Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SpaghettiTuesdays

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James and Justin

Recommended Posts


says a man who supposedly owns a business while sleeping in a bunk bed at home with like 6 other guys in the same room. Or maybe Jase lives with JED! and Jeer and uses one of those bunk beds.

so let's remember Jana's trips - she goes to Magnolia with Laura, went to Vegas with Laura and JB, goes with the bros and the Bates' on fake Mediccorps rescue missions as their chaperone or whatever. Went with the family to visit Jer and Jing. Went to Universal with the Medicorp Team and Jing and Jer.

But still can't be included with activities for the married couples as shown many times on the show and their SM

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

I was just coming here to post that. Jase got a little defensive, didn't he? I guess he's as much of an asshole as every other Duggar who has put themselves out there on SM. 🙄

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

Oooooh, Jase is a petty bitch?! Nobody can out-snark the Duggar critics. That's one fight he doesn't want to pick....

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

says a man who supposedly owns a business while sleeping in a bunk bed at home with like 6 other guys in the same room. Or maybe Jase lives with JED! and Jeer and uses one of those bunk beds.

Please, someone respond to Jase with this note! I don't think he has the brain cells to talk his way out of that one. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

Please, someone respond to Jase with this note! I don't think he has the brain cells to talk his way out of that one. 

maybe someone could also ask what Jana is doing with any income from that property she owns. is she free to spend it? or does pops control it for her until she marries a man?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Why Jase and not Jason on social media?

Jason's role model seems to be Lawson Bates, who responds the exact same way to things said about his family. 

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Why Jase and not Jason on social media?

Jason's role model seems to be Lawson Bates, who responds the exact same way to things said about his family. 

duggs have referred to Jason as Jase for a long time, Justin is Juddy, Jeremiah is Jeer, Josiah is Siah

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

duggs have referred to Jason as Jase for a long time, Justin is Juddy, Jeremiah is Jeer, Josiah is Siah

Yes I would still have my full name rather than a nickname on social media to make it clearer that it's me.  Especially since Jason is not one of the more memorable Duggars. How many times have we seen "there's a Jason"? 😜

Josiah actually goes by Si on social media. He has a joint account with his wife SiandLaurenDuggar. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

Yes I would still have my full name rather than a nickname on social media to make it clearer that it's me.  Especially since Jason is not one of the more memorable Duggars. How many times have we seen "there's a Jason"? 😜

Josiah actually goes by Si on social media. He has a joint account with his wife SiandLaurenDuggar. 

i just meant they are shown calling the brothers those names on the show. not social media. maybe Jason has been called Jase so long he doesn't even know there is a Jason.🤣

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was just coming here to post that. Jase got a little defensive, didn't he? I guess he's as much of an asshole as every other Duggar who has put themselves out there on SM. 🙄

I think it was an appropriate response to the original question.  Jana and her sisters were on a bike ride, and the true asshole wanted to know why she couldn't move out while a couple of her single brothers did.  I understand the question.  We are all asking ourselves and each other the question.  But it's still an asshole question to ask on a very innocuous Instagram post.

Good on Jase for giving it back.  Tit for tat and all that.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

vk78gnfqarc51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Taking a trip and moving out are two completely different things. Plus, even if she does take as many trips as he's implying (which I highly doubt), I can nearly guarantee she doesn't get to go alone or even with a friend like Laura. And if she does go out and do adult things without siblings and/or parents in tow, why doesn't TLC film it to include in the series? Jana is about the only TTH  offspring that any audience cares about, so I'd think the network would jump at any chance to show her being "independent". I'm only a few years older than Jana and I can't imagine the drudgery of sharing a room with several younger sisters, with youngest of being 20 years younger than I. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm no expert, but that wood looks awfully healthy.  I wonder if the tree was truly dying.  I also am giving a die-eye that this carving wasn't helped along by an expert...

The fact that it's spelled correctly indicates he may have had some help!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 23

Share this post


Link to post

 

14 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Taking a trip and moving out are two completely different things. Plus, even if she does take as many trips as he's implying (which I highly doubt), I can nearly guarantee she doesn't get to go alone or even with a friend like Laura. And if she does go out and do adult things without siblings and/or parents in tow, why doesn't TLC film it to include in the series? Jana is about the only TTH  offspring that any audience cares about, so I'd think the network would jump at any chance to show her being "independent". I'm only a few years older than Jana and I can't imagine the drudgery of sharing a room with several younger sisters, with youngest of being 20 years younger than I. 

Not that I really believe that Jana travels independently, but if she did, there's no way she'd allow TLC to film her.

Everything these people do on camera is staged and planned in advance. Since the show is about the family, and Jana is part of that family and still lives with them, she does her part by doing camera-friendly activities with the kids. But whatever authentic thing she does on her own (assuming she ever does anything on her own), she does off the clock.

I've never gotten the sense that Jana is so sad and beleaguered. I don't get much of anything from her except barely suppressed annoyance at being filmed, and I've always thought that's deliberate. She does not want the public knowing her business, but being the good little Duggar soldier that she is, she has to participate. Her dead eyes on camera are about her refusal to give the strangers watching her anything.

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2020 at 9:13 AM, crazy8s said:

probably James' new chainsaw carving skills are behind the J + J services shirt he was wearing in the pics with Jill. Maybe he is going into the tree service,/stump carving business or some such thing on days he feels like getting off the couch at the TTH and doing some work

I was thinking he could ease his way into carving ice sculptures at midnight on a cruise ship. 

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I was thinking he could ease his way into carving ice sculptures at midnight on a cruise ship.

The only way that's going to happen is if Jim Bob buys a cruise ship.

Now wouldn't that be a fun cruise? No alcohol, no dancing, no swimsuits, single men & marrieds on the top deck (different sides, no mingling), single women below deck, mandatory bible study morning and night, cream of slop casserole or frozen lasagna for dinner...

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Nysha said:

The only way that's going to happen is if Jim Bob buys a cruise ship.

Now wouldn't that be a fun cruise? No alcohol, no dancing, no swimsuits, single men & marrieds on the top deck (different sides, no mingling), single women below deck, mandatory bible study morning and night, cream of slop casserole or frozen lasagna for dinner...

Tater tot casserole for the formal dining room only. where black tie is worn of course.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Tater tot casserole for the formal dining room only. where black tie is worn of course.

The tie must be black. As for the suits, they can be any color, wrinkled, too long, too short with mixed jacket and pants. Unless you're Jeremy.

  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

Plus, you get homemade crusty bread and fresh green salads! (Small print: crusty bread limited to two small loaves that Jana and Jinger managed to finish before the photographer went home). 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

The only way that's going to happen is if Jim Bob buys a cruise ship.

Now wouldn't that be a fun cruise? No alcohol, no dancing, no swimsuits, single men & marrieds on the top deck (different sides, no mingling), single women below deck, mandatory bible study morning and night, cream of slop casserole or frozen lasagna for dinner...

You lost me at no alcohol.

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I'm no expert, but that wood looks awfully healthy.  I wonder if the tree was truly dying.  I also am giving a die-eye that this carving wasn't helped along by an expert...

Given the Duggs' fondness for science and logic and knowledge and all that, it wouldn't much surprise me if Jase and his bros mistook "leaves falling off in winter" for "tree dead-- can mutilate with chainsaw!" 😁

 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, GeeGolly said:

The tie must be black. As for the suits, they can be any color, wrinkled, too long, too short with mixed jacket and pants. Unless you're Jeremy.

Who would definitely show up with a pocket square.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Who would definitely show up with a pocket square.

And a bow tie!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2020 at 11:38 AM, Nysha said:

The only way that's going to happen is if Jim Bob buys a cruise ship.

Now wouldn't that be a fun cruise? No alcohol, no dancing, no swimsuits, single men & marrieds on the top deck (different sides, no mingling), single women below deck, mandatory bible study morning and night, cream of slop casserole or frozen lasagna for dinner...

Jeez sounds like hell on earth 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeez sounds like hell on earth 

This should be the tag line of any show, story, or video containing a Duggar or Duggar in-law. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Madison Nicole has a post on her personal Instagram page featuring James and Justin Duggar.  This post is new, so the Duggars boys, Madison, and a bunch of other people were likely hanging out recently. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, GeeGolly said:

The tie must be black. As for the suits, they can be any color, wrinkled, too long, too short with mixed jacket and pants. Unless you're Jeremy.

 

On 7/26/2020 at 8:11 PM, Tikichick said:

Who would definitely show up with a pocket square.

Imprinted with the ship's logo.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Not entertaining at all. And why is the passenger ordering? What kind of drive-thru is that?

Share this post


Link to post

We have some places with two drive-thru lanes and the passenger does the ordering in the second lane.   I don't remember seeing any of those in Arkansas, but they could have built one or more since I was there last.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Not entertaining at all. And why is the passenger ordering? What kind of drive-thru is that?

Justin (the driver) was ordering. Jason (the passenger and "star" of the video) was mouthing along with his words and pretending he was the one talking, which was supposed to be entertaining.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it was stupid. I'll never get Duggar "humor." 

Also the junior high level of maturity. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I laughed at Jason's response to that comment about Janna because of course her followers think that they know every single detail about her life and are in the perfect position to judge.  Although now I'm sad that they DO read all of these shitty, mean spirited comments.  That's, like, the first rule of being "famous", don't read the comments, or the forums.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think the Duggar-guy in the passenger seat was demonstrating that his brother says the exact same thing in the drive-thru lane and is mimicking that. He knew exactly what his brother would say. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

in the comments on the silly video someone asks Jase when was his Podcast going to start.

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/2/2020 at 8:16 AM, floridamom said:

I think the Duggar-guy in the passenger seat was demonstrating that his brother says the exact same thing in the drive-thru lane and is mimicking that. He knew exactly what his brother would say. 

That's what I thought, too. When the brother who was driving looked over and the one recording/mimicking him stopped, it was a little funny (to me). Not lol, but amusing enough for a short clip, even if I didn't know who they were. 

Edited by sleepysuzy
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

OMG. I didn't get it at all either! Now that it has been explained, it actually is pretty funny that Jason knows Justin that well. I had no idea that Jason was lip syncing to Justin! I think it's because you never see Justin actually talking (i.e., he turns around to look at him but you never see him talking) and you can't see who Justin is facing (i.e., too sunny). Also, I don't remember what Justin sounds like, so I thought that was actually Jason speaking. 

Why is Justin wearing those big-ass headphones while driving though? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/1/2020 at 2:13 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Is this supposed to be funny? What am I missing? Humor?

 

I don't think you are the one in this equation who is missing humor.

21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it was stupid. I'll never get Duggar "humor." 

And that is a credit to you.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/1/2020 at 8:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

Not entertaining at all. And why is the passenger ordering? What kind of drive-thru is that?

 It really highlights how unattractive they are, too. 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I continue to think Jana is the best looking of the sisters and IMO the only way she's still single is that 1) Jim Bob rejected every offer for her in order to keep her at home 2) She rejected every offer in order to avoid popping out 511234 kids 3) She's not heterosexual. 

Taken from Joy/Austin thread...

I don't know that #1 really applies anymore now that the youngest girls are old enough to assume more of the duties. Hannie and Jenni are teenagers now.

I do think #2 and #3 are plausible. From what Jana has shown on social media, which I do believe is carefully crafted, there is nothing that suggests she is a "rebel" or demonstrating different lines of thinking. Thus, there is nothing that suggests to me that she doesn't want a bunch of kids. On the other hand, she hasn't really been vocal on social media about praying to the Lord for the right man or being blessed with a bunch of kids. 

Then there's dark horse #4 she hasn't had many offers in the first place. That may be plausible as well, but it would be a mystery as to why, because, as has been said, she is very good looking and she appears to exemplify what a Proverbs woman should be (i.e., meek, God-fearing, has homemaking skills, good with kids, etc.). I can't attribute it entirely to lack of opportunity because all of her sisters through Joy were able to find their spouses. Maybe she has social anxiety.

So then I try to think about other fundie women who waited a long time for their husband. While some are still waiting (i.e., Maxwell daughters) others eventually married, albeit very late (i.e., 30s). And then I wonder whether there are any patterns that emerge with those types of women that are not necessarily apparent with women who marry in their early 20s or so. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Taken from Joy/Austin thread...

I don't know that #1 really applies anymore now that the youngest girls are old enough to assume more of the duties. Hannie and Jenni are teenagers now.

I do think #2 and #3 are plausible. From what Jana has shown on social media, which I do believe is carefully crafted, there is nothing that suggests she is a "rebel" or demonstrating different lines of thinking. Thus, there is nothing that suggests to me that she doesn't want a bunch of kids. On the other hand, she hasn't really been vocal on social media about praying to the Lord for the right man or being blessed with a bunch of kids. 

Then there's dark horse #4 she hasn't had many offers in the first place. That may be plausible as well, but it would be a mystery as to why, because, as has been said, she is very good looking and she appears to exemplify what a Proverbs woman should be (i.e., meek, God-fearing, has homemaking skills, good with kids, etc.). I can't attribute it entirely to lack of opportunity because all of her sisters through Joy were able to find their spouses. Maybe she has social anxiety.

So then I try to think about other fundie women who waited a long time for their husband. While some are still waiting (i.e., Maxwell daughters) others eventually married, albeit very late (i.e., 30s). And then I wonder whether there are any patterns that emerge with those types of women that are not necessarily apparent with women who marry in their early 20s or so. 

 

 

I have an added theory. Jana has let little bits of critical thinking and doubt slip out over the years. Maybe she doesn't want to be a Proverbs 31 woman, or worse, maybe she thinks she incapable of being one.

But I also think even with the Fundy expectation of married with children, Jana is relatively happy right now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I doubt the "little interest has been shown" is true. I bet when she was 15/16 the offers started rolling in for an official courtship to start at 18. Some of the other well known "waiting women" are a bit umm plain so that could explain why they aren't married or married late. But Jana is very attractive and at the time of her prime courting years was on a highly successful show with lots and lots of opportunities for a fundy man to put himself forward. I think that she would've gotten many offers. I also disagree that nothing of her personality ever slips out. Maybe it's because I am also a "quietly in the background" type person that many would probably say was boring. But I see a lot of side-eye and quiet snark in her at times. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

I agree that Jana probably did get many offers back when they were riding high in the early days of “19 Kids”. And logically, she should have had the first big ratings-grabbing courtship and wedding. I wonder if it was Michelle’s doing. She has always seemed to dislike Jana and she may have felt that Jana didn’t “deserve” to be rewarded with such attention, preferring that it go instead to Jessa (her favorite) and Jill (Jim Bob’s favorite). Keeping Jana “in her place” as the family Cinderella would be a passive-aggressive “punishment” and relieve Michelle of her housekeeping and child-rearing duties at the same time. And no matter how much they talk about Jim Bob being the lord and master, it’s really Michelle who rules the roost.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree that Jana probably did get many offers back when they were riding high in the early days of “19 Kids”. And logically, she should have had the first big ratings-grabbing courtship and wedding. I wonder if it was Michelle’s doing. She has always seemed to dislike Jana and she may have felt that Jana didn’t “deserve” to be rewarded with such attention, preferring that it go instead to Jessa (her favorite) and Jana (Jim Bob’s favorite). Keeping Jana “in her place” as the family Cinderella would be a passive-aggressive “punishment” and relieve Michelle of her housekeeping and child-rearing duties at the same time. And no matter how much they talk about Jim Bob being the lord and master, it’s really Michelle who rules the roost.

I don't think Derick is Jana's type & was a perfect match for Jill at that time and Ben only had eyes for Jessa.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's also possible that since Jana did so exemplify the Proverbs wife, they felt that they should hold out for a real prize - a real arranged marriage to someone who also had the sort of money and connections they did, and hoped to establish a real fundie empire of their own. But there were not a lot of those possibilities to start with, and Jana nixed those that might have suited JB's standards...then eventually she began drifting into old maid territory and what offers she might have once had dried up.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I think many of the families with the "prize" guys to court Jana at fundie courting/marrying age, looked elsewhere because they knew the Josh story or just can't stand JB

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Aethera

I know Jed is running for office, but unless and until this is discussed/shown ON THE SHOW, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size