Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:13 AM, JoanArc said:
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:52 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Even if Derelict had a quiz or something, Jill and the kids could have still attended. 

I get the feeling showing up WITHOUT YOUR HUSBAND, especially while he is out doing stuff in THE WORLD, is looked down on mightily. I'd be like normal people saying their spouse couldn't come because they're falling down drunk at home.

I also think that Derick isn't welcome at the TTH after shooting his mouth off about Jazz and getting Jill and their kids kicked off the show. Even though they privately agree with every word he said, Jim Bob and Michelle must be furious that he brought yet more bad publicity down on their family brand and possibly jeopardized their precious relationship with TLC. The thought that TLC executives might someday decide that the Duggars are more trouble than they're worth has probably given Jim Bob a few sleepless nights. Even if Derick hasn't actually been banned from their gatherings, he must be getting a very cold shoulder. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

They have been for a while IMO, as I remember a discussion about my BIL's Amish-quality beard 2 Christmases ago; and also remember him echoing my best male friend's rationales on the topic as well... hides his/a double chin; "not everyone can grow this kind of hair, or any beard at all really!", so the fact that my sister hated it made no difference to him, because other men were always coming up to him and exclaiming admiringly of it.  "I wish I could grow a beard like that!"

MANLINESS CONTEST. More socially acceptable than comparing the size of other man parts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 2/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, leighdear said:

They did have those huge murals of a horse, and trees on the girl's dorm wall, before the remodel.  Flowers and butterfly paintings too. Plus, each area had photos of things other than just family members, books and knickknacks.   There was a lot of individuality in the bed spaces.

Here's a video from back then, plus a link to see the boys dorm.  They had paintings and lots of wall decor back then.  No telling how it looks now. 

.http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2013/04/tour-duggar-girls-room.html

Yes, lots of family photos.  But I have several in my bedroom, and it's not creepy at all.  

Wow. Jill seems so much more....normal in that video. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Wow. Jill seems so much more....normal in that video. 

That's back when she was studying anatomy and physiology...in some kind of online course, I guess? -- so, uh, back when she thought she might go on to a life with education and maybe even a job in it? 

And did she says Jessa played the guitar? I don't remember hearing that before, although maybe that's just because I don't watch the show....

2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I also think that Derick isn't welcome at the TTH after shooting his mouth off about Jazz and getting Jill and their kids kicked off the show. Even though they privately agree with every word he said, Jim Bob and Michelle must be furious that he brought yet more bad publicity down on their family brand and possibly jeopardized their precious relationship with TLC. The thought that TLC executives might someday decide that the Duggars are more trouble than they're worth has probably given Jim Bob a few sleepless nights. Even if Derick hasn't actually been banned from their gatherings, he must be getting a very cold shoulder. 

I think this is true, BUT the more I see on TLC, the more convinced I am that the duggars are somewhat "necessary." The more outlandish their shows get, the more they need this "wholesome" family (as so many people think they are, still, especially since Josh isn't on the show) to balance out all the things the public will recoil at...the polygamy, the fat shows, Jazz, 90 day fiance, etc. They still need something to keep the conservative Christians watching despite the more liberal / outlandish programming (even though yes, polygamists are conservative Christians too, but most don't approve of polygamy). If they cancelled counting on but kept all of the stuff the leghumpers see as liberal and sinful, I could see a lot of people outright banning TLC. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I think this is true, BUT the more I see on TLC, the more convinced I am that the duggars are somewhat "necessary."

I agree, but that doesn't mean that the TLC execs won't use any weapon they have during negotiations with Jim Bob. And by starting a flame war with Jazz and getting kicked off the show, Derick handed them a good one: "We made your family rich and famous and you bite the hand that feeds you? We can always find a new Fundie family to work with, one without any troublemakers like Josh and Derick." Ever since Joshgate, the balance of power between TLC and the Duggars has shifted steadily in TLC's favor.

Jim Bob has only one real bargaining chip left to use during negotiations and that's a Jana courtship/wedding. Once he's played that card, what's he gonna do? He'll either settle for whatever TLC offers him or move to another cable network. And no other cable network will be willing to offer him a better deal than he'd get from TLC.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Jim Bob has only one real bargaining chip left to use during negotiations and that's a Jana courtship/wedding. Once he's played that card, what's he gonna do? He'll either settle for whatever TLC offers him or move to another cable network. And no other cable network will be willing to offer him a better deal than he'd get from TLC.

Good points. I posted over in the recent episode topic, about its ratings, that the Bates' show on the UP network draws a fraction of the viewership and share that Counting On does on TLC. I've seen that leghumpers have talked up the idea of the Duggars moving to UP network, away from the sinful TLC - and I bet that gives JB heartburn. On UP they would have nothing like the number of viewers - or amount of money - that they get on TLC.

Edited by Jeeves
typos, they love me.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree, but that doesn't mean that the TLC execs won't use any weapon they have during negotiations with Jim Bob. And by starting a flame war with Jazz and getting kicked off the show, Derick handed them a good one: "We made your family rich and famous and you bite the hand that feeds you? We can always find a new Fundie family to work with, one without any troublemakers like Josh and Derick." Ever since Joshgate, the balance of power between TLC and the Duggars has shifted steadily in TLC's favor.

Seems that the recent ratings @Jeeves posted for the Duggs's season opener might actually be JB's best leverage, though, don't you think? Am I misremembering or was Counting On actually pretty high compared to virtually every other "story of these people" shows they have? .... 

And if that's the case, then TLC wouldn't want to lose one of their biggest audiences....so they'd be stuck with the show....

They've got to be leery about shutting down any known quantity that's anywhere near the top of their ratings, I'd think.....given the numerous truncated disasters they've had with new shows they've introduced over the past several years .... 

(hoping this is just my pessimism talking and the Duggs are actually on the low side of the TLC ratings, though! ; )   )

• Love 2

So I think this belongs here, slightly off topic but:

Jana has been show to fancy herself as a decorator, and we all know how much she loves Chip and Joanna Gaines.  She and her sisters have made multiple trips to Waco.

I was wondering if she is also a fan of Erin and Ben Napier of Home Town, and if a trip to Laurel, Mississippi was in the near future.  Laurel is about the same distance as Waco from the TTH, so I could see them making the trip.  And the Napiers, while not fundie, are churchgoing people.  Ben was a youth minister for a few years.

But on Monday night's episode (which ironically was aired at the same time as the Counting On season premiere, and had more viewers), the show featured a young engaged couple who happened to be two women.  A lot of the Napiers' fans, who gushed about them on Instagram as such a "Godly Christian couple", turned on them instantly.  They were "disappointed that the show was encouraging a sinful lifestyle".  They were unfollowing them and deleting the show from their DVRs.  They were told "Chip and Joanna would never stoop to that level". Such a lovely display of Christian compassion.  So Jana and her sisters, I am sure now, will never go to Laurel.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 4
On 2/17/2019 at 11:44 AM, Christina87 said:

I think this is true, BUT the more I see on TLC, the more convinced I am that the duggars are somewhat "necessary." The more outlandish their shows get, the more they need this "wholesome" family (as so many people think they are, still, especially since Josh isn't on the show) to balance out all the things the public will recoil at...the polygamy, the fat shows, Jazz, 90 day fiance, etc. They still need something to keep the conservative Christians watching despite the more liberal / outlandish programming (even though yes, polygamists are conservative Christians too, but most don't approve of polygamy). If they cancelled counting on but kept all of the stuff the leghumpers see as liberal and sinful, I could see a lot of people outright banning  cancelling TLC. 

I don't agree with this. I think the Duggars are necessary, because they're consistently one of the most watched shows in the history of the network. Anything pre-Duggars is pretty much gone. (A possible exception is Kate and right now her family is starting to split and that will hurt their image. ) Shows like SYTTD and Cake Boss has lost their steam. TLC has tried to find new hits and a lot of those have failed. TLC has been able to find new conservative families and yet somehow the Duggars are the most successful of all those other families. They had the Bates, the Willises, the Putnams(?),etc.  Most of the other polygamists families were a lot like the Duggars in many ways.

But who's watching these shows might be harder to gage.? Yes the Duggars have conservative fans, but also snarkers, bored people, people who just think huge families are interesting, etc. I think a lot of "conservatives"  may be watching at least some of the other shows as well. My fundie-lite friends were obsessed with Sister Wives (the Browns.) I also wouldn't be sure who watches the medical shows including the "fat" people. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Jana has been show to fancy herself as a decorator,. . .

I was wondering if she is also a fan of Erin and Ben Napier of Home Town, and if a trip to Laurel, Mississippi was in the near future. . . . But on Monday night's episode . . . the show featured a young engaged couple who happened to be two women.  A lot of the Napier's fans, who gushed about them on Instagram as such a "Godly Christian couple", turned on them instantly.  . . . So Jana and her sisters, I am sure now, will never go to Laurel.

Well that's a good development. An obstacle to the media normalization of the Duggars. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5
On 2/20/2019 at 11:26 PM, Temperance said:

I don't agree with this. I think the Duggars are necessary, because they're consistently one of the most watched shows in the history of the network. Anything pre-Duggars is pretty much gone. (A possible exception is Kate and right now her family is starting to split and that will hurt their image. ) Shows like SYTTD and Cake Boss has lost their steam. TLC has tried to find new hits and a lot of those have failed. TLC has been able to find new conservative families and yet somehow the Duggars are the most successful of all those other families. They had the Bates, the Willises, the Putnams(?),etc.  Most of the other polygamists families were a lot like the Duggars in many ways.

But who's watching these shows might be harder to gage.? Yes the Duggars have conservative fans, but also snarkers, bored people, people who just think huge families are interesting, etc. I think a lot of "conservatives"  may be watching at least some of the other shows as well. My fundie-lite friends were obsessed with Sister Wives (the Browns.) I also wouldn't be sure who watches the medical shows including the "fat" people. 

Hey, I watch the"fat people"!  I really like to watch My 600 lb life.

• Love 8

Oh, so much to say about this: Jana and "the boys" remodeled Boob and Mechelle's bedroom while they were out of town (where the hell were they?). Apparently the boys have plenty of time to spend on their parents' home rather than on paying jobs. There are a series of videos in the link below.

Here are photos of the before and after bedroom.

• Love 2

Does anyone else notice how even in the "befores" the only photographs in the room are of Boob and Michelle? The kids are busting their asses trying to impress parents who could care less about them. 

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Funny.  Looks like there is a tv mount on the wall with the tv conveniently removed...

That was the first thing I noticed. I think that was the surveillance camera system.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Oh, so much to say about this: Jana and "the boys" remodeled Boob and Mechelle's bedroom while they were out of town (where the hell were they?). Apparently the boys have plenty of time to spend on their parents' home rather than on paying jobs. There are a series of videos in the link below.

Here are photos of the before and after bedroom.

So I take this as the family was bored AF and decided to do something.  How about a job?

• Love 14

The chair in the book in the before picture is an $8000 massage chair. It has been replaced with a recliner in the after picture.

I’d guess they spent $3000 in supplies. The kids have access to $3000 without the parents knowing?

Do you think the parents actually knew? They must not be too scared of the parents if they redid their love nest suite without their permission. 

So almost all the married Duggars are trying to sell anything and everything they can to make money, but the ones at home are spending presumably unbudgeted money to cosmetically update the parents room? Mkay.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone else notice how even in the "befores" the only photographs in the room are of Boob and Michelle? The kids are busting their asses trying to impress parents who could care less about them. 

Wellllll I don’t have any pictures of my children in the master bedroom either. I think the idea came from feng shui that you keep your bedroom about your marriage. My children have taken over the whole house 🙄🙄🙄 so I like having this one space, this one line in the sand, that is still mine.

I am sure the Duggars didn’t get the idea from feng shui. I do find it intriguing that JimBob and Michelle, whose identities are 100% about being parents, have removed any part of that from their bedroom.

• Love 6

I’m guessing the parents gave their ok to a room makeover and packed their personal stuff up. Otherwise the “kids” would be getting into their personal, private stuff, to move it around. And hopefully Boob and Mech got to have some input on colors at least.

The Duggs have done this to various family members a few times - redecorate while the homeowner is out. I’d prefer to at least supervise my own home/room makeover.

• Love 12

Jana’s caption says they did this over a week and a half while the parents were out. Where did they go for that long and who cared for the young kids? If the littles went with, what did the kids do all day and night for that long? 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I noticed in one of the befores they had a picture of Jill & Derick next to a teenage photo of JB, Jill the favourite gets a photo forget the rest of them. Although to be fair my mum hasn't got any photos of me and my siblings in her bedroom maybe I should get her one and buy a frame too, pretty sure I’m the favourite 😉, when I was a kid I don’t think my parents had photos of us in their bedroom tbh maybe some parents do. 

55 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jana’s caption says they did this over a week and a half while the parents were out. Where did they go for that long and who cared for the young kids? If the littles went with, what did the kids do all day and night for that long? 

Duh Jana is there JB & M probably say we’re off for the week see ya later. What kinda shitty parents leave little kids behind and go away for a week unless it’s a emergency. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

So almost all the married Duggars are trying to sell anything and everything they can to make money, but the ones at home are spending presumably unbudgeted money to cosmetically update the parents room? Mkay.

Michelle herself said it... "Leave and cleave, baby!"

• Love 4
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Well, JB and M only went on three or four beach vacations over the past year or so. So surely it was time for another jaunt, right? Being such hard-working people and attentive parents and homeschoolers is tough work. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Well, we know at least one of the littles was left home. Jenny was romping around the construction zone in her bare feet.

• Love 2

@OpieTaylor I’m sure the kids were at home doing whatever. The youngest Duggar child is 9 now- perfectly old enough to entertain themselves outside of the construction zone for a few hours a day while the boys worked. I say this to say I don’t think Jana was neglecting the kids at all. 

@Sew Sumi thanks for the age correction. I thought Josie was turning 9 this year. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Their true mom, Jana...duh!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The chair in the book in the before picture is an $8000 massage chair. It has been replaced with a recliner in the after picture.

I’d guess they spent $3000 in supplies. The kids have access to $3000 without the parents knowing?

Do you think the parents actually knew? They must not be too scared of the parents if they redid their love nest suite without their permission. 

I bet it was for the show, filmed and funded. So creepy and weird that the “kids” have renovated their parents’ bedroom at least twice now!  And don’t forget the romantic hotel room they set up for them!  So much Ewwww!!

• Love 18

The flower petals on the bed were straight up creepy.  You're not supposed to think of your parents that way when you are godly virgins waiting for a man (or Ben) to whisk you away in marital bliss.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Totally disgusting.

You're frigging adults who were deliberately stunted, crippled and tied up in ignorance by your hideous parents. You should be going to school and/or working for a damn living -- to prepare for your future of compulsory parenthood when you'll have to scramble and dodge to support your brood. (or, in Jana's case, for your future as a 24-hour-a-day full-care nursing-home worker). The two gallivanting early retirees should fix up their own nauseating bedroom. 

To me, this shows how deep the maladaptive mental and emotional habits are buried in these pitiful young-adult idiots. They have no idea that they're sucking up to their creepy lying narcissistic parents because their creepy lying narcissistic parents programmed them to "live" this way. 

Get a clue, robots. Your parents do not "love" you. They're people who have ZERO comprehension of what actual love is. If you'd had any education instead of just brainwashing and indoctrination, you could tell that from the damn identical vapid birthday cards they post for you online so their fans can see and love THEM (not YOU). 

They value you only to the degree that you're useful to them and that they feel sentimentally and biologically thrilled with the many many products of their own gametes. And you have nothing to "thank them" for. They've ruined you and obviously are determined to keep right on doing it. 

Well said!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@OpieTaylor I’m sure the kids were at home doing whatever. The youngest Duggar child is 9 now- perfectly old enough to entertain themselves outside of the construction zone for a few hours a day while the boys worked. I say this to say I don’t think Jana was neglecting the kids at all. 

@Sew Sumi thanks for the age correction. I thought Josie was turning 9 this year. 

I wasn’t suggesting that Jana was neglecting the littles, but rather that Boob and Mechelle were. I know they live a very different lifestyle than I grew up with- it’s more akin to being raised by nannies and “governesses” and seeing the parents occasionally. I hope they have some routine and structure to their daily lives though. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I wasn’t suggesting that Jana was neglecting the littles, but rather that Boob and Mechelle were. I know they live a very different lifestyle than I grew up with- it’s more akin to being raised by nannies and “governesses” and seeing the parents occasionally. I hope they have some routine and structure to their daily lives though. 

Oh I see. It’s known JB and Michelle have acted like empty nesters at least for the last 5yrs (since Miracle Josie was out of toddlerhood), so I assumed you were talking about the real mom Jana. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I see. It’s known JB and Michelle have acted like empty nesters at least for the last 5yrs (since Miracle Josie was out of toddlerhood), so I assumed you were talking about the real mom Jana. 

And now I remember that Bin is their school teacher, so hopefully they have a set schedule each day. For all of the Duggars’ conservatism, they really subscribe to the more liberal “it takes a village” philosophy of child rearing. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

And now I remember that Bin is their school teacher, so hopefully they have a set schedule each day. For all of the Duggars’ conservatism, they really subscribe to the more liberal “it takes a village” philosophy of child rearing. 

I would’ve never considered the adage “it takes a village” to be a liberal philosophy as it’s quite old. Not snarking on you (I hope it doesn’t come off that way); but I consider it be founded in a more communial way of living we don’t see much in the late 20th or 21st century any more (at least in North America). It’s a relic from the Middle Passage (a west African proverb- It takes a village to raise a child.)

Of course the Duggars love the quote because it dissolves then of responsibility. They love being in the village but don’t want to contribute to the village. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I would’ve never considered the adage “it takes a village” to be a liberal philosophy as it’s quite old. Not snarking on you (I hope it doesn’t come off that way); but I consider it be founded in a more communial way of living we don’t see much in the late 20th or 21st century any more (at least in North America). 

I agree it really is more of a conservative philosophy. Right-wingers like the Duggars love to harken back to the days when people lived in extended families of grandmas and maiden aunts who helped with child care or in neighborhoods where everybody kept tabs on everybody else. But, even if they agree with its underlying message, hard-core conservatives now regard the phrase "It takes a village" with contempt because Hillary Clinton used it as the title of one of her books (and if it comes from Hillary, it must be liberal propaganda). I'm not ascribing that to anyone here, but I've heard it often from people on the far-right.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree it really is more of a conservative philosophy. Right-wingers like the Duggars love to harken back to the days when people lived in extended families of grandmas and maiden aunts who helped with child care or in neighborhoods where everybody kept tabs on everybody else. But, even if they agree with its underlying message, hard-core conservatives now regard the phrase "It takes a village" with contempt because Hillary Clinton used it as the title of one of her books (and if it comes from Hillary, it must be liberal propaganda). I'm not ascribing that to anyone here, but I've heard it often from people on the far-right.

I assumed because Hilary said it, that it was more liberal, but I appreciate the real story. And I do understand the extended family analogy and see how that’s traditional.

IMHO Boob and Mechelle act more like royal parents or celebrity parents, and that kind of lifestyle has gone on for centuries too. Meanwhile, no one here is arguing that Boob and Mech are the primary caretakers-  I think we all see they aren’t

• LOL 2
  • Love 5