Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I see Michelle found the infamous green blouse and put it back into rotation.  IIRC she wore it while pregnant with Josie.  

No one can say she doesn't get a lot of wear out of her clothes I guess.

That skirt looks like something a teenager would wear.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I see Michelle found the infamous green blouse and put it back into rotation.  IIRC she wore it while pregnant with Josie.  

Michelle is a teenager, in terms of maturity. 

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Okay, what is going on here?

In a matter of a week, Jana goes from sad church mouse to Fundies In The City with her trio of jeans-wearing friends?

This is such a bizarre turnaround.

Do they think they can turn her into the next Joanna Gaines? Something’s afoot.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Actually that picture with the shop owner  is from 2014. That's when they met. Meeechelle was at some conference in Missouri, where the woman had her shop, and they met there. The shop's out of business now.

This phony smile thing with Jana is nuts. It's one thing to be selective about what you post. But having everything you post look like some kind of staged bad acting? Does anybody actually think that's a good way to present yourself?

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Do they think they can turn her into the next Joanna Gaines? Something’s afoot.

So in just a short time, they've got the young girls' cd. The balding boy band. The flood of affiliate marketing. And now Jana as some kind of weird product hawked on social media. Maybe somebody ran up some unexpected bills that need to be paid. Have to be a small bill for any of this to do it, though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
57 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So in just a short time, they've got the young girls' cd. The balding boy band. The flood of affiliate marketing. And now Jana as some kind of weird product hawked on social media. Maybe somebody ran up some unexpected bills that need to be paid. Have to be a small bill for any of this to do it, though. 

Maybe the law suit against InTouch with the Fancy Pants Law Firm isn't going so well?

• Love 8

I feel like somebody probably finally pointed out enough times, that it looks really bad to be pushing 30 and have your twin married yet you aren’t even allowed social media.  

Wasn’t there another single Bates boy at Duggar Christmas with Lawson though?  Maybe Nathan?  I feel like someone said, more than one showed up...

• Love 4

There seemed to be quite a few Bates there at Christmas including some I couldn't identify and couldn't tell how old they are. Trace Bates was there, but I didn't see Nathan. Trace is younger (although over 18), but a better catch than his brothers....

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Zella said:

That photo with the Times Square Ball is creeping me out. It's not quite at the cheese photo's level, but it's so unnatural-looking that it is painful. 

This pic as well as the cheese one just comes off as fake and staged that now I’m starting to feel bad for her. As @Churchhoney stated, it just isn’t a good way to present yourself. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Marthalord said:

This pic as well as the cheese one just comes off as fake and staged that now I’m starting to feel bad for her. As @Churchhoney stated, it just isn’t a good way to present yourself. 

The bread pic was so polished I thought she had promising social media game, but this is really starting to come off as amateurish in exactly the opposite way that Jill's or Jessa's misfires do! Even though a lot of Jeremy and Jinger's stuff looks staged, it still doesn't look so uncomfortable usually, just pretentious. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"Balding Boy Band" is hilarious!

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

More very natural and totally un-staged  photos. 

I like Jinger's boots in the first pic. 

I think what gets me about the second pic (besides the fact that Jana's coat looks like Jinger's, whoever said that Jana and Jinger have a similar profile was spot on), is that Jana is smiling while looking at the Times Square Ball. I mean, yeah, she's touching a ball after being so deprived and who wouldn't smile for that, but it just reeks of the Maxwell pics where the daughters are smiling as they are baking or something. Who naturally does that??

Whose idea was it for the overly staged pics? If they start to look more natural when Jana returns to the TTH, then I'm blaming Jinger for this one.

And if Jessa was with them in Atlanta, why isn't she in the pic with the rest of the girls? How has it become the Jinger and Jana show?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

And if Jessa was with them in Atlanta, why isn't she in the pic with the rest of the girls? How has it become the Jinger and Jana show?

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa's too frumpy to hang out with the cool girls.

Yes, she is.

And unlike Jing, she apparently didn't have her mother-in-law with them in Atlanta to help with child care. (Based on a photo they posted showing Jeremy's mom holding Felicity, which I think was taken during the conference.)

Jinger's life looks so much better than her sisters' at this point. One kid, a husband with a job who takes them around traveling all the time, and rarely to the TTH. A nice house of her own (not a Boob project), nice clothes. She's left the TTH mob in the rear view mirror. Jessa's still hanging around Arkansas in the TTH orbit. And looking more frumpy all the time. (Poor Jill started out below frumpy and has never really raised her game at all.)

• Love 22
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Empty Womb Club.

Jessa's still hanging around Arkansas in the TTH orbit.

She chose to be a big fish in a small pond. No sympathy. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think there is some truth to this. For whatever reason, I think someone (JB?) is trying to market Jana as another Jinger. I think they are aware that many people are more interested in Jinger than in Jessa, Jill and Joy.  Jinger is more “modern”.  However, if they want Jana to be more like Jinger, I think she needs to stop wearing skirts over her pants.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, EVS said:

I think there is some truth to this. For whatever reason, I think someone (JB?) is trying to market Jana as another Jinger. I think they are aware that many people are more interested in Jinger than in Jessa, Jill and Joy.  Jinger is more “modern”.  However, if they want Jana to be more like Jinger, I think she needs to stop wearing skirts over her pants.

Yes JB and Michelle definitely know Jinger is the favorite, even if they're not sure why. When they were first edging back to tv, they shared photos of the TTH and strategically in most of the photos was one framed shot of JB and Michelle kissing Jinger on her wedding day. No other pictures/photos/family photos except maybe one big group shot were shown. They definitely want Jana to be like Jinger for some reason (courtship, tv show, etc.)

• Love 9

Eh I like the pictures, maybe i'm just guillible. The top picture looks like someone was taking a series of pictures of them and they caught that moment. I've done similar things with family pictures when I tell everyone to just do something and take a series of shots and pick the best. The one with The "ball" (lol), this is Jana we're talking about. How often does she get to 1) Leave the family 2) Not do so with some kid or another hanging around and 3) Just enjoy adult company. I see the smile more as the experience of it all rather than just the fact that she is seeing the ball. 

• Love 12
On 1/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, GeeGolly said:

Michelle picked out and bought that skirt.

AR-306289991.jpg

of course she did. It's ugly, but froo froo. Who is the woman next to her? I seem to hear Janice Dickenson announce her breasts needed to be reined in. They are wandering.  Sorry, but I noticed by following Mechelle's hand holding the pants, and looking at the sweater since I liked the color...

Edited by Catlyn
Ty to Church Honey
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Catlyn said:

of course she did. It's ugly, but froo froo. Who is the woman next to her? I seem to hear Janice Dickenson announce her breasts needed to be reined in. They are wandering.  Sorry, but I noticed by following Mechelle's hand holding the pants, and looking at the sweater since I liked the color...

The other woman in the picture is the woman who made those skirts in her shop, which was called something like Love My Jean Skirt. She was a conservative-Christian (not Gothard) homeschooling mom who started the shop as a place to buy modest skirts, some made from recycled jeans.

The shop, now closed, was in Hannibal, MO. And the woman met Meeechelle in, I think, 2014 (or thereabouts) in or near Hannibal. Meeechelle had come to speak at a homeschooling conference (travesty). And the woman was, of course, thrilled to meet godly Mama the homeschooling celebrity. And godly Mama did the lady a solid by buying a skirt or skirts, which got written up in the newspaper and put online and made the woman some more sales, of course. So she's understandably excited to meet godly Mama. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The balding boy band!  😂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The other woman in the picture is the woman who made those skirts in her shop, which was called something like Love My Jean Skirt. She was a conservative-Christian (not Gothard) homeschooling mom who started the shop as a place to buy modest skirts, some made from recycled jeans.

The shop, now closed, was in Hannibal, MO. And the woman met Meeechelle in, I think, 2014 (or thereabouts) in or near Hannibal. Meeechelle had come to speak at a homeschooling conference (travesty). And the woman was, of course, thrilled to meet godly Mama the homeschooling celebrity. And godly Mama did the lady a solid by buying a skirt or skirts, which got written up in the newspaper and put online and made the woman some more sales, of course. So she's understandably excited to meet godly Mama. 

Who is hiring Michelle to speak at a homeschooling conference? Do they really think she does a good job at this?

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who is hiring Michelle to speak at a homeschooling conference? Do they really think she does a good job at this?

The same people who thought she deserved mother of the year award.

• Love 24
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The giveaway is that it's not remotely plausible that any of them said anything that funny. 

It looks like the three jean-wearers are laughing at Jana's skirt over pants. And rightly so.

8 hours ago, EVS said:

Yes, Boob is trying to attach Jana to the Holy Hipster Babes I, II, and III.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

They used to speak at tons of homeschooling events, run by various homeschooling groups. I expect they made a fair amount of money that way, because they had a lot of engagements. And not just Gothard stuff by a long shot. 

I think they may even have been invited to some since the Josh mess, although that is what brought most of it to an end. I seem to remember that,  right after their hideous young-girl-molestation response was revealed, there was at least one big homeschooling group -- maybe in Canada? -- that had them scheduled for an upcoming event in the very near-term, and there were flaps and debates about whether that and other future homeschool-conference appearances should be canceled and such. There were people vocally on both sides of that question. I'm pretty sure most if not all the groups that had already scheduled them did cancel. But there were also people yelling that that was unfair. 

Among other things, I'm sure a lot of people believed all the bullshit they slung in that "We're preparing all our kids to go to college" video that was posted here a while ago. It seems to be alarmingly easy for some folks not to notice the Duggar phoniness and lying, no matter what. I guess we often want to take people at their own valuation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They used to speak at tons of homeschooling events, run by various homeschooling groups. I expect they made a fair amount of money that way, because they had a lot of engagements. And not just Gothard stuff by a long shot. 

I think they may even have been invited to some since the Josh mess, although that is what brought most of it to an end. I seem to remember that,  right after their hideous young-girl-molestation response was revealed, there was at least one big homeschooling group -- maybe in Canada? -- that had them scheduled for an upcoming event in the very near-term, and there were flaps and debates about whether that and other future homeschool-conference appearances should be canceled and such. There were people vocally on both sides of that question. I'm pretty sure most if not all the groups that had already scheduled them did cancel. But there were also people yelling that that was unfair. 

Among other things, I'm sure a lot of people believed all the bullshit they slung in that "We're preparing all out kids to go to college" video that was posted here a while ago. It seems to be alarmingly easy for some folks not to notice the Duggar phoniness and lying, no matter what. I guess we often want to take people at their own valuation. 

I guess so because even before the Josh mess none of them had gone to college and it was clear none of them were. I'd love to ask any of those who invited Michelle to the homeschooling what which Duggar kid seems bright and well educated or even semi-educated? Even in the nicest light none of them are. The girls could only name that Prince Charming book as their favorite book. They showed poor James doing flashcards for math he should have learned a few years before. Jill? Was that their guess? Sure she study midwifing but was going after a license that was worthless and studying under a fly by night midwife who was as was really bad at it. Not wondering why wasn't she going to college for it or reputable midwife? The kids are poorly educated and its obvious.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I guess so because even before the Josh mess none of them had gone to college and it was clear none of them were. I'd love to ask any of those who invited Michelle to the homeschooling what which Duggar kid seems bright and well educated or even semi-educated? Even in the nicest light none of them are. The girls could only name that Prince Charming book as their favorite book. They showed poor James doing flashcards for math he should have learned a few years before. Jill? Was that their guess? Sure she study midwifing but was going after a license that was worthless and studying under a fly by night midwife who was as was really bad at it. Not wondering why wasn't she going to college for it or reputable midwife? The kids are poorly educated and its obvious.

The problem is that, at most of the homeschooling conferences attended by Michelle, education of children is not the primary goal.  Even the ones that aren't deeply fundie, often promote homeschooling as a way to prevent your kids from being influenced by people who are not just like you, not as a path to a superior education.  In that, the Duggars have succeeded admirably.  19 kids kept out of the public school system completely is something that a certain category of homeschooler would admire; regardless of whether the Duggars were adequately educated to pursue higher education or simply well educated for life in today's world.  Not the point for many of these people. 

There are a lot of legitimate homeschooling advocacy groups who do emphasize the quality of the education that the children receive and make it a primary goal to see that their kids do better in academic pursuits than the public schoolers; but the Duggars wouldn't be invited to their meetings to speak.  Or, if the particular homeschooling group recognized that fundie homeschool families were particularly enthusiastic and likely to purchase various wares at their meetings; I could see some of the more mainstream groups inviting Michelle to speak to try to draw some of these folks to spend money on travel and admission to their convention.  After all, plenty of people would come to see the reality TV star who homeschooled her kids and not actually know how poorly educated those kids actually are.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The problem is that, at most of the homeschooling conferences attended by Michelle, education of children is not the primary goal.  Even the ones that aren't deeply fundie, often promote homeschooling as a way to prevent your kids from being influenced by people who are not just like you, not as a path to a superior education.  In that, the Duggars have succeeded admirably.  19 kids kept out of the public school system completely is something that a certain category of homeschooler would admire; regardless of whether the Duggars were adequately educated to pursue higher education or simply well educated for life in today's world.  Not the point for many of these people. 

There are a lot of legitimate homeschooling advocacy groups who do emphasize the quality of the education that the children receive and make it a primary goal to see that their kids do better in academic pursuits than the public schoolers; but the Duggars wouldn't be invited to their meetings to speak.  Or, if the particular homeschooling group recognized that fundie homeschool families were particularly enthusiastic and likely to purchase various wares at their meetings; I could see some of the more mainstream groups inviting Michelle to speak to try to draw some of these folks to spend money on travel and admission to their convention.  After all, plenty of people would come to see the reality TV star who homeschooled her kids and not actually know how poorly educated those kids actually are.

Yeah, I think that homeschooling by fundies ‘benefits’ from the pure isolation; that is to say, you can’t judge your own kids clear headedly unless you have above average intelligence; plus some of those isolated parents have to wait 8-18 years before the students they know are tested with any sort of objective yardstick like college admissions.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

From Jana’s IG story. At least Jessa’s dress isn’t mustard yellow, it’s more of a pumpkin orange. 

20D69A39-5B1E-4DBF-A0AE-B2C1E9DA3E1B.thumb.jpeg.63066c970cefd3c2007503138945df4f.jpegB7F724DF-2122-4B14-8499-49B486961BF9.thumb.jpeg.d4464e123f8a432e805489e381c20c25.jpegFD22B320-2CE3-4C2B-9012-302C7B17C048.thumb.jpeg.bbd38d6a2bdc5da6f58816d46182f9a8.jpeg

I really do appreciate Jessa not flashing us during this pregnecy, but sorry, that mustard swing dress must go.

• Love 12

If she ditched the jeggings and the dress was in her size she would look decent. The hair just adds to her whole unkempt look. There are so many cute maternity tops and outfits on the Old Navy website, yet Jessa went for the only mustard piece. 

Screenshot_20190123-130835_Google.thumb.jpg.d1132860a95a810ea8153e0b38731567.jpg

• Love 10
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I have been using IG for about three years and I still don't know how to use, nor understand, the point of IG Story.  Jana's been on IG for five minutes and she's already got it mastered.

Someone once said the reason they used IG story rather than just posting it as a separate picture was because they didn't want proof that they wore the same outfit twice. Considering the amount of clothes this person had it was extremely unlikely they even wore the same outfit twice.

It's been rumored/suspected that the oldest four girls were doing social media for the family for a while. I'm not surprised at how slick Jana's personal IG from the get-go. They've learned from the mistakes of others at this point.

• Love 1