Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I'm no expert, but that wood looks awfully healthy.  I wonder if the tree was truly dying.  I also am giving a die-eye that this carving wasn't helped along by an expert...

Given the Duggs' fondness for science and logic and knowledge and all that, it wouldn't much surprise me if Jase and his bros mistook "leaves falling off in winter" for "tree dead-- can mutilate with chainsaw!" 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, GeeGolly said:

The tie must be black. As for the suits, they can be any color, wrinkled, too long, too short with mixed jacket and pants. Unless you're Jeremy.

Who would definitely show up with a pocket square.

• Love 6
On 7/25/2020 at 11:38 AM, Nysha said:

The only way that's going to happen is if Jim Bob buys a cruise ship.

Now wouldn't that be a fun cruise? No alcohol, no dancing, no swimsuits, single men & marrieds on the top deck (different sides, no mingling), single women below deck, mandatory bible study morning and night, cream of slop casserole or frozen lasagna for dinner...

Jeez sounds like hell on earth 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeez sounds like hell on earth 

This should be the tag line of any show, story, or video containing a Duggar or Duggar in-law. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Madison Nicole has a post on her personal Instagram page featuring James and Justin Duggar.  This post is new, so the Duggars boys, Madison, and a bunch of other people were likely hanging out recently. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, GeeGolly said:

The tie must be black. As for the suits, they can be any color, wrinkled, too long, too short with mixed jacket and pants. Unless you're Jeremy.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:11 PM, Tikichick said:

Who would definitely show up with a pocket square.

Imprinted with the ship's logo.

• LOL 6

We have some places with two drive-thru lanes and the passenger does the ordering in the second lane.   I don't remember seeing any of those in Arkansas, but they could have built one or more since I was there last.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Not entertaining at all. And why is the passenger ordering? What kind of drive-thru is that?

Justin (the driver) was ordering. Jason (the passenger and "star" of the video) was mouthing along with his words and pretending he was the one talking, which was supposed to be entertaining.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

I laughed at Jason's response to that comment about Janna because of course her followers think that they know every single detail about her life and are in the perfect position to judge.  Although now I'm sad that they DO read all of these shitty, mean spirited comments.  That's, like, the first rule of being "famous", don't read the comments, or the forums.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/2/2020 at 8:16 AM, floridamom said:

I think the Duggar-guy in the passenger seat was demonstrating that his brother says the exact same thing in the drive-thru lane and is mimicking that. He knew exactly what his brother would say. 

That's what I thought, too. When the brother who was driving looked over and the one recording/mimicking him stopped, it was a little funny (to me). Not lol, but amusing enough for a short clip, even if I didn't know who they were. 

Edited by sleepysuzy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

OMG. I didn't get it at all either! Now that it has been explained, it actually is pretty funny that Jason knows Justin that well. I had no idea that Jason was lip syncing to Justin! I think it's because you never see Justin actually talking (i.e., he turns around to look at him but you never see him talking) and you can't see who Justin is facing (i.e., too sunny). Also, I don't remember what Justin sounds like, so I thought that was actually Jason speaking. 

Why is Justin wearing those big-ass headphones while driving though? 

• Love 5
On 8/1/2020 at 2:13 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Is this supposed to be funny? What am I missing? Humor?

I don't think you are the one in this equation who is missing humor.

21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it was stupid. I'll never get Duggar "humor." 

And that is a credit to you.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2020 at 8:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

Not entertaining at all. And why is the passenger ordering? What kind of drive-thru is that?

It really highlights how unattractive they are, too. 

• Love 6

I continue to think Jana is the best looking of the sisters and IMO the only way she's still single is that 1) Jim Bob rejected every offer for her in order to keep her at home 2) She rejected every offer in order to avoid popping out 511234 kids 3) She's not heterosexual. 

Taken from Joy/Austin thread...

I don't know that #1 really applies anymore now that the youngest girls are old enough to assume more of the duties. Hannie and Jenni are teenagers now.

I do think #2 and #3 are plausible. From what Jana has shown on social media, which I do believe is carefully crafted, there is nothing that suggests she is a "rebel" or demonstrating different lines of thinking. Thus, there is nothing that suggests to me that she doesn't want a bunch of kids. On the other hand, she hasn't really been vocal on social media about praying to the Lord for the right man or being blessed with a bunch of kids. 

Then there's dark horse #4 she hasn't had many offers in the first place. That may be plausible as well, but it would be a mystery as to why, because, as has been said, she is very good looking and she appears to exemplify what a Proverbs woman should be (i.e., meek, God-fearing, has homemaking skills, good with kids, etc.). I can't attribute it entirely to lack of opportunity because all of her sisters through Joy were able to find their spouses. Maybe she has social anxiety.

So then I try to think about other fundie women who waited a long time for their husband. While some are still waiting (i.e., Maxwell daughters) others eventually married, albeit very late (i.e., 30s). And then I wonder whether there are any patterns that emerge with those types of women that are not necessarily apparent with women who marry in their early 20s or so. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Taken from Joy/Austin thread...

I don't know that #1 really applies anymore now that the youngest girls are old enough to assume more of the duties. Hannie and Jenni are teenagers now.

I do think #2 and #3 are plausible. From what Jana has shown on social media, which I do believe is carefully crafted, there is nothing that suggests she is a "rebel" or demonstrating different lines of thinking. Thus, there is nothing that suggests to me that she doesn't want a bunch of kids. On the other hand, she hasn't really been vocal on social media about praying to the Lord for the right man or being blessed with a bunch of kids. 

Then there's dark horse #4 she hasn't had many offers in the first place. That may be plausible as well, but it would be a mystery as to why, because, as has been said, she is very good looking and she appears to exemplify what a Proverbs woman should be (i.e., meek, God-fearing, has homemaking skills, good with kids, etc.). I can't attribute it entirely to lack of opportunity because all of her sisters through Joy were able to find their spouses. Maybe she has social anxiety.

So then I try to think about other fundie women who waited a long time for their husband. While some are still waiting (i.e., Maxwell daughters) others eventually married, albeit very late (i.e., 30s). And then I wonder whether there are any patterns that emerge with those types of women that are not necessarily apparent with women who marry in their early 20s or so. 

I have an added theory. Jana has let little bits of critical thinking and doubt slip out over the years. Maybe she doesn't want to be a Proverbs 31 woman, or worse, maybe she thinks she incapable of being one.

But I also think even with the Fundy expectation of married with children, Jana is relatively happy right now.

• Love 4

I doubt the "little interest has been shown" is true. I bet when she was 15/16 the offers started rolling in for an official courtship to start at 18. Some of the other well known "waiting women" are a bit umm plain so that could explain why they aren't married or married late. But Jana is very attractive and at the time of her prime courting years was on a highly successful show with lots and lots of opportunities for a fundy man to put himself forward. I think that she would've gotten many offers. I also disagree that nothing of her personality ever slips out. Maybe it's because I am also a "quietly in the background" type person that many would probably say was boring. But I see a lot of side-eye and quiet snark in her at times. 

• Love 19

I agree that Jana probably did get many offers back when they were riding high in the early days of “19 Kids”. And logically, she should have had the first big ratings-grabbing courtship and wedding. I wonder if it was Michelle’s doing. She has always seemed to dislike Jana and she may have felt that Jana didn’t “deserve” to be rewarded with such attention, preferring that it go instead to Jessa (her favorite) and Jill (Jim Bob’s favorite). Keeping Jana “in her place” as the family Cinderella would be a passive-aggressive “punishment” and relieve Michelle of her housekeeping and child-rearing duties at the same time. And no matter how much they talk about Jim Bob being the lord and master, it’s really Michelle who rules the roost.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
52 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree that Jana probably did get many offers back when they were riding high in the early days of “19 Kids”. And logically, she should have had the first big ratings-grabbing courtship and wedding. I wonder if it was Michelle’s doing. She has always seemed to dislike Jana and she may have felt that Jana didn’t “deserve” to be rewarded with such attention, preferring that it go instead to Jessa (her favorite) and Jana (Jim Bob’s favorite). Keeping Jana “in her place” as the family Cinderella would be a passive-aggressive “punishment” and relieve Michelle of her housekeeping and child-rearing duties at the same time. And no matter how much they talk about Jim Bob being the lord and master, it’s really Michelle who rules the roost.

I don't think Derick is Jana's type & was a perfect match for Jill at that time and Ben only had eyes for Jessa.

• Love 7

I think it's also possible that since Jana did so exemplify the Proverbs wife, they felt that they should hold out for a real prize - a real arranged marriage to someone who also had the sort of money and connections they did, and hoped to establish a real fundie empire of their own. But there were not a lot of those possibilities to start with, and Jana nixed those that might have suited JB's standards...then eventually she began drifting into old maid territory and what offers she might have once had dried up.

• Love 15

I think many of the families with the "prize" guys to court Jana at fundie courting/marrying age, looked elsewhere because they knew the Josh story or just can't stand JB

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think many of the families with the "prize" guys to court Jana at fundie courting/marrying age, looked elsewhere because they knew the Josh story or just can't stand JB

I get hating JB and looking elsewhere, but why would Josh's transgressions matter?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I get hating JB and looking elsewhere, but why would Josh's transgressions matter?

It wouldn't be beyond belief that there's a streak running through those circles that assigns a measure of guilt and/or damaged goods label to Josh's victims.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

It wouldn't be beyond belief that there's a streak running through those circles that assigns a measure of guilt and/or damaged goods label to Josh's victims.

Well Jana wasn't a victim, but glad those assholes don't come a calling.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, I know that the "sins of the father" mumbo jumbo is one of their arguments against adoption, so maybe the " sins of the brother" might taint unfairly a young lady in a marriage situation.  Totally unjustified,  but justice doesn't seem to be a high priority among some of these folks. 

11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well Jana wasn't a victim, but glad those assholes don't come a calling.

The names of Josh’s victims were (poorly) redacted and while it was possible for us to figure out who they were, I’m sure many people in Fundie circles jumped to the conclusion that any of the girls (or all of them) could have been abused by Josh. Which, in their screwed-up world view made the girls just as guilty as Josh.

28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

just meant when Jana was prime fundie courting/marrying age, Josh's transgressions were still covered up to the general public., even though they had the show. fundie families aiming to be higher in the cult, or were already higher in the cult, maybe knew about it and that it would all come out eventually and wanted to avoid being connected to the Duggars at all.

• Useful 5

Isn’t keeping the oldest daughter home to raise the children and run the house common in fundie circles? I think JB initially refused offers for Jana for this reason. Then, by the time the lost girls were older, Jana was mid to late 20s and a few things may have happened. 1) the pickings were more slim. I’m also guessing a lot of fundie guys still single at that age would prefer younger girls (late teens to early twenties), maybe because they could control them more or because they could have more babies for the quiver. 2)Jana was now old enough, and had seen enough from her sisters, to have an opinion about what she wanted/didn’t want and may have rejected a few guys JB was considering. It’s so sad that 30 is considered an old maid in their culture but that seems to be the reality. I hope she eventually finds a good guy if that’s what she wants. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Zella said:

Why are they suddenly so obsessed with cycling?!?! 

Didn't you see the Jed Duggar state representative Tshirt?  They aren't just aimlessly riding around, they are clearly hot on the campaign trail.  😆

• Useful 2
  • LOL 14
On 8/4/2020 at 10:52 PM, Zella said:

Why are they suddenly so obsessed with cycling?!?! 

“My brother never graduated from high school, he just rides his bike around all day.”

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Didn't you see the Jed Duggar state representative Tshirt?  They aren't just aimlessly riding around, they are clearly hot on the campaign trail.  😆

The hashtags are a big giveaway too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

So, we have someone running for public office who isn't allowed to ride his bike around town without an accountability partner. We all know Jana is babysitting her brother

Yep. Not allowed to ride his bike alone, work for anybody but his father, or attend college. I mean, i read that there's a brewery/bar somewhere along that bike trail. We wouldn't want to trust the laws of the state with somebody who's allowed to go in there and get up to heaven knows what, would we?

This Jana-the-on-call-accountability-partner thing makes me realize how important it is that she does not get married for, oh, a decade or two yet. Think about it: If she did, who'd be the on-call-accountability partner for the 11?-still-unmarried-Duggarlings (including J'Tyler and excluding Jana herself)? We don't expect JB or Meeechelle to get on a bike with any of them, do we? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7