren.

They're speculating that this Madi might be next for a Duggar boy because her family recently moved to Arkansas. She might be a bit too worldly for the Duggars now. She discovered Reddit and is doing the clap back at Reddit for snarking on them and their "missionary" trip. She has a Victoria Secret passport holder though. Nike!

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Fully following Greek Orthodoxy takes a lot more dedication and persistence than the Duggars usually demonstrate.  

They'd give up about 5 minutes into an Orthodox service. "Naw, I'm good". The Duggars would probably be scared by all the 98 year old Babas who can stand for an entire 4 hour service anyway. I'm not sure some of the Duggars could stand longer than 5 minutes.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, not you again said:

I'm sorry to be obtuse, but I don't see the pics you guys are talking about.  Are they before the bedroom makeover pics?  Thanks.

Thanks, I can't find either. I think the pictures are part of the post below but it won't come up.

12 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Start the Idle Speculation Bus. Has Jason gone a-courtin? Or is he just going to Greece to convert the Christians to Christianity?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The woman with the IG isn't Kendra's sister. Kendra's sister is also named Lauren.

They're speculating that this Madi might be next for a Duggar boy because her family recently moved to Arkansas. She might be a bit too worldly for the Duggars now. She discovered Reddit and is doing the clap back at Reddit for snarking on them and their "missionary" trip. She has a Victoria Secret passport holder though. Nike!

They'd give up about 5 minutes into an Orthodox service. "Naw, I'm good". The Duggars would probably be scared by all the 98 year old Babas who can stand for an entire 4 hour service anyway. I'm not sure some of the Duggars could stand longer than 5 minutes.

I wouldn't say she's clapping back.  She's making unfortunate comments about the greeks and making them/herself  look bad in the process (on Reddit). 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I wouldn't say she's clapping back.  She's making unfortunate comments about the greeks and making them/herself  look bad in the process (on Reddit). 

NxgYiXH.jpg

That's what she posted on her IG stories. Tee hee hee, you're all so stupid Reddit users!

Granted they're vicious over DuggarsSnark but you know.

I kind of hope she is courting one of the Duggar boys. She might provide some passive aggressive snark material.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

She also made statements/comments about their minsionary work. Basically it's hard, because the Greeks want to practice the wrong form of Christianity, but she believes they will prevail. 

If I were JB, I would ditch the courtship since her comments will blow up in their faces and she seems like the next Derick. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Temperance said:

She also made statements/comments about their minsionary work. Basically it's hard, because the Greeks want to practice the wrong form of Christianity, but she believes they will prevail. 

If I were JB, I would ditch the courtship since her comments will blow up in their faces and she seems like the next Derick. 

Someone please ask if if she speaks Greek, and if not, how she expects to “convert” anyone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8