Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

My opinion is that Jana does not know what she wants. When asked a few years ago on the show how she envisions her life in the next 5 years, she shrug her shoulder and had no response other than that she didn't know. This woman does not think for herself other than what she would like to cook or bake that day. She had has her whole life dictated to her by her parents, especially Michelle who handed her a LONG LIST of household/childcare duties. I would like to see a comparative list between Jana and Josie as to what Josie's chores and responsibilities are at this time and Jana's when she was Josie's age. I think the difference would be shocking. I understand that there are 3 older sisters than Josie, but you know what I mean. I'm sure Johanna is shouldering the majority of the duties between the youngest 4 girls. Michelle? side stepping yet again, all of her responsibilities.

• Love 22

For some reason, Jana's birthday extravaganza with mom made me flip my thoughts on her.

I don't think Jana is sober and mature and waiting for the right guy, or hoping to have a smaller family, or anything else. I think she's LESS mature than her sisters. I think that she's looked at her sisters' less than ideal marriages, and terrifying birth experiences and has a childish fear of it, rather than a reasoned, adult preference for something different. The "carrots" offered to the married siblings like instagram accounts and "date night with mom and dad!" just aren't appealing enough to her to risk leaving the safety of the TTH.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think that fear is childish though. 

Personally- if you offered me Jana’s life or Jill’s life I’d take Jana’s in a heart beat. The devil you know is better than the devil you don’t- to me that isn’t being childish it’s being risk averse. 

I don't think I expressed myself well. I agree with you that there is nothing better about Jill's life vs Jana's. My point is that I used to think that Jana made that choice as an adult based on what she wanted for herself in her life. My feeling now is that Jana sees herself as a child, and doesn't want what her sisters have because she doesn't want to deal with the realities of adult life (being fearful and childish as opposed to rational and risk-averse).

YMMV, of course, but I think that we've given Jana a lot of unearned credit on this board simply for remaining single and ascribed motives to her that may not be true. It only took one day of her having her own instagram account before I flipped my thoughts about her.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think I expressed myself well. I agree with you that there is nothing better about Jill's life vs Jana's. My point is that I used to think that Jana made that choice as an adult based on what she wanted for herself in her life. My feeling now is that Jana sees herself as a child, and doesn't want what her sisters have because she doesn't want to deal with the realities of adult life (being fearful and childish as opposed to rational and risk-averse).

YMMV, of course, but I think that we've given Jana a lot of unearned credit on this board simply for remaining single and ascribed motives to her that may not be true. It only took one day of her having her own instagram account before I flipped my thoughts about her.

No it’s okay. We all have different opinions here and it’s good! Michelle is awful, but she is Jana’s Mother, so the birthday extravaganza (and wanting to be with your mom on your bday) is a perfectly normal thing to me. I don’t see that as childish at all.

I too like to spend my bday with my Mom (the actual day, we often go to the spa)- but I have celebrations with my peer group as well. I do wonder what happened to Laura, it was nice for Jana to have a PEER companion to spend time with. 

Your Mom being your best friend isn’t odd to me, if she’s your ONLY friend (and you have no close friends that are peers) I give people a side eye. But I’m sure we all know typical people in mainstream society that only hang out with their spouse or their relatives, and I think that’s WEIRD AF, but they think I’m weird for not being in a romantic relationship. People have different social needs and I think our own personal experiences color our interpretations of Jana (and other Duggars). 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think it's strange to say your mother is your best friend, but in Jana's case it's not true. Real friendship is reciprocal. Friends appreciate one another, help each other and don't take advantage. Does any of that apply to Michelle? 

Nope cause she’s completly self absorbed. I don’t think Jana knows that though. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think it's strange to say your mother is your best friend, but in Jana's case it's not true. Real friendship is reciprocal. Friends appreciate one another, help each other and don't take advantage. Does any of that apply to Michelle? 

It seems to me I've heard at least Jessa -- and maybe Jill -- make that Meeechelle "is my best friend" comment, too.  (Not Joy, of course, because her best friend is Sierra. WTF?) Maybe when they went out to lunch together in the runup to Jessa's wedding?

It must be part of the TTH Catechism. IOW, no actual connection to reality. Nevertheless, an absolute must-say mantra on certain occasions. Hard to know what any of the kids think about those things because they're so programmed to say them.... and it's not clear they actually ever think, since it's not one of the approved activities.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

"Friends forever"?

Interesting. Remember Jinger saying she and Jana never spent time together until Jessa moved out of the house? Pepperidge Farm remembers....

Maybe Jinger found a man for Jana down in Texas and “friends forever” is the new narrative they are going with because they’ll be in closer  proximity.

• Love 23
28 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I’m not one to be suspicious about every move the Duggars make but I’m pulling out the tin foil hat for Jana’s Instagram.  Every picture is so well polished and composed...what’s their angle here? 

I feel the same way. It's actually giving me the creeps. 

ETA: (Although when I think about Jana, I only really feel sure about two things -- she seems to be a hard worker with high-ish standards for stuff she does, and she doesn't seem to like to reveal herself to the public -- at all......And I guess the social-media persona that's emerging kinda goes with that. .... ....But now that makes me wonder if she's on social media with a gun to her head or something! .... That first cheese picture really does creep me out. What the hell is that phony smile?.... For some reason, it's giving me a kind of Twin Peaks vibe. lol)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
26 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I never got the BFF vibe from these two. I don't recognize that house, maybe it's Jana's 

Maybe it's a house in an alternate universe. 

Seriously. 

ETA: Could it be another part of the same porch that Jingle and Jer are on in this pic? -- Jingle's got the same dress on. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Maybe Jana has gotten kind of depressed and lonely lately, with Laura gone. So Jessa and Jinger are rallying around her, helping her to “find her way.” And they convinced Boob to give Jana a little bit of freedom - instagram. Plus, like I said before, Jana might be able to make some $$ on social media; Boob likes that.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Laura's latest IG posts make it appear that she has left the Duggars. She identified her home as Indiana, but I am the first to speculate that she could be using diversion tactics to get the Jana/Laura stanners off her jock. She's from Indiana, but she hasn't lived there in years, first at Gothard HQ for several years, then with the Duggars for what, two or three years since Tabby Paine left to marry the anal rapist?

Laura probably is not pleased at the sexuality rumors, especially if she is a convert. Her parents weren't fundamentalist right? She is a bit more worldly and I expect she was reading all the snark forums. She probably went "Oh hell no, I didn't sign up for this".

3 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I’m not one to be suspicious about every move the Duggars make but I’m pulling out the tin foil hat for Jana’s Instagram.  Every picture is so well polished and composed...what’s their angle here? 

Learning from the Dullards' and Seewalds' social media mishaps. If Jana isn't courting I think they may be paving the way for her to be a social media influencer. I suspect they're trying to market the Howlers as some sort of fundamentalist Christian boy band too. The Lost Girls had their CD and they're trying to make Josie into some sort of child star. The Duggars are diversifying for some reason outside of the TV money.

Probably a little too late. Jessa had the best shot and while she wouldn't have hit the jackpot like Kylie Jenner with the lip kits, I'm sure there would have been a niche that would have provided a comfortable living for the Seewalds once the TeeVee money runs dry.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And I guess the social-media persona that's emerging kinda goes with that. .... ....But now that makes me wonder if she's on social media with a gun to her head or something! .... That first cheese picture really does creep me out. What the hell is that phony smile?.... For some reason, it's giving me a kind of Twin Peaks vibe. 

I thought Stepford wives. 

Screenshot_20190120-213858.jpg

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190120-165006_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c2e3237b4b086da4202465061ca4e0cd.jpg

I never got the BFF vibe from these two. I don't recognize that house, maybe it's Jana's 

This picture looks so staged and fake. The dresses, the laughter, the pose. 

• Love 21

JanaMDuggar officially replied to a comment asking if she and Lawson are a "thing". Jana says "No We're not a thing." So it's official. Free Jinger has a screen shot. 

I could have seen them together. Jana is supposedly the most devout (or is that Jill? or etc.?) and in that case she would probably chose a guy from IBLP. Good for Jana for denying it herself!

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Temperance said:

JanaMDuggar officially replied to a comment asking if she and Lawson are a "thing". Jana says "No We're not a thing." So it's official. Free Jinger has a screen shot. 

I could have seen them together. Jana is supposedly the most devout (or is that Jill? or etc.?) and in that case she would probably chose a guy from IBLP. Good for Jana for denying it herself!

Maybe it's just me, but Lawson seems too into himself to worship anyone but himself.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe it's a house in an alternate universe. 

Seriously. 

ETA: Could it be another part of the same porch that Jingle and Jer are on in this pic? -- Jingle's got the same dress on. 

You know what they say about people who feel the need to express how much they love their partner on social media. 

Edited by Annabel11
  • Love 16
On 1/13/2019 at 2:23 AM, Lunera said:

Why aren't her sisters there? I'd hate to spend the evening with Bitchelle.

Michelle picked out and bought that skirt.

AR-306289991.jpg

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Probably a little too late. Jessa had the best shot and while she wouldn't have hit the jackpot like Kylie Jenner with the lip kits, I'm sure there would have been a niche that would have provided a comfortable living for the Seewalds once the TeeVee money runs dry.

I completely agree.....If they weren't too stupid, lazy, arrogant, fearful and short-sighted to find that niche and, you know, actually learn about it and WORK it. ..... Alas, this is not who they are, the Seewalds. Jessa hasn't actually got the character or personality to do this, I expect, and Bin's just too dumb, poor slob. 

8 hours ago, awaken said:

This picture looks so staged and fake. The dresses, the laughter, the pose. 

Maybe they could go into the business of producing stock photos. They've definitely got that phony "We're being so spontaneous and natural!" thing down pat. And they do filters. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
On 1/19/2019 at 8:56 PM, 3 is enough said:

I also think that Jim Bob felt compelled to marry off the "damaged" daughters first.   Then Joe because one of the boys needed to prove that he could find a wife.  Of course Josiah had to be dealt with.  And then, surprise! J.D. went off and found someone.

As long as J.D. was single, Jana being unmarried and able to run things at home was a bonus, but with her twin married, the internet speculation about her friendship with Laura ramping up, suddenly it is time to find her a husband.  Plus, Hannie is going to be 14 this year so she is old enough to take over running the household.  And a Jana courtship/wedding will be ratings GOLD.

That's my theory.  YMMV.  Obviously I doubt anyone has bothered to ask Jana what SHE wants, because she is just a woman.  

I think jim bob planned the kids marriages out like some kind of a business plan to max ratings with births etc. once the 19 kids gravy train ended...

• Love 10
23 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

For some reason, Jana's birthday extravaganza with mom made me flip my thoughts on her.

I don't think Jana is sober and mature and waiting for the right guy, or hoping to have a smaller family, or anything else. I think she's LESS mature than her sisters. I think that she's looked at her sisters' less than ideal marriages, and terrifying birth experiences and has a childish fear of it, rather than a reasoned, adult preference for something different. The "carrots" offered to the married siblings like instagram accounts and "date night with mom and dad!" just aren't appealing enough to her to risk leaving the safety of the 

i think it is more like if all you know if  dysfunctional families, parents neglect kids jana must raise, josh cheats on wife, jessa has to raise ben and her kids, derrick is a grifter without the sense to shut the fuck up ends up getting kicked off paying show his wife was a title character after cyber bullying a teenager, I think in her position laura would be my best option too.  her twin just got married so maybe she will learn that people can have relationships that are not unhappy and exploitative, if they work out well.  we expect what we know. she knows this shit show we watched unfold but she lives it 24/7

• Love 6

Hmmm, the Jinger-found-Jana-a-man-in-TX theory is interesting:

1. Jana and Jinger are suddenly besties

2. When Jinger posted the photo, she hashtagged "wishyoulivedcloser"

3. Jana is on Instagram when historically, this only occurs when a Duggar is courting

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

AR-306289991.jpg

I look at these people and i am amazed where do they get their sense of self esteem.  I am much to hard on myself think I am not pretty, thin, or stylish enough for instagram.   I would never in a billion years wear that shirt or live in a non ironic 80s fantasy hairstyle.   it gets bigger every year   wtf...

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Lunera said:

The cheese post is kinda weird but I guess this is the type of stuff people post these days for attention. They are really working hard to show off Jana.

fuck her cheese smile is so scary,  we didn't plan this my ass. hire a real publicist.  what subculture is orchestrating this.

• Love 7
On 1/20/2019 at 7:25 AM, floridamom said:

I think that Jana has trust issues. Her statement after the Josh incident said it to me...'who can you really trust?' were her words.

I also think Michelle is NOT pushing for Jana to find someone that she 'can trust' for marriage because of her own agenda in keeping Jana handy as the housemaid she desperately needs and wants. Lazy, uncaring mother that she is.

I think Jana having trust issues might be an understatement.  she might have been molested as well but either suppressed it with ptsd because she was older knew what was going on or never said anything thought she would be blamed as leading him on, already having to give up her jewelry box because jessa was kicking her bed, how you think she would have been punnished for being molested.  I would have shut the fuck up as well.  

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, jukie said:

I think it says With God all things are possible ...far to much time zooming in on Meeeechelles skirt,  here is a link, they are from Love My Jeans Skirt, and they got in the paper about 

https://www.whig.com/story/25895851/tv-family-members-wear-hannibal-made-jean-skirts#

http://wrappedinengagedbliss.blogspot.com/2014/08/love-my-jean-skirt-review.html

Dang. I was hoping for "Kick Me." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Hmmm, the Jinger-found-Jana-a-man-in-TX theory is interesting:

1. Jana and Jinger are suddenly besties

2. When Jinger posted the photo, she hashtagged "wishyoulivedcloser"

3. Jana is on Instagram when historically, this only occurs when a Duggar is courting

It would be more believable though if she was actually visiting them in Texas. They along with the Seewalds and Laura reunited in Georgia for a Jesus conference. But I thought all the Duggar sisters were close and besties?! (Lol)  

I know Jessa can be a little liar and has twisted the truth before but her reply of “taking applications for anyone who’s interested” comment makes me think that she’s really not in a relationship. It would have been weird to even joke about that if something is in the works. 

The cheese pic looks frightening and fake. Jana, please don’t turn into the “give me attention” type poster!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

fuck her cheese smile is so scary,  we didn't plan this my ass. hire a real publicist.  what subculture is orchestrating this.

I think there’s a fundy photographer / publicist that has been hired to lead the Jana social media campaign. Who knows the reason why but it’s what they all should have done to kick start their public presence way back when. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

AR-306289991.jpg

Mullet picked that skirt because she had "Dirty Dancing" shorts back in the day and Boob loved them.

ETA: Can anyone see the size? Can't believe anything fits over that uterus, but lately she's been looking like Kate Gosselin around the middle, (after her tummy tuck) so who knows......

Edited by drafan
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those eyes just look creepy.  Stepford pretty well describes it.  Empty and weird.  

That photo is pretty heavily filtered, too. No one has skin that uniform or teeth that even and white (at least not naturally)! 

• Love 12