Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Jeremiah went on a small flight with a young lady named Elizabeth Patton. I thought he was courting someone else. Still it wasn't clear that this was anything other than taking friends/clients? up in the plane. He and another man were flying the plane and she had someone else with her. 

James is hanging out with the Caldwells. Joe was also there. 

• Useful 3
45 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

"literally"? You either did or you didn't.

This weird obsession with making memories also baffles me. There is only so much your mind can process. This constant harping about it has something rather desperate

"Making memories" is a cover for bragging.

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Making memories" is a cover for bragging.

I think it's part of their we-are-so-virtuous-and-everything-we-do-is-part-of-some-huge-universal-picture-that-Jesus-approves-of language.

Other people just go out on the lake, but we "make memories" on the lake. We're not just wasting our time like you heathens. We're creating something of value for the future.

"In this season of life we've made so many memories."

They want everything they say to create the atmosphere of a 1950s-Hallmark-greeting-card-crossed-with-KJV-Book-of-Psalms -- s-l-o-w-l-y ponderously rhythmic (a bit....no drums) and with metaphors, but sort of abstract and fuzzy ones....e.g., "season of life."

The "literally" sounds pitiable to me. Sounds like she feels staying on a lake until after sunset is a really daring, exciting and unusual thing. And for her it probably is. I think their lives pretty much revolve around the daylight. And even then they always need accountability partners. I'd guess that's because stuff like beer and Satan come out at night.

(What's this "lake hair don't care" thing? I see it's on a bunch of caps for sale....I never heard it before, though....Some commercial slogan?)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jeremiah went on a small flight with a young lady named Elizabeth Patton. I thought he was courting someone else. Still it wasn't clear that this was anything other than taking friends/clients? up in the plane. He and another man were flying the plane and she had someone else with her. 

James is hanging out with the Caldwells. Joe was also there. 

the Patton girls, Elizabeth and Lydia have been hanging around the Duggars quite a bit. Anna is a "mentor" to Lydia and Lydia then is a "mentor" Johanna

• Useful 5
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the Patton girls, Elizabeth and Lydia have been hanging around the Duggars quite a bit. Anna is a "mentor" to Lydia and Lydia then is a "mentor" Johanna

And this is known as "the blind leading the blind."

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's part of their we-are-so-virtuous-and-everything-we-do-is-part-of-some-huge-universal-picture-that-Jesus-approves-of language.

Other people just go out on the lake, but we "make memories" on the lake. We're not just wasting our time like you heathens. We're creating something of value for the future.

"In this season of life we've made so many memories."

I see the "making memories" in posts from regular people all the time - everything from reading books, making smores, lawn picnics in their own yard etc. If the post doesn't say "making memories" someone in the comments will say making memories. it is a stock response like "so cute" or "so pretty"

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I see the "making memories" in posts from regular people all the time - everything from reading books, making smores, lawn picnics in their own yard etc. If the post doesn't say "making memories" someone in the comments will say making memories. it is a stock response like "so cute" or "so pretty"

Yeah, it's one of our big cliches, I guess, so why shouldn't the Duggs use it, since everybody else does?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

The "I needed this fresh air more than ever" part is rather vague.  Is she working 45 hours a week at a grueling job?  Most likely not.  Personally, I prefer "making memories" over "living my best life" - that one maks me cringe for some reason.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

The "I needed this fresh air more than ever" part is rather vague.  Is she working 45 hours a week at a grueling job?  Most likely not.  Personally, I prefer "making memories" over "living my best life" - that one maks me cringe for some reason.

Maybe she's finally noticed that she's mentally and emotionally suffocating. 

That'd be some good news. You don't need a lake, Jana. You need to get out of the cult. 

Kidding. Not gonna happen. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Real Army don't run on Duggar time.

and the real army wouldn't sell their used planes to Duggar Aviation for Jeremiah's sham LLC and flight school. they have at least 2 planes purchased from Alert

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I can't stand the "making memories" reference no matter who says it.  I think it came about with social media. 

Everything we do is a memory when we look back on things. But each incident doesn't need to be noted and recorded as "making memories" when it happens and for the most part, people don't care about your memories. 

I also can't  stand the "season(s) of life" saying as well.  Mainly for the same reasons.  

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I can't stand the "making memories" reference no matter who says it.  I think it came about with social media. 

Everything we do is a memory when we look back on things. But each incident doesn't need to be noted and recorded as "making memories" when it happens and for the most part, people don't care about your memories. 

I also can't  stand the "season(s) of life" saying as well.  Mainly for the same reasons.  

It is one of the more annoying SM humble brags. I would rather folks post with their excitement of whatever they did rather than hide behind making memories. If you're proud of a meal you made, just say so and post it. If you want to share a pic of a fun vaca, just share it. 

• Love 8

The "seasons of life" thing drives me crazy. It doesn't help that I have a peripheral acquaintance with enough people who are fundie lite that I see that with some regularity on social media from former coworkers and classmates. Every time I see it from them or the Duggars, I foam at the mouth a little. 

On a side note, a reality show of the Duggars doing actual military boot camp is the reality show I need. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Zella said:

On a side note, a reality show of the Duggars doing actual military boot camp is the reality show I need. 

I hope it goes better than Ben and Derick on the obstacle course.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I hope it goes better than Ben and Derick on the obstacle course.

Now that would have livened up the corn maze they did awhile ago--if they had added obstacles. 🤣

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

The "seasons of life" thing drives me crazy. It doesn't help that I have a peripheral acquaintance with enough people who are fundie lite that I see that with some regularity on social media from former coworkers and classmates. Every time I see it from them or the Duggars, I foam at the mouth a little. 

I'm holding out for the one suggested on a thread elsewhere, Lolli v. Kelly Bates.  I could dig into that one with a spoon!

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Sadly, I know the phrase existed before social media — I remember my scrapbook-crazy friends using it in the 1990s. (I’m not sure whether you were saying the phrase came about with social media, or your lack of fondness for it came about that way. If it’s the latter, ignore what I said.)

Although, I guess in a way, scrapbooks were social media before social media was a thing — the fakeness, the “doing stuff just to show we did it,” the stupid trends. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The "literally" sounds pitiable to me. Sounds like she feels staying on a lake until after sunset is a really daring, exciting and unusual thing.

This is so funny. "Literally" is the new teenage overused word. I know a family of kids who put a "literally" into every sentence.

Sad thing is, Jana is far from her teen years...and she isn't doing anything that exciting or unbelievable.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

Sadly, I know the phrase existed before social media — I remember my scrapbook-crazy friends using it in the 1990s. (I’m not sure whether you were saying the phrase came about with social media, or your lack of fondness for it came about that way. If it’s the latter, ignore what I said.)

Although, I guess in a way, scrapbooks were social media before social media was a thing — the fakeness, the “doing stuff just to show we did it,” the stupid trends. 

The big difference I see between the scrapbook trend of the 1990's and today is that we documented our lives for ourselves and our children, not for likes and fawning comments on social media.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Kate Gosselin was all about "making memories."   Ask those children about their memories of childhood with that hosebeast.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Jeremiah's potential gf... er, courting partner...

Checked out her (or their, as the two sisters seem to be in every picture together) IG page. It seems just a week ago she was working at a camp and yesterday was packed into a Chick-fil-A. Looks like a recipe for a covid outbreak.

• Love 1

Which one is Elizabeth? And Duggars don't care about blue eyes, its just how many babys they can shoot out. And no education of note, don't want the women being smarter than the Duggar boys.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1

lydia has also recently been to the Yellow Rock Trail in AR and done taco tuesday with a bunch of folks and they did go to Kamp recently. and Kamp is how the referred to it. lydia.grace96. no masks for the most part.

Kanakuk Kamps

Edited by crazy8s
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Which one is Elizabeth?

I believe Elizabeth is the one with the crooked teeth. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be mean (mine are crooked too). I don’t know what else to say about either sister. They do have very striking blue eyes.

• Love 2

I've been teaching English for nearly two decades, and "literally" has been overused - and misused when they actually  mean figuratively - by young people since I started, if not longer. The newer trend I see is "iconic", taking the place of "epic". 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I've been teaching English for nearly two decades, and "literally" has been overused - and misused when they actually  mean figuratively - by young people since I started, if not longer. The newer trend I see is "iconic", taking the place of "epic". 

Unfortunately now even the dictionary defines literally as figuratively. 🤷‍♀️

2: in effect : VIRTUALLY —used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Unfortunately now even the dictionary defines literally as figuratively. 🤷‍♀️

2: in effect : VIRTUALLY —used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice

The English language (and others, I suppose, though maybe not to the same extent) has a history of words coming to mean their opposites. The word "nice" has been through an entire series of flip-flops in meaning, from positive to negative and back again. To say nothing of words like "wicked", especially if you are from New England. 

I find things like this really interesting, and accept this sort of language evolution as inevitable, but this particular case rather bothers me, as the meanings of virtual and literal seem like too useful a distinction to blur like that.

• Love 12
On 8/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, BigBingerBro said:

I would need fresh air more than ever if I was stuck in the "big house" for so many  hours.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

I would need fresh air more than ever if I was stuck in the "big house" for so many  hours.

but she has that garden doncha know

and reflection in laura's glasses also show a guy with big arm muscles, so certainly not a duggar male

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The English language (and others, I suppose, though maybe not to the same extent) has a history of words coming to mean their opposites. The word "nice" has been through an entire series of flip-flops in meaning, from positive to negative and back again. To say nothing of words like "wicked", especially if you are from New England. 

I find things like this really interesting, and accept this sort of language evolution as inevitable, but this particular case rather bothers me, as the meanings of virtual and literal seem like too useful a distinction to blur like that.

Totally agree. I mean, words are for our use... So definitions follow usage. I have nothing at all against that except when an important and useful concept or distinction gets lost in the process.....And sadly that happens.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

The smell is truly my first thought every time I see any photograph inside that palace of beige, brown and gold tones.  I feel as if the only way it could smell worse than my imagination is if a dozen cats were added into the mix.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5