Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

they look happy. the smiles on their faces are genuine.

Of course they look happy.  Healthy teenagers in the throes of lust and first love are happy.

They're around the same age I was when I had my first "serious" boyfriend.  If I looked through enough boxes, I might be able to find a picture of the two of us in a similar pose, with similar genuine smiles.  However, not six months after the picture would have been taken, we were attending different universities in different cities, both of us dating different people.  Life and feelings change.  Normally, when you are a teen, life and your feelings change even faster.    

The Duggar way doesn't allow for those normal changes.  Ma and Pa refuse to recognize that their own story of marrying quite young and living "happily ever after" is the exception, not the rule.  I graduated from high school forty six (yikes!!!) years ago.  Several people I know married their high school sweethearts, and not one of them stayed married.  Actually, now that I think about it, most of the people I know who married their college sweethearts also ended up divorcing.  

I may not be around to see it, but my sad prediction is that years down the road, the divorce courts are going to be clogged with Duggar couples filing right and left.  Unfortunately, there will be a TON of children involved.  And also, unfortunately, most of the couples who split will have nasty, messy divorces.  Partly because there will barely be enough money to support one residence, let alone two.  But also because the Duggar/fundie mindset is so ingrained against divorce, that they will have to spend years in complete misery, and they'll finally break it off because they absolutely hate their spouse.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
44 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Of course they look happy.  Healthy teenagers in the throes of lust and first love are happy.

They're around the same age I was when I had my first "serious" boyfriend.  If I looked through enough boxes, I might be able to find a picture of the two of us in a similar pose, with similar genuine smiles.  However, not six months after the picture would have been taken, we were attending different universities in different cities, both of us dating different people.  Life and feelings change.  Normally, when you are a teen, life and your feelings change even faster.    

The Duggar way doesn't allow for those normal changes.  Ma and Pa refuse to recognize that their own story of marrying quite young and living "happily ever after" is the exception, not the rule.  I graduated from high school forty six (yikes!!!) years ago.  Several people I know married their high school sweethearts, and not one of them stayed married.  Actually, now that I think about it, most of the people I know who married their college sweethearts also ended up divorcing.  

I may not be around to see it, but my sad prediction is that years down the road, the divorce courts are going to be clogged with Duggar couples filing right and left.  Unfortunately, there will be a TON of children involved.  And also, unfortunately, most of the couples who split will have nasty, messy divorces.  Partly because there will barely be enough money to support one residence, let alone two.  But also because the Duggar/fundie mindset is so ingrained against divorce, that they will have to spend years in complete misery, and they'll finally break it off because they absolutely hate their spouse.  

Arkansas and Divorce! They're Number One! Second to None! 

Here are the states with the highest divorce rates in 2018, according to the 2018 1-year American Community Survey:

STATE    DIVORCED WOMEN PER 1,000 MARRIED INDIVIDUALS

Arkansas 13%

South Dakota 12.1%

Oklahoma 10.8%

Kentucky 10.5%

Oregon 10.1%

Indiana 9.9%

Alabama 9.8%

West Virginia 9.8%

Nevada 9.6%

Washington 9.6%

And here are the states with the lowest divorce rates in 2018:

STATE    DIVORCED WOMEN PER 1,000 MARRIED INDIVIDUALS

North Dakota 4.7%

Rhode Island 4.9%

New York 5.7%

New Jersey 5.7%

Wisconsin  6.2%

Vermont6.3%

Pennsylvania 6.5%

New Mexico 6.6%

Illinois 6.6%

Hawaii 6.7%

California 6.7%

Casey Leins, Staff Writer

Casey Leins is a staff writer for the Best States section of U.S. News & World Report

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/states-with-the-highest-divorce-rates

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

Yes, Jim Bob and Michelle may be an exception to teen love and teenage marriage. My thoughts on this are: how genuine is their LOOOVVEEE for one another really? Michelle had a normal high school experience and a positive one; popular, cheerleader, dates, dances, etc...JimBob although religious did attend a real brick and mortal christian high school; with a senior banquet and everything...he was even able to DATE Michelle and ask her to go with him to this event...so, they continued to date and spend time ALONE together, kiss, and 'neck'..etc. Yes, they did put the brakes on before having sex, like many couples do. BUT....since they married; after a few years, they joined this Gothard, IBPT/ATI thing where God commands them to have baby after baby, remain together and be MORE IN LOVE THAN EVER. I don't think Michelle is all that 'in love' with Jim Bob after all these years. She doesn't shoe any enthusiasm for him, really, on camera. When he 'goes in' for another kissy, she makes a small squeamish face and puckers her lips CLOSED. It's a short-lived peck, really, in which Jim Bob make his display for all to see. I don't think Michelle enjoys it at all. She has convinced herself that it is her Christian duty to be happily married and play along with her husband for HIS EGO. If that cult didn't come alont and TLC pay their bills, I don't think they would have still been together at this point. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Yes, they did put the brakes on before having sex,

I really do wonder if that's actually true.  JB is/was a horndog and even in photos from when they were dating, you could tell he was more than ready to sleep with her.  I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to lie about pre-marital sex in order to fit their agenda.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I really do wonder if that's actually true.  JB is/was a horndog and even in photos from when they were dating, you could tell he was more than ready to sleep with her.  I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to lie about pre-marital sex in order to fit their agenda.

That’s possible, but again they were 19/17(a few months from 18). PLENTY of mainstream kids start having partnered sex around that age.

Claiming you “waited” until marriage when you were hitched before 20 isn’t that big of a feat. Even if you had a romantic relationship. 

And if they were people that considered any sexual activity outside of vaginal/penial intercourse fine before marriage (which a lot of people “waiting” do).

Of all the things they claim, the idea that they didn’t have vaginal intercourse until they were married after only a year (and same change) of dating as TEENS seems plausible. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Man. It's crazy to think "There's a Justin???" will get a stand alone thread before Jana. 

Many of us have wanted her to have her own thread. The way things are going, that may just happen.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Many of us have wanted her to have her own thread. The way things are going, that may just happen.

It's going to be just Jana and Jed! in here soon enough if the other three are courting. Jackson and J'Tyler are still young. I agree with whomever said Jed! is Jim Bob's new golden child. He'll probably have his pick of the fundie ladies in several years. 

Hopefully they're run off the TeeVee by then. 

• Love 9

What's funny is that I follow a guy on Instagram who propagates plants of all kinds like this (his account is garden_marcus). Last week, Buzz Feed highlighted him growing and planting a pineapple he had propagated. It's funny Jana is doing the same thing this week. I highly doubt she's following this guy though, he's very into yoga and meditation in nature.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 9/26/2020 at 4:08 AM, GeeGolly said:

If a 17 year old is so immature he runs away because his parents didn't do a SM post for his birthday, then he certainly isn't mature enough to marry.

That’s not exactly what the link from Reddit said. It said he would move to Texas and work for Claire’s father, and that Justin felt disrespected by his parents.  It did not say he had run away to Texas already.

There are 19 offspring in the Duggar family.  Not all of them are going to work for J.B. even though he might prefer they do.  Not all of them are going to get along with their parents.   We’ve already seen that in at least two of the married couples ( Jill And Derick and Jeremy ( maybe not Jinger so much)).  We’ve learned that Joy had to be persuaded to stay in their religion by Joe. Josiah was treated badly by his parents   Justin has always been ignored in this crowd of children.  He’s definitely a middle child.   Why shouldn’t he be the one to stand up and say ‘I can do better’? 

As to whether or not he’s  mature enough to marry.... of course he’s not. Normal young adults  change drastically between 16-25.  That’s enough of a reason not to marry until mid -twenties and you know who you are and what you want in a partner. the Duggar children are sub-normal. Jill is changing now at 28 or so. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

He’s definitely a middle child.   Why shouldn’t he be the one to stand up and say ‘I can do better’? 

Yes. And because of this I can see why he’d pull a Ben and go work for Claire’s family. Claire is the oldest of 6 so he will get more attention than he will from his family of origin. And he will also have the distinction of being the first in law. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. And because of this I can see why he’d pull a Ben and go work for Claire’s family. Claire is the oldest of 6 so he will get more attention than he will from his family of origin. And he will also have the distinction of being the first in law. 

And because it's working for another long-time faithful Gothard family in a dad-owned business, it's not really far off the ranch at all. In fact, it's quite near the Gothard mothership. So he's right on the Duggs' main travel itinerary. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

exqjjhneipp51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

epyeh3beykp51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

OK, now that's he's officially snark-bait.......

Top pic...it looks as though he's 2/3 of the way into a receding hairline and he's glued a circular hairpiece on top of the shiny spot.

2nd pic: those Justin hats are going to wear out their welcome really quickly.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, drafan said:

OK, now that's he's officially snark-bait.......

Top pic...it looks as though he's 2/3 of the way into a receding hairline and he's glued a circular hairpiece on top of the shiny spot.

2nd pic: those Justin hats are going to wear out their welcome really quickly.

There is something very strange about his hairline.  He's got the poofy bangs in front and it looks like the part behind it is pulled back like he's got a barrette holding it.  I need to see a 360 of his head to figure out what's going on up there.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Mustard color is in right now. Target has mustard colored comforters, towels, clothes etc.

I'm sure Jill and Jessa will take her out back for wearing their color, in short order.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, awaken said:

I can’t get over how much she looks like Jana, and how much she and Justin look alike! And they are awfully close for a couple who’s just courting. 🤔

I was surprised by how close they were in the earlier photos in front of the Christmas tree. Was that last Christmas? If so, then it suggests Justin and Claire have been 'in a relationship/courting' for quite a while. We know any sort of physical contact is not encouraged with random members of the opposite 'gender' so how long has this courtship been going on?  It makes me wonder how young they were when this began. Was it arranged? Were they caught out acting like normal teens and thrown into a courtship by their parents to save them from sin 🙄

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kewpie said:

I was surprised by how close they were in the earlier photos in front of the Christmas tree. Was that last Christmas? If so, then it suggests Justin and Claire have been 'in a relationship/courting' for quite a while. We know any sort of physical contact is not encouraged with random members of the opposite 'gender' so how long has this courtship been going on?  It makes me wonder how young they were when this began. Was it arranged? Were they caught out acting like normal teens and thrown into a courtship by their parents to save them from sin 🙄

Yes, that would have been from late December/January since that was Justin's avatar on his Dudley Do-Right profile. 

This clearly has been going on for a very long time. Once we get to know more about the Spiveys we can judge. My unscientific hypothesis is that they wanted to latch onto the Duggars and didn't matter which Howler it was as long as it was a Duggar. 

This is subject to change. 

Justin is going to be the youngest graduate from the Lonely Js club. 

• Love 7

Interesting pictures.  The bottom one, which one of these is not like the others? 

In the Duggar dudes duds pic. Jed seems to have a beer belly and that shirt is not very flattering except for showing off his nipple which looks a bit low.  James and Jackson don't seem to have the unfortunate hairline but they are young (though James is older than Justin).  Joe needs to do something about that Kewpie doll  curl in the front.  With this said, I am not really that petty about looks and think they look ok. Well except for JB because he has the insincere slime vib and well Jed's shirt is a bit disturbing. 

• LOL 9
9 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

77014578_ScreenShot2020-09-30at5_53_56PM.thumb.png.21f5e670f7e2c99535ba1362e651469c.png

James looks so over it in this picture. He needs to escape and spend more time with Jill (not that that will ever be allowed to happen)

He's over 18 he should be able to do what he wants. The amount of control these people have over their adult children makes me sick. 

• Love 16
15 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

That would mean all the adult Howlers have an IG except James.

I wonder if that's because he's Jill's buddy and JB doesn't want him to have any unauthorized access to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

doubt it since they can do nothing on a phone without the daily report going to mama and pops per whatever app.

I think James is most likely set with Lauren Caldwell. He has purchased a house to flip and has been showcased as the tree stump/duggar totem carver. he seems to work for a sketch duggar business called J and J services. he has been seen in the shirt in many pics, but I can find no actual business entity under that name.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

doubt it since they can do nothing on a phone without the daily report going to mama and pops per whatever app.

I think James is most likely set with Lauren Caldwell. He has purchased a house to flip and has been showcased as the tree stump/duggar totem carver. he seems to work for a sketch duggar business called J and J services. he has been seen in the shirt in many pics, but I can find no actual business entity under that name.

Who needs an actual business when you have a shirt and an llc?

• LOL 22
  • Love 2