Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I think Jana is the best looking of the sisters. Given that, and the general looks focused aspect of Gothard, I have to then believe that her still being single is either forced or completely her choice. I definitely don't believe that some man has never approached the family about "courting" her. It just doesn't make any sense. I hope that it's simply that the people who did approach her, she wasn't interested in and said a firm no, rather than selfishness on her family's part in a desire to keep her there to look after all of their kids. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I kind of wonder if they've been told 30 year old possibly-forced spinsters are a turn off to the general public. Either that, or perhaps TLC has grown board and was threatening non-renewal without a Jana marriage. Jed/Jer-Jason/Justin will all have the same TV appeal and chemistry as SiRen, so they're mediocre ratings, and there's no more girls to be married for a long time. Jana's never been a main character and that's a lot of weight to carry. A year and a half or so from now is gonna be a bad time for the Duggars. Jana is married in June, Pregnant and delivered the first baby.  Then what? Really? What's the Draw? No one gives a shit about Jessa's #3 and #4, and Jill is off the show. Jabbie can only hold interest so long too. They better cash those checks while they can.

If Jana is courting, I suspect the contract is being re-negotiated and TLC is low-balling the Duggars because what else is there to show at this point? Jana is the only one left that people feel some sort of connection to.

That being said I really hope she's not being thrown to the wolves for the sake of TV money. Their cult believes marriage is forever.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

I think Jana is the best looking of the sisters. Given that, and the general looks focused aspect of Gothard, I have to then believe that her still being single is either forced or completely her choice. I definitely don't believe that some man has never approached the family about "courting" her. It just doesn't make any sense. I hope that it's simply that the people who did approach her, she wasn't interested in and said a firm no, rather than selfishness on her family's part in a desire to keep her there to look after all of their kids. 

IIRC a few years ago one or more of the Duggar daughters referred to there having been some guys who approached JB about courting one or another of the daughters, who were refused. Maybe someone remembers the details. I can't remember how it was said but I got the idea that the guys were considered kinda creepy, even. And for some reason I think Jana was involved in that conversation. I think this was about the time that Jessa and/or Jill started courting. 

Or, I'm delusional. That could happen. Just saying. 

• Love 7

I remember that being discussed and was always really curious about the guys who were deemed creepy. Always figured that was either code for worldly or they were really damn creepy. 

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, Zella said:

I remember that being discussed and was always really curious about the guys who were deemed creepy. Always figured that was either code for worldly or they were really damn creepy. 

Oh, after doing online dating, I truly believe they were creepy! A LOT of squicky guys get turned on by a young, pure virgin who will do whatever they say. (Shudders)

• Love 12

I don't believe that Jana got IG because of pressure due to being 29. This time, the key here is Joe. He and Kendra are married and CHOSE NOT to have an IG account. Where's the pressure for them? They are also on Counting On, and they have a child on top of all that. Where's the pressure to keep their adoring fans informed about what's happening with Garrett?

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Oh, after doing online dating, I truly believe they were creepy! A LOT of squicky guys get turned on by a young, pure virgin who will do whatever they say. (Shudders)

Yeah that's fair enough. I feel like the Duggars have a bit of a blind spot to how creepy they can come off, so for them to unanimously agree about these guys being creepy seems to speak volumes about the potential suitors' creepiness. . . . 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

I thought Laura DeMaise was Jana's best friend.... Michelle is her best friend.....John David is her best friend.....which is it Jana?

And if several of the daughters declare Michelle is their best friend (didn't Jinger just practically do so?), then who is Michelle's best friend? She can't play favorites and single out just one of her kids. Besides, we know that Boob is MEchelle's best friend. So if Michelle truly is Jana's "best friend," the feeling isn't mutual. 

I'm a mother of 2 adult daughters and I love them both dearly, but I can't be their best friend - our relationships are way more complicated than that.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Which child HAVEN'T they done this to?

Fair. I probably should have worded that better. Just hoping that they don't find a Tim Robertson type just to marry her off for TV ratings. Or a Dullard not-a-job-type person.

• Love 1

Those ugly jean skirts were made in Hannibal, MO, the birth place of Mark Twain--yet another author I bet the Duggars have never read.  Sam Clemens would shake his head at the nonsense this family foists on the public.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't believe that Jana got IG because of pressure due to being 29. This time, the key here is Joe. He and Kendra are married and CHOSE NOT to have an IG account. Where's the pressure for them? They are also on Counting On, and they have a child on top of all that. Where's the pressure to keep their adoring fans informed about what's happening with Garrett?

Maybe Kendra's family objected to IG during the transfer of property.

• Love 8

I agree with an earlier post, maybe in Joy's thread about the older Duggar females hopping on Instagram, something's up. Maybe TLC is reducing them to short season specials. Maybe they're taking our advice and thinking ahead financially. Jana is trying to grow her number of followers, Jill, Jinger and Joy are advertising and shilling. I wonder what Jessa will attempt? Certainly not maternity wear. Maybe some homeschooling kit or something.

@Churchhoney, the end may be near!

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Zella said:

I've wondered this. Especially given who the Duggars ended up with. Even in the nicest light it comes off a little creepy. Ben getting his parents to drive hours from where they lived just to meet Jessa? Jill flying halfway around the world to meet Derick and asked to court in the week or so they were together. Even learning she talked and met his mother before then is weird. Derick deciding to court Jill despite only knowing her from phone calls and meeting her once.  Jeremy going to a baby shower for someone he didn't even know and being in the real world but still choosing to a very sheltered Jinger with limited education and raised to have headships to court and marry. Austin just seems creepy, supporter of Pearls and Joy painting her name on walls is weird. Plus all the hoops all four men/boys were willing to jump through to just to land a Duggar. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I've wondered this. Especially given who the Duggars ended up with. Even in the nicest light it comes off a little creepy. Ben getting his parents to drive hours from where they lived just to meet Jessa? Jill flying halfway around the world to meet Derick and asked to court in the week or so they were together. Even learning she talked and met his mother before then is weird. Derick deciding to court Jill despite only knowing her from phone calls and meeting her once.  Jeremy going to a baby shower for someone he didn't even know and being in the real world but still choosing to a very sheltered Jinger with limited education and raised to have headships to court and marry. Austin just seems creepy, supporter of Pearls and Joy painting her name on walls is weird. Plus all the hoops all four men/boys were willing to jump through to just to land a Duggar. 

They may feel they got the cream of their crop since none of these are unrepentant rapists or child molesters. 

• Love 20

She’s a bit more social media savvy than Jill. I’m guessing Jinger or Jessa took the pictures since Spurgeon is in one. I’m fascinated by her mixer. I’m surprised they don’t have a KitchenAid stand mixer. If that was her written recipe, then she has pretty handwriting. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

And she’s answering a bunch of questions about the bread. 

Its already game, set, and match, Jana.

Jana's bread post got over 300 comments and they all asked basically the same 4 questions over and over.  Welcome to social media Jana.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

She’s a bit more social media savvy than Jill. I’m guessing Jinger or Jessa took the pictures since Spurgeon is in one. I’m fascinated by her mixer. I’m surprised they don’t have a KitchenAid stand mixer. If that was her written recipe, then she has pretty handwriting. 

I have the same mixer it is great. I like the fact I do not have to pull the head, I think k that's what you call it, to put stuff in.

• Love 2

Jill commented on the post, so perhaps she took note of the composition. She said, yum now I want some. Meanwhile Anna posted that the bread was great as usual. So, it would seem Anna was there, Jill was not.

The post now has 874 comments, and they all appear to be positive. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Notice the purity ring on Jana's right hand finger? Creepy to say the least. This grown woman is now 29 years old; not 14.

Is that what it is?  I've heard of them, and I agree, it's completely creepy.  Did JB bestow them on the girls at a certain age?  FTS.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2019 at 3:51 AM, floridamom said:

I thought Laura DeMaise was Jana's best friend.... Michelle is her best friend.....John David is her best friend.....which is it Jana?

Jana reminds me of Oprah instead of saying you get a car you get a car you get a car Jana says you're my best friend you're my best friend you're my best friend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 15/01/2019 at 12:27 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

Your move, Jill.

I guess TPTB are trying to market Jana as some sort of domestic expert. If she hopes to stand a chance she’ll need to seriously up her game and provide appetizing recipes on her Instagram. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

I guess TPTB are trying to market Jana as some sort of domestic expert. If she hopes to stand a chance she’ll need to seriously up her game and provide appetizing recipes on her Instagram. 

She's already got more of a chance than Jill!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

If they are going to use anyone for that endeavor, Jana is probably their best shot. 

• Love 9

Jana is definitely a fan of the Gaines. When they helped decorate Joe's and Kendra's home Jana was using some of Joanna's standard lines from the show. I'm guessing the Silos have a website and Jana is looking at that as well. She needs to put a Fundy spin on whatever she's trying to achieve because there's a lot of mainstream competition on the interwebs. And we know from Jill their recipes from family and friends are hardly appetizing and aren't remotely healthy. 

The Duggars don't seem to do anything publicly without some (usually financial) goal. So as was mentioned, Jana's either courting, advertising for a mate, advertising for a spin-off and/or TLC has them worried.

As handy as Jana is with home and gardening, her talking heads and comments on the show leave me feeling she's somewhat like Joy in the personality and intelligence departments. I'm sure being beat down by Michelle and Jessa constantly hasn't helped her self-esteem either.

• Love 14

Jana is a quite, private person who, yes, has had the spirit in her beaten out of her from when she was a child. This 'coming out' on social media is NOT like her. I"m sure she was instructed by her parents to do this. This grown woman does not like, nor does she seek publicity for herself in the least. Goes against her character from what I have observed about her. After so many years, she is still quite uncomfortable in her TH interviews and by now should be used to doing them and appear quite comfortable. She still does not project this IMO.

I don't buy Jana's appearance as being her own idea or desire. Jana's age,  personal life restrictions and circumstances have now become a bit embarrassing to her parents. Michelle knows she has been doing Jana wrong.

• Love 18

I agree with the poster who said she’s had social media coaching. Her posts are just too well put together, composed, and secure for a person who just started an IG. Most people’s early posts are relatively awkward until they get the hang of their favorite types of posts and photos but hers are polished off the bat and God knows that none of her sisters (even Jinger who sticks to mostly safe pictures of her husband and kid with minimal captions) have set that example.  I think, like most things Duggar, this isn’t exactly as innocent as they want it to seem.  However, if you are a relatively well known personality, this is definitely the way to go to build a social media presence and I’m glad someone is investing that effort in jana. 

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I agree with the poster who said she’s had social media coaching. Her posts are just too well put together, composed, and secure for a person who just started an IG. Most people’s early posts are relatively awkward until they get the hang of their favorite types of posts and photos but hers are polished off the bat and God knows that none of her sisters (even Jinger who sticks to mostly safe pictures of her husband and kid with minimal captions) have set that example.  I think, like most things Duggar, this isn’t exactly as innocent as they want it to seem.  However, if you are a relatively well known personality, this is definitely the way to go to build a social media presence and I’m glad someone is investing that effort in jana

I agree. Her IG account is polished and well-managed. She's barely arrived on IG and already has 268,000 followers. Her profile photo is very well done, probably shot by a professional. She'll be making money from it in no time. She's already way ahead of clueless Messy Jill, and will probably outpace Jessa one of these days if she keeps posting good stuff. Jessa does have those cute boys but has nothing in the homemaker department which may be the niche Jana's going for.  Leghumpers must be in heaven with all the older Duggar daughters on social media now. And more ka-ching! for the Duggars.

• Love 14
On 1/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, Tasya said:

does anyone think they had to marry off all the girls josh molested first and this was the reason.  ie. she had to wait until joy turned 18 and was married so they would be able to sue those people for leaking the names of who was molested. notice only the married sisters defended josh back in the day,  since jana wasn't mentioned,  she couldn't  get married until joy was taken care of and they were on a statue of limitations to sue to police for leaking the josh report.  Jim bob is such a grifter, would have been really fucking strategic about getting money out of the city for that report leak.  but would be obsessed with marry off the victims first because his fucked up cultures mind molested girls might be thought of as no longer pure or virgins and would need to snag a good husband before going public. maybe it's why they end up with fundie losers.  people think these 7 year old girls were giving a teenage boy a come hither look or some other fucked up idea.  look at how little they were at the early specials when this was going on when they shaved josh's head.  jessa and joy omg so little...

• Love 13

I can't help but wonder if the social media presence is out of desperation on JB's part. Jana is nearing 30 and unmarried, a public relations disaster by his standards.  Maybe JB thinks that putting her out there will help to lure a suitably Godly prospect or two.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

I can't help but wonder if the social media presence is out of desperation on JB's part. Jana is nearing 30 and unmarried, a public relations disaster by his standards.  Maybe JB thinks that putting her out there will help to lure a suitably Godly prospect or two.

This is exactly what I think.  She’s 29 and not a suitor in sight. If she meets someone tomorrow and follows their typical path, she wouldn’t be married until summer. The earliest she’d be giving birth to JB and Michelle’s latest precious grand baby would be next summer. She’s be 30.5. I think JB is worried his bidders want a younger model that can provide a dozen or more arrows for their quiver.  Jana won’t be able to reach that level starting this late.   

Personally I don’t think jana wants that many - if she wants any.  I want her to have what she wants.  I just wish JB and Michelle did. 

• Love 11

I think that she might be in a courtship, mostly because we haven't seen any kind of "first look" thing for counting on yet. Makes me think they're waiting to announce some big news close to the air date, and then give us a trailer full of jana + boyfriend moments. Or, she just started courting because JB thinks this season will be a dud, but he can tease TLC with that in his back pocket for next season. I guess we will see!

• Love 4

Jana herself seems content to live quietly with a female companion in her parents' home. This arrangement may suit Michelle just fine because she has two adult women to relieve her of the burden of childcare and housework. But for Jim Bob, it might be a different story. He might be freaking out about the lesbian rumors floating around in cyberspace - rumors to which Michelle may be in denial or happily oblivious to.

Jim Bob, on the other hand, may see Jana as a threat to the brand. Her lifestyle doesn't conform to the Gothard narrative. She's as close as you can get in Gothard land to an independent single woman. This nonconformity must be deeply threatening to a fundie patriarch like Jim Bob and might make him even more motivated to venture beyond his comfort zone and let Jana have a social media presence so that - in addition to attracting more potential suitors -  she seems more "normal" to fans of the show.

Edited by Bayarea4
because I'm never happy with anything I write.
  • Love 14

Laura's latest IG posts make it appear that she has left the Duggars. She identified her home as Indiana, but I am the first to speculate that she could be using diversion tactics to get the Jana/Laura stanners off her jock. She's from Indiana, but she hasn't lived there in years, first at Gothard HQ for several years, then with the Duggars for what, two or three years since Tabby Paine left to marry the anal rapist?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

With the exception of Jill, JB had nothing to do with any of his daughters' marriages. Ben pursued Jessa, Jeremy pursed Jinger with help from Ben and Joy pursued Austin. Maybe JB could have steered Derick toward Jana but Jill was the one who "had a heart for missions" which she had in common with Derick. Jana has said she wants a guy who works with his hands and is around the house a lot. She sounded like she was describing someone like Chad Paine.

Who knows why Jana isn't married. Maybe she is avoiding it, maybe she is desperately longing for the right guy or maybe she's just casually waiting for God to drop a guy in her lap "in His timing".

I'm sure JB wants Jana to be married because in their world that's the way it's supposed to be and maybe he's tried to pair her off without success. IMO, JB has no more control over his children than the average parent other than years of brainwashing. And he had no control over who the girls married other than delaying Jessa's and Ben's marriage by a few months. I also am guessing if JB was controlling these marriages Jessa and Jinger would have different husbands or would still be single. 

JB would like to think he's in control and would like to have the reputation of having control, but IMO he doesn't.

• Love 9

I think that Jana has trust issues. Her statement after the Josh incident said it to me...'who can you really trust?' were her words.

I also think Michelle is NOT pushing for Jana to find someone that she 'can trust' for marriage because of her own agenda in keeping Jana handy as the housemaid she desperately needs and wants. Lazy, uncaring mother that she is.

• Love 14